Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• We (LF/Vortex et al) haven't seen ALL the facts from discovery. For example, we've only seen parts of some of the depositions.

How about you (Dewey/IH) release all the key depositions in their entirety?

Although the Settlement Agreement does not have a provision, IIRC, forbidding the release they may not be his to release. Fortunately for me, if Rossi ever sues me for defamation, IH and Jones Day Reavis Pogue (and Satan, as sometimes referred to by their associates) would have to turn them upon receipt of a subpoena. FYI, another fond name for Jones Day was Jones Day Night & Weekends. I like to tease Jones Day, but I truly have the highest respect for them and their lawyers (excepting the ones representing Trump). I started my practice with O'Melveny & Myers, a "small boutique" with revenue of approximately $738 million last year and worked on many transactions with Jones Day folks. Good people by and large. And IMNSHO, if the Rossi/IH case had gone to a verdict, Jones Day would have crushed Rossi. And, as for Rossi coming in to the court in a wheel chair, that would have exposed him as a complete fraud to the jury and he would have absolutely no credibility thereafter. How do I know. You can be sure that Jones Day had photographs of him the week before trial walking around just fine.

• However, it is not nearly as difficult as in England (you say Sweden, I say England) where to win a suit in defamation the defendant has to prove the truthfulness of the alleged defamatory language.

I think you might have this back-to-front. Pretty sure that the UK introduced a test for serious harm* or loss, to tighten up the notorious bias towards the claimant.

* ie. It's not defamation if someone's reputation is worse than another's BS about them.

• Tony, first, I am not offering you legal advice. However, some of your comments re: IH could be viewed as defamatory, unless of course you can back them up. Just saying. Oh, and by the way, although Rossi's bad behavior doesn't excuse any bad behavior by IH, you obviously are not familiar with the corporate games and machinations that Rossi played in that whole debacle.

And Messieur Ashfield, I am not only still ready to wager, once you agree to some sort of real validation of Rossi's accomplishments, but I have offered to up the stakes and yet I have not heard any response to that. I feel so lonely, so sad.

Also, please find attached the fee schedule to civil filings in San Mateo County. And lastly, I don't believe I ever said I doubted your credit. Could you please point me to that remark I must have so cruelly made, and if I did so, please accept my most humble and abject apology therefor.

And apologies if I attached multiple times - still getting the hang of internet of tubes thing.

• I'd say that someone who has designed a few furnaces* should be able to realise for himself why the Penon report must be nonsense, and that's despite the ridiculous measurement methods contained inside it. - Yes, I know, the "steam meter broke"... which is an equally ridiculous excuse... Why not just change it, instead of trying to wrangle the data into a Shanahan-esque contortion of the steam equations, in order to suggest that Rossi actually made his 1MW?

And I don't care to bet with you as (a) my Johnson is large enough already, and (b) for the same reason I don't steal sweets from small children in the street.

* Mind you, humanity has been doing the same since before the bronze age, so let's not get too excited.

Shanahan again, you are killing me. And I not only do not steal sweets from children, I give them sweets - I mean, dentists need the business. And I never talk about my Johnson, or the size of my hands or feet, which by the way are VERY large, and much larger than Trump's feet and hands. I think I have outed myself as someone to whom politics is the bread and water of life, but, for the sake of the moderators, I will try to limit my anti-Trump rants to no more than one a week. I think so far I am up to the first week in November 2019.

• And Bernie Madoff scammed billions. Maybe we should ask him his views on LENR if raising money is the criterion on which we are going to rely. Or how about the late night television shows promoting get rich quick in real estate - now there is an idea, we need a late night television show with Rossi pushing his e-cats.

Call 1-800-ECAT R US, operators are standing by. But there is more - the first 1,000 callers will also get an autographed picture, signed by DOTTORE ROSSI himself, of the ROBOTICIZED factory where these miraculous devices are made. And we have a special offer - if you order two ECATS right now, you can get them both for the low, low price of just twice as much as one, plus $100,000 for shipping and handling. We promise to ship these MIRACULOUS ECATS as soon as we fill all of the commercial orders we have already received. BUT, WE will ship you your personally autographed, by DOTTORE ROSSI, picture of our ROBOTICIZED FACTORY as soon as we receive your payment in full.

• I promise, pinky promise, not to do any more, others than the ones I already posted. I am Jewish and never attended Catholic school, so I can't comment on the nuns. But my mother used to do the ruler thing in trying to teach me piano. When I was about nine years old, I was already much taller than my mother and when she smacked me with the ruler, I grabbed it, smacked her back and said, yes, it hurts. No more piano lessons, instead I focused on mathematics which made her much happier (at least until my sophomore year at UCLA, when I got expelled, and then my repeat of my sophomore year at UCLA, when I got expelled again. I like to believe that I have the lowest undergraduate GPA of anyone who ever graduated from Boalt Hall Law School, the University of California at Berkeley. And yes, I did finally graduate from UCLA, albeit after being out of school for approximately 12 years, during which I did certain things (not including any felonies - so there).

And Shane, I am polite and civil to my political opponents - it is not like I used to ask law students interviewing for jobs, "Are you a right thinking individual or a neo-nazi fascist republican." Oh, wait, I used to ask them that. The best reply I ever got was from a student who said "I am a right thinking individual who is a very conservative republican." We hired him, he was able to handle a difficult situation with poise, calmness, and discretion, all good attributes for an attorney who would, from time to time, be dealing with asshole clients. It also didn't hurt his chances that he was a Boaltie.

But, going forward, I promise to behave.

Edited once, last by woodworker: I left out the "fascist" in my question whilst interviewing law students. ().

• @Ascoli: perhaps I am unorthodox in my viewpoint, but I would think that being successful in LENR research entails demonstrating the effect in a reproducible and unambiguous way. How much money you raise or how many sycophantic followers you have on obscure websites does not equal success in the field. Or if it does, then "the field" is similar to the fields of crystal power and Nigerian bank schemes.

• I think you might have this back-to-front. Pretty sure that the UK introduced a test for serious harm* or loss, to tighten up the notorious bias towards the claimant.

* ie. It's not defamation if someone's reputation is worse than another's BS about them.

That may be, but the last article I read about it was in 2017 in the University of Miami School Of Law International and Comparative Law Review, published August 28, 2017, and I believe that there is still a strong bias in favor of the plaintiff. I will make sure to ask a friend, who just did some post-JD work in England where he obtained another degree (I am not sure what, he keeps collecting legal degrees - what a poseur)

• If I might draw upon several years of experience in fringe-ish forums to impress upon the open-minded initiate that there is a nontrivial possibility that the following topics will lead to a general conflagration and a war of all against all, involving the some of the very same people active in this specific thread: politics, anthropocentric global warming and religion. If your posts trigger such a food fight, no matter what other points they make, they will be rounded up with the replies and dumped into the "Clearance Items" thread. And then we'll have to start clamping down on things. So resist the urge to go there, if only to ensure that your entertaining posts remain in this thread.

• If I might draw upon several years of experience in fringe-ish forums to impress upon the open-minded initiate that there is a nontrivial possibility that the following topics will lead to a general conflagration and a war of all against all, involving the some of the very same people active in this specific thread: politics, anthropocentric global warming and religion. If your posts have the unfortunate side-effect of triggering such a food fight, they will be rounded up with the replies and dumped into the "Clearance Items" thread. And then we'll have to start clamping down on things. So resist the urge to go there, if only to ensure that your entertaining posts remain in this thread.

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maximus culpa. I shall behave.

• May I talk about dogs and cats, both of which I love.

Oh my FSM, I have to stop posting. I just noticed that I am now an "Intermediate." Does that mean I have to act (note act, not be) grown up and mature and stop telling bad jokes. Oh noes, woe is me. Anyhow, going out of town for a few days so behave and don't do anything I wouldn't do. And there are damned few things I wouldn't do (or haven't done).

Edited once, last by woodworker: Saw I was now an intermediate and had to comment on that. Just had to. Because. ().

• I have one question for the Rossi believers. In the history of humanity since perhaps the stone age, has there ever been a product released in mass production that has worked via a mechanism unexplainable by the science as understood at the time? I know of products invented shortly after (tunnel diode, atomic bomb...) But usually an experiment or effect is studied then explained through new theories first. Am I wrong in thinking the rush to mass production before a working prototype is demonstrated is more a sign of a scam (for example Orbo)?

• Oh lets see..... how about the magnetic compass?... Using a 'lode stone' not knowing the principals involved many navigated the surface of a 'flat' earth....

or perhaps the use of a candle not fully understanding the physics of chemistry. Or perhaps even earlier, the use of a crude battery pile in jars that were possibly used to electroplate

gold upon iron and brass.

• Thanks JS. Those are great examples. Compasses and magnetism were developed and studied in ancient China. Yes, they didn't have Maxwell's equations but enough experience over the centuries to develop working devices. Fire was mastered quite a bit before candles and I would argue this was also an incremental improvement over thousands of years. Rossi's sudden ability to mass produce many commercial LENR reactors without a working prototype seems a little more sudden than candles and compasses. I still hope Rossi soon can demonstrate and replicate a LENR experiment, but until that happens I won't expect much from Rossi. I wasn't saying that the physics of the devices you mention was completely

understood at the time, or even now. It is just that they didn't come out of the blue in contradiction to the understanding at the time.

In the history of humanity since perhaps the stone age, has there ever been a product released in mass production that has worked via a mechanism unexplainable by the science as understood at the time?

Wind instruments? Boats? Food? Anaesthetics? LSD? Lithium as a medicine?

Also I don’t think Maxwells laws ‘explain’ magnetism, more ‘describe’ it?

• See me comment to THH above. I'm tired of replying to obviously impossible conditions. You suggest UL approval. You should know that requires production items to be supplied to UL and then takes years to approve. Seeing that production samples will only be available after production, that is ridiculous.

The bet is what it is. I have tried to be fair. To me it is now obvious that the skeptics are not as certain as they claim that Rossi has nothing

Adrian,

Exactly how long have you been retired?

UL approval does not take years, in can in Fact take weeks, IF, the product is a modified version of a previously “certificated” version, which Rossi says this is?

What kind of manufacturer would

“mass produce” any kind of electrical heating pressure vessel that can reach many thousands of degrees WITHOUT getting UL approval? If he builds a million of them and they can’t get UL approval he will have to re work ALL of them, that is madness.

However, I will waive the UL approval if it is that upsetting to you, but all other parameters stay, except Alan cannot be the adjudicator, he is to close to Rossi and could not possibly be objective.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.