Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• i'm still fascinated to hear how all the crew sitting at the finish line ready to light a cigar are OK to wait and support this massive secret development and get rossi toy out all over the world but shun ongoing discussion about "low heat" reaction that haft the planets top scientist are working to understand are criticized and dismissed by the same crew slitt waiting at this cigar lighting event. Please, tell me how this is ok with you that you are willing to shun open talking but support rossi plan at all cost?

Seiber,

You can not argue faith with the faithful.

Very few, (Alain Co. being an exception), have the stones to say “I was wrong, Rossi conned me and I wasn’t smart enough to see thru the conn”.

When he is finally exposed for all to see they will blame it in some massive government conspiracy, but under no circumstances will

they ever admit they were wrong.

• Official Post

Thx Roseland. When I first read of the problems with his AndreaRossi. com, I thought he may have been using that as an excuse to white wash his history of the parts that have no rational explanation. I was wrong though, as this part I have mentioned in the past has survived the "attack":

"Ever the entrepreneur, when Rossi discovered that silver and gold were obtained through the refining process, he began a jewelry business. That proved to be a mistake, because the government saw that as a form of tax evasion."

This was always one of the weak points of his story, to say the least...that his PetrolDragon biologic waste reactor, also processed gold and silver, leaving him no other option but to open a Jewelry Business to sell it. How convenient, as he was also accused of being the leader of a criminal Gold and Silver smuggling gang!

That part though is still in there, so I guess I owe Rossi an apology for thinking he orchestrated this. So how do you get gold and silver from living waste? And what happened to his Jewelry Business?

• You can not argue faith with the faithful.

Very few, (Alain Co. being an exception), have the stones to say “I was wrong, Rossi conned me and I wasn’t smart enough to see thru the conn”.

Some stubborn Rossi supporters just silently disappeared from the blogosphere (just to name a few from the ‘old days’: Daniel Maris, Greenwin, bachcole, Roger Bird, Methusela, ...).

It would not suprise me when they spread now on other blogs lots of rubbish and idiocy about other fringe topics, with the same firm conviction as they did for the e-cat.

Anyone who ever believed in Rossi’s claims / was supportive to the e-cat / has unfairly attacked the ones who pointed out the flaws in this e-cat farce, they should think twice whether they should ever promote fringe claims again.

• Some stubborn Rossi supporters just silently disappeared from the blogosphere (just to name a few from the ‘old days’: Daniel Maris, Greenwin, bachcole, Roger Bird, Methusela, ...).

It would not suprise me when they spread now on other blogs lots of rubbish and idiocy about other fringe topics, with the same firm conviction as they did for the e-cat.

Anyone who ever believed in Rossi’s claims / was supportive to the e-cat / has unfairly attacked the ones who pointed out the flaws in this e-cat farce, they should think twice whether they should ever promote fringe claims again.

Forty two,

To be sure, when I first heard of the Ecat, I was intrigued enough to start following it.

But soon, delay after delay forced a closer look, it then became obvious to me that Rossi was nothing more than a conman

• This Rossi supporter will say I was wrong if

it somehow ends up being a con.

Will you say you where wrong if A.R. Is

succesful with the Ecat?

• @ Shane D.,

Looks to me like Rossi may have piggybacked on Hagelstein's TE with his own "better" TE version. Then through the link, latched onto LENR and came up again with what everyone wanted...a better, high powered LENR reactor, the Ecat. He is quite the opportunist.

Let me understand, Shane.

This photo has been taken in August 2008 in Washington DC, when Rossi's involvement in the field was still unknown to the public.

iccf14.gif

It shows about two hundred people, a good representation of the LENR scientific community. On the web, you can find dozens of similar photos taken in some of the best resorts throughout three continents, along a period of 30 years. Many of these photos show the LENR scientists at restaurant tables, where they probably were talking about how they would save the Planet. In the first 2 decades, their activity did cost not less than 500 million dollars, mainly provided by public agencies, notwithstanding the LENR rejection by the mainstream science.

In the last decade, some of them have actively supported the reality of the Ecat performances, many others have publicly recognized the plausibility of those claims, and for a long time none of them has raised any major doubts about such incredible results. Thanks to this support (and silence) another 70 million dollars have been made available to the LENR community.

Could you explain why Rossi is *the* opportunist?

succesful with the Ecat?

1) of course. 2) what difference would it make to anyone? Does a multi-billion dollar business need believers? Does NASA need to convince the flakes who think the Moon landing was faked?

Sam mentioned the "QX" which from the demo, seems to be made out of paper clips, chewing gum, and spittle. (Actually, cheap parts from the Home Depot gardening section, assembled with copious use of low temp tape). Seriously, Sam, you think that what Rossi demonstrated is what a fusion reactor would look like? Methinks thou hast not been in labs and industrial factories muchly.

• In the first 2 decades, their activity did cost not less than 500 million dollars,

Where on earth did you get that number?!? It could not have been more than $50 to $100 million from all sources. That includes $10 million for the National Cold Fusion Institute, which published mainstream, peer-reviewed irrefutable proof that cold fusion is a real nuclear effect. If scientists had paid attention to that, every scientist on earth would know that cold fusion is real. That was money well spent! It was one of the most effective research projects in history.

Thanks to this support (and silence) another 70 million dollars have been made available to the LENR community.

From where???? Where is this $70 million? The only money I know of is for Texas Tech. from Bill Gates (supposedly) and it sure isn't as much as that.

• Where on earth did you get that number?!? It could not have been more than $50 to $100 million from all sources.

The $500 million have been estimated by Edmund Storms in "A Student’s Guide to Cold Fusion", April 2012, Table 1 at page 3 (1):

"COLD FUSION … Has been studied for 23 years using about $0.5 B."

From where???? Where is this $70 million?

The funds collected by IH for LENR research are reported in many places, as, for instance, by D.Weaver, June 6, 2016 (2):

"… where would LENR research be today without the ongoing IH investment to date of $70M into the field?"

(1) http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/StormsEastudentsg.pdf

(2) https://www.lenr-forum.com/for…t/?postID=23211#post23211

• Ed's estimate is far above any other I have seen. Fleischmann, McKubre and others with extensive knowledge of the field estimated much small numbers.

I cannot imagine I.H. put $70 million in. I saw their research and I probably know most of the people they supported. It was far less than that. I was grateful for it, but it wasn't $70 million.

In any case, if it had cost $70 billion it would be worth every penny. As I said, as early as 1990 the National Cold Fusion Institute (NCFI), SRI and others nailed it, proving beyond doubt that it is a real nuclear effect. That should have triggered an avalanche of funding and research. That would have cost billions, but which may well have resulted in an energy revolution. If you disagree, you probably have not reviewed the NCFI reports, and you probably don't know what you are talking about. You are wrong, anyway. Lots of people are wrong about cold fusion.

• This Rossi supporter will say I was wrong if

it somehow ends up being a con.

succesful with the Ecat?

Sam,

The Rossi supporter will never say he was wrong, he will say it was a conspiracy.

However,

I, as a lifelong engineer in the energy field, will rejoice in the opportunity to change the world.

I will also stand on a soapbox surrounded by Rossi supporters and say I was wrong,

and ask what cannI do to help.

• You are wrong, anyway. Lots of people are wrong about cold fusion.

When one believes that all others are wrong...

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Official Post

Sam,

Rossi was already "successful with the Ecat". Was not that what Doral, and his ensuing lawsuit against IH was all about? Rossi claimed it to be a great success...remember? A miraculous average COP of 83 over 1 year, almost 24/7. Very reliable according to the data on the "Penon Final Report". Then, after all that, he dumped it, because his customers wanted to wait for this QX thing...go figure.

As to your other question; if Rossi proves he has something more than Piantelli, and it is reliable, I will admit I was wrong. Never though, will I admit to being wrong about his dishonest, and deceitful personality. It's all there in the court documents.

• The hypothetical question of what skeptics will do if Rossi is successful is quite different from the hypothetical question of what believers will do if Rossi is a conman. The difference is that there could certainly be proof that the e-cat works. There are numerous ways such proof could be demonstrated to the satisfaction of the most demanding skeptic, although the chances of any of them happening is infinitesimal. On the other hand, there will never be proof that the e-cat doesn't work. No matter how many times Rossi's parlor tricks are revealed for what they are, believers will cry foul and eagerly await the next charade. So the Sams of the world will probably take their Rossi delusion to their graves.

• The hypothetical question of what skeptics will do if Rossi is successful is quite different from the hypothetical question of what believers will do if Rossi is a conman. The difference is that there could certainly be proof that the e-cat works. There are numerous ways such proof could be demonstrated to the satisfaction of the most demanding skeptic, although the chances of any of them happening is infinitesimal. On the other hand, there will never be proof that the e-cat doesn't work. No matter how many times Rossi's parlor tricks are revealed for what they are, believers will cry foul and eagerly await the next charade. So the Sams of the world will probably take their Rossi delusion to their graves.

The only proof that the Ecat works for me is

if the Ecat goes to market and there are

satisfied customers.

If I live another year and that has not happened I will say I was dillusional.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.