Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• @| JedRothwell,

thanks again. I really appreciate your answers to my comments on your role in the Ecat saga. You are one of the most knowledgeable people on this subject and on the entire CF/LENR field, so if you don't mind, I'd like to take advantage of your kind readiness for better understanding the rationale of this incredible story.

That was another test, years earlier. Independent as far as I know. I wish they would publish it, but they still will not. I guess by now after all that happened to I.H. and in Florida, those old results are no longer credible. Subsequent tests devalued them, the way they devalued the 2013 Levi tests.

So, in June 2011 you had "some unpublished information" on a supposedly independent test performed on a Rossi device well before 2011, which gave you "enough […] more confidence in the results". In any case it is not clear where this test took place and if the testers told you directly that they would have published the results.

If the thing did work, then Rossi is crazy.

I agree. But, as you already said, "He is a smart guy", so he's not crazy, and hence, by your inference, his devices never worked. But the real problem is not Rossi, everyone knew from the beginning that he was just a controversial PR-man, not a real scientist. The big problem are all those people who supported his endeavor for many years.

Why didn't he demonstrate it and develop it?

Again in June 2011, to whom proposed the "Rossi lies" as the apparently simplest explanation for his behavior and for all the experimental incongruities that many people did already catch at that time, you replied (1): "That is not a "very simple explanation." It would be a very complicated one, and highly unlikely, because it would not suffice to explain what is happening. You would have to make this: Rossi lies, and so do Focardi, Levi, E&K, everyone at Defkalion, and all of the others who have observed this cell and other Ni cells in operation. If Rossi alone was making these claims, that might explain it."

I agree with the direct consequence of this other inference of you. Are you still of the same opinion?

(1) https://www.mail-archive.com/v…@eskimo.com/msg48064.html

• In May, Alan Smith wrote:

"Adrian. Nobody gets banned from this forum for their opinions or beliefs,"

Well I have just been banned, for the third time, for an opinion or belief.

I have been accused of attacking people and not sticking to facts by Walker and would be interested in actual quotations where I have done the above.

This before expressing any more opinions on this thread.

• have checked it, it is not your opinion or belief, it is more or less your general attitude! You always argue on the edge, so what to do as a Admin or Mod? Accept it, risking that other members follow, or draw a straight line?

Thank you for your reply.

It would help if you gave some examples of my arguments that are "on the edge." That should be easy as you say I always do it.

I am careful not to insult people here and more often than not my comment is prompted by what I consider an excessively rude and libelous insults about Rossi. I too am often insulted, for example called a "Rossi sick puppet," but that never spurs any comment from the moderators. I get the strong impression one can say anything nasty about Rossi, without proof, and get away with it.

As for whether Rossi actually has something we will have to wait for~8 months.

• not heard that one before - but I like it!

Some here have stated, without proof, that many of the questions on Rossi's JoNP are from Rossi acting as a sock puppet. Of course that is an insult to me, suggesting that I am not a real person. But don't worry, the moderators will not admonish you unless you are supporting or defending Rossi.

• So, in June 2011 you had "some unpublished information" on a supposedly independent test performed on a Rossi device well before 2011, which gave you "enough […] more confidence in the results". In any case it is not clear where this test took place and if the testers told you directly that they would have published the results.

It is not clear because I have not told you. It is clear to me, but not to you. What is your point?

That was a strange thing to say.

• Well I have just been banned, for the third time, for an opinion or belief.

No. You were (obviously) banned because your behavior was boorish. You have never been banned for your beliefs. Every time you have been given a timeout, it is because you were forever spoiling for a fight. And the next time your behavior is boorish, you will be permabanned. Sorry.

• Some here have stated, without proof, that many of the questions on Rossi's JoNP are from Rossi acting as a sock puppet. Of course that is an insult to me, suggesting that I am not a real person.

No one would accuse you of being a sock puppet on JoNP. The sock puppets there are easily recognizable by their English. They are not native speakers, and they make the same mistakes and use the same expressions Rossi uses. You are obviously a native speaker of English so you are not one of them.

No one has suggested you are not a real person. You are taking offense at an absurdity -- something that has not happened, and will not happen.

• I get that your views differ from mine, as they long have. It is a practical problem. When someone has no argument to make and only launches into people, calling them trolls and the like, the real discussion gets sidelined, and others with similar tendencies come out of the woodworks. (One wonders whether that is the very purpose of such behavior.) You may disagree, but your fortitude for that kind of thing is formidable. We hope to make this a place where quieter, shier people are also willing to contribute. They will keep quiet if this place is repeatedly allowed to devolve into a food fight.

• Official Post

Some here have stated, without proof, that many of the questions on Rossi's JoNP are from Rossi acting as a sock puppet. Of course that is an insult to me, suggesting that I am not a real person. But don't worry, the moderators will not admonish you unless you are supporting or defending Rossi.

Adrian,

I will avoid the back room politics, and say welcome back. Hopefully your stay this time is a long one.

That said, I have to take exception with your statement: "without proof that many of the questions on Rossi's JONP are from acting as a sock puppet".

Well, Rossi readily resorts to sock puppets, and I just do not understand how you feel he does not?

• No. You were (obviously) banned because your behavior was boorish. You have never been banned for your beliefs. Every time you have been given a timeout, it is because you were forever spoiling for a fight. And the next time your behavior is boorish, you will be permabanned. Sorry.

I would appreciate a couple of examples what you considered were "boorish" enough to be banned. I find that hard to believe after the hundreds of posts by Mary Yugo.

You also accused me of getting facts wrong and I requested examples of those too, but you never replied.

• I would appreciate a couple of examples what you considered were "boorish" enough to be banned. I find that hard to believe after the hundreds of posts by Mary Yugo.

Sorry Adrian. I have few suggestions for you, and I'm not going to engage further in this discussion. There have been numerous occasions when clear explanations have been provided for why we find ourselves in this cycle, and yet we have still come to this point. There's not much I can do for you at this time except hope that you'll somehow mellow out and engage points of fact rather than spoiling for a fight and diverting the conversation to make it one about other forum members. It is incontrovertible that Mary's behavior is also boorish.

You also accused me of getting facts wrong and I requested examples of those too, but you never replied.

No. You merely misunderstood my suggestion. I suggested that you stick to matters of fact, i.e., rather than personalizing things with other forum members. You seem to have taken that to mean that I was suggesting that you had said things that were untrue (i.e., nonfactual). That was not the suggestion, although I did not have enough energy to clarify the point.

• That said, I have to take exception with your statement: "without proof that many of the questions on Rossi's JONP are from acting as a sock puppet".

Well, Rossi readily resorts to sock puppets, and I just do not understand how you feel he does not?

ShaneD, Rossi responds to people I know (including myself) and I now have a pretty good feel for the majority of the questioners. I don't know if he ever posts comments himself under another name and neither do you for sure. There are a number of people posting on the site who are not native English speakers.

Basically, he has no reason to so. He gets too many questions to answer already.

• Official Post

Well then Adrian, we just have to agree to disagree! I will say though, that Rossi has been proven to lie, yes lie, on his JONP over and over again for the past 7 years. I could quote you almost chapter and verse how he did, and still does,, but something tells me you will not listen. I say that because his lies have been quoted here, and elsewhere, multiple times before, yet you Rossi fans chose to ignore, or explain away. So is it much of a stretch for me to say he uses sockpuppets also? I do not think so. And there have been those whom have documented his doing so far better than I.

Were his JONP record of misinformation, propaganda, and outright deceit not enough, the IH/Rossi court documents are proof of beyond doubt...if one were to actually read them. Have you? Damning by almost any measure.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.