Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• @Shane,

You're my man. I don't care if you guys think I'm wrong. But I do happen to take offense if you don't think I'm sincere or honest. I've publicly retracted on several occasions if someone provided evidence that I was wrong. For the most part, I back my assertions with hard evidence, most of which has been disclosed in a court proceeding and is now part of the public record for all to see.

Someday I do hope we have a chance to meet over lunch and have a good laugh together.

• Hi Adrian. Care to answer Woodworker's or Bob's questions?

No. As I have said they have been answered already and I have no desire to rehash it all at length with someone as biased as Bob.

I will be interested to see how you will explain away your previous certainty that Rossi has nothing and is a fraud, if the Nov 24th test is successful.

• There will be no test. The QX has reached Sigma 5, and so is beyond testing. It is a Fact.

There will be a demonstration of the undeniable power of the QX, and probably some snacks.

I already knew you were one of those who can't be persuaded by any experiment. but confirm Rossi's forecast that only sales of commercial units will change your mind.

• I already knew you were one of those who can't be persuaded by any experiment. but confirm Rossi's forecast that only sales of commercial units will change your mind.

Nice job at Poisoning the Well...

Rossi has already made a commercial sale (IH), and the result was a catastrophe.

Rossi forecast that the customers would be his best promotion. The last customer (not including himself) was IH, and if their response was the best promotion, what might one consider to be ordinary, or the worst?

• Re IHFB and honesty.

In the past I've had the same view as Eric, that IHFB's posts are dishonest. But, I also agree with Shane, that IHFB here is both honest and smart.

Specifically, IHFB processes all details like a terrier and answers all questions. The most common lack of honesty here shows itself by ignoring part of the argument, IHFB does not do this.

However, I also think that IHFB's posts are so misleading as to seem dishonest to any casual informed observer. I'm not a mind reader but would be inclined to reckon IHFB honest in his belief of the contents of his posts, even though they are so dishonest.

Here is a good example. Woodworker here has given a typical external view of what the Court case evidence shows. I do not believe he is in any way biassed, nor does he have any axe to grind re LENR, or any view as to whether LENR is likely or unlikely other than the commonsense idea that it cannot yet exist in a usable form or it would be big news. His view of matters is based on the legal evidence and independent of the science. That makes him less biassed because a lot of people here (including me) have strong views about the science.

He reckons this evidence shows (I guess he will correct me if I get this summary wrong: it is complex enough that I may do this):

(1) Rossi behaved fraudulently towards IH with a fake Doral customer (or else lied on oath) and test conditions allowing deceptive results (data loss, IH not allowed to inspect customer side, Penon not willing to answer questions from IH engineers).

(2) The legal evidence, because so complex with both sides accusing the other, would likely split the baby on a Jury Trial

(3) The settlement therefore (which split the baby) was expected

(4) Rossi's fraudulent behaviour is expected if he has nothing, and unexpected if his stuff actually works

IHFB views this same evidence and his judgement is different. He says the Doral test was a ruse, and does not waver in his view that Rossi most likely has working product. viewing Rossi's behaviour towards IH as shown by the Court evidence as a ruse in this way is necessary if you look at all the evidence (as IHFB does) and have to fit it into a "Rossi's stuff works, or at least could very likley work" scenario. But given the centrality and weight of Rossi's deception it is not a natural interpretation, and IMHO only possible if you start with and assumption that for some other reason Rossi's stuff probably works.

IHFB's dishonesty, and honestly, come from this perspective where he processes all this information with a very strong prior bias towards Rossi's stuff working.

regards, THH

• Rossi has already made a commercial sale (IH), and the result was a catastrophe.

That was a single prototype - not saleS of commercial unitS.

I never poisoned the well, I gave you and Eric another year or two to play with before you have to start backpedaling. (I think it will be 1 - 2 years before the automated factory is up & running.)

• Nice job at Poisoning the Well...

Rossi has already made a commercial sale (IH), and the result was a catastrophe.

Rossi forecast that the customers would be his best promotion. The last customer (not including himself) was IH, and if their response was the best promotion, what might one consider to be ordinary, or the worst?

Worth remembering that Rossi has had his pick of customers.

The one before IH (Hydrofusion) was also a disaster.

• Mats and Hydrofusion say Rossi came to them with a device for a test that did not work. If it had worked they would have invested.
    • Rossi told Mats and Hydrofusion that the device did work, they were measuring it wrong, Rossi's measurements, which showed it working, were correct.
    • Rossi told IH that the test was failed on purpose, he deceived Hydrofusion to get out of any commitment to them
  • That was a single prototype - not saleS of commercial unitS.

I never poisoned the well, I gave you and Eric another year or two to play with before you have to start backpedaling. (I think it will be 1 - 2 years before the automated factory is up & running.)

Yes AA. Though single is not quite the right word when it consisted of 24 units and had redundancy so any ones not working could be swapped out.

But, as I noted above, Rossi has had several chances to deliver prototypes that work and this has never gone well for him. You may feel it is easier to get production units working reliably, than to get single prototypes that successfully work. I, and most engineers, would disagree. Rossi's great success has been to organise prototype tests, conducted by friends with his involvement, that are billed as independent and give positive results.

Worse yet, Rossi had distributors for years who, according to Rossi, could specify and sell megawatt plants. So what happened when they tried?

Rossi licensee and distributor Proia wrote:

in one year and a half of work we found many customers seriously interested in buying the E-Cat, nominally already on the market, and we presented pre-orders and requests for demonstrations to both EFA and Mr Rossi, but we never had any kind of cooperation, we never received the purchasing contracts and it had never been possible to organize e demonstration. As far as we know, also other licensees had customers interested in installing an E-Cat® and they faced similar problems.

A few weeks later, in the month of December, we received a formal letter from EFA saying that our license contract was canceled because “we didn’t get enough orders, like it was written in the license contract”!! Obviously this was ridiculous and it was the final confirmation, if still needed, that it would have been impossible to see a working E-Cat®, probably for a long while.

Regarding the superior price offered, Rossi’s words suggest that we had good profits from the buy-back, while clearly the opposite is true.

Rossi is a thoroughgoing crook. He cheats everyone he deals with. Aldo Proia was honest and had good intentions and see what it got him. How soon we forget the facts, hey, Adrian and IH Fanboy?

Read and weep: http://e-catworld.com/2014/11/…es-e-cat-licensee-status/

(from that bible, e-catworld.com)

• That was a single prototype - not saleS of commercial unitS.

Your first sentence of your earlier comment, "I already knew you were one of those...", was the poisoning of the well part.

Rossi has been claiming 1MW plants being sold to the market since at least 2012. IH took him up on it.

• Here is a good example. Woodworker here has given a typical external view of what the Court case evidence shows. I do not believe he is in any way biassed, nor does he have any axe to grind re LENR,

Oh yes? Consider the way he misquoted me to put Rossi in the worst possible light. It's what lawyers do to make their point.

He reckons this evidence shows (I guess he will correct me if I get this summary wrong: it is complex enough that I may do this):

If both of you looked a glass half full, you would say it was 1/4 full and IHFB would say it was 5/8 full.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.