Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• That is a great photo! Notice it is an international exchange. I wonder when it was taken? The clothing and equipment looks like it is from the 1930s. From 1927 to 1956, the only transatlantic calls were by shortwave radio. There were only a few channels. Perhaps this was the only exchange they needed.

In 1956 AT&T laid TAT-1, the first undersea transatlantic telephone cable. It could carry 35 conversations. Telegraph cables were much easier, for reasons explained by Heaviside.

Yes, it saves the customer the up front cost of buying the reactors.

It is easy enough to measure the heat transport fluid and calculate the heat transferred. They already do that for electric power. If the customer can halve his heating bill, why not?

I need heat for my new cabin in the Rocky Mountains. I hope Rossi has long tubes and they are well insulated. Eventually, I'd like to use ecat heat in space and undersea. Those will require an especially long tubing run.

• Official Post

Lewis Larsen produced a slideshare about Edward J Beiting presentation of the experiment made at The Aerospace Corporation, repeating experiments in japan.

https://www.slideshare.net/lew…-heat-results-june-6-2018

As usual it is good salesman job, and the page 5-15 gives key facts on this experiment.

Maybe a good preparation before reading the paper.

• That sounds pretty inefficient, and I wonder if the slow response to demand, will chew up any cost savings from the cheap energy provided?

Shane,

Use some imagination. The QX reactors are bundled , each module has its own control. The control allows the output to be changed from 0 - 100%.

Depending on the contract the operation should be fully automatic with a control loop looking at the actual heat being used. Within the contract range the customer doesn't have to do anything.

I don't know the details of the QX of course but I imagine the external control would be to monitor the performance of the reactors, switch some on or off and make sure it was safe. If the customer needs to alter his intake of heat beyond the contract range he would make a call to Leonardo.

I see the babblers are out in force and demonstrate they know nothing about industrial control systems. They think anything Rossi does must be wrong.

• Read again my published article shortly after the demo.

Rossi wanted to show the properties of the QX to the general population and attract financial backing in order to build a production facility. As I wrote, some measurements were considered secret and were not shown BUT it would be simple for a financial backer to make them during due diligence.

Unless you are not brighter than Dave Barry's dog. you would understand that your speculation of fraud is silly in these circumstances. It would make more sense for you to argue that Rossi failed to get financial backers, but you have no evidence for that either.

It would also have been simple for Rossi to measure the power going into his control box in Stockholm without giving away any secrets. He justified not doing this by saying his control box needed further development. I can't remember if he explicitly said it wasn't very efficient or just implied that.

No electronic engineers were fooled in the making of the Stockholm demo.

• imagination is all we’ve been using for the last 7 years, sorry none left.

• He has, on the record, behaved in ways that appear fraudulent towards IH, lying in order to obtain money. Such a pity (for us, though not IH) he chickened out of the Court case after IH lawyer's (damning) initial statement and before he was due to give evidence and be cross-examined.

Rossi did not chicken out of Court Case.

Him and his Lawyers came up with a sensible settlement for both sides.

Rossi did not chicken out of Court Case.

Him and his Lawyers came up with a sensible settlement for both sides.

Rossi sued IH for $89 million plus triple punitive damages or about $356 million. He took nothing in the settlement except the rights to technology he soon after said was entirely obsolete.

Meanwhile, he still has a fan in Lion, apparently.

Lion on e-catworld.com 3 days ago

Hi Max Nozin,
    no offense taken Max, but if you are calling me Rossi 2, then I will get the hat and T-shirt and wear it with Pride, such is my RESPECT for the Great Man.

and a month ago:

I believe that to remain strong Andrea must only do what he is comfortable with, that way fewer mistakes as he is so thorough anyway.
    Other players there will be for sure whatever he does, and many of them have vast resources. It is for this reason that I HOPE his financial backers seeing these developments in LENR will fully commit to him and provide all the money and support he needs to complete his task.
    In my opinion he thoroughly deserves this full commitment from them.

• I believe that to remain strong Andrea must only do what he is comfortable with, that way fewer mistakes as he is so thorough anyway.

Good advice. Unfortunately Rossi is not comfortable with experimental controls (controls are not necessary) or 3-phase electricity (he thinks poles go both ways so phase does not matter) or steam (Rossi disconcerted by lack of steam from his demo) or power measurement (average meters on non-sinmusoid waveform, and in another example attempting to measure power from a single voltage as V2/R).

Whilst I'm sure Rossi is comfortable talking, and a fluent and superficially impressive speaker, his domain of comfort does not seem to include the skills needed to conduct good experiments.

Why anyone thinks he might have discovered LENR is beyond me. He certainly lacks the expertise to check whether he has done this!

• or steam (Rossi disconcerted by lack of steam from his demo)

He was NOT disconcerted by the lack of steam during the NASA demo. But the NASA people were. The reactor was plugged up; there was no pressure release valve, and no steam. The NASA people unplugged the hose and still no steam. The whole group, including Rossi, made a quick exit.

• Why anyone thinks he might have discovered LENR is beyond me. He certainly lacks the expertise to check whether he has done this!

I have a hard time not believing that AR has discover LENR when i read these comments

between Stephen and Frank Acland on Ecat World

• Hi Frank,

In an earlier post you described observing an earlier/test version of the E-CatQX.

Are you able to expand on this or is it still somehow best undisclosed further?

I’m curious if you or Mats are able to describe the plasma you saw better?

I don’t want to put you or Andrea Rossi on the spot to divulge more than he is ready for at this time. I could quite understand that Andrea might want to keep these impressions quiet for now but If he is OK with you passing on these impressions I’m quite curious. If not then are there any more general impressions you can give. (Maybe the answer to point 6?)

1.Was the plasma homogenous in colour across its width and length? Or how did it vary? I recall Mats said he saw a blue ting too was this located in the core or the edges? Was there any hint of the Hydrogen red and blue of Helium yellow tints described by Bob below in parts of the plasma?

2. Was the plasma basically homogeneous in density (ignoring the bright spots you described) across its width and length? Or how did it vary?

3. Was there any variability in the over all plasma in time during the periods the device was on.

4. Was the plasma apparently optically thick or semi transparent?

5. Could you describe more the bright spots? Were they stationary of moving? In particular positions or distributed? small or large? of the same colour as the plasma but denser? Or different? Were they persistent of intermittent? Deep in the plasma or around it?

6. Did you also see the spectrum from the plasma? If so did you see the broad Black Body spectrum described? Did you see any particularly strong emission peaks?

7. When the device was off was the gap between the electrodes apparently completely empty of any material?

8. Were the ends of the electrodes highly reflective or shiny or dull or dark or otherwise optically affected?

Just some thoughts. I can understand though and respect if they are still under some level of NDA at the moment.

Avatar Frank Acland ECW Admin Stephen6 months ago

1. Yes homogenous, similar to this color:

Thumbnail

no blue or red.
    2. Yes I would say homogeneous in density
    3. Slight movement, similar to what you might see in a plasma ball
    4. Maybe slightly transparent
    5. One or two tiny pinpricks of light floating slowly within the plasma
    6. Saw the spectrometer reading showing 1100 nm, don't recall the details of emission peaks.
    7. Completely empty
    8. Somewhat shiny, but not like a mirror. See this image -- the device on the left, you can see one of the ends:

Thumbnail

I do get the point you and others make about doing the measurments more scientifaclly.

• I think, Sam, you are confusing plasma bulbs with LENR?

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.