Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• Except the people that took the window photo for the Smith report were actually there, in person. They were not easily fooled by that peculiar transparency effect sometimes exhibited by windows.

We were never made privy to any deposition questions directed to the IH team regarding the windows, which always struck me as strange. I wondered why everybody who ever visited the Doral plant was not asked about what they heard, saw, and observed from the front of the building. Nada. The questions may have been asked and answered, but if so, NEITHER side revealed those to us during the briefing phase. What I do know is that the picture included in Smith's report had big red arrows pointing to all kinds of things leading the viewer away from the obvious two missing panes.

• Nothing was discussed about the conditions in the bathroom, or how clean was the kitchen area. Probably both places had additional 1MW reactors being stored in them.

The back door was also made of paper. It just looks like a normal door due to the view angles. If someone had an image of the edge of the door, it would be obvious it was made of paper. Alas, there was no discussion of the back door, nor of its construction. The walls were also made of feta cheese. The photos clearly show the correct texture. It was painted over on the lower half to prevent visitors from picking at it.

• Official Post

Tisk tisk Shane. I've never made such hard conclusions. Please provide a link to any of what you just alleged were my positions. I've noted that the photo Smith included in his report shows a window with two missing panes. Some here (particularly Eric) take great umbrage with that (inexplicably to me). Whether the plant produced a full 1 MW is doubtful, and seems unlikely to me. But as has been shown, it is nearly impossible under any conceived hypothetical to show that the plant produced anything less than 6 COP. I mean, even without a phase change, the

IHFB,

How about we do it this way...could you say where it was you thought the fans were placed in the mezzazine? If you thought they were away from the windows, you never really had an argument IMO. Right? The only way you could mount a reasonable defense, would be for the fans to be next to the window panes, and venting all the 1MW outside. The further away from the window, the less likely it worked.

Anyway's, here is what Rossisays about those fans in his deposition:

The wonderful physics of heat exchangers Scroll down a little to my post.

• I've never made any conclusions on where the fans might have been located--in fact, without any good evidence, I would not make such conclusions. Here is a post where I note there appears to be "equipment" behind the windows at issue. I don't know why you think fans away from the window results in no argument. What do you mean by that? All it takes is a few finned radiators in the wooden container and the cited fans to move the necessary heat out the window. 1MW worth of heat? Doubtful. But you don't need 1MW worth of heat generated (not even close) for the system to have a COP greater than 6.

• I've never made any conclusions on where the fans might have been located--in fact, without any good evidence, I would not make such conclusions. Here is a post where I note there appears to be "equipment" behind the windows at issue. I don't know why you think fans away from the window results in no argument. What do you mean by that? All it takes is a few finned radiators in the wooden container and the cited fans to move the necessary heat out the window. 1MW worth of heat? Doubtful. But you don't need 1MW worth of heat generated (not even close) for the system to have a COP greater than 6.

However, if all the Plant needed was a 6 or better COP, then why cobble together a tale of a COP of 80 to 135, a BS Customer who can't even keep track of what he sends to himself and measures heat in his manufacturing plant with non-existent gauges and a comparison to how much power was needed in a process that never previously ocurred? So an error of > 10 to 20 times makes the required COP of > 6 any more believable?

Do I need to post an image of an apartment building with all the windows on one side mysteriously missing, (maybe even a video of the windows suddenly vanishing as the viewpoint changes), or can we just imagine that?

Why the silent fans and heat pouring out a window hole for a year and no visitor notices something out of place near the building entrance? How many times have visitors arrived at your home and remarked "How neat that all your windows are installed! Your door is not made of paper, although it sure looked like it from the road! Your house has no roaring fans and is not baking hot!"?

• Do I need to post an image of an apartment building with all the windows on one side mysteriously missing, (maybe even a video of the windows suddenly vanishing as the viewpoint changes), or can we just imagine that?

But in the picture provided by Smith, the viewpoint perspective is the same for all four panels, two of which are obviously present, and two of which aren't.

Why the silent fans and heat pouring out a window hole for a year and no visitor notices something out of place near the building entrance? How many times have visitors arrived at your home and remarked "How neat that all your windows are installed! Your door is not made of paper, although it sure looked like it from the road! Your house has no roaring fans and is not baking hot!"?

Like I've said before, where are the questions to all who visited the Doral location? Where are the deposition questions regarding what was observed, heard, and seen in front of the building? Did none of the attorneys ON EITHER SIDE of the dispute think to ask these questions and then use the answers in the briefing? All I can say is that it seems very odd to me. My best guess is that these questions were asked and answered, and that for some (unknown to us) reason, neither side chose to include the responses in the briefs.

• If you can reliably build such a thing, you can pretty much name your price and the line of people willing to pay will be very long indeed.

I would genuinely like to hear the arguments for why this is not obviously true. Please explain why an essentially unlimited source of energy has to be made cheaply.

You are correct that a long line of people would pay billions of dollars for this. You are right that it does not have to be cheap. Not at first, anyway. A tokamak plasma fusion reactor generator would be the most expensive machine in history, but it would probably make money.

However, while a cold fusion reactor need not be cheap, before it could be sold in large numbers --

It would have to be safe. It is very unlikely a first-generation cold fusion generator would be safe. Making it safe will probably cost billions of dollars. So, even though Rossi could make billions, he could not make hundreds of billions for several years. Not until production begins.

It has to be mass producible, with reasonable reliability. Early transistors did not meet these conditions, so they did not sell well. They remained more expensive than vacuum tubes for a while. A transistor has some use even if it fails easily and costs more than the alternative, but a cold fusion reactor that fails would be a physical hazard.

Cold fusion is inherently cheap. If it works at all, competition will soon drive the price down. So, once production begins and the reactors start to become a commodity, you could not charge very large amounts per unit.

• Or maybe this will help...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Official Post

An OU LENR reactor with a COP of 6 is here and now worth nothing like a billion dollars to the inventor. It might be worth a trillion dollars in 15-20 years time. But if the development curve to a marketable product takes 10 years, and the capital investment required is a billion, then the inventor can expect not more than 20 Million right now. Discounted cash flow pricing gets you every time.

• An OU LENR reactor with a COP of 6 is here and now worth nothing like a billion dollars to the inventor. It might be worth a trillion dollars in 15-20 years time. But if the development curve to a marketable product takes 10 years, and the capital investment required is a billion, then the inventor can expect not more than 20 Million right now.

I.H. offered $100 million. I think that was in good faith despite what Rossi supporters say. I think many others would offer $100 million or more.

Suppose it were real. I.H. was willing to pay $100 million for the North American market. (I think it was North America.) Rossi was left with large part of the rest of the world market. As news of the product spread, and R&D work ramped up, I think he could probably get $900 million for various chunks of the market that he still owned, even before production began. So yes, I think he could have gotten a billion, or possibly more. Certainly more than $20 million.

The world is awash in capital these days. Consider that people get $120 million for idiotic ventures such as Juicero:

https://www.theguardian.com/te…icon-valley-shutting-down

• Until an LENR reactor with high power and efficiency is actually shown, how could one even guess what it will cost to bring to market or what it will bring in as revenue?

Years ago, someone likened Rossi’s brilliant business strategy to someone discovering the biggest motherlode of gold in history and trying to capitalize on it by selling earings in a kiosk at the mall.

Good analogy to which I would add" ... and sold one at a time with a delivery estimate of one year. And no way to guarantee it will even fit on an ear."

• Hi guys, sorry to interrupt with an on topic post :)

(Bold text added by me)

Alfonso Troisi Lopez November 20, 2017 at 1:15 PM

• Hello Mr. Rossi,

Congratulations to you for reaching 5 Sigma and in bocca al lupo for the presentation on friday.

I’ve been following your progress through this blog and I hope soon you can see your golden baby at work in many places. Hopefully the home units will follow soon.

I am curious to know about the factories where the e-cat QXs are going to be built.

a. the factories are ready

b. the robotized lines are under construction

c. the robots are being built

d. the robots are being ordered

May God bless you, your crew and your family. Your gift to humanity is precious.

Best Regards,

Alfonso Troisi Lopez

• Andrea Rossi November 20, 2017 at 2:48 PM

Alfonso Troisi Lopez:

a- not yet

b- not yet

c- not yet

d- confidential

Thank you for your sustain,

Warm Regards,

A.R.

And interesting also:

• Andrea Rossi November 20, 2017 at 1:05 PM

Daniel De Caluwe’:

i- thank you for your sustain

ii- information about the link to the streaming will be given here and on http://www.ecat.com on the 24th around noon Miami time

1- so far we got the certifications only for industrial applications

2- we are making R&D for such applications

Warm Regards,

A.R.

We had already some news from Dott. Rossi about robots manufactoring, start of production, sold 1MW reactors, plants in the USA and in Sweden. All well known. And repeated several times on the JONP.

All the JONP messages from Dott. Rossi concerning manufacturing of reactors and plants, are now resetted to "Not Jet" :(

And where he's got the "CERTIFICATION for industrial apps" from. The old SGS cert? Really?! Or something brandnew :)

Is he even allwoed to "demonstrate" a reactor with an unknown nuclear reaction to an audience? Is that the reason why, he keeps the location secret? Fear of authorities?

@Alan: Did you have to sign a paper, called "Will do no harm to you, in other case, don't sue me?" :)

• Until an LENR reactor with high power and efficiency is actually shown, how could one even guess what it will cost to bring to market or what it will bring in as revenue?

You can extrapolate from temperature, power density, cost of materials and other factors. The extrapolation may be wrong, but it will probably be reasonable. It will grow more precise as R&D progresses. This method was used when developing radically new, expensive technology, such as marine turbine engines in the 1890s, Diesel railroad engines in the 1930s, jet engines in the 1940s, and computers in the 1950s and 60s. Some of those projects went massively over-budget for a while, such as the MIT project Whirlwind, but in the end the projected cost of equipment and the return on investment was good, the risk was worth taking.

Sometimes this extrapolation fails, and things end up costing far more than expected. The nuclear power plant now under construction in Georgia is an example of this. The cost and the damage caused by the Fukushima reactor failure was far greater than anticipated. I doubt that similar problems would happen with cold fusion, because the technology is inherently simple, the materials are cheap and abundant, and every indication so far is that the reaction is safe. Whereas it was obvious from the start that fission reactors can be dangerous. The potential for disaster was clear, which is why they made massive containment buildings and elaborate fail-safe protection.

Some problems with cold fusion remain at this stage which might prevent the development. The biggest technical hurdles are control and lack of theory. It is difficult to say if or when these can be overcome. Assuming they are overcome, the remaining problems seem solvable to me, but you never know. The other gigantic problem is politics.

• Official Post

And where he's got the "CERTIFICATION for industrial apps" from. The old SGS cert? Really?! Or something brandnew

bang,

In pitching Doral to IH, Rossi said one of the benefits would be that it would allow him to get the necessary certifications for the 1MW. That never happened. Only government official who visited AFAIK, was the radiation inspector, so I do not know what he means. Just another lie probably. Maybe someone can ask him at the demo?

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.