Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• TrueTroll: I repeat - you'll be among the last to know.

You are so thin skinned Dewey.

If everything is going on like you say for IH you shouldn't have any worries isn't it?

I wish you all the best and if you you really have something I am happy to be among the last to know. But I have my doubts.

• I know that you "turned" after the entire travel non payment issue but I seem that early on you did support the general Rossi approach.

The "non travel payment" refers to Defakalion, not Rossi. Rossi had nothing to do with it. Defkalion refused to pay me about a year after they cancelled the trip, which was when the ticket was set to expire. I did not ask for the money before that, because I thought I might use the ticket. By that time I was sure they had nothing of value, because they cancelled on visits by me and several others, and I heard from the people who did go that they had nothing. I assumed they were incompetent. I did not realize that Defkalion was an out and out fraud until the Gamberale report came out:

http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/GamberaleLfinaltechn.pdf

Rossi invited me and then uninvited me the same day, when we first came in contact. That was suspicious but no big deal.

The peak of my interest in Rossi came after the 2013 Levi report, as I said. That report taken on its own still seems credible, but given the Lugano report that followed and the Penon report that followed that, I think Rossi has no credibility.

notice Melich is/or was an advisor to JOPN

I wonder if he even knows about that. There is also a non-existent person listed, as I recall.

I am not saying that people outside of IH told them to invest, only that same "seemed" to supportRossi early on. And as Dewey indicated some like the Swedes gave early support or a "nod of acceptance".

Anyone who would invest millions of dollars based on a "nod of acceptance" from me would be crazy. I had no inside information on Rossi. Only the 2014 report. It was interesting but as I said repeatedly at the time, a follow-up report was essential. There were many important open questions. If anyone had asked me I would have advised they not invest more than $50,000 for another test. After the Lugano test I would have advised they find someone else to test it. Levi et al. took far too long, their methods were lousy, and they refused to answer key technical questions from experts. That is the first time I have seen a follow-up test that was much worse than the initial one.

No one asked me about this investment. For that matter, no one has ever asked me about any other investment or project plan in the history of cold fusion. I have no idea what I.H. learned from the Swedes, or whether the Swedes gave them a "nod" or a thousand pages of technical detail.

• [No one from I.H. asked me what I thought about investing in Rossi. Not before, or after. I do not recall discussing any of their investments or business strategies. We did discuss some technical issues.]

like some of your early comments such as "Many, including me,

think that the weight of evidence is in favor of the claims, based on

previous Ni-H claims and so on."

Exactly. That was a technical evaluation. Nothing to do with Rossi's business dealings or his personal integrity. I think previous Ni-H claims did lend his claims some credibility. For example, the Mengoli paper I uploaded recently seems credible. It is not proof that Ni cold fusion is real, but it should make you take the claims seriously.

http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/MengoliGanomaloush.pdf

As far as I know, the first credible claims of Ni-H CF were from Mills and Thermacore. I cannot make head or tail of what Mills now claims. He has supposedly spent vast amounts of money. Tens of millions? Hundreds of millions? I have no idea how much. He seems to have nothing to show for it, and his experiments have gotten progressively worse over the years, as far as I can make out. Those are red flags! Despite all that, I thought Thermocore had credibility, and I still do.

http://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/GernertNnascenthyd.pdf

• Rossi worked with Focardi. Sounds good but since Focardi is deceased Rossi can claim what he likes.

I heard from Focardi when he was alive. (Not in a seance.) He described some impressive results. Not much detail, but it was impressive.

He always does the same thing.

What he actually presents is a demo with a closed box and Rossi with hands on the controls.

That is incorrect. During the 2013 Levi tests, Rossi never touched the reactor. They had a camera on it the whole time to confirm that. I suppose he touched it when they set up but Levi et al. made all changes and measurements after that.

• Rossi worked with Focardi. Sounds good but since Focardi is deceased Rossi can claim what he likes.

Rossi worked with Kullander. Did he? Again as Kullander is deceased Rossi can claim what he likes.

I feel I have studied Rossi to know when he is telling the truth or like

a salesman telling you BS.

He is telling the truth when he said

he worked with Focardi and Kullander and owes both men if he

ends up being successful.

In a way he owes Tom Darden for

providing the money to keep him going.But doing business can be cruel sometimes

• Official Post

Ferrara came with some geiger blips that were above the noise. For whatever reason, they were never to be repeated or seen again.

Very interesting about the "geiger blips". I am sure Dr. Celani can identify with that, as he had a similar experience. Although he got more than a few blips as he stood outside the room Rossi was starting up an Ecat. That, I believe, was in 2010? It led him on his quest to replicate, which led to his "Celani wires". Last he reported, he was up to COP2.

I also find it interesting what you said about the fuel in the 1MW plant (blue shipping container), on it's journey from Ferrara, across the Atlantic, to Raleigh, and lastly to Doral. It is hard to piece together an cohesive story from your clips. Perhaps you could clarify? Doing so may prevent any potential investor going down the same path as IH, and maybe even open a few eyes with these die hard Rossi fans.

• @ oldguy,

hi.

I know that you "turned" after the entire travel non payment issue but I seem that early on you did support the general Rossi approach.

More precisely, JR has strongly supported from the beginning the credibility of the professors who tested his devices and the reliability of their results (1).

I am not saying that people outside of IH told them to invest, only that same "seemed" to supportRossi early on.

According to Krivit, various LENR researchers played a significant role in promoting the Ecat in their community and to potential investors (2).

(1) https://www.lenr-forum.com/for…D/?postID=29406#post29406

(2) http://newenergytimes.com/v2/s…Investigation-Index.shtml

• sam12

To be clear I am not saying Rossi is making any untrue statements concerning Focardi and Kullander.
    The point is that as both are deceased it is difficult to validate what might be claimed.

Equally I am not doubting that Rossi worked with Focardi and Kullander but the phrase "worked with" is very general, it could be interpreted in many ways.

For instance Rossi "worked with" IH but either;

a) Rossi did not disclose his secret sauce,

b) his technology does not work,

c) IH are lying,

choose whatever option fits the facts.

JedRothwell

Thank you for the correction. Difficult enough to get the facts straight as it is.

Always open to new learning.

• The error of judgement, in retrospect, was in allowing Rossi his bogus customer and therefore his bogus 1 year test.

I think I read in the depositions that by the time the 1-year test began, the money was spent, and exhaustive tests by I.H. were negative. They had given up. They decided they might as well let him try for a year. They had nothing more to lose. I do not think the tests cost them much. Or anything? Maybe Rossi paid for them.

I did not read that part of the depositions carefully so I may have that wrong.

I do not think they expected he would file a lawsuit at the end of the one-year test. It sure surprised me!

• More precisely, JR has strongly supported from the beginning the credibility of the professors who tested his devices and the reliability of their results (1).

Yes, as I noted above, I thought the Levi report was credible, and I still do think so. As a stand alone report it is impressive, but the follow-up work ruined its credibility.

According to Krivit, various LENR researchers played a significant role in promoting the Ecat in their community and to potential investors(2).

I doubt that Krivit has any inside knowledge of what potential investors heard from any LENR researchers, or whether they were influenced. I do not think investors would discuss this with Krivit. None of them has discussed it with me. Dewey has stated here that they were influenced by the Swedes. The Swedes did not "promote" the e-cat. They tested it, and reported their results. Their first test was impressive, but the second one (Lugano) was a fiasco. I have no idea when I.H. invested but if it was after the second report, that was a mistake.

• For instance Rossi "worked with" IH but either;

a) Rossi did not disclose his secret sauce,

b) his technology does not work,

c) IH are lying,

choose whatever option fits the facts.

a)Rossi likely disclosed the SS but did

not provide the fine tuning needed to get it to work.

b)At Doral he got the technology to

work but not good enough to go to

market.But on the side he worked on

the smaller QX and got it working good enough to market the product.

c ) IH are not lying but probably where confused like the rest of us

on what was really going on.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.