Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• sam12: there was a long-time Rossi believer named Daniel Maris who said the same things you do for years on end. Like clockwork, he would announce that if Rossi didn’t have a product on the market in 6 months or sometimes in a year, then he was done. But year after year, he decided to wait for the next amazing new version of the e-cat that bore no resemblance to the previous amazing version. I guess he finally did throw in the towel... or maybe he is still around with a new name.

• Official Post

The Doral court documents made it very clear Rossi has nothing close to what he claimed, if anything at all. They also *clearly* show him to be a very deceitful, dishonest person. However, there is still a somewhat reasonable argument to be made that he has a little something...mainly due his early years. Although, there are even some enticing tidbits in the court documents upon which I could build a decent defense of him on.

And also, as has been said here many times; there remain many well qualified researchers in Europe who hold a somewhat similar view of the man. What matters is not who, or who even what they believe in their personal life, so much as what their data says IMO.

• Official Post

Someday, Shane, perhaps you will be able to say that Rossi is a fraud and always has been without hedging your bets. And on that day, you will at last be a free man.

IO,

Rossi IS a fraud. I am being generous to him and those still believing in him, when I say he may have some small and unreliable effect....similar to Piantelli. Even giving him that, he lied. Whatever though the case may be, if someone is in the lab doing the research, who cares what they think? It is their results that we are interested in.

• Yes, Rossi is a fraud who may have had something despite that. Being a fraud, or deeply dishonest, or exploitative does not preclude being right about a technical claim. Or right about one claim and an outrageous liar about another. As I have often mentioned, Edison was a piece of work in some ways, and some of his demos were dubious, but he was a real inventor.

• It is obvious that people who are convinced that LENR is a real phenomenon tend to want to say that Rossi may have something afterall. I don’t undestand why that is the case. Particularly with respect to Rossi’s most recent demonstrations, what reason is to think that whatever the heck he is doing has anything to do with LENR as it has been observed by others. It seems to me that the only connection to LENR is that Rossi claims that’s what his sprinkler parts are doing. Why believe it regardless of what you think about LENR in general? It seems like even the most ardent LENR follower should have no problem concluding that Rossi has never had anything interesting going on in his magic boxes.

The only proof that the Ecat works for me is

if the Ecat goes to market and there are

satisfied customers.

So you don't believe in neutrinos or quasars or the LHC (Large Hadron Collider) or "high" temperature superconductivity because you can't buy one at Home Depot?

Actually, if that experiment in which Darden compared a fueled to an unfueled reactor by accident had worked and the fueled reactor had made a lot of energy, everyone would believe Rossi.

It seems that you have no idea at all why skeptics are so sure that Rossi is a fraud. Clues: it isn't hatred, it isn't fear, it isn't jealousy, it isn't most things Rossi supporters think it is. It's simply facts. It's lack of good enough evidence, lack of independent replication, Rossi's long collection of lies, errors, and contradictions, and not to forget that Rossi was a criminal in Italy, no matter what he claims about it on his web site. None of this has anything to with the ecat not having reached the market.

Yes, Rossi is a fraud who may have had something despite that. Being a fraud, or deeply dishonest, or exploitative does not preclude being right about a technical claim. Or right about one claim and an outrageous liar about another. As I have often mentioned, Edison was a piece of work in some ways, and some of his demos were dubious, but he was a real inventor.

Sure he was a real inventor. In the sense that Madoff was a real investor. Maybe what Rossi is doesn't "preclude being right about a technical claim" but it sure lowers the expectation. And after all these years and all the evidence of fraud on the part of Rossi, those expectations should not be noticeably above zero.

Anonymous May 8, 2018 at 9:27 AM

Did you find all the components of the Ecat QX circuitry off the shelf, or your team had to invent some that does not exist off the shelf?

Invented components (of circuitry) not off the shelf...

One of those could be the resistor?

• Official Post

Since the beginning of my Interest, unlike Defkalion who looked corrects until Milan demo, Rossi looked very "strange".

As I said at that time "I would not lend my bike to him, but...".

Anyway the trust of some people raised a "plausible deniability" of many abusive behaviors.

He managed all the time to produce no definitive evidence, so coherently that while in good mood I imagined it may just be a strategy, hiding a selfish greediness and huge industrialization problems he was hiding to us.

Later when IH started to cooperate and support him publicly I estimated they did a minimal due diligence... it was a wrong heuristic, as it seems they just paid to see the cards.

Doral was a circus that proved there was nothing to see.

The only "plausible deniability" excuse, when you don't fall into desperate conspiracy theories like "the window", is that rossi tried to detter IH while not intelligent enough to understand that with the 100Mn of US license he could just develop an EU strategy and win billions...

My Occam's Razor is that like Defkalion, and probably like few other "forever near industrialization of fantastic performance", is just fooling investors, and supporters.

Fraudsters destroy credibility of real LENR research.

• sam12: there was a long-time Rossi believer named Daniel Maris who said the same things you do for years on end. Like clockwork, he would announce that if Rossi didn’t have a product on the market in 6 months or sometimes in a year, then he was done. But year after year, he decided to wait for the next amazing new version of the e-cat that bore no resemblance to the previous amazing version. I guess he finally did throw in the towel... or maybe he is still around with a new name.

It is going to be interesting over the next few

months.

1. Frank Acland May 8, 2018 at 2:02 PM

Dear Andrea,

If possible, could you confirm or not confirm my interpretation of the current situation.

1) You are currently working in one location in the USA?

2) You have started to build a production system?

3) The production system is designed to build 1 kW E-Cat QX Modules?

4) You have not yet started producing the modules in the system (too early)?

5) The production system you are building will have the capacity to build 100,000 1 kW Modules over the course of one year?

6) If the production system works well, and if sales are strong enough, you can duplicate the production system to increase capacity?

Thank you and best wishes,

Frank Acland

2. Andrea Rossi May 8, 2018 at 2:41 PM

Frank Acland:

1- yes

2- yes

3- yes

4- exactly

5- yes

6- yes

Warm Regards,

A.R.

• Sam,

Frank Akland’s web site, ECW, is entirely dependent on Rossi supporters believing that The Ecat works.

Frank, like Alan, cannot ask Rossi for proofs of anything for fear of being castigated and put on the outside of all things Ecat. This is the reason why Frank’s questions are so inane and why Alan preferred to not even ask Rossi any questions when he attended the last demo.

Use your own instincts here, would you invest your own $$$$ with Andrea Rossi?

No reasonable person would.

The Ecat does not now and never has produced Energy Out > Energy. in,

Rossi is a fraud.

• Sam,

The MAJOR issue with the above is that you seem to believe it at face value.

Rossi has said the exact same thing about the original eCat 7 years ago...... no factory or production.

The hot cat.... no factory or production....

He has stated several times that he has "customers" and has sold up to 13 1mw plants.

The court documents, all under oath, show that Rossi has never had a production factory, has never had any customers in the true sense of the word. (JM Products, being 100% Rossi himself, is not a legitimate customer)

Rossi has lied and lied often. The court depositions prove it. His own posts prove it.

Yes, you can wait a few months and you will find out..... just as many here have been watching for 7+ years. No eCat.

Remember... Rossi sued for $89 Million Dollars, stating that the 1MW Doral eCat plant ran for 340+ days producing close to 1MW of heat. Sued for $89 million on a device that he dropped himself immediately!

All one has to do is read the court documents, that were given under oath. Rossi lies and lies all the time. Why do you think he is not lying to Frank?

He has said it ALL before, on multiple occasions and it was untrue every time. Why is now different? What evidence do you have to the contrary?

Fool me once, shame on you... fool me twice... shame on me!

• Sure he was a real inventor. In the sense that Madoff was a real investor.

Madoff was a real investor. He made tons of money legitimately starting in the 1960s, and he was given important jobs on Wall Street. Later he began to steal money. So he was both a real investor and a crook.

When you say "he" do you mean Edison? I do not think any historian doubts he was a real inventor. Some people say he was not a real inventor because of the way he treated Tesla, his business partners, and other badly.That is not a valid criterion. A good inventor can be a bad person who treats other people unfairly. Some people look at his exaggerated claims, or they point out that people were making incandescent lights 20 years before Edison began working on them. They say he did not invent anything; he just stole other people's ideas. That is an exaggeration. Everyone knew that incandescent lights had been developed in the 1850s by Moses Farmer and others. Edison never denied that. He said he would make them practical and make them work in parallel rather than serial circuits. That is what he did. People who say he only stole ideas have not studied his work closely.

All inventors and all scientists borrow ideas, steal ideas, and build on the work of others.

Blanket statements dismissing the likes of Edison are greatly exaggerated. They are comic-book history. Real people such as Edison are complicated. In popular culture they may be portrayed as pure-of-heart heroes, or villains, but it is never that simple. Edison himself contributed to the confusion because he resembled Steve Jobs in that he was very good at public relations and projecting an image. He knew what the American public wanted him to be: an aw-shucks country farm boy with a talent for tinkering. He had a rural accent, he chewed tobacco and he wore dirty, ragged clothes -- looking like a Bowery Bum. Kind of the way Jobs wore a black turtleneck shirt. Edison was no farm boy. He hated the countryside. He was complex person and a genius with incredible powers of recall and analysis who knew Shakespeare plays, chemistry, and many other subjects backwards and forwards.

See the Edison biography "A Stroke of Luck" for details.

• Rossi IS a fraud. I am being generous to him and those still believing in him, when I say he may have some small and unreliable effect....similar to Piantelli. Even giving him that, he lied.

Oh yes, very similar effect. I would say he have an effect identical to those of all other LENR researchers. It's impossible to make any distinction, as JR wrote (1): "You would have to make this: Rossi lies, and so do Focardi, Levi, E&K, everyone at Defkalion, and all of the others who have observed this cell and other Ni cells in operation."

The only difference is that Rossi showed to LENR professionals how to raise the bluff level from the lab scale to the industrial one. Thanks to his PR skill, the cold fusion R&D got the largest single funding in its history.

I really can't understand why everyone here is blaming Rossi. LENR believers should thank him for having provided the field with dozens of M$. LENR deniers should also thank Rossi for having highlighted how farcical it was a research that wasted hundreds of M$ of private and public money.

(1) https://www.mail-archive.com/v…@eskimo.com/msg48064.html

• 17 minutes ago

Alan Smith wrote:

Quote There are plenty of threads for discussing Rossi. This is not one of them.

Russ George:

Quote No number of blowhard armchair trolls is worth one iota of real data, so what is your point. Rossi has shown plenty of interesting data that speaks to those skilled in the art.

I will not reply in deference to our hosts.

(bites tongue!)

Commercial Photography

(Above emphasis mine)

I find this so amazing! I know nothing of Mr. George. I have followed Rossi for several years. I have read almost all of the court depositions. I have for years read Rossi's blatant falsehoods and deceptions.

I have review what very little actual data he has published, publicly at least.

The Penon report? Laughable. Surely someone "skilled in the art" can surely see this! Completely absurd! Especially when one has reviewed the court documents.

Lugano? At first it looked extremely interesting. Now that we know Rossi ran the test, the professors were rarely there AND that the measurements are almost certainly in error... this data certainly speaks to me... of misdirection and ineptitude.

Customers? JM Products? This speaks to me as clear out and out fraud!

Heat exchanger? It speaks of out and out lies and cover up.

The "Stockholm" demo? Absolutely meaningless!

His plastic sprinkler parts are withstanding 1000C heat? The input power requires more cooling than the reactor output! Yes, even I am skilled enough to know that demo was only interesting in how Rossi still gets fans to fawn over him! No scientific basis in that demo at all. Zero!

The QuarkX? tunable light? Electricity generation? Direct thrust? Reached a temperature of 10,000C? 5 Sigma capable? (Of what? Rossi has NEVER SAID!)

Yes, interesting, but only in a pathological way! :rolleyes:

So I must ask WHAT data has Rossi ever provided that has been even remotely verified that an experienced, skilled in the arts person would call valid and real?

So does Alan Smith and Russ George have data from Rossi that we do not? What do they base their continued support of Rossi's accomplishments on? I truly hope it is more than what Rossi has presented publicly!

If their conclusions are not based upon more and better data than what we have publicly seen, then I am afraid it greatly diminishes my estimation of either gentlemen's capability of evaluating data, test setup and subterfuge!

I therefore truly hope they have more factual information than I do! I wish they could share it if they have it! If they do not, then they really need to evaluate their position concerning the "plenty of interesting (Rossi) data".

I wish both Alan and Mr. George the best. I wish them success and fortune. I also hope that they do not view Rossi through the proverbial "rose colored glasses", because he certainly is no rose!

• Sam12,

There is no point to “kick against the pricks” Any positive comment about Rossi is their sole food. They gave up on original thought some years ago.

His forum is kept alive by the largely anonymous Rossi critics who are certain Rossi is a fraud, with nothing (although not sure enough to bet on it.) Now that my independent information that Rossi is building a factory is slowly being confirmed, it follows that the chances that he has something has reached 50%.

If Rossi does start production of working reactors, it follows that there is a 50% chance this forum will die. It is too late for the main commenters to turn themselves inside out, their record over the years is there for all to see.

Banning those who are not anti Rossi, like myself and Sifferkoll, because contrary opinion annoys the moderator, has stifled any real discussion.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.