Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• 7of20 - not quite. After the empty reactor with a COP of 8 incident, R was allowed to run enough rope out during that one year to effectively end his career as a cold-fusioneer. We didn't think that he would actually litigate with all the data and facts stacked against him but the guy's audacity is beyond compare. He is quite good at what he does.

A.R is good at what he does.

The EcatQX is soon ready to market

followed by the EcatSK.

• @Bob has put up a nice post (ICCF21 Thread) outlining how Rossi is preparing to use the Ecat SK as an excuse for not bringing his claimed Ecat QX invention to market, and showing that this is business as usual for him .... he never brings anything to market.

I think that Bob is right on the mark. But now I have a question. What is Rossi after? How will he make money from this iteration of his fake invention cycle? Could anyone now possibly so naive as to invest in him? Or is Rossi just after attention and the excitement of fooling people now. What drives him?

• In many biblical studies 7 is thought of as competition (from thee creation account) and the 666 as continually coming close but failing to complete. Also the word sin in the Greek comes from "missing the mark" (as in archery - close but never on target) . It makes me think of Rossi's continually never completing, never bringing to the market these devices. If he cannot finish on his own, he should transfer the technology and if the technology cannot be transferred to others then it is not patentable. If he truly has the technology as he claims, then he has a duty to finish or hand it off to another for the sake of all those children with cancer he keeps saying is the important thing to him.

• @Bob has put up a nice post (ICCF21 Thread) outlining how Rossi is preparing to use the Ecat SK as an excuse for not bringing his claimed Ecat QX invention to market, and showing that this is business as usual for him .... he never brings anything to market.

I think that Bob is right on the mark. But now I have a question. What is Rossi after? How will he make money from this iteration of his fake invention cycle? Could anyone now possibly so naive as to invest in him? Or is Rossi just after attention and the excitement of fooling people now. What drives him?

What is Rossi after? MONEY.

You would think that no one would deal with him but....

Rossi was convicted of fraud and sent to jail. Yet several "distributors" paid Rossi many tens of thousands of dollars. Some of which he repaid, others not.

Rossi was convicted and yet IH paid him $10 million dollars!

So he IS seeking more targets. Unfortunately, as with many in the "Free energy" market, the attraction of a lucrative deal blinds some investors.

I do not think IH was as naïve as some think. As D. Weaver stated... Rossi is good at what he does... and what he does is NOT inventing LENR reactors. It is conning. He has done it multiple times. Oil, gold, government contracts and now LENR reactors.

So two answers,.... one he is looking for more "marks" to con money from. Two, I think he does have a bit of a psychological need for adulation. But these are my opinions based upon what I have observed over the past 7 years.

• [...] All of the researchers who got money from I.H. said it was tremendous help, and their instruments and facilities were far better than they were previously.

Rossi contributed nothing to this success. He nearly destroyed I.H. and the last remaining hope for cold fusion. His contribution has been thievery, deception, chaos and absurdly impossible reports.

I.H. was founded to acquire and manage the Ecat technology, therefore: no Rossi, no I.H., no funding (esp. those from Woodford), no more money for LENR researches, and, probably, no ICCFs anymore.

After nearly 30 years of fiascos, what's remaining of the LENR activity lies on the incredible PR and funding successes of the Ecat's initiative, where the heat generated by Joule effect in some electric resistors was skillfully presented to the public as produced by nuclear reactions, in line with the CF/LENR tradition, but at a much larger and attractive power level.

Maybe this successful strategy is already being taught at some advanced course at Harvard Business School, as you expected in 2011.

• I.H. was founded to acquire and manage the Ecat technology, therefore: no Rossi, no I.H.,

That does not align with the facts I was given. IH was founded to pursue LENR in all of its forms and not just Rossi. You can see that by the way they funded some items before Rossi was signed and their continued support of the field. If you had gone to ICCF, you would have seen many who presented were funded at one time or another or even now by IH. IH and Tom Darden were even thanked by the chairmen. You are totally ignoring the obvious. IH was NOT a Rossi only company. I do not know why you and Rossi keep saying that IH funding was only there for Rossi. That is simply out and out wrong.

example- if you were at ICCF you could not help but notice that George Miley was there with 5 students who were receiving IH funding to be there- and Peter's grad student who has be supported for several years now presenting, and former LANL employees who are now receiving and working with IH. You are way off the mark.

• A65

OH yes, on Monday Morning at ICCF 21 during the break, IH even had a group photo of their "team" and it had over a dozen people on stage for the photo. - impressive. More of them there than those from Tex. Tech (perhaps a half a dozen)

Those are the facts. IH doesn't look like it has folded but instead but moving on.

And you are wrong about no more ICCF's. The next one will be at lake Bled in Slovenia in Sept next year.

I do not think IH was as naïve as some think.

This is barely worth re-arguing except to note that giving millions to a known con man and crook without exhaustive testing and very clear results is naive. That test with the empty reactor and many more should have been performed before Rossi got one cent. All his and Levi's old results with the steam ecats should have been redone with blanks and without Rossi's hands on the experiments. How much more money would IH have wasted on Rossi had that lucky break with the empty reactor not happened?

• I.H. was founded to acquire and manage the Ecat technology, therefore: no Rossi, no I.H., no funding (esp. those from Woodford), no more money for LENR researches, and, probably, no ICCFs anymore.

You are wrong about that. They are funding other researchers. There is no doubt about it. The researchers acknowledged this during the conference.

They were planning to fund this ICCF, but they pulled out. It was funded by others. So, we can and we did have conferences without I.H. support. Granted, this was a very economical conference. It was on the campus of a state university. I think that is the best location for an academic conference. Those people know what academic scientists need. Things like tables and meeting rooms, and the fastest Wi-Fi I have ever seen.

In any case, as I said, there are now other sources of funding. Even if I.H. bows out, the field will likely survive. I would hate to see them leave, but it would no longer doom the research.

• IH was founded to pursue LENR in all of its forms and not just Rossi.

Come on, Oldguy, do you really think that the many dozens of millions invested in IH could have been justified by the uncertain excess heat in the milliwatts to watts range usually claimed by all the LENR researchers before the arrival of Rossi?

You can see that by the way they funded some items before Rossi was signed

Really? Even before the first contacts with the Ecat promoters? Can you provide any reference?

IH was NOT a Rossi only company.

Let a Woodford's representative talk about this point: "This is very disappointing given that Rossi's technology was a core element of the initial investment." (ref. Rossi-IH dispute, document 214-13, page 9)

And, since he liked your comment, let's also remind what our dear mod thought :)

From a Shane D. comment on June 10, 2016, https://www.lenr-forum.com/for…i/?postID=24042#post24042 :

"Your part about Woodford is interesting, because based on Deweysays (just picking on you Dewey :) ) it does not sound like the rest of IH's portfolio would justify $50 million investment. That seems to indicate their main purpose for investing in IH, was because of Rossi. And we know they jumped on board this past summer...well into the GPT."

OH yes, on Monday Morning at ICCF 21 during the break, IH even had a group photo of their "team" and it had over a dozen people on stage for the photo. - impressive. More of them there than those from Tex. Tech (perhaps a half a dozen)

Those are the facts. IH doesn't look like it has folded but instead but moving on.

Yes, it's really impressive to see how much the last ICCF has depended on IH support, and hence, in turn, from the money collected through the Ecat initiative.

And you are wrong about no more ICCF's. The next one will be at lake Bled in Slovenia in Sept next year.

You didn't understand. I said that without IH money (i.e. without Ecat) there would probably have been no more ICCF. But actually, with the money raised for an alleged kW to MW technology, IH will be able to finance many experiments in the alleged mW to W range, and allows the saviors of the planet to continue the world tour they started in 1989. Next stop: Slovenia.

• Come on, Oldguy, do you really think that the many dozens of millions invested in IH could have been justified by the uncertain excess heat in the milliwatts to watts range usually claimed by all the LENR researchers before the arrival of Rossi?

I don't know if Rossi's arrival triggered I.H.'s interest, but I am sure that uncertain heat ranging from milliwatts to watts justified millions invested by I.H. The people at I.H. told me this, and more to the point, they actually invested large amounts. I suppose it was millions. It looks like millions to me.

Rossi's arrival may have triggered this, but his fraud almost ended it. Overall, his involvement in the field was a disaster.

IH will be able to finance many experiments in the alleged mW to W range, and allows the saviors of the planet

The power level of an experiment has no bearing on how important it is, what it proves, or the s/n ratio. A milliwatt or watt level cold fusion experiment may well save the world, and it will do that as effectively as a kilowatt or megawatt experiment would. If you do not understand this, you do not understand the first thing about experimental science.

The power makes no difference. What matters are reproducibility, control and the s/n ratio.

It is easier to conduct a watt level experiment. The s/n ratio is usually better. To someone who understands experiments, it is more convincing than higher power would be. People who don't understand that are probably a lost cause and would not be convinced by any power level.

• Rossi's technology was a core element of the initial investment."

notice, a core element, not the one and only core element.

There were clearly others.

I agree with Jed (I do that every now and then). The amount of heat is not too important at this stage. Recall it was not IH that went to 1MW but Rossi and IH was content at the lower sub kW and even lower ranges. IH wanted to keep the power levels lower while checking things. From my talk with them, they are happy at the few watt range. They certainly vocally indicated that they were delighted with the 5 to 10 Watts of Lett's experiment.

There are a lot of even sub watt range applications. Although I think that the "sweet spot" of entry into the field was indicated at the 100 to 5kW range.

It is the signal to noise levels (sigma), and COP that is the critical factor right now, not the power levels . Although they keep an eye on the cost per watt and power density.

and yes, I do believe that "millions invested" could be justified from sporadic low level results - proof to the point- the dozen million + Tex Tech has received............ and who know how much more has since been added with little result (or so it has be claimed) .

• and yes, I do believe that "millions invested" could be justified from sporadic low level results - proof to the point- the dozen million + Tex Tech has received............ and who know how much more has since been added with little result (or so it has be claimed) .

Who claimed there was "little result"? Where did you hear this? The people at Texas Tech had said very little, but they told me they are pleased with the results.

• I wrote:

I.H. was founded to acquire and manage the Ecat technology,

You are wrong about that. They are funding other researchers.

I don't think to be wrong:

*They are funding*: present continuous tense.

* I.H. was founded to acquire and manage the Ecat technology*: past tense.

You are surely able to catch the difference, but just to be sure let me explain what it means: the money raised in the past for the Ecat technology are now used to support other LENR researches.

You are mixing up the tenses, the same way the LENR reaserchers mix up their results.

• I don't think to be wrong:

*They are funding*: present continuous tense.

* I.H. was founded to acquire and manage the Ecat technology*: past tense.

Where did you hear they were founded to acquire and manage Ecat technology? Who told you that? That is not what they told me, and not what they said in their speeches and announcements.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.