Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• Sam,

Not sure you are doing Rossi any favors comparing his Ecat to Starlite. If Maurice Ward had something, he took it to his grave. IMO that seems to be Rossi's game plan also. The two of them will have the best kept secret in the cemetery.

To be honest i had not researched Starlite Shane D.

Interesting fellow.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The Robert Kearns invention story

can’t be beat in my books.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Kearns

• Rossi does not portray himself as a genius.

OK, but you just postulated the "Rossi as Genius" explanation regarding why his behavior "doesn't make sense to those of us on the other side of the curtain".

I'm pointing out that this tortured explanation should be discarded in favor of the obvious explanation that Rossi is a con man (on the other side of the "conning curtain").

Adding further evidence to this, is this new statement that Rossi doesn't claim to be a genius. So, I guess we can agree that Rossi is no genius. BUT- remember that Rossi's lawsuit tried to implicate IH as tarnishing his reputation in order to prevent him from being nominated for the Nobel Prize. (What a hoot!) I still don't know whether he really is that narcissistic or whether he saw it as a stunt to hype his lawsuit.

Either way, this then allows us to connect the dots regarding his habitually fraudulent behavior: Rossi is all con-man, no real science, no magic energy production.

• @ sigmoidal

Is this video starting from minute 9:46 ?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Yes!! Thanks for providing. I've wasted a lot of time trying to find this.

• Let’s give credit to Sam12 for being a Rossi believer who is not angry and bitter and lashing out at all apostates who won’t drink Rossi’s Koolaid. Apparently, he is of a mind that since it would be really great if the e-cat was real, one should believe that it is regardless of any evidence to the contrary. To each his own.

• Official Post

Rossi says "It is 770 watt hours per hour" and at the end explains to Focardi the different comma system in the US

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=3.5Ampere+x+220Volt+%3D

http://www.wolframalpha.com/in…%22+-%3E+%22ClashPrefs%22

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=4,906.1+%2F+770%3D

Rossi spends at least 5 minutes in an amateurish manner going through an extremely simple power calculation (P=V*I) on a white board, while Focardi impatiently watches.

sigmoidal - Just to understand it, what is actually wrong with Rossis calculation ?

• sigmoidal - Just to understand it, what is actually wrong with Rossis calculation ?

Rends I see nothing wrong with Rossi's accuracy in the calculations (given the assertions, which I don't accept for other reasons). It's simply obvious (to me at least), that this video shows Rossi's capacity to calculate with all the speed of a glacier in Winter, coupled with an unusually intense focus on the mundane. It's a video of Rossi working really hard to solve a simple high school physics problem. This does not indicate "genius" behavior, nor is it reflective of anyone with even an intermediate knowledge and practice of physics or engineering. Which was the point of my response to the original post by sam12.

• Official Post

Rends There is nothing wrong with Rossi's accuracy. It's simply obvious (to me at least), that this video shows Rossi's capacity to calculate with all the speed of a glacier in Winter, coupled with an unusually intense focus on the mundane. Not "genius" behavior, or reflective of anyone with even an intermediate knowledge and practice of physics or engineering. Which was the point of the response to the original post by sam12.

So he is a slow witted genius?

LF will be around a long time since LENR can never be proven wrong

Neither can flying pigs be proved not to exist. That doesn't change their improbability. Good clean data by methods most scientists will agree on about said pigs and convincing long duration flight tests would change it. Hint, hint.

So he [Rossi] is a slow witted genius?

Didn't Jay Leno use to do bits on "stupid criminals?"

Plus, of course, everything Sigmoidal said.

• Rends I see nothing wrong with Rossi's accuracy in the calculations (given the assertions, which I don't accept for other reasons). It's simply obvious (to me at least), that this video shows Rossi's capacity to calculate with all the speed of a glacier in Winter, coupled with an unusually intense focus on the mundane. It's a video of Rossi working really hard to solve a simple high school physics problem. This does not indicate "genius" behavior, nor is it reflective of anyone with even an intermediate knowledge and practice of physics or engineering. Which was the point of my response to the original post by sam12.

sig,

Plus the most obvious.

Rossi would never subject himself to a live video broadcast of him doing some calculations without 1st preparing beforehand to make absolutely sure he got everything correct.

This was a rehearsed commercial and he still struggled mightily.

Focardi looks embarrassed to be part of it

• Sig: But it's not like his curtains have never been pulled back. He's been exposed numerous times for anyone willing to see. He had steam dribble out a hose (when it wasn't going to a hole in the wall to drain out), when it should have been screaming high velocity steam based on his claims. He had isotopic ash that was pure Ni62 (obviously 'salted'). He had a "reactor" with no "secret sauce" demonstrating the same output power as "reactors" with his secret sauce (exposed due to confusion over the position of the number 9 being confused with 6 painted on the "reactor").

Shane: So is he a slow-witted genius?

just to add to Sig's list: he took to a meeting with Hydrofusion (who were willing to invest in him marketing his reactor in Europe, and could have done this independently of the separate agreement with IH in the US) a device which Hydrofusion correctly measured as a plain electric water heater.

Rossi insisted that it worked, measuring it himself with average RMS meters.

This is actually worse than a slow-witted but educable non-genius. It is somone totally out of their depth in the simple technical measurements needed to validate whether such devices are actually work, who is unwilling to correct wrong ideas or admit mistakes. or it is a fraud who tries to obtain money on false pretences. take your pick.

So the idea that Rossi operates as an idiot savant entrepeneurial master-mind making inventions from scientists actually work does not fly either. He has proven himself good at generating false positives from measurements, and refusing to admit they are false positives.

And, as shown by sam12, adrian, a few others, he has shown himself absolute master of the Con. We have Shane to thank for originally posting here the very revealing blog from a Rossi wannabe admirer detailing how he was a great talker, at home in smart cafes, exuding passion and sincerity, seemingly a great intellectual mind.

• Top of his class at Bologna Uni - in fact a distinuished student - though not in physics.

Yes, he seems to be a natural philosopher good at BS and sounding like a deep thinker. It requires a quick mind, is a fun thing to be, and fun to listen to, but not the same as technical competence of any sort. Alas many people think it is.

Philosophers would say their subject is not BS, and that may be true, but it is a very different type of thought from anything in physics or engineering. Were I a philosopher I'd also point out that Rossi has no credentials there beyond fluency as a taught student.

• And, as shown by sam12, adrian, a few others, he has shown himself absolute master of the Con. We have Shane to thank for originally posting here the very revealing blog from a Rossi wannabe admirer detailing how he was a great talker, at home in smart cafes, exuding passion and sincerity, seemingly a great intellectual mind

TH

Can we agree if Rossi is successful in the Market with the Ecat that Adrian

and me where right about Rossi.

If he is not successful then Shane and you

got it right about Rossi.

Regards

Sam

• There is a large asymmetry here. A year from now, if Rossi has multiple commercial units placed with customers and these units are producing more energy than they they receive then THHuxelynew (and I, and others) would say you were right. But if, a year from now, this has not happened then you will find a way to convince yourself that Rossi still has something real and instead of saying that THH is right you will just say that one has to wait a little longer. After all, that is the state you are in right now. Why should you change?

Is there a reason that you consider this to be Rossi's last chance to convince people?

• Sam,

As I have said many, many times before,

IF, Rossi introduces an LENR product that produces Energy Out > Energy In, than absolutely, you and Adrian and everyone else will be correct and I will be wrong.

I will be the 1st to say it and also will revel in

a new world of incredible opportunities.

“However”, (and as you get older Sam, you will realize there is always a “However”),

based on my experiences, others experiments and observations, I do not believe it’s gonna happen.

• Sam, anybody with half a brain would admit they were wrong if Rossi actually ended up being proven to have something of value. The real question is what would it take to make you realize that he doesn’t? He will always say that he does and it appears as if that is all it takes to convince you.

• Official Post

I believe he does have 'something', or if not he should have. Early guidance from Focardi and Piantelli must have been a big help. And you only have to see what is on the program at ICCF to see how much Rossi has renewed interest in Ni/H systems. Alternatively talk to people who have been studying and working on cold fusion for decades and you will soon learn how many of them believe Rossi has 'something' too.

• The thing is, if you have studied and worked on cold fusion for decades, you have a pretty good idea of what CF reactors are like. Each successive incarnation of the e-cat has diverged more and more from any other reported system to the point where there is no resemblance whatsoever. By contending that Rossi is working with random junk, one is not necessarily saying anything about cold fusion in general. We know nothing about the latest and greatest e-cat other than what can be gleaned from meaningless photos. It seems quite reasonable to contend that whatever it is in the pile of sprinkler parts and mystery boxes, it has nothing to do with cold fusion.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.