Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• Official Post

Ha! Thx 42 for redeeming me. In all fairness to Alan and Jed, Defkalion said the same thing, only a little later. That is worth a consolation prize.

Back to topic; Rossi the master showman, has gotten his troops fired up with the new QX "high power 100kW" (E-Scat), and this "impossible to reverse engineer" thing, which has "revolutionized" his plans for commercializing. The guy is entertaining.

• The guy [Rossi] is entertaining.

So are videos of forklift accidents.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• ... Rossi the master showman, has gotten his troops fired up with the new QX "high power 100kW" (E-Scat), and this "impossible to reverse engineer" thing, which has "revolutionized" his plans for commercializing. The guy is entertaining.

I think that a natural expectation of the Rossi fans is for him to patent the QX technology (just as he has claimed to do with previous inventions). But patenting would have required Mr Rossi to divulge his designs. And that can be a problem if you don't actually have any designs! So I see this claim of the QX being impossible to reverse engineer as a dodge that will allow him to relax and avoid any patent talk.

• An unusual technical statement from Rossi in that it is 100% true.

"Reverse engineering" - fabricate an equivalent copy that works

• Alain, this is not too complex (except mechanically):

Reverse Engineering the Antikythera Mechanism

https://makezine.com/2017/06/2…he-antikythera-mechanism/

Beautiful craftsmanship is presented with excellent video.

These videos are edited so in spite of Chris drilling lots of holes it never gets boring.

The origin of the Antikythera mechanism has been traced back to the place and time of Archimedes:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antikythera_mechanism

• Why wouldn't Rossi keep plodding along? He has taken in millions of dollars. Is there any evidence that he has spent much of it on his "research"? Has anyone seen any laboratories, factories, robots, employees, etc.? Yes, he rented a strip-mall space in Florida for a while, but that doesn't exactly chew up millions. Did the Stockholm demo look like the result of millions of dollars of investment? I think Rossi is doing much better than plodding along. He is having a high-old time living on other people's money and inexplicably retaining a loyal bunch of internet fans.

• @ THHuxleynew

IMHO better...

"reverse engineering" it means fabricate an equivalent copy.

"impossible reverse engineering" it means fabricate an equivalent copy that works while the original one it has never worked.

• Rossi invented the idiotic idea of a self destructon mechanism for a LENR reactor:

http://e-catworld.com/2011/06/…ct-intellectual-property/

If Rossi has been thinking about self-destruct mechanisms since 2011 then to me it means he realized early on that this was a way to avoid having to put anything concrete into a patent. It is a good stratagem to pursue if you have nothing concrete in the first place. But in this case I don't understand why he abandoned that strategy went ahead and applied for a patent on a claimed device.

Why the change? Was it forced on him? Was the patent something that was required by IH or something he used to entice IH into investing in him?

In any case, he was incredibly clever in constructing a patent application that presented different faces to different audiences. To the patent examiners he argued he was just patenting a heater -- no nuclear processes suggested -- whereas to his acolytes he held that this patent covered the essence of his LENR techology -- even though no one has ever managed to squeeze excess heat from the design. Must have been hard work though. Hard enough that he has abandoned the patenting game and gone back to the impossible-to-reverse-engineer trope.

• There is no self destruct mechanism. Although I could be wrong, I'm convinced the Quark is super simple (although tweaking individual parameters may take a lot of trial and error), and this is a desperate ploy to try and convince other researchers not to replicate. I think the same has been true for many of his other varieties of E-Cat. If someone had understood that the presence of plasma and CVD deposition of diamond structures on the nickel was so important, they could have figured out all his configurations. Wait! Hold up! Someone has done that already, or so he alleges: me356.

• Why wouldn't Rossi keep plodding along? He has taken in millions of dollars. Is there any evidence that he has spent much of it on his "research"? Has anyone seen any laboratories, factories, robots, employees, etc.? Yes, he rented a strip-mall space in Florida for a while, but that doesn't exactly chew up millions. Did the Stockholm demo look like the result of millions of dollars of investment? I think Rossi is doing much better than plodding along. He is having a high-old time living on other people's money and inexplicably retaining a loyal bunch of internet fans.

I don't disagree completely, except that I think that his technology has a root core that does indeed work. I'm not saying everyone of his systems operated as he claimed: we know he has admitted lying to get out of agreements. But I think he has seen legitimate excess heat and a wide range of other strange effects, and in addition to maximizing his profits (going the same route as Patterson and a host of other inventors) he seeks to advance the technology -- if he can do so in a way that he controls the entire market. Being famous and rich is better than just being rich. And I think for his advancement of the work by Piantelli and Focardi, he deserves a lot of credit. At the same time, he deserves the legacy of being a sneaky trickster at times and being highly manipulative to the whole LENR community (alluding to a relationship with Johnson Matthey that didn't exist or was insanely exaggerated).

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.