Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• Give me a break. That video shows a skyscraper with all window panes obviously intact and present.

Yes, it does.

However, note the different reflection angles of the glass that should be in the same plane relative to the viewer. The windows show sharply edged changes to the reflection of the sky, so in many cases solid blue sky occurs in one pane next to a pane with clouds is in it. As the reflected clouds move, the clouds do not always appear to smoothly glide across all the panes in the same way. Some remain solid blue.

This demonstrates that it possible that two window panes which are immediately adjacent to two other panes that are nominally in the same plane relative to the viewer can indeed reflect different scenes or colors.

• Shane D.

"bang,

In pitching Doral to IH, Rossi said one of the benefits would be that it would allow him to get the necessary certifications for the 1MW. That never happened. Only government official who visited AFAIK, was the radiation inspector, so I do not know what he means. Just another lie probably. Maybe someone can ask him at the demo?"

Can't answer that.

Alan?

What comes up in my mind:

- the difficulties and saga about the Ferrara "test" (kilo watts)
    -> Dott. Rossi asking the neighbours "Is it okay, don't wanna disturb your sleep .."

- the authorities "alarmed by some worried citizens" regarding the 1MW Doral mockup.
    -> 1MWs of power from an unkwown nuclear (LENR) ...

Now, we are informed about a demo, presenting only a tiny amount of watts from E-Cat QX (20 watts), but only running at 30% power, as I can read on the JONP.

New strategy?

• Official Post

bang,

I think you are being overgenerous to Rossi. As many have speculated, *if* he has something, it is probably a smallish effect on the order of what everyone else is reporting, and unreliable. That combined with what those here with experience are saying about how brutal the certification process is, and throw in the CF factor...that IMO is why he has no cert as of yet.

Or unfortunately, an even more likely scenario is that he has nothing at all and that is why.

• Yes, it does.

However, note the different reflection angles of the glass that should be in the same plane relative to the viewer. The windows show sharply edged changes to the reflection of the sky, so in many cases solid blue sky occurs in one pane next to a pane with clouds is in it. As the reflected clouds move, the clouds do not always appear to smoothly glide across all the panes in the same way. Some remain solid blue.

This demonstrates that it possible that two window panes which are immediately adjacent to two other panes that are nominally in the same plane relative to the viewer can indeed reflect different scenes or colors.

There is a continuous change in your linked-to video not an abrupt difference as is shown in Smith's photo of the Doral plant. You are comparing apples to oranges.

• Uh huh...

Uh huh. Get real. You captured a frame, then zoomed in to a panel that is near the top of the video frame with a sharply oblique point of reference. Now go look at the Doral photo in Smith's report, which is essentially a straight shot view of the window with an abrupt difference between the two panes on the right and the two on the left. I'm going to again include it here (for the umpteenth time) so that everyone can at least have a chance to see through (no pun intended) this nonsense.

1740-pasted-from-clipboard-jpg

?thumbnail=1

• Now go look at the Doral photo in Smith's report, which is essentially a straight shot view of the window with an abrupt difference between the two panes on the right and the two on the left.

?thumbnail=1

Dr. Wong, Rossi's engineering expert, testified in his deposition that the fans were in the two bottom panes. See page 98 lines 8-9 in doc 264-7.

• Wong also watched the window guys, who he had to tell to get out of his way, work on replacing four window panes that were not there.

Anyhow, back to the Smith photo. Nice of Rontan to remove their right hand window beside the door for the photo shoot. Why, goodness me, it may even be a paper window!

• Dr. Wong, Rossi's engineering expert, testified in his deposition that the fans were in the two bottom panes. See page 98 lines 8-9 in doc 264-7.

Um no. Let's see what Dr. Wong actually said in context. He wasn't there until months after the test had completed when some updates/changes were apparently being made to the mezzanine.

2 Q. You saw the two holes?

3 A. For the two fans.

4 Q. Let's see if we can get to your exhibit

5 and you can tell me where it is.

6 A. Yeah, this. (Indicating.)

7 Q. A-2. So you're saying out of A-2 --

8 A. The two bottom holes were occupied by the

9 two fans.

10 Q. And let's clarify a little bit.

11 You called them "holes." Those

12 are frames.

13 A. Frames.

14 Q. This is frames. These are window panes,

15 correct?

16 A. It's not panes. When I was there, it was

17 empty. There were two workmen by the site here.

18 Q. Okay. There was no glass in these?

19 A. No.

20 Q. There was no glass in any of these four?

21 A. No.

22 Q. I'm sorry. Exhibit A-2 shows four squares

23 for a window, and you're saying there was no glass

24 in any of the four squares? Okay.

25 A. Yes.

So when he was there, it was empty. Nothing. No panes. No fans. His comment about the two bottom "holes" being occupied by fans appears to be inconsistent with what he actually observed. And it doesn't really matter since he is not a first hand witness to anything that happened during the test.

• Anyhow, back to the Smith photo. Nice of Rontan to remove their right hand window beside the door for the photo shoot. Why, goodness me, it may even be a paper window!

The doors (all of them) are inset and therefore are not reflecting sunlight in a mirror-like fashion as the windows above the doors and to the left of the doors (minus the two missing panes).

• His comment about the two bottom "holes" being occupied by fans appears to be inconsistent with what he actually observed.

"inconsistent" is the wrong word. That is treating Wong as if he said 'The two bottom holes are occupied by the two fans', and of course that isn't what he said.

Have you had a chance to look at the video of Rossi I posted earlier? The one taken by Krivit? I have calculated the rate at which steam should be coming out of the hose if Rossi is correct that his ecat is heating turning water to steam at the rate of 7 kg/hr. I find that the steam should be coming out something like an order of magnitude faster than it actually appears to be. I would like you to try the same calculation to see if you get the same thing.

• IH Fanboy ,

Your close up image of the window conveniently crops the reflection in the lower window pane.

The door windows are reflecting, except especially the RH paper one.

I didn't crop that photo. I copied it from this forum. If you can find or make a better/clearer close up, please do. I tried but the granularity was terrible. It seems whoever cropped the closeup above had access to a higher resolution original to start from.

Of course the door windows reflect some light, but as I said above, they are not reflecting sunlight in a mirror-like fashion as the windows above the doors and to the left of the doors (minus the two missing panes).

• IH Fanboy ,

Ok. Probably the image was modified, then, by some Photoshop-like program as it was enlarged. I don't think there are higher resolution versions.

Perhaps we should look into getting the complete Stokes deposition. He was indifferent to what was going on there, and should have examined all of the rooms. I'm not sure what the status of the transcripts are, now that there has been a settlement.

• Ok. Probably the image was modified, then, by some Photoshop-like program as it was enlarged. I don't think there are higher resolution versions.

Perhaps we should look into getting the complete Stokes deposition. He was indifferent to what was going on there, and should have examined all of the rooms. I'm not sure what the status of the transcripts are, now that there has been a settlement.

I'd love to see the complete Stokes deposition. We have only seen a small fraction of the deposition testimony. It was frustrating to be reading along to the point where the most interesting information was about to be revealed, and then, CUT, jump to next section. The pieces we have are basically the minimum each party felt was needed to get past summary judgment.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.