Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• Official Post

Those who have not jumped to a conclusion, feel the evidence is not strong enough to decide and will wait and see what happens. There is no point in trying to convince us we are wrong, as this position is quite valid no matter what the outcome.

OK Adrian, I won't try to convince you. But I will ask if you think his plan to sell a black box heat factory to customers in the US and Sweden, that will be controlled from his headquarters, is practical? Is there some precedence with this arrangement?

• OK Adrian, I won't try to convince you. But I will ask if you think his plan to sell a black box heat factory to customers in the US and Sweden, that will be controlled from his headquarters, is practical? Is there some precedence with this arrangement?

I think it was a brilliant idea to sell heat in order to reduce the risk and expense to his customers.

Controlling the reactors remotely has its risks but allows Rossi to monitor the first few reactors and delay the release of his IP. I suspect the patent situation is dodgy.

I don't see a problem with the idea of selling heat to large customers, rather like the Utility companies do. It will have to evolve to something else for domestic E-Cat sales and for use in things like vehicles when that time comes.

• Adrian, we should pay attention to your advice about not jumping to conclusions in the absence of any hard evidence. Clearly, you are a renowned expert practitioner in the field.

Organizations like OECD, EPRI, GRI and the World Bank have paid me to evaluate projects, so I do have expertise in R&D, and the design and construction of manufacturing facilities.

Unlike you, who are so certain you have the answers, I don't claim any special expertise in LENR.

• Adrian, no doubt you are the world's foremost expert in numerous topics. We are fortunate to have you here. However, you also accept everything that Rossi says as factual, which makes you the most credulous person I have ever encountered including most small children. I am not certain that I have the answers, but at least I am capable of questioning preposterous things, which appears to be totally beyond you.

• One more thing, Adrian. I don't claim to have expertise in LENR. Just another of your knee-jerk straw man arguments. Quite the contrary: I know virtually nothing about LENR. Despite Jed's insistence that I am not allowed to say this: I don't even have a real opinion about LENR. But one can never have even heard of LENR to be quite certain that Rossi is a pathological liar and all it takes is grade-school logic to realize that he can't possibly have done the things he has claimed to over the years, many of which are completely self-contradictory. Perhaps you missed out on some elementary concepts while you were busy being incredibly knowledgeable and gifted in multiple advanced disciplines.

• Despite Jed's insistence that I am not allowed to say this: I don't even have a real opinion about LENR. But one can never have even heard of LENR to be quite certain that Rossi is a pathological liar

I have no objection whatever to people saying they have no real opinion about LENR. Or Meiji era literature. Or baseball, or anything else. What I object to are people who say, "I have no opinion about LENR but I am sure it is wrong." No opinion means no opinion. You have offered many opinions about LENR that you could only hold if you know something about the subject. Suppose we are talking about Meiji era literature and you say: "I think Soseki is overrated and I don't believe his books are autobiographical." It would make no sense for you to then claim you have never heard of Soseki and you have never read any of his books, so no one should challenge your opinion. Complete ignorance of the subject is not a Get Out of Jail Free card. It is not an excuse to say anything you like.

As for Rossi, anyone can see he is a pathological liar from the lawsuit testimony. You could skip all of the technical material and read only his testimony relating to business, and you will see he is a liar. So you don't need to know anything about the technical claims, or science in general. However, if you do know these things, you will see that he is a pathological liar about them, as well. This is clear from the Penon report, for example. This report also shows that he could not have had any excess heat.

As I recall, Ashfield and some other Rossi supporters refuse to read this report, even though Rossi himself wrote it and posted it as proof of his claims. I think this shows that at some level, these people know Rossi is a liar. They cannot bear to see proof of this. Whatever their motivation, it is peculiar that they will not look at what Rossi himself presents as the best evidence for his claims. It is as if I refused to read papers by McKubre or Storms.

• No man always tells the truth and no man is a absolute prevaricator.

The job is to tell what is the truth and what is not true. This goes for Rossi. He does not always tell the truth but he also never tells only lies.

• Unlike your position, I can't be wrong -however it turns out.

Adrian, logically, that is indisputable.

But for somone taking a truly agnostic and uncommitted view you seem unexpectedly one-sided in how you report Rossi-fan castigation of IH, and everyone else pointing out that Rossi is a liar and serial fraud (in the sense that he has lied to business partners in ways that cost them money).

I'd also point out, in that comparison, that there is no evidence for IH being anything other than bravely incautious dealing with a trickster. Whereas the above statement about Rossi is justified in black and white from Rossi's own statements.

I'd judge your posts here as closet Rossi-fan. With the door half open.

• Adrian, logically, that is indisputable.

But for somone taking a truly agnostic and uncommitted view you seem unexpectedly one-sided in how you report Rossi-fan castigation of IH, and everyone else pointing out that Rossi is a liar and serial fraud (in the sense that he has lied to business partners in ways that cost them money).

I'd also point out, in that comparison, that there is no evidence for IH being anything other than bravely incautious dealing with a trickster. Whereas the above statement about Rossi is justified in black and white from Rossi's own statements.

I'd judge your posts here as closet Rossi-fan. With the door half open

1. I report new information when I see it. That doesn't mean I necessarily believe it. I don't find IH's position any more convincing than Rossi's. Their position was not adjudicated in court, it was he says, she says. I object to the very repetitive ad hominem attacks on Rossi who is not here to defend himself.

2. Many of the things the critic's quote have been shown to be wrong. The flow meter and the pump capacity have not held up. (Jed spare me the multi-page reply, it has all been said already.) Also, as you repeat, that IH lost so much money to Rossi: seems to me they got more back from Woodford as a result of Rossi's work.

3 I don't think there is much doubt that LENR is real. I think Rossi has produced excess heat on many occasions, although the quantity may not be as high as claimed. Others, such as Parkhomov, have replicated it.

4. Virtually nothing is known of the design of the QX or Sk reactors. It makes no sense that Rossi would continue working on it for so long unless he believed he had something. I have no reason to doubt that he has new financial investment and people prepared to do that ted not to be stupid. Obviously it is silly to pontificate on whether commercial QX works as claimed, or the status of the factory, without better evidence, This doesn't stop the critics from babbling. My current opinion is increasingly in Rossi's favor , but I DON"T KNOW and will wait and see.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.