Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• Somehow it is not entertaining anymore and simply waste of time to read these endless BS arguments from the Rossi hardliners. Not a single hard fact seems to count for them - it is just: their hero is always right and his enemies and competitors want to destroy him...

So maybe we all should stop to argue and wait for the show ("Popcorn").

I am sure there will be again plenty of content and details to analyze after the Nov. 24 DPS, as it was with the Doral fake, and the other Rossi "demonstrations" in the past years, which never ever resulted in the promised product. Or was there one, that I and the rest of the world may have missed?

I think they knew Rossi's nature, and thought putting up $11 million was worth the risk.

Which was complete idiocy, and gross negligence and incompetence. It would have taken a few weeks and certainly under $100K to get a proper test of ONE MODULE of the moronic collection of junk Rossi called a "megawatt plant." Of course, Rossi would never have agreed to a good test performed by competent people so that would have ended it without any money being spent by IH at all beyond the small amount required to write a few letters and specs for Rossi. This dumb error was compounded when Woodford gave IH money, in part because of the Rossi connection, ALSO without a single proper test of the claimed "technology." And folks, Darden and Woodford are captains of industry, right? Geniuses, no? Uh.... no.

• It is hard to Guarantee the Performance of a machine that was reported to consume more electricity than the electrical utility supplied to it. Or that the same person doing the output measurements reports 25 % more power delivered to himself than he reported it produced. Not merely for minutes or hours, but for several consecutive days at a time. Weeks even.

• This is so Rossi-ish that it is Rossiesque! From http://e-catworld.com/2017/11/…ia-to-e-cat-presentation/

From the same source:

• THH, your thinking is narrow and quite constrained. Do you not suppose that Rossi and his team have measured the device in every which way? Why wouldn't they?

IHFB, don't you think it is in fact your thinking that is constrained in this matter?

Rossi is on record as saying that measurements normal people would unfailing do (like controls) are not necessary. And he is on record as being a very cavalier measurer - for example bringing a non-working device to Hydrofusion which measured working only one (highly constrained) Rossi way, with the correct (incorrect) meters.

You assume here, against the prevailing evidence:

(1) That Rossi measures his stuff every which way

(2) that his "team" has independent technical competence over the measurement of Rossi's devices. Given the number of null devices claimed by Rossi and team to be working, that seems unlikely.

Just open your mind to the possibility that Rossi as mendacious as the court documents indicate, and that his lack of integrity includes duff measurements. you don't need much imagination for this, since we have, extraordinarily, a record of such duff measurements.

• Svein Henrik
    November 13, 2017 at 3:58 PM

Dear Andrea

With no answer to 1, does this mean you now have found a theoretical explanation how this heat occurs, and by this the heat may no longer be regarded as anomalous?

Will such a theory be presented at the demo?

Best regards Svein Henrik

--------------------------------------------------------

Andrea Rossi
    November 13, 2017 at 1:08 PM

Svein Heinrik:

yes

Warm Regards,

A.R.

• Time has already told. Starting with Petroldragon and TE devices and again and again since then, consistently failing each and every time for what now? 20 years? 30? You seriously expect this time to be different?

Rossi is on record as saying that measurements normal people would unfailing do (like controls) are not necessary.

Yup. Something the hapless and extremely gullible Lewan has never deigned to mention.

• Time has already told. Starting with Petroldragon and TE devices and again and again since then, consistently failing each and every time for what now? 20 years? 30? You seriously expect this time to be different?

Yup. Something the hapless and extremely gullible Lewan has never deigned to mention.

MY, you and I don't see eye to eye do we? I view Rossi as having boundless entrepreneurial and industrial ambition. Where you see fraud, I see a man who attempted to revolutionize the waste->energy industry (and indeed he was a forerunner of that technology). Having researched this a little, I see political machinations and grudges at play, where his main pursuer in Italy has now been convicted for fraud. Where you see deception in the TE devices, I see a government grant that did not pay off, as many do not. The U.S. government never leveled any fraud charges, and indeed did not level any charges at all in that case. Rossi is a man who is not afraid to try things and stumble. Does he sometimes bend the truth and means to justify his ends? Clearly so. Does that mean that he is ill-intentioned and out to con you and the world? In my estimation, no.

Oh. But this time it will be really easy. We'll take the QX, feed it with a couple of Watts and then you will of course voluntarily put your finger on it.... And ... we will have a result that can be measured by both sound and color. :)

• And - did you study it?

Yes. I thought the conclusions were sound.

I doubt you have seen the final report before and so spent less than 30 seconds/page. With this deep study what gross errors did you come up with?

In general I believe the word of an independent expert responsible for validation over the biased opinion from one of the parties or an anonymous blogger.

• In general I believe the word of an independent expert responsible for validation over the biased opinion from one of the parties or an anonymous blogger.

Adrian, you've had a relatively high-flying engineering career, so I reckon a chap like you could handle a similar contract as that given to the so-called 'ERV'.

Let's face it: measuring steam enthalpy in a pipe isn't that difficult... So how would you have done it, if you were on the job?

• Let's face it: measuring steam enthalpy in a pipe isn't that difficult... So how would you have done it, if you were on the job?

I might have done things a little differently, but without engineering drawings or actually seeing the site I don't know what. Seems to me any errors by Penon were not enough to falsify the final conclusion that the COP >6, required to pass the test.

• Why would there be [a heat exchanger in the schematics]? Penon's jurisdiction did not extend to where that was.

There should have been one because without it, the claims are impossible. The reactor would have killed everyone if the claims were true.

A heat exchanger was thus an essential part of the calorimetry. The heat exchanger was not in the schematic because it did not exist. Rossi acknowledged that an exchanger was necessary for the claims to be true. He acknowledged this when he lied about having an exchanger in the mezzanine. There was no such thing. It did not show up in photos, and people who went to the mezzanine saw no trace of it. (See the Smith reports below.) It was one of Rossi's many, many outrageous lies.

Yes. I thought the conclusions were sound.

Then, as I said before, you are grossly incompetent. You are incapable of understanding junior high school level physics described by Smith in his two reports.

http://coldfusioncommunity.net…/01/0194.01_Exhibit-1.pdf

http://coldfusioncommunity.net…7/01/252-05-Exhibit-E.pdf

These reports show that the conclusions in the Penon report are completely beyond the pale. No one with any knowledge of elementary physics or heat would believe this report were he not in thrall of Rossi, and blind to Rossi's lies.

• From the first PDF expert report Jed Rothwell supplied:

The huge and unverified assumption built into this equation is that the flow out of the ECat
    is 100% quality steam. This equation, while technically correct, is not valid if the system is
    flowing water not steam. Again, there is absolutely no way of knowing exactly what is exiting
    the E-Cat.

Oh, how funny! I missed this before. Same lame trick Rossi pulled on his 2011 visitors where the tube for the exhaust of steam was stuck in a hole in the wall (really!) or in a bucket and Rossi tweaked the heaters by hand when he wanted the water in the ecat to make noise and more steam to come out. That was shown in the classic deer in the headlights video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?…er_embedded&v=uviXoafHWrU

And the second expert said essentially the same thing. But can you imagine explaining those reports or their contents to a lay jury? What a nightmare that would be. No wonder IH decided to settle as long as they could pay Rossi nothing and return his proven worthless so-called IP.

It is the author’s opinion that the water flow numbers found in Mr. Penon’s report were not generated
    by condensate returning from the black box. The alleged steam and condensate system was in reality
    a hot water flow circuit using the Grundfos pump to circulate the water through the piping and the
    water meter. Because of this, any “steam” flow numbers in the Penon report are fictitious and the
    whole report must be invalidated.

• I might have done things a little differently, but without engineering drawings or actually seeing the site I don't know what. Seems to me any errors by Penon were not enough to falsify the final conclusion that the COP >6, required to pass the test.

What nonsense... Its steam, flowing through a pipe! How would you measure that? Simple question.

• And the second expert said essentially the same thing.

The second report is by the same guy, Smith. Maybe you mean the Murray report?

The second report repeats some of the points from the first report, with additional detail, plus it has new information.

But can you imagine explaining those reports or their contents to a lay jury? What a nightmare that would be. No wonder IH decided to settle as long as they could pay Rossi nothing and return his proven worthless so-called IP.

Yes. I read Rossi's lawyer's opening statement at Abd's site. It made my blood run cold. I thought "this might fool an uneducated jury." If I were I.H., I too would have agreed to call off the trial. It is a shame Rossi did not get his comeuppance but even if I.H. had won I doubt Rossi would have paid.

(Abd's link to the "Opening Statements" does not work.)

• And why the heck was the pulse sending unit, (standard on the type of type of water meter specified in the test protocol), not used? It pulses once every 100 L in the standard configuration. This would be a simple cross-check of the reported 36000 L (nominal) flow per day, as well as simplifying the identification of down times. A pulse every 4 minutes on the good days, on average.

• @MY

"Same lame trick Rossi pulled on his 2011 visitors where the tube for the exhaust of steam was stuck in a hole in the wall (really!) and Rossi tweaked the heaters by hand when he wanted the water in the ecat to make noise and more steam to come out."

Let's wait for the DEMO and what it will show (or not show)

(btw: Rossi calls it also "test" sometimes on JONP, but who cares....)

The videos taken by S. Krivit and the other one by M. Lewan are very special, 'cause you can see Rossi and his "tech" acting.

On the other hand, there are only posts in fora and insulting, ranting and desinformation.

From these two videos, everybody with a basic education in electric/electronics and HVAC, can make his own mind up.

The "pacemaker"-docs are also interesting, but the videos give a real good impression -> the master in action.

So, I'm eager to see him again, in the DPS :-)

Show must go on ...

The second report is by the same guy, Smith. Maybe you mean the Murray report?

Thanks.

It is a shame Rossi did not get his comeuppance but even if I.H. had won I doubt Rossi would have paid.

I believe you can take property if a civil judgement goes unpaid. For example, the only thing O. J. Simpson can profit from these days is his NFL pension because pension (and maybe a few other things, are our transient attorneys around?) are exempt. I am pretty sure Rossi's income producing or investment condos would be fair game to seize. I don't know about whether his residence would be subject to seizure.

• Actually so. Sagan coined that particular phrase. As I said in the paragraph I wrote, Laplace expressed a different formulation which I agree with.

So according to your logic, if I make the following statement: "You should treat others the way you'd like to be treated.", I am being original and unique and I can claim the statement as my own...

ROFL

P.S. I call it the "Palladium Rule"