Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• This may be like the common law courts, but it is the opposite of science. It is a kind of inverse science.

AH, so you assume every peer reviewed, published paper is wrong. You are not far wrong according to http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/w3csvsy8

The AGW fanatics claim anyone questioning their IPCC dogma should be brought to trial.

Science is currently in a very pathetic state. So climate scientists can't be scientists, right?

You have a very strange view of science. Normally it works by someone making a hypothesis: they work on that to make it a theory: if over time no objections are found it becomes a law.

• AH, so you assume every peer reviewed, published paper is wrong. You are not far wrong according to http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/w3csvsy8

The AGW fanatics claim anyone questioning their IPCC dogma should be brought to trial.

Science is currently in a very pathetic state. So climate scientists can't be scientists, right?

Rubbish. Science always abounds with controversy; but science today is also remarkably productive.

• I'm not going to do your homework for you.

Rossi said he was using oil for the liquid and then using a heat exchanger for the oil to heat flowing water

If he is using that to measure the heat (as opposed to possibly just using it to cool it) Then why do we have a picture of him in front of the whiteboard using Wien's law to derived a claimed output power? What you said above does not give any indication that the oil (what ever kind it is) is used for heat measurement.

It gets worse if he is using Wien's law at an assumed peak in the emission spectrum if it was measure through some unknown oil with absorption bands. That would drastically change the peaks of a spectrum. Also that raises question about the heat raise of the fluids due to turbulent flow or pump energies applied and how the pump's energy is measured. We know that in the past he was very "sloppy" with thermocouple placement on flow systems and had no mixing up stream of the sensor.

So you don't want to reveal your sources. It is unclear from your statement how the heat is measured: spectrum, change in oil temperature, change in water temperature,...... or just a non attributed Rossi says..

• Adrian seems determined to establish himself as the ultimate inverse scientist. Good progress so far.

At least Axil doesn’t simply parrot Rossi’s outlandish claims. He embellishes them.

This is true. Rossi is extremely humble and meek about his stupendous accomplishments. He will just put his creation out there for all to see: "look at this dude"

• If he is using that to measure the heat (as opposed to possibly just using it to cool it) Then why do we have a picture of him in front of the whiteboard using Wien's law to derived a claimed output power? What you said above does not give any indication that the oil (what ever kind it is) is used for heat measurement.

It gets worse if he is using Wien's law at an assumed peak in the emission spectrum if it was measure through some unknown oil with absorption bands. That would drastically change the peaks of a spectrum. Also that raises question about the heat raise of the fluids due to turbulent flow or pump energies applied and how the pump's energy is measured. We know that in the past he was very "sloppy" with thermocouple placement on flow systems and had no mixing up stream of the sensor.

So you don't want to reveal your sources. It is unclear from your statement how the heat is measured: spectrum, change in oil temperature, change in water temperature,...... or just a non attributed Rossi says..

Power in, heat out.

• http://www.newsweek.com/how-sa…-misery-takes-over-709403

HOW TO SAVE HUMANITY: 15,000 SCIENTISTS URGE ACTION BEFORE 'VAST HUMAN MISERY' TAKES OVER

More than 15,000 scientists signed a warning letter to humanity. Its namesake? "A Second Notice." These experts are warning humanity for the second time against catastrophic biodiversity loss and widespread misery for humans, in a cautionary message for humans to make major changes.

The open letter, signed by 15,364 scientists from 184 countries, was published on Monday in BioScience. The massive group of scientists, led by William J. Ripple of Oregon State University, is pleading for humans to cut greenhouse gas emissions, phase out fossil fuels, reduce deforestation, and reverse the trend of collapsing biodiversity.

“Soon it will be too late to shift course away from our failing trajectory, and time is running out,” the authors concluded. “We must recognize, in our day-to-day lives and in our governing institutions, that Earth with all its life is our only home.”

It is providential that LENR is good to go today.

• Power in, heat out.

I don't understand you point.

Notice by the way that heat is not power but energy. A ratio of heat out over power in is a unit of time.

But the bottom line for me is that it is not clear how the output energy measured. I think that the input power measure is not done correctly. I do like the idea of swapping out the 1 ohm power resister with a 1/8 W one to estimate a limit.

But my guess is that Rossi will not make the measurement and methods unquestionably clear much less demonstrate that there could not be things like hidden wires or ground current connections.

• So why the blue blazes does he need the dog'n'pony show? With all due respect to all concerned, can any attendees credibly be described as opinion leaders or influencers? Why does he not simply go full throttle for a Magnificence of automated production instead of faffing about?

Looks like an ego trip to me

Earlier I wrote:

"The real puzzle is why he is holding the demo at all. I suspect it is partly to offset the bad publicity from the Dorral affair and also to start marketing. There would not be much point in developing an automated plant if there are not ready customers for the output."

• I assumed nothing of the sort. I didn't mention anything about peer reviewed papers. I said that your suggestion amounts to inverse science. Which it does.

You have a very strange view of science. Normally it works by someone making a hypothesis: they work on that to make it a theory: if over time no objections are found it becomes a law.

• He might use a lithium battery to heat a 100 gallon tank to boiling.

• How certain is he / are we on these 20W? Is it just by definition? Just heat? A mixture of light, electricity and heat (or thrust in addition?) Not easy to measure electrical power if there is zero resistance at 2700°. At this temperature you hardly find suitable probes to measure by contact, and what IR thermometers / pyrometers can do under such conditions we have learned...simple little errors can multiply up to magnitudes, so the COP can vary tremendously...I am really curious to see what Rossi is really showcasing to his carefully selected audience.

Rather like in court you assume the person is innocent until proven guilty. You ALWAYS assume he is guilty until proven innocent.

That is because Rossi was found guilty of causing the Petroldragon disaster, several other crimes in Italy, he obviously and clearly defrauded CERL/DOD with claims to high efficiency thermoelectric converters, he never did a single adequate test/demo of the ecat, and he lied again and again to IH and then tried to rip off hundreds of millions of dollars from them with an idiotic and futile law suit, as evidenced by copious depositions by obviously honest and reliable people. Other than THAT, yup, we should believe him!

• You have a very strange view of science. Normally it works by someone making a hypothesis: they work on that to make it a theory: if over time no objections are found it becomes a law.

What you have omitted, which is important, and inconsistent with your idiosyncratic notion of science as innocence until guilt is proven, is that a theory (or an explanation) is established only after the community of scientists bangs on it for a while and comes to a broad consensus that the explanation is useful and accurate. An account of something can have no concrete objections but not be found to be a law.

But to bring your attention back to the motto of the Royal Society, which more than backs up what I said: "nullius in verba," or "take no one's word for it." Which is the opposite of assuming innocence until guilt is proven (to stretch the metaphor).

• So you don't want to reveal your sources. It is unclear from your statement how the heat is measured: spectrum, change in oil temperature, change in water temperature,...... or just a non attributed Rossi says..

The only information we have is what Rossi said. Take it ot leave it.

Better yet, wait for the demo.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.