Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• What you suggest is in any case not what Rossi said he did in the paper, nor the whiteboard, nor originally in response to further questioning.

THH, your thinking is narrow and quite constrained. Do you not suppose that Rossi and his team have measured the device in every which way? Why wouldn't they?

Do you really suppose that they have only measured it the way that is shown on the whiteboard? Or perhaps they have measured it only in the way that it is described in the paper. Or maybe they have measured it only in the way that it was described in response to further questioning? LOL.

Or maybe Rossi always simply assumed the resistance of the reactor was zero, and didn't bother to ever actually measure it. LOL.

• How is the output measured? How is the temp measured? Does he assume blackbody radiation?

As Rossi mentioned earlier & I later quoted, in his on going experiments he surrounds the E-Cat QX with a liquid and measures the temperature rise. He doesn't have to assume blackbody radiation. What he will do in the demo remains to be seen. You really need to do some homework.

• As long as cost of energy is > 0 , if you cheaply can build your own people will do it. In essence it is a money printing machine.

Indeed. The cryptocurrency mining aficionados will literally be printing money as soon as a working kit is made available. There would be no stopping them. They don't hold back simply because some government regulator tells them not to or doesn't like it. If that were the case, Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies wouldn't even exist today.

• After reading what it takes to get certification, you just have to laugh at Rossi's go it alone strategy. His boasts of mass production to smother the competitors, is just that...a boast. Same goes for the 356/Suhas types that think they are on to something. Best thing for them after they allow MFMP to verify, is to run to the nearest big energy company and partner up. They have the resources and deep pockets to get the job done. An individual, or even a small group....forget it.

You are only master of unproven insults & negative opinions.

Rossi says he has approached UL. How do you know he hasn't? He says it will be easier to get certification (not UL) for industrial use. That UL will be necessary for domestic units and that will take a long time.

As for running to the nearest big energy company, that would almost certainly mean you'll get robbed and it will take longer. Rossi has apparently developed a relationship with ABB Robotics, one of the largest companies in robotics, who would certainly be competent enough to put together an automated. modular plant for the small E-Cat QX.

1. Svein Henrik November 13, 2017 at 7:28 AM

Dear Andrea.

Congratulations for achieving Sigma 5. I am unsure what this compromise.

Do it means that this super high security counts for:

1. The observation of an anomalous heat is real?

2. The COP of the heat is higher than 6?

3. Or COP is higher than 50?

4. The QX tested, will supply 20W continuously in a year?

5. The QX do function totally at least in 8760 hours with an interrupted use?

6. The QX will function in 10 years with 10% intermittent?

7. A robotic production will be of the same quality or better?

8. The possibility to control the units?

9. No harmful radiation is present?

10. No risk for run off or melt down?

11. Or all the 10 above?

I hope you may answer 11 and this is a result of all the different tests you have performed.

Best wishes for the demo and a soon coming mass production as the world is full of “San Tommaso Apostolo”.

Regards Svein Henrik.

2. Translate Andrea Rossi November 13, 2017 at 10:58 AM

Svein Henrik:

1- no

2- 11

Warm Regards,

A.R.

• So according to Rossi, the device functions to provide 20W for a year but runs on a 10% duty cycle. How is that possible? Does it make 200W while running? Rossi's two character responses show his need to be succinct. That is why most of the time, he doesn't answer difficult questions at all.

axil

You say my head will explode but you are the one making ever expanding nonsense posts, are you not?

• Axil,

That is a very impressive list of claims from Rossi.

This would probably be a good time the pseudo critics to shut up and wait for the demonstration. I'm betting they won't however.

• So according to Rossi, the device functions to provide 20W for a year but runs on a 10% duty cycle. How is that possible?

One reason you write much rubbish because you can't understand basic English.

The question was, if the E-Cat QX ran only 10% of the time would it last ten years. Rossi said yes.

• As Rossi mentioned earlier & I later quoted, in his on going experiments he surrounds the E-Cat QX with a liquid and measures the temperature rise. He doesn't have to assume blackbody radiation. What he will do in the demo remains to be seen. You really need to do some homework.

where on this forum has Rossi every posted much less mentioned methods. Please point to your reference.

The question then becomes what liquid is used and how is its specific heat evaluated, how is it mixed, how is its temperature measured, is it flowing or static, Please give me a reference to how it is measured since I don't see it posted anywhere.

• So according to Rossi, the device functions to provide 20W for a year but runs on a 10% duty cycle. How is that possible? Does it make 200W while running? Rossi's two character responses show his need to be succinct. That is why most of the time, he doesn't answer difficult questions at all.

axil

You say my head will explode but you are the one making ever expanding nonsense posts, are you not?

I interpret the 10% duty cycle to apply to the unshilded reactor with the transparent tube exposed to the air. The thermally cooled and shielded tube will function continuously.

It is like a car running without a coolant. The engine will overheat in a short time then require a long time to cool off before it is restated for the next cycle.

• where on this forum has Rossi every posted much less mentioned methods. Please point to your reference.

The question thin becomes what liquid is used and how is its specific heat evaluated, how is it mixed, how is its temperature measured, is it flowing or static, Please give me a reference to how it is measured since I don't see it posted anywhere.

I'm not going to do your homework for you.

Rossi said he was using oil for the liquid and then using a heat exchanger for the oil to heat flowing water

• Some vertical clamps, some washing machine hose, a nice DC power supply, a 1 ohm 25 W resistor, an automotive HID ballast, and an Xenon short arc bulb (handle carefully), some spare lamp cord, some alligator clamps, a couple DVMs, a few solder-less connectors, a few crimp clamps and hose clamps, an orbit irrigation coupler, some electrical tape, a bit of mineral oil, a digital thermometer, small blister pack of stove bolts, a spare piece of 2x4, a couple of project boxes or rat traps....

Don't worry, this is all gone. :)

Rossi stated meanwhile he has reached SIgma 5 (that includes btw millions of real and simulated equivalent test procedures, so fails / safety problems can be excluded with more than 99% probability...). I think we cannot expect to see this kind of stuff on Nov. 24th, more a product that shall be ready to go to his robotized lines, if he is right with his claims....

One reason you write much rubbish because you can't understand basic English.

The question was, if the E-Cat QX ran only 10% of the time would it last ten years. Rossi said yes.

Ah, thanks. I know so much more now. But believe me, Rossi's claims don't improve on careful reading. Quite the contrary.

• AA, Rossi’s list of impressive claims over the years would fill several screens. And you believe every one of them, including those that are mutually exclusive.

Vaporware is continually generated by high tech companies to keep the competition at bay. Such production of disinformation is standard operating procedure.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaporware

"Vaporware" was coined by a Microsoft engineer in 1982 to describe the company's Xenix operating system, and first appeared in print in a newsletter by entrepreneur Esther Dysonin 1983. It became popular among writers in the industry as a way to describe products they felt took too long to be released. InfoWorld magazine editor Stewart Alsop helped popularize it by lampooning Bill Gates with a Golden Vaporware award for the late release of his company's first version of Windows in 1985.

Bill Gates was the king of vaporware, and his product development and competitive position in the market was sucessful.

• AA, Rossi’s list of impressive claims over the years would fill several screens. And you believe every one of them, including those that are mutually exclusive.

No, not every one of them. He sometimes gets carried away. As time has passed he has learned more and I accept his present claims unless they are proved wrong. Rather like in court you assume the person is innocent until proven guilty. You ALWAYS assume he is guilty until proven innocent.

As forecast, the critics will keep on until the last moment.

• Well, it beats me. The Rossi claims to have a partner already, and he must have the experimental data to support his "five sigma" claim.

So why the blue blazes does he need the dog'n'pony show? With all due respect to all concerned, can any attendees credibly be described as opinion leaders or influencers? Why does he not simply go full throttle for a Magnificence of automated production instead of faffing about?

Looks like an ego trip to me

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.