Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• Entry level test for the ABB robotized line... How is it possible to get a COP> 1 (six or more) from a resistor?

I might be able do that with a standard alumina resistor and the Lugano IR Protocol. Maybe not a 6, but probably a 2 to 3 easily.

They are nice and rectangular and un-ribbed, so the math is easy. I think they fail before they glow, though.

Worth a try. I have a bunch, and they are cheap.

To be conservative, I might even ignore convection!

• Some of those how wattage "sand" power resisters have a "backside" that is a different color (think emissivity) than the label side with the black marking. So if you use a control to compare outputs with the IR be sure you have them so different sides are up. :)

• This way? :

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Some of those how wattage "sand" power resisters have a "backside" that is a different color (think emissivity) than the label side with the black marking. So if you use a control to compare outputs with the IR be sure you have them so different sides are up. :)

I guess I will buy some Aremco 634_AL anyways.

I can test for a difference in the apparent temperature on the resistor insert-fill side of the case to detect if emissivity varies significantly, though.

• Official Post

Thanks to Bang for posting this on the German thread. I put it here because in it, Essen....one the Swedes at Ferrara/Lugano, and a few 2011 tests, still believes Rossi has something. Even after Doral and the Stockholm IVA (DPS) he, and apparently all the others, stay loyal. That is very interesting. These are very smart people. To bad they refuse to explain why.

https://translate.google.com/t…orenen-schatzes%2F1564692

• Thanks to Bang for posting this on the German thread. I put it here because in it, Essen....one the Swedes at Ferrara/Lugano, and a few 2011 tests, still believes Rossi has something. Even after Doral and the Stockholm IVA (DPS) he, and apparently all the others, stay loyal. That is very interesting. These are very smart people. To bad they refuse to explain why.

https://translate.google.com/t…orenen-schatzes%2F1564692

I do find this fairly odd.

Dr. Essen was apparently part or a "Skeptics Society". He of all people, should know the importance of transparency.

So he makes a comment that he still believes, but keeps absolutely silent to proper questions, asked by qualified people, in a proper forum. This seems extremely odd.

I am not accusing Dr. Essen of anything. I know literally nothing about him.

I just have to encourage him to come forth with his reasons! As a member of a "skeptics society", surely he must fully understand the importance of peer review.

To the Rossi faithful, I am not talking about him answering to this forum. But to those qualified and experienced individuals such as Dr. Mckubre. To my knowledge, none of the professors responded to ANY one, even after they stated they would.

Strange indeed.

• I think COP 2 or 3 is enough.

Currently I'm very busy watching the video "How to Produce Heat Energy" before to give a look to QX demonstration (IVA) in Stockholm... with the aim to discover the Ecat secret.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• There is no indication in this article that the questions asked of Essen were recent. The mention of a ground cable in the suggests that these are very old comments from Essen.

From the translation:

"A renowned scientist who does not want to imply that he is too good-faith. When asked in writing, Essén left no doubt that his colleagues and he had extensively reviewed the device and could not detect any manipulation.

Independently tested?

For example, it would have been ruled out, according to the physicist, that additional energy would be fed into the system via the grounding cable, as critics later noted."

• There is no indication in this article that the questions asked of Essen were recent. The mention of a ground cable in the suggests that these are very old comments from Essen.

[...]

To clarify:

I posted that article with some comments, in German.

"In der (seriösen) deutschen Presse gibt es nur sehr selten Artikel über LENR/Kalte Fusion.

Am 14.05.2018 gab es mal wieder einen:"

-> In the (reputable) German press there are only very rare articles about LENR / Cold Fusion.

On 14.05.2018 there was again one:

"der Redakteur ist also nicht gerade auf dem neuesten Stand. [...]"

->The writer of that article is not up to date

"im Grunde nichts Neues und auch, meiner Meinung nach, nicht sehr gut recherchiert."

->basically nothing new and also, in my opinion, not very well researched.

That fits your and the others opinion.

• As for the resistors, I will series up either two or four, and assemble them in a block, with the fill sides facing internal.

I may have to use higher resistance than 1 ohm resistors, because 1 ohm (2 or 4 ohms when assembled in a block) will be a bit low resistance by itself for the power supply.

Two resistors back-to-back will probably be best for surface area, or they will likely overheat too quickly to learn much.

I have a large selection of 10 W resistors, anyways.

Edit: Like so:

Thermocouple held on by Kanthal wire that also holds the resistors together, on the lead end. The other end has the resistor leads twisted for series connection and for holding the resistors together.

Sort of elegant...

The thermocouple is for comparison to the IR, and as a backup so I know at what temperature the resistors fail at (which they almost inevitably will, abused like this).

• ABB baby robot practicing problem solving.

When it is fully trained it will help Rossi build E-kittens.

I guess Rossi builds his factory with cheaper ‘robots’: 8o

External Content youtu.be

• Resistor Test 1 completed. Resistor pair failure at 94 W in (includes power supply triac, etc. losses), just after the temperature stabilized.

Very uneven heat characterized by huge discrepancy between IR at E = 1.0 and thermocouple temp (data logged), and obvious during the glow period just before failure.

I can match the IR location to the TC better in future. However, data is data. Note the re-iterative (using Plot 1, Lugano report) temps climbing massively in the raw data sheet below.

The previous temperature was fed into the Plot 1, leading to the new temperature to the right, in brackets next to the respective emissivity setting.

It is hard to tell from the images, but the pair of resistors were suspended by the AC input wires, about 3.5 cm above the brick. The IR pyrometer was centered in the middle with a ~1 cm detection spot.

Amps and Watts by Kill-A-Watt. I haven't tried to reconcile the resistance yet with the nominal 16 ohms used.

• About Essen skill in past measures...

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.