Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• Great stuff. I admire the structure of this rhetoric style greatly. Such works whip me into a frenzy. Let us grab our helmets and our guns and head toward the beaches.

We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender. Winston Churchill

Churchill was made of great stuff.

• What do you think politicians do? See also http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/w3csvsy8

As I've said before you have no idea of the difficulties Rossi was facing.

Difficulties are not an excuse for lying and wrong doing.

And because someone else does wrong does not excuse another's actions.

Your view point says a lot about your character.

I would not trust most politicians to make good scientific judgments.

• The theory put forth in the Gullstrom & Rossi report was not supported by any experiment that I saw. The report simply estimated the COP that the reactor puts out.

Actually, the COP was not estimated in the report. It was left to the imagination.

The output was estimated by radiant power in one demonstration, whereas the oil demonstration seems to have measured heat.

The input power in both demonstrations was hinted at by demonstrating the calculated power dissipated by a resistor in series with the reactor. Even the resistor being in series is hinted at, but not actually explained in the report. We are left to fill in some blanks in the supplied information by examining a blurry photo posted on Facebook by someone with a name closely resembling that of a professional hockey player (a meme which perhaps incidentally frequently occurs on JoNP).

• Rossi brought the initial suit against IH. IH had nothing much (compared to expected legal expenses) to gain even if they won. It is Rossi that folded and he lost 89M + If he had what he claimed he would had much to gain.

And yet he marches on. He apparently has a new partner. He is on the cusp of revealing the improved e-Cat to the world. He has the world of LENR talking about him. He has you here watching every day.

And who was that other group that was involved at one point? Industrial something...?

• Rossi brought the initial suit against IH. IH had nothing much (compared to expected legal expenses) to gain even if they won. It is Rossi that folded and he lost 89M + If he had what he claimed he would had much to gain.

At the time, Rossi new about the E-Cat QX. Getting his IP and sales territory back was worth a lot more than 900 million. If he had won IH would have declared bankruptcy and had little money in the bank. He would never have got his 900 million + damages. I'm sure he grieved about the legal fees that he could not spend on R & D,

• At the time, Rossi new about the E-Cat QX. Getting his IP and sales territory back was worth a lot more than 900 million. If he had won IH would have declared bankruptcy and had little money in the bank. He would never have got his 900 million + damages. I'm sure he grieved about the legal fees that he could not spend on R & D,

The "IP" is completely worthless, if you mean that silly patent.

• Difficulties are not an excuse for lying and wrong doing.

And because someone else does wrong does not excuse another's actions.

Your view point says a lot about your character.

I would not trust most politicians to make good scientific judgments.

Think of business as a good game. Lots of competition and a minimum of rules. You keep score with money.

Bill Gates

• Rossi has “world of LENR” talking about him. Well, he does have the modest band of individuals who pay any attention to the subject on the internet arguing with a handful of totally besotted acolytes who are long past reasoning with. Makes one wonder who is crazier: those who defend the undefensible or those who think there is any point with arguing with them. It is hard to resist since the mind rebels against simply ignoring such jaw-droppingly delusional behavior.

• Actually, the COP was not estimated in the report. It was left to the imagination.

The output was estimated by radiant power in one demonstration, whereas the oil demonstration seems to have measured heat.

The input power in both demonstrations was hinted at by demonstrating the calculated power dissipated by a resistor in series with the reactor. Even the resistor being in series is hinted at, but not actually explained in the report. We are left to fill in some blanks in the supplied information by examining a blurry photo posted on Facebook by someone with a name closely resembling that of a professional hockey player (a meme which perhaps incidentally frequently occurs on JoNP).

If this issue is a concern to you, make a suggestion on Rossi's site. I am sure Rossi will appreciate your segregation if it has any worth.

• At the time, Rossi new about the E-Cat QX. Getting his IP and sales territory back was worth a lot more than 900 million. If he had won IH would have declared bankruptcy and had little money in the bank. He would never have got his 900 million + damages. I'm sure he grieved about the legal fees that he could not spend on R & D,

Your timeline is not correct for your conclusions. Rossi claimed to have the quark thing before he filed suit. If he won the suit he filed, the quark would have been IH since they would have had all the improvements. In his filing he accused IH of having taken 200M from China.

• Rossi has “world of LENR” talking about him. Well, he does have the modest band of individuals who pay any attention to the subject on the internet arguing with a handful of totally besotted acolytes who are long past reasoning with. Makes one wonder who is crazier: those who defend the undefensible or those who think there is any point with arguing with them. It is hard to resist since the mind rebels against simply ignoring such jaw-droppingly delusional behavior.

I wonder if the Cardinals and the other inquisitors though as such about Galileo and the other rationalists?

• Your timeline is not correct for your conclusions. Rossi claimed to have the quark thing before he filed suit. If he won the suit he filed, the quark would have been IH since they would have had all the improvements. In his filing he accused IH of having taken 200M from China.

Keeping the Quark IP out of the hands of IH was the main reason for the lawsuit.

• Keeping the Quark IP out of the hands of IH was the main reason for the lawsuit.

So are you saying that Rossi's devices work (I am not of that conclusion), that he signed an agreement with IH to sale the IP and then constructed a law suit to con them out of what he knew was working for his own gain? Doesn't seem trustworthy to me.

• I for one have no desire to try to protect science from loonies. Science has survived whackjobs forever and will continue to do so regardless of how much gibberish the Axils of the world generate.

Serious LENR advocates have only fairly recently started to see the destructive influence Rossi has had on the reputation of their field. There is no need for evil plasma physicists and oil barons to portray the LENR community as a pack of nutcases. Rossi’s remaining and oh-so-vocal supporters are doing that in spades.

Nope, my engaging with the Rossifarians in strictly the somewhat impolite poking of them to expose just how deranged they are. And the results are increasingly spectacular.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.