Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• Official Post

IMO, in general terms, I agree with Para/IHFB that Doral did become accepted by all parties as "The Test", and that if successful would trigger the final $89 million payment. Even though the agreement was not signed by Cassarino, it was not done with a "6 cylinder", and the "Term Sheet" described Doral as a commercial lease arrangement with a legitimate chemical company, it nonetheless, somehow, became known as The Test.

There is no doubt however, that once the Term Sheet was signed, Rossi proceeded to turn Doral into a sting operation, with a fake company, fake employee, fake product, and fake needs. In order to carry out the scam, he played the role of both customer and provider to IH, Cassarino, Woodford, and we the public via his JONP. The facts that came to light in the court records also leave no doubt that "The Plant" produced no where near 1MW thermal as Rossi claimed.

• Official Post

I have often pointed out that although the Doral plant was rated to produce 1MW, there was no condition I found in the documentation that said it should do so continuously- or in fact at any time during the test, Unless somebody can point me to a contractual clause that says this was the case, I will continue to believe that the only requirement of the test was the demonstration of a sustained production of anomalous heat.

• Yes, stefan; see this thread. The testing Alan Fletcher and IH Fanboy collaborated on has shown that in the case of the ProMinent pump they acquired, the rate seen in testing has to my knowledge reached a maximum rate of 42.3 L/hr. That's clearly somewhat short of the 70 L/hr or so that has been mentioned, but the testing is not yet done.

I must say I stood back in wonder and confusion while all that was going on. To make such a meal of a relatively simple testing project....

• The long, long list of Rossi's bald-faced lies, contradictions and utter nonsense over the years is not important. We should still be very positive about him because apparently Steven Krivit is not fluent in Italian. Yay!!

Well, if that is what gets your juices flowing, why not?

• Official Post

That is not what the (agreed upon by both parties) Expert Responsible for Validation Ing Fabio Penon ( Nuclear Engineer) for 1 MW E-Cat stated in his report. An this is what it was all about.

Siffer,

Yes, the "Guaranteed Performance Test (GPT)" agreement, set a minimum COP of 6 to be considered successful, and trigger the final $89 million payment. Penon makes it a point to say in his final report you link to, that the "minimum COP6" (average 80) was achieved at Doral. Very crafty of him.

However, the Term Sheet where IH/Rossi agreed to Doral, clearly mentions that 1MW thermal will be "sold" to the chemical company, and if it delivers less than 1MW, the bill would be reduced accordingly. Clearly, legally, the GPT was never satisfied for the reasons I mentioned in my earlier post. Yet, as I said, it somehow became accepted by all players that Doral was to become an informal substitute. So the conditions set in the Term Sheet would have to be met in order for IH to pay the $89 million. No 1MW, no deal.

Of course, as we know now, the Doral test was so corrupted by Rossi as to be totally worthless...whether that be scientifically, to meet the requirements of a GPT, or the Term Sheet.

• I have often pointed out that although the Doral plant was rated to produce 1MW, there was no condition I found in the documentation that said it should do so continuously- or in fact at any time during the test, Unless somebody can point me to a contractual clause that says this was the case, I will continue to believe that the only requirement of the test was the demonstration of a sustained production of anomalous heat.

agreed It was about a sustained production at a specified COP. (also often overlooked, starting the test within a deadline) However, I was and am still uncertain about if the sustained test was for a specific device or an array of devices. It seems to me that the intent was that at least one specific heater had to sustain the heat for the time not swapping things in and out or refueling.

It reminds me of the old story of the guy who had the axe that George Washington used to cut down the cherry tree- it just had been repaired with 5 new blades and 7 new handles.

That is to say did any one of the "cylinders" ever last the required time?

Non parlo italiano

• Mats Lewan is a Rossi acolyte who has learned absolutely nothing about the scientific method and proper experimental procedures in the last seven years. All he has ever done is to parrot the drivel Rossi feeds him. He is the person most responsible for the unconscionable waste of resources om Rossi since 2011. If he had ever had the intelligence and backbone to demand that Rossi run proper calibrations of the measurement system and have input power supplies and metering provided by people other than Rossi, the whole scam would have never been possible. So I don't care in the least what Mats Lewan thinks.

I know how you love to character assassinate, but I can assure you that everything you think about Mats Lewan is counterfactual.

• IH Fanboy

So, if I understand your brilliant riposte in defense of Lewan, there was no need for him to demand that Rossi insure proper measurement of input and output power. It was fine to just let the maestro of baloney carry on as he chose. And Rossi quotes are, for you, facts. I see how it works now.

• Official Post

OG,

In the original agreement, the GPT was to be done with the 1MW "the plant". It had to perform at a minimum COP6, for 356 days out of 400. When...for whatever reason, the GPT never happened in the designated time period, they wrote another GPT agreement, that Ampenergo (Cassarino) refused to sign, invalidating it. It had called for the "6 cylinder" to be used for the GPT.

• Yes, the "Guaranteed Performance Test (GPT)" agreement, set a minimum COP of 6 to be considered successful, and trigger the final $89 million payment. Penon makes it a point to say in his final report you link to, that the "minimum COP6" (average 80) was achieved at Doral. Very crafty of him.

Absolutely, and that was all there was to it.

The rest is IH trying to wriggle themselves out of the deal by inventing unproven fraud scenarios in a conspiratorial counter claim. Do you actually believe that crap? This was of course dropped because it was totally unsubstantial.

What they also tried to do was to use technicalities like missing signatures etc. Reactor construction etc..

Not that complicated really. Rossi left with the license and the IP. He should have had the 89M+ as well, but made the rational decision to drop it and go on, since it would probably be too hard and expensive to squeeze it out of IH, them filing for chapter 11 etc.

• Official Post

Siffer,

Oh my...you are taking my post out of context! :) You could have copied the whole thing you know?

Anyway's, after revisiting some of the case documents, I can see why Rossi chose IH. They really went into this unprepared. Or actually, I think they knew Rossi's nature, and thought putting up $11 million was worth the risk. Keep in mind that Rossi had had suitors before. Boeing, NASA, NI, the Italian energy company which name I forget, and Lewan even claims that Elon Musk was interested, yet Rossi snubbed them all for Cherokee (IH).

Looking at the original contract, and IH's handling of the "Validation Test (VT)" in Bolgna, there is simply no way a real energy company would make such amateur mistakes. Rossi would have been vetted in 1 day, and they either would have kicked his ass out the door, or if he had something, we would have that new energy world today, and Rossi would be filthy rich and a hero.

• Somehow it is not entertaining anymore and simply waste of time to read these endless BS arguments from the Rossi hardliners. Not a single hard fact seems to count for them - it is just: their hero is always right and his enemies and competitors want to destroy him...

So maybe we all should stop to argue and wait for the show ("Popcorn").

I am sure there will be again plenty of content and details to analyze after the Nov. 24 DPS, as it was with the Doral fake, and the other Rossi "demonstrations" in the past years, which never ever resulted in the promised product. Or was there one, that I and the rest of the world may have missed?

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.