Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

I think they knew Rossi's nature, and thought putting up $11 million was worth the risk.

Which was complete idiocy, and gross negligence and incompetence. It would have taken a few weeks and certainly under $100K to get a proper test of ONE MODULE of the moronic collection of junk Rossi called a "megawatt plant." Of course, Rossi would never have agreed to a good test performed by competent people so that would have ended it without any money being spent by IH at all beyond the small amount required to write a few letters and specs for Rossi. This dumb error was compounded when Woodford gave IH money, in part because of the Rossi connection, ALSO without a single proper test of the claimed "technology." And folks, Darden and Woodford are captains of industry, right? Geniuses, no? Uh.... no.

• It is hard to Guarantee the Performance of a machine that was reported to consume more electricity than the electrical utility supplied to it. Or that the same person doing the output measurements reports 25 % more power delivered to himself than he reported it produced. Not merely for minutes or hours, but for several consecutive days at a time. Weeks even.

• This is so Rossi-ish that it is Rossiesque! From http://e-catworld.com/2017/11/…ia-to-e-cat-presentation/

From the same source:

• THH, your thinking is narrow and quite constrained. Do you not suppose that Rossi and his team have measured the device in every which way? Why wouldn't they?

IHFB, don't you think it is in fact your thinking that is constrained in this matter?

Rossi is on record as saying that measurements normal people would unfailing do (like controls) are not necessary. And he is on record as being a very cavalier measurer - for example bringing a non-working device to Hydrofusion which measured working only one (highly constrained) Rossi way, with the correct (incorrect) meters.

You assume here, against the prevailing evidence:

(1) That Rossi measures his stuff every which way

(2) that his "team" has independent technical competence over the measurement of Rossi's devices. Given the number of null devices claimed by Rossi and team to be working, that seems unlikely.

Just open your mind to the possibility that Rossi as mendacious as the court documents indicate, and that his lack of integrity includes duff measurements. you don't need much imagination for this, since we have, extraordinarily, a record of such duff measurements.

• Time has already told. Starting with Petroldragon and TE devices and again and again since then, consistently failing each and every time for what now? 20 years? 30? You seriously expect this time to be different?

Rossi is on record as saying that measurements normal people would unfailing do (like controls) are not necessary.

Yup. Something the hapless and extremely gullible Lewan has never deigned to mention.

• Time has already told. Starting with Petroldragon and TE devices and again and again since then, consistently failing each and every time for what now? 20 years? 30? You seriously expect this time to be different?

Yup. Something the hapless and extremely gullible Lewan has never deigned to mention.

MY, you and I don't see eye to eye do we? I view Rossi as having boundless entrepreneurial and industrial ambition. Where you see fraud, I see a man who attempted to revolutionize the waste->energy industry (and indeed he was a forerunner of that technology). Having researched this a little, I see political machinations and grudges at play, where his main pursuer in Italy has now been convicted for fraud. Where you see deception in the TE devices, I see a government grant that did not pay off, as many do not. The U.S. government never leveled any fraud charges, and indeed did not level any charges at all in that case. Rossi is a man who is not afraid to try things and stumble. Does he sometimes bend the truth and means to justify his ends? Clearly so. Does that mean that he is ill-intentioned and out to con you and the world? In my estimation, no.

Oh. But this time it will be really easy. We'll take the QX, feed it with a couple of Watts and then you will of course voluntarily put your finger on it.... And ... we will have a result that can be measured by both sound and color. :)

• And - did you study it?

Yes. I thought the conclusions were sound.

I doubt you have seen the final report before and so spent less than 30 seconds/page. With this deep study what gross errors did you come up with?

In general I believe the word of an independent expert responsible for validation over the biased opinion from one of the parties or an anonymous blogger.

• In general I believe the word of an independent expert responsible for validation over the biased opinion from one of the parties or an anonymous blogger.

Adrian, you've had a relatively high-flying engineering career, so I reckon a chap like you could handle a similar contract as that given to the so-called 'ERV'.

Let's face it: measuring steam enthalpy in a pipe isn't that difficult... So how would you have done it, if you were on the job?

• Let's face it: measuring steam enthalpy in a pipe isn't that difficult... So how would you have done it, if you were on the job?

I might have done things a little differently, but without engineering drawings or actually seeing the site I don't know what. Seems to me any errors by Penon were not enough to falsify the final conclusion that the COP >6, required to pass the test.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.