Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• The Degree they should give Rossi if he is sucessful is from the school of hard knocks.

He started Studying Cold Fusion while serving time in Prison.

• Sam- i'm not really sure what is the point of will you join me if I am right about Rossi and QX.

That is like saying: will you join me in believing in green 3-eyed martians if they land?

Of course! Who would not. But they ain't landed yet...

Man landed on the moon and did the impossible.

That was an exciting time.

• Sorry, I can't see the joke.

Meaning you don't find it funny? It was meant to be. It can be hard to tell on the Internet, but this is not serious: "Rossi heroically defies the world, silhouetted by the setting sun."

Man landed on the moon and did the impossible.

Ummm . . . If man did it, it isn't impossible.

Okay, you mean "difficult" or "people thought it impossible." Some people may have thought it was impossible to go to the moon, but when Pres. Kennedy pledged to do so in 1961, every expert in aerospace knew it was possible. He would never have said that otherwise.

• s you well know

Yes I do. No need for the later snide comment. Rossi's thesis was on relativity: do you not consider that hard science?

Well you are not a babbler as you attempted to go after Parkhomov. Not very convincing. Where did Parkhomov fail, or are you referring to him filling in the missing gaps on his graph?

You should look at the video: it has some interesting data. You could still answer my question on whether you are still certain Ni/H systems can't produce heat. A yes or no would suffice.

• Ummm . . . If man did it, it isn't impossible.

Okay, you mean "difficult" or "people thought it impossible." Some people may have thought it was impossible to go to the moon, but when Pres. Kennedy pledged to do so in 1961, every expert in aerospace knew it was possible. He would never have said that otherwise.

Found this story and video that shows how

difficult the feat was at the time.

You could think they achieved the

impossible after watching it.

An amazing group of people that

President Kennedy set on fire.

https://www.vox.com/2015/5/30/…-hamilton-apollo-software

• Meaning you don't find it funny? It was meant to be. It can be hard to tell on the Internet, but this is not serious: "Rossi heroically defies the world, silhouetted by the setting sun."

Yes, that's funny. But saying that the money from I.H. have contributed to the success of the ICCF21, projects the Rossi's silhouette on the Colorado sunset.

Anyway, I was mainly referring to your statement about the Harvard Business School. What should they teach about the Ecat strategy? How to use internet in order raise 70+ million dollars of funding in favor of an unrecognized research field, such as LENR, by using a couple of electric resistors and a lot of words?

• Yes I do. No need for the later snide comment. Rossi's thesis was on relativity: do you not consider that hard science?

Well you are not a babbler as you attempted to go after Parkhomov. Not very convincing. Where did Parkhomov fail, or are you referring to him filling in the missing gaps on his graph?

You should look at the video: it has some interesting data. You could still answer my question on whether you are still certain Ni/H systems can't produce heat. A yes or no would suffice.

Adrian,

It was on philosophy of science, specifically the relationship of Einstein's relativity to Husserl's phenomenology:

Edmund Gustav Albrecht Husserl (/ˈhʊsɜːrl/ or /ˈhʊsərəl/; German: ; 8 April 1859 – 27 April 1938) was a German philosopher who established the school of phenomenology. In his early work, he elaborated critiques of historicism and of psychologism in logic based on analyses of intentionality. In his mature work, he sought to develop a systematic foundational science based on the so-called phenomenological reduction. Arguing that transcendental consciousness sets the limits of all possible knowledge, Husserl re-defined phenomenology as a transcendental-idealist philosophy. Husserl's thought profoundly influenced the landscape of twentieth-century philosophy, and he remains a notable figure in contemporary philosophy and beyond.

If you think that topic - interesting to a philosopher no doubt - is hard science then it explains other posts you have made here. And if you consider this philosophical work from Rossi to be in any way related to competence in hard science you are sadly mistaken.

Re Parkhomov:

His first positive results (phase change calorimetry) were explained by splashes - noticed by an observer.

His second positive results were - umm - during a period when he in fact took no data (he says because his laptop battery failed). this information took a long time to emerge.

Given such a history my wish to see well-written write-ups of results before taking them seriously is only common sense.

Re Ni-H systems can't produce heat. Well, trivially, they can. If you mean can they deliver the extraordinary high energy densities claimed then I've not yet seen any good evidence. Surprising if they do, since such strong, stable, and sustained exothermic reactions as are claimed by many would relatively easily be turned into self-sustaining reactions with no input heat and variable cooling. That has never happened, and the good measurements remain stubbornly below 10% of input which is in the range of normal calorimetric errors. Basically, whatever causes these apparent excesses does not scale like an exothermic reaction, therefore it is unlikely to be that on purely phenomenological grounds.

As somone who at least vaguely understands the nature of science, if asked formally are you sure (of any scientific statement) the answer would be no. Which makes your insistence on the question in that form unhelpful. Most scientists do not go around letting brains fall out just because anything could be possible.

• If you think that topic - interesting to a philosopher no doubt - is hard science then it explains other posts you have made here. And if you consider this philosophical work from Rossi to be in any way related to competence in hard science you are sadly mistaken.

I'm not interested in PhDs. This is something you brought up as an ad hominem aganist Rossi. I'm starting to think your PhD really was in basket weaving.

Re Ni-H systems can't produce heat. Well, trivially, they can. If you mean can they deliver the extraordinary high energy densities claimed then I've not yet seen any good evidence. Surprising if they do, since such strong, stable, and sustained exothermic reactions as are claimed by many would relatively easily be turned into self-sustaining reactions with no input heat and variable cooling. That has never happened, and the good measurements remain stubbornly below 10% of input which is in the range of normal calorimetric errors. Basically, whatever causes these apparent excesses does not scale like an exothermic reaction, therefore it is unlikely to be that on purely phenomenological grounds.

"Ni-H systems can't produce heat." I want to frame that for use if a commercial LENR reactor surfaces in the next year. Remember what A.C.Clarke wrote.

I think the various explosions and melted equipment reported by some LENR workers indicates the reaction can be self supporting. The reaction is clearly somewhat self supporting according to Rossi, such that he only needs to supp;y input power periodically.

I think both Rossi and Parkhomov have demonstrated excess heat beyond reasonable doubt. Parkhomov has shown, by running the experiment until the fuel was exhausted, that it is not a single reaction but series of reactions that follow one another, Greenyer has the theory that the reaction continue until the fuel occupies a minimum volume, as explained in the video that was beneath your dignity to watch.

• Official Post

"Hydrogen-saturated nickel weighing 1.2 g was used as fuel. The completion of the work is associated with a gradual reduction of excess heat release as a result of exhaustion of the energy resource of fuel. The reactor operated continuously for 225 days, generating 4200 MJ of thermal energy in excess of the consumed electricity (2.2 MeV per nickel atom). The maximum power of heat release is 1400 W at 380 W consumption (COP = 3,7), average 575 W at 355 W consumption (COP = 1,6).

Best wishes,

Alexander"

ref: http://e-catworld.com/2018/06/…t-completed-225-day-test/

Adrian,

Thank you for the link. I have had a hard time following Parkomov (AP). He still seems somewhat a mystery after hearing so much from him since he first made himself known to us 4 years ago. That was a time when he was working out of his very cramped Moscow apartment. His calorimetry was simple, and drew praises. Lots of excitement. Then there was the episode when MFMP was invited to Moscow to witness a test. Once there though, AP became evasive. Long story short, BG was only able to witness the start of the promised test, with AP finishing it after he left. It turned out negative.

Next time he appeared was at the Padua ICCF, as BG mentioned. MFMP was also there, and made it a point to arrange a second test to replicate AP there right after the conference, so that he (AP) could personally assist. After all, since the MFMP/Moscow visit, AP continued reporting reliable and robust results. This is from memory, but AP gave a few pointers and took off with his granddaughter/interpreter, leaving MFMP to run the experiment. The results again, were negative.

I wrote him off after that, yet he keeps on popping up out of nowhere with these ever improving results. Before I give him any more of my attention, I would like to know if he is working with other scientists now, in an official lab, who will vouch for his work? Russia science is well represented here, and I am curious if you think AP deserves our respect, and trust?

• But saying that the money from I.H. have contributed to the success of the ICCF21, projects the Rossi's silhouette on the Colorado sunset.

It definitely did contribute to success! That's not just my opinion. All of the researchers who got money from I.H. said it was tremendous help, and their instruments and facilities were far better than they were previously.

Rossi contributed nothing to this success. He nearly destroyed I.H. and the last remaining hope for cold fusion. His contribution has been thievery, deception, chaos and absurdly impossible reports.

• I would like to know if he is working with other scientists now, in an official lab, who will vouch for his work? Russia science is well represented here, and I am curious if you think AP deserves our respect, and trust?

Shane, I don't know who is working with AP, but Greenyer appears to stay in contact with him.

I think the reported isotopic changes alone mean something nuclear is going on. So whether you believe his data on excess heat or not, he is certainly worth following. I have no reason to doubt it.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Parkhomov dreams to warm Siberia in Russia! I told it that it not that energy which will warm Russia. This process goes in crust in volcanoes but as you know volcanoes aren't eternal, means and this energy isn't eternal! На фото Криница, ХТЯ и ШМ, Россия.

You could still answer my question on whether you are still certain Ni/H systems can't produce heat. A yes or no would suffice.

Did someone say they are certain Ni/H systems can't produce heat. I don't recall seeing that. Instead of yes or no, how about : I don't have enough evidence to decide would be a good answer.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.