Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• Shane,

Ask IHFB to explain The heat stressed tree theory,

then you will succumb to his logic

• Just stuck a 10W1RJ resistor in series with my 18.1 ohm Durapot slab. Did quick tests with ~30V and ~25V across the series (True RMS).

Measured voltage drop across the 1 ohm resistor, total power, total current, DC volts across the 1 ohm resistor, true RMS volts across the resistor, resistor temperature, inside and outside temperatures of the slab, and ambient temp. Took some photos.

• But upon closer inspection of the extant photographs, there were markings that seem to correspond to a large box being previously present on the floor, and clean areas along near the bottom of the door and bottom of the wall that seem to correlate to a previous presence of pipes, again casting doubt.

Using Google Earth to make measurements on the roof of the Doral building, I find that mezzanine is roughly 11 metres by 10 metres with the longer side having the windows in it. Using these dimensions as a guide I don't see how the markings in the picture bear any resemblance to a heat exchanger that according to Wong is about 10 x 6.5 meters. Do you?

• Using Google Earth to make measurements on the roof of the Doral building, I find that mezzanine is roughly 11 metres by 10 metres with the longer side having the windows in it. Using these dimensions as a guide I don't see how the markings in the picture bear any resemblance to a heat exchanger that according to Wong is about 10 x 6.5 meters. Do you?

Make your case. Show some pictures, your proportional dimension comparisons, a cite for your Wong assertions, etc. I can be persuaded with solid evidence.

There was a time when I would do the heavy lifting for you. For example, Forty-Two once stated that outlet steam pipe from

the container was "only about DN40." I went and did some proportional measurements, and it turns out the outlet pipe on another container used by Rossi was significantly larger, and I took the position based on that hard evidence that Murray's memo was most likely wrong. I mean, why would Rossi choose to use an outlet pipe with a smaller diameter than what he had used before?

Oh the shock and awe from the peanut gallery! I was accused by Forty-Two of creating "alternative facts." Dewey remained coy stating that "R will be learning about what the experts have to say soon enough," as if to suggest that Forty-Two was right. Then oldguy stated that he "would take the Exhibit 5 claimed by an eyewitness [referring to Murray]" over my assertions.

To Para's credit, he basically agreed with me in light of the evidence, despite the intoxicating narrative that Rossi had flubbed up using a DN40 outlet pipe. I've seen this quality in Para on multiple occasions and appreciate that intellectual honesty. LENR Calender was keen to conclude "that it was likely that DN40 was a mistake by Murray, because no one would ever choose such a small pipe for that amount of steam." LENR Calender has always struck me as even-keeled when it comes to his analysis of facts. And to THH's credit, he stated "IHFB has good evidence the old pipe was correctly sized."

Jed was the most vehement in his belief that "It is not disputed! Except by people here. The pipe was exactly as Murray described it" and that "Murray had no trouble measuring the pipe." Jed continued in his erroneous belief even after deposition testimony from Murray himself, which just goes to show how difficult it is for some people to change their position once they are certain of a thing.

• IH Fanboy ,

Did we ever get to the bottom of which pipe was supposed to be DN40?

The steam pipes coming out of the BF's seem pretty small. (see page 25, Smith supplemental report)

Murray's premise in the infamous "memo" was that a pipe having a size of DN40 would be incapable of moving the amount of steam generated by the plant (which of course is true, assuming the outlet pipe really was DN40, which it wasn't). Many here swore by this premise and would not budge even in view of solid contradictory evidence. None of the deposition testimony that I recall reading stated that any of the "internal" pipes had a diameter of DN40. That is not to say that they didn't. Looking back on Murray's deposition, he stated that he had a picture of a pipe joint flagged as DN40, but eventually admitted that the pipes coming off the BF units feed into a larger main.

• Its a bit like the Bermuda triangle, but with less sun and more rhubarb.

I suspect Jed Rothwell may be a member of one of the lost tribes of the rhubarb triangle.

My family is from the Bermuda triangle. The real one. Rumor has it we are descended from pirates and smugglers exiled from the Isle of Wight to Bermuda. I can just imagine a judge in 1690-something saying: "Well, Rothwell, * we caught you at last. You have a choice. You can hang by your neck until dead, or we'll send you to an island with ideal weather year round, pink sand, bananas and unlimited food, located in an ideal place for smuggling to the American Colonies. What'll it be?!?"

I felt a sort of kinship with Jack Sparrow of the "Pirates of the Caribbean" franchise. He reminds me a little of my dad. There is something about the Caribbean . . .

* Okay, that was my grandmother's side of the family but . . . Somewhere back in time perhaps we came from the town of Rothwell.

Shane: "There may actually be something to Rossi, and we shall see shortly."

Interested Observer: I think the safest thing that one can say about the forthcoming Rossi event is that it will change absolutely nothing. I'm sure there will be wild and dramatic assertions from all quarters in the wake of the demo for a little while but within weeks we will be back to the same pointless bickering between those who believe in spite of everything and those who can't understand why anybody would. So, in the big picture, I am confident that we will see very little shortly.

If you look at recent free energy scams, they get more pitiful, obvious and lame as time goes by (spectacular example: Steorn) as the "inventor" grows more desperate and runs out of good ways to flummox and has to use bad ones. I suspect Rossi is getting to that place. But hey, maybe he will pull another sickly rabbit out of his mangy hat! That would be more fun! I hope but doubt that he will have an "O-Girl" or a "Tachoman" to show.

ETA: Now that I think about it, Vessela is sort of like Steorn's "O-Girl" but seems a bit more wholesome and definitely not mercenary like O-Girl. http://www.ecat-thenewfire.com/author.html

• Make your case. Show some pictures, your proportional dimension comparisons, a cite for your Wong assertions, etc. I can be persuaded with solid evidence.

Wong's expert report (197-1, page 4, bottom) lists the size of the wooden structure he was told enclosed the supposed mezzanine heat exchanger. It was 1m x 6.5m x 10m.

Rather that posting diagrams, photos, etc here, I refer you to the discussion I had with Engineer48. You will see there a suggested layout of the heat exchanger diagrammed in blue. That is Engineer48's diagram, not mine. I just drew the red lines on ii in a position that I though corresponded to the marks on the floor. The point I was making is that there is no orientation of a 6.5 x 10 m structure that can be made to correspond to the marks on the floor. I also hope this illustrates that my I always try to make my arguments evidence based.

https://disqus.com/home/discus…e_cat/#comment-3411268502

• I can be persuaded with solid evidence.

I am excited to hear this! For the 3rd time I invite you to look at the Krivit video of Rossi holding up a hose emitting steam and tell me if the velocity of the steam you see coming out of the hose accords with Rossi's claimed ecat performance of converting water to steam at the rate of 7kg/hr. Surely this is the best sort of evidence we have! Why not engage it?

If you want me to do the math and post it for you to comment on then please let me know. I would rather you do it yourself though so that no one can say I am putting my thumb on the scales.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.