Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• @Adrian Ashfield

These things, the development of a new technology and building a factory, always take longer than people expect.

Rossi has being making the same claims for six years. Not long enough? And NOBODY has EVER seen any sign of a factory of ANY sort from Rossi. So where is this robotic wonder under construction? Who is building it? When will it be completed? Don't ask Rossi. He won't tell you

Up until recently he has not been able to solve the control problem

I keep reading this canard from believers. How in the world do you know? Certainly Rossi has never come out and said he has a control problem he can't solve. Hell, none of his silly hot cats even had forced/controlled cooling! How hard would that be? Control problem and energy extraction problem solved in one swoop. Anyway, what evidence is there for a control problem?

axil

There are at least three LENR developers who have duplicated the Rossi fuel prep method. From these people ...

So who are these future billionaires, Axil? And why exactly do you believe their claims? And how does one duplicate something which is both unknown and from all available evidence, not working?

• Bruce H.

My memory is fading, but I thought there were 108 of the little units in the other 1MW shipping container? Fabiani said they were fired up the first day, shut down, and never used again. Also, it's always been a little confusing as to what IH built. They did put together the Lugano HT for sure though.

You have some quotes maybe? Hate for newcomers to the Rossi story, to walk away from LF thinking something that may not be correct. Especially so now, with heightened awareness due to that Press Release.

The 108 units did not work and the tiger replacements were not ready for the market because of material breakdown issues. The QX was engineered to overcome the material breakdown and control issues.

Rossi used the Doral test to run a quality test on his reactor designs and that test failed. Rossi had to repair those low temperature reactors far too much for them to be used as a sucessful basis for a commercial product.

Rossi used the Doral test to run a quality test on his reactor designs and that test failed.

Let me fix that for you. Rossi used the Doral "test" to lie, cheat and bamboozle millions out of IH with what, IMO, amounts to extortion (the failed law suit). Perhaps not legally or technically extortion, but it worked the same way.

The 108 units did not work

Of course not, nothing Rossi has ever made worked. But you should not be saying that. It is not consistent. The 108 "units" were just a rehash of the original steam producing ecats. If the originals worked, those would have worked. Of course, some of us know about the testing of the originals.

• Somehow, I don’t think some people here appreciate the significance of a device that outputs more energy than it takes to run it (and claims to only consume small amounts of fuel over some extended period of time.) Such a thing has no need for automated factories, robotics, and other cost-cutting measures. If you can reliably build such a thing, you can pretty much name your price and the line of people willing to pay will be very long indeed.

I would genuinely like to hear the arguments for why this is not obviously true. Please explain why an essentially unlimited source of energy has to be made cheaply.

There is the prospect for many competing LENR products to be introduced into the market that will be in competition with Rossi's product. The architecture of the QX is designed to be superior to those of his competitors. The qualities that will make Rossi's product stand out ahead of the competition is mean time between failure, modularity, controllability, ability to be successfully used in many energy applications like autos and jet engines, and durability.

• Bruce H.

My memory is fading, but I thought there were 108 of the little units in the other 1MW shipping container? Fabiani said they were fired up the first day, shut down, and never used again. Also, it's always been a little confusing as to what IH built. They did put together the Lugano HT for sure though.

You have some quotes maybe? Hate for newcomers to the Rossi story, to walk away from LF thinking something that may not be correct. Especially so now, with heightened awareness due to that Press Release.

THHuxleynew wrote:
    "Yes AA. Though single is not quite the right word when it consisted of 24 units and had redundancy so any ones not working could be swapped out."

AA wrote: "There were far more than 24 units but only the four new, larger ones were used.

Since when does a plant have to have only one unit?"

Then Bruce__H wrote there were a lot more units than THN said and gave other details I had not seen that require references to check.

• Somehow, I don’t think some people here appreciate the significance of a device that outputs more energy than it takes to run it (and claims to only consume small amounts of fuel over some extended period of time.) Such a thing has no need for automated factories, robotics, and other cost-cutting measures. If you can reliably build such a thing, you can pretty much name your price and the line of people willing to pay will be very long indeed.

I would genuinely like to hear the arguments for why this is not obviously true. Please explain why an essentially unlimited source of energy has to be made cheaply.

Few would believe it judging form the writers here. Remember it takes the sale of working commercial reactors to prove it to them. Hot fusion scientists would swear it was fake.

The E-Cat QX is so small it would cost little to build an automated factory to make them and really stupid to sell it to a third party.

• [ Axil? And why exactly do you believe their claims? And how does one duplicate something which is both unknown and from all available evidence, not working?

I have seen the micrographs of the SEM's that reveal the LENR reaction in process and the transmutation and particle tracks that the fuel produces.

• I do not know how many times we have to say this for you to finally acknowledge it, but the "naysayer crew" would be very happy were Rossi to have something. If that turns out to be the case, IH becomes friendly fire casualty, and I personally will switch from attack mode, to rewriting his image from conman, to eccentric genius.

I believe you because I have a pretty good sense for your class and ability to adjust to newly revealed facts. I doubt, however, that the MYs of the world will come along with you. I simply cannot imagine MY admitting that he/she was wrong and getting behind the LENR movement. There will be some who put up the fight until their dying day. It will shift from: 1) no it doesn't exist you deluded idiots, to 2) it is unsafe and should not be disseminated, to 3) okay it might be safe, but this will drive growth too quickly and damage world ecosystems, to 4) this should have never happened and should be stopped because the solar system is now at risk of being polluted by humans, to 5) we have no right whatsoever to impinge on another star system: let it be and let them be.

• I believe you because I have a pretty good sense for your class and honesty. I doubt, however, that the MYs of the world will come along with you. I simply cannot imagine MY admitting that he/she was wrong and getting behind the LENR movement.

MY has a pathological hate of Rossi that cannot be rectified. It would be interesting to find out how this condition developed.

• By particle tracks, are you referring to the dendrites?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I am interested on why different people, who are smart, can look at this and see such polarized conclusions,

I don't think it is smart to get so dogmatic on sketchy evidence. But worse are the gratuitous insults and ad hominems so many indulge in here.

• I think these. Fun with tachyons

Lion is adding a cloud chamber to his research tools. Lion states in a message to me as follows:

The Cloud Chamber offers the possibility of directly engaging the ATTENTION of Particle Physicists and thus main stream Science because it is dynamic and shows what is happening in real time, is highly respected and rather well understood.

However Snapshots, ( frozen in time ) such as that revealed by BOB'S careful work also tell a most revealing story. To his credit, he is proceeding with caution and diligence. We are both hopeful that more tracks will be found. Hopefully careful application will bear fruit.

• “IF”,

Rossi truly has a product/process that produces more Energy Out > Energy In

Then the entire world, (including me), rejoices in a new world, unparalleled opportunities,

However, and there is always a however axil

You, Adrian, IHFB, Warthog, bachcole et al,

Know the odds of that happening are -1^1/2

But not to worry, for your entertainment this charade of Rossi’s Is going to linger for many many moons, allowing you all to continue to think up excuses for his continual demos, tests, robitized factories,

imaginary customers, fake data etc.

LENR may in fact be real, I hope to see it my lifetime, but Andrea Rossi? Sorry, not gonna happen.

is not the guy to deliver it

• I have seen the micrographs of the SEM's that reveal the LENR reaction in process and the transmutation and particle tracks that the fuel produces.

Axil, I normally do not comment on your assertions, let me just suggest a modification of this that would allow others to be more interested in what you say:

I have seen the some micrographs of the SEM's that in my opinion reveal the LENR reaction in process and the transmutation and particle tracks that the fuel produces. Anyone interested can find them in XXX figures X, Z, W.

There could then follow some discussion about how your opinion was formed, and others could agree or disagree.

Otherwise your statement is one of pure faith, where adherents of the cult will agree with you and others if tactful will stay away on the grounds that arguing religion on the internet is futile.

• Yes, he got his investment in the ECat back, plus 10%, and still feels he has lost a great opportunity.

Alan,

Do you have confirmed proof of this other than "Rossi says"? I know Ross said that, but then he tells lies all the time.

It has been a while, but I am fairly certain that Prioa publicly stated they lost significant money in the Rossi deal. I do not believe he stated his firm received 10% in addition back, but I am pretty certain that he stated with all the time, effort, travel, negotiations etc. that 10% would not even be close to covering thier costs.

This is what puzzles me about you Alan. You clearly just made clear statement of support for Rossi, even though the action being discussed was quite damning to Rossi. There is NO doubt that Proia had customers but Rossi could not deliver. Why are you supporting this? This is beyond me?

Do not deny that you are not a Rossi supporter. I have seen several posts that generally defend Rossi or at least try to cast shadow on some statement that puts Rossi in a bad light. Yet, like IHFB, you never call Rossi out on his multitude of sins. IHFB may even state that Rossi did a little bad, but is was certainly justified and he could see why he did it. You however, do not even do that! To my knowledge, you have never called Rossi to the floor on anything. But occasionally throw out a snippet of support!

You have just placed your stamp of approval on Rossi's subvertive action to his licensee's by your response! You did not state that Prioa had lost money... but "Yes, he got his investment in the ECat back, plus 10%, and still feels he has lost a great opportunity."

I would ask you to give him a call and see what he truly thinks about Rossi and the eCat! Do you REALLY thin Prioa would invest more money into Rossi right now? Really? This is IHFB type of thinking!

You have stated you "believe Rossi" because very smart people you know have told you they have seen things and you put stock in their judgement. You also do not seem to be a particularly religious man. I bet you know very smart people who are very religious. Based upon your logic with Rossi, you should be finding religion soon! ;) For if "smart people's reasoning" is enough for you to base your faith in Rossi, surely "smart people's reasoning" then must also lead you into religion! :/

Or perhaps you have a bit of IHFB in you. The majority of intelligent people here are very skeptical of Rossi. Do you simply like to play the "under dog's" advocate?

Very strange indeed. Your Rossi support is quite puzzling from someone who seems to have a grasp on good experiment techniques, proper measurement techniques and over all logic. But the, who knows?

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.