Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• Sam, I can’t speak for Roseland67 but I keep an eye on the Rossi farce strictly because of people like you and Adrian whom I find quite fascinating and deeply puzzling.

On interstate highways and cities there is a phenomenon called "gawkers delay" when an accident happens on the other side of a 4 lane highway. Natural curiosty causes people to slow down and watch what is happening.

The Rossi "wreck" has the same compulsion. No one wants anyone to be involved in a car wreck, but still slow down and look. Most do not believe Rossi, but as the wreck it is, it holds a morbid attraction.

Most watch and scratch thier heads wondering how anyone can keep the faith for very long. They watch out of fascination.:/

• Shane D

ps. The inlet temperature to the power turbine is typically in the range of 800 - 1250 C. the highest I've come across was for a special turbine by Mitsubishi was 1600 C.

So with the SK operating at twice those temperatures it should be possible yo use it to power a gas turbine. The existing combustion chambers are quite complicated to ensure flame stability and are covered in holes that let in cooling air that mixes with the combustion products.

The problem offers a number of possible solutions, from having the heat exchanger separate from the main engine to the use of lithium heat pipes or sodium as the working fluid for the heat exchanger. In the long run, using CO2 as the working fluid in a closed system has advantages.

It seems the babblers are either not interested or prob-ably not technical enough to discus such matters though.

edited typo

• Adrian, not sure who the babbler is here. Any engineer who believes that Rossi’s fabulous reactor works as claimed and can produce heat or steam with an unbelievable COP would think instantly of much simpler, more widely useable and much quicker and less expensive realizable fields of application. Using an existing gas turbine and remodel that one would be probably the last thing a realistic and experienced engineer who has still all his senses together could think of...it is so hilarious. So many things beneficial to mankind could be done, if Rossi simply would come out of the corner with his sectrets. Instead he pics topics which can endlessly be evolved and discussed until end of times by his babblers...and nothing happens. We will talk about this next June again. Looking forward.

So with the SK operating at twice those temperatures it should be possible yo use it to power a gas turbine.

Who cares? Why should anyone care? What difference does this make? How does this help prove Rossi is not a crook?

@Adrian Ashfield

Rossi can make billions of dollars starting today from simple space heaters. He really needs to couple a complex machine to his reactors? Do you not even realize how bizarre this is? How it is fits the mold of many previous energy scammers? This sort of pretend-application seems to draw in credulous believers. Why it does is a mystery. To me anyway.

Harnessing flying pigs doesn't require turbines because they fly just as well without them as they do with them.

• So with the SK operating at twice those temperatures it should be possible yo use it to power a gas turbine.

Here, in a nutshell, is the typical mind numbing discussions at ECW.

1. Rossi makes some claim without proof on JONP.

2. The people take him at his word, despite his many proven lies in the past (we have no reason to doubt?). If the claims are contradictory to old claims, it is ignored.

3. This information is extrapolated and morphed into extensions to the original claim, which suddenly become the new truth to the ECW faithful.

4. Someone asks him cryptically about the morphed claims, and he gives a one word or a couple of word answers, "yes", "confidential", etc.

A great example was the supposed food customer. Rossi said something off-hand about food production. Suddenly it became a large conglomerate, the identity of which everyone was guessing. And the Robots of ABB, how they suddenly became design partners. And if you ask for proof of the reality of any of these claims, your post is deleted.

• Adrian, not sure who the babbler is here. Any engineer who believes that Rossi’s fabulous reactor works as claimed and can produce heat or steam with an unbelievable COP would think instantly of much simpler, more widely useable and much quicker and less expensive realizable fields of application. Using an existing gas turbine and remodel that one would be probably the last thing a realistic and experienced engineer who has still all his senses together could think of...it is so hilarious. So many things beneficial to mankind could be done, if Rossi simply would come out of the corner with his sectrets. Instead he pics topics which can endlessly be evolved and discussed until end of times by his babblers...and nothing happens. We will talk about this next June again. Looking forward.

What Zorud said

• not sure who the babbler is here.

The babblers are those who have swallowed IH’s story hook,line and sinker. They never reply to the points I make but repetitively regurgitate ancient history. If your short term memory worked you would recall I don’t consider Rossi unproven or proven. Hence, wait for more evidence.

Z wrote “Any engineer who believes that Rossi’s fabulous reactor works as claimed and can produce heat or steam with an unbelievable COP would think instantly of much simpler, more widely usable and much quicker and less expensive realizable fields of application.”

Either you haven’t been following or your memory has failed again. Rossi’s repeated business plan is to sell heat. It can’t get simpler than that. The commercial QX is ready and he will use the SK for that too if/when it works out.

Z wrote: "Using an existing gas turbine and remodel that one would be probably the last thing a realistic and experienced engineer who has still all his senses together could think of."

You are quite wrong. I suggested to Rossi when the SK first surfaced that he farm out a project to a turbine manufacturer to develop it. Do you not think I’m an experienced engineer?

I guess that Rossi wants to be able to hand over a sealed commercial version in order to preserve secrecy.

”It is so hilarious” Really? What relevant experience do you have?

• “The commercial QX is ready”

An example of Adrian making factual statements backed up by absolutely nothing. Of course, people must be lining up in droves to purchase a 20-watt heater that only requires a box of electronics, a bunch of sprinkler parts, and some sleight of hand to operate. The current market is aquarium heaters which cost $15. The QX supposedly can do the same job and use only 16 watts. That could save customers several dollars per century.

Either you haven’t been following or your memory has failed again. Rossi’s repeated business plan is to sell heat. It can’t get simpler than that.

Yes but that is completely silly. Who would trust Rossi to supply anything including heat? BTW, Captain Obvious told me that heat is not like electricity in any way-- transport, metering, regulation, etc. etc. Does anybody sell heat to the general public in large quantities now? Guess why.

The babblers are those who have swallowed IH’s story hook,line and sinker.

Which part? The part about Darden discovering fortuitously that an empty reactor works as well as one with fuel? The part about Rossi never delivering anything that worked? The part about his CEO being in on the swindle? The part about there being no customer except Rossi and his surrogates? Which part of IH's story shouldn't be swallowed exactly and why not?

”It is so hilarious” Really? What relevant experience do you have?

I am a physist and since 20 y product manager in a world leading company in the medical field and proud to have helped to design, develop, market and launch a couple of cutting-edge highend products for medical professionals to treat their patients who suffer among others from brain cancer. So I know what I am talking about when I am mentioning technical, technological and especially regulatory challanges to overcome to successful sell a reliable, safe and efficient product to our many customers and hospitals around the globe.

In our industry there is no room for such nonsense an BS claims, secret partners and product offers from a con man like Rossi, whom you see as the new messias that will save mankind with his fantasy products that no one has ever seen working or being manufactured, despite the same claims since almost a decade. As a physisist (Solid State Diplom) I am closely and interstingly watching all news, new technologies in this field, and was of course caught by the potential new CF fire since Pons and Fleischmann, and have an eye on the Cold Fusion communitiy and their efforts to understand what happened and what theory could be there behind since 1989. I was also somehow on fire watching the new kid on the block Rossi with his demo and Lugano Test but found out quite soon that there is nothing but hot air coming from this - yes - conman, after all. Rossi is very good in making money by conning and scamming people and partners, and his only passion and mission is to keep his fake and paranoid ECat product philosophy alive. This is why he is still able to continue with his scam, because there is a community that listens to him and follows him blindly, like you.

I am all in with wanting and looking for the new fire - but this will be lit by somebody who has a serious interest to share every little piece and success towards a working reactor or device with his peers or the public, for sure it won't be him. Rossi's biggest nightmare will be the day when he is publicly caught in the act of his fake - so he will do everything that this won't happen. He did avoid this by accpeting and agreeing with IH when it was high time to be called to the witness stand on the court a while ago. Since then he is keeping his fellows and followers lucky and interested with his BS dog & pony shows, every other week with a new and yes - hilarious - idea and claim like retrofitting gas turbines, instead of getting his damn device out to market. But he cannot simply start and manufacture QX Cats, you know why? Show me at least any sign of his factory, a picture of it, a legitimate certificate from any public Miami administration or anything related to his famous industrial partner, or any other hard fact, but please other than Rossisays on JONP. All you are providing here is simply repeating his silly and paranoid claims and BS from his blog. Your and other blind believers behavior and argumentation is unfortunatley quite entertaining, so I like to see and watch what will happen with your opinion and Rossi in the time to come. Good luck, Adrian.

• Yes but that is completely silly. Who would trust Rossi to supply anything including heat?

Like Dave Barry;s dog, you seem to have two neurons and one of them has died. There is no trust involved in in buying metered heat. You pay for what you received. If the customer doesn't like it for any reason, he quits at no cost.

• am a physist and since 20 y product manager in a world leading company in the medical field and proud to have helped to design, develop, market and launch a couple of cutting-edge highend products for medical professionals to treat their patients who suffer among others from brain cancer.

I have only basic knowledge of treatments. Surgery, radiation and gene therapy seem to have little in common with LENR and building a factory. As a general rule, physicists lack the knowledge and experience to design and build things.

Abstract

Glioblastoma (GB) is the most common subtype of primary brain tumor in adults. These tumors are highly invasive, very aggressive, and often infiltrate critical neurological areas within the brain. The mean survival time after diagnosis of GB has remained unchanged during the last few decades, in spite of advances in surgical techniques, radiotherapy, and also chemotherapy; patients' survival ranges from 9 to 12 months after initial diagnosis.

Read more here: https://www.sciencedirect.com/…cle/pii/S0163725803000147

Z wrote: “In our industry there is no room for such nonsense an BS claims, secret partners”

That’s a bit of a laugh when one reads nearly half of the peer reviewed papers couldn’t be replicated and the pharmaceutical companies spend as much on advertising as they do on research.

The rest of your comment was a long dump on Rossi for which you have no proof.

Enough of your rubbish about believers: as you well know I consider it unproven and we will need more data in order before deciding. There is more evidence that various E-Cats have in fact worked in the past than there is for your assertions that they don’t.

Why should Rossi tell you anything about a factory he is building? Yes, he needs a factory to produce them and that takes time.

So, do tell: what is "hilarious"?

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.