Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• Are those real substances that can be bought, or are you just mocking me? If so, I don't think we should be intentionally trying to produce conflicts on this forum.

I stand by my comment. I think Rossi has always wanted the majority of people to think that his tech was beyond their reach to replicate. If more people like me356 had successfully replicated and shared their know how, he would have had more competitors.

exactly, why didn't he use off-the-shelf kelindide or maybe duranium.

Because kelindide is only found on Cardassia and Quark is a Ferengi name?

I think Rossi has always wanted the majority of people to think that his tech was beyond their reach

It certainly was beyond the reach of Industrial Heat, wasn't it?

I think he’s using a newly developed alloy

“Delerium”

You sure he didn't blend in some fraudium pretendate too?

• We don't really know if Industrial Heat was ever able to produce excess heat with the information Rossi provided or not. Some documents tended to indicate that they did, but we have yet to see a single detailed report from a replication attempt.

we have yet to see a single detailed report from a replication attempt.

To whom or what do you attribute this problem? And how many years has it been since Rossi claimed to obtain high power thermal energy from his reaction?

• To whom or what do you attribute this problem? And how many years has it been since Rossi claimed to obtain high power thermal energy from his reaction?

Did I say it was a problem? It's a simple fact. In the court papers there are mentions of multiple replication attempts that IH performed. However, we can't judge them one way or the other, with complete accuracy, unless reports were published. This was never going to happen. And since the case is over, it is never going to happen. Any work that IH performed utilizing Rossi's test will never see the light of day.

That's fine, though. I'm convinced we -- referring to those of us who realize the EVO connection to Rossi's technology and a long history of related technologies -- know enough to build high powered devices ourselves. The problem, of course, is finding qualified people with the time, space, and resources to build and test systems.

Did I say it was a problem?

@Director

Whether you said it or not, it is a gigantic problem for the world and for friends of LENR. And if IH had been able to produce working LENR reactors from Rossi's plans and instructions, as Rossi claimed many times they could, everyone involved would be rich beyond their dreams and there would have been no law suit. IH would have gladly paid Rossi. It would have been very easy to pay Rossi and still get very rich, from all the money they would have earned from selling heaters or licensing the technology. So what went wrong? Do you think maybe, just maybe, Rossi's reactors don't work (and never have)?

• @Director

Whether you said it or not, it is a gigantic problem for the world and for friends of LENR. And if IH had been able to produce working LENR reactors from Rossi's plans and instructions, as Rossi claimed many times they could, everyone involved would be rich beyond their dreams and there would have been no law suit. IH would have gladly paid Rossi. It would have been very easy to pay Rossi and still get very rich, from all the money they would have earned from selling heaters or licensing the technology. So what went wrong? Do you think maybe, just maybe, Rossi's reactors don't work (and never have)?

The truth is far more nuanced than if Rossi's reactors worked or if they didn't work. There was obviously a whole dynamic between IH and Andrea Rossi that we are ignorant about. Without a doubt, he was playing games with them to a ridiculous degree, or he wouldn't have had James Bass pretend to be an employee of Johnson Matthey. There's also evidence in the court papers he intentionally staged a failure of a test to lose a contract. His behavior was outrageous in some regards, but this doesn't mean that his reactors never worked. I'm convinced many of them did on various occasions. I'd even say there is pretty darn good evidence (even if less than optimal) some of them self sustained for extended periods! But one thing we've learned is that Rossi doesn't care about proving anything to anyone, except himself. Due to his case of inventors syndrome, in his mind, he can't let absolutely rock solid evidence emerge: instantly, he'd have a surge of competitors trying to replicate! So he can only release test results and evidence that's good enough to attract the investment he needs to reach mass production. This was the exact mindset of Patterson in regards to his powercell technology. If he couldn't keep 100% of the market to himself, he was willing to allow his technology to remain obscure forever.

I'm convinced the "cat" is out of the bag now. We know enough to move forward, rapidly.

What I think went REALLY WRONG during the time period Rossi was under contract with IH is that he realized FULLY what was happening in his reactors: strange radiation (EVOs) was stimulating LENR! My guess is that when he first signed the agreement with IH, he only had a limited understanding of what was happening. But then he rapidly realized multiple paths that lead to the Quark: a super optimized spheromak fusion generator! I don't think he wanted to transfer this know how to IH, so instead he filed countless patent applications (that no one will ever see) that he allowed to lapse. This will provide him with proof of prior art in the future. I'm sure this infuriated IH and induced various unofficial representatives to publicly condemn all of the E-Cat technology as being a total hoax. But that doesn't matter now. The secrets are out.

• His behavior was outrageous in some regards, but this doesn't mean that his reactors never worked. I'm convinced many of them did on various occasions. I'd even say there is pretty darn good evidence (even if less than optimal) some of them self sustained for extended periods! But one thing we've learned is that Rossi doesn't care about proving anything to anyone, except himself. Due to his case of inventors syndrome, in his mind, he can't let absolutely rock solid evidence emerge: instantly, he'd have a surge of competitors trying to replicate! So he can only release test results and evidence that's good enough to attract the investment he needs to reach mass production.

I can see this theory, that Rossi deliberately makes his tests look bad to avoid competition, is the only rational way you can hold these views.

Looking at it from the outside:

(1) all Rossi's behaviour is simply consistent with his devices never working

(2) Have you noticed the progression? Initially he had easily demonstrable high COP devices. With flow calorimetry, should be easy to validate. His tests were all critiqued, and when more rigorous testing was done COP went down to 2 or 3, what you'd get from mis-measurement of IR power, or of electrical in power, via mechanisms well understood now. IH, with every reason to want positive results, measured COP=1 time and time again. Now, with the quarkx, there is no measurement of COP. No indication the device generates power. But, it looks more dramatic and has activated Rossi's fans.

That progression, initial high COP, reducing as integrity of tests increases, with current tests making no claims for COP, due to no measurement of input power, tells a story.

• I feel like there are vastly different, irreconcilable epistemologies at play here with different people on this site. I do not see how this epistemological chasm can be bridged without years of education and/or help (if at all). Absent that, people end up talking past one another, even if they seem to be talking about the same topic.

• Roseland67, I wish it were that simple. I have watched on, somewhat amazed, as different people review the same information and draw wildly different conclusions about Rossi and other developments. I do not think any amount of information will cause people's understandings to become more similar. Some are already persuaded (against all evidence, in my view) that Rossi has something. Others insist (rightly, in my view) that there is little to no basis for such optimism, scientific or otherwise. Throw all of the information currently available into the discussion, and opinions won't budge all that much. Humans are fascinating creatures.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.