Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• My statement about selling heat was clumsy and wrong. I should have said it is uncommon, awkward . . .

Not really. Energy mavens such as me know about district heating but most people have never heard of it. It seems unlikely. It only works in built-up concentrated areas where there happens to be source of heat. Especially isolated areas in cold places with bad weather where everything is under the control of a central planner. Such as the campus of Cornell University. *

* If you don't like the weather in Ithaca, NY, wait 15 minutes.

• @Adrian Ashfield

I've never been tolerant of fools.

Me bite tongue hard.

You still miss the elementary thought that Rossi's reactors will be adjacent to the customer and only require a short pipe to transfer the heat.

OK. So Andrea Rossi, a man who has not a single proven accomplishment in his entire life, a man who purchased his PhD degree from a diploma mill, a man who took $11.5 million from IH based on lies and non-working apparatus, a man who has never registered or licensed anything with UL, CE, or any non-self-certifying body, that man is now going to build a world-wide network of heat supplying nuclear fusion reactors. Right.:D

woodworker

Zeus46 wrote:

I highly doubt IH's legal fees were $8.5m, and if they were, we're all in the wrong job (Except maybe Woodworker, that is..).

Are you able to take a wild guess at what IH might have forked out for Jones Day's services during the pretrial phase of Rossi Vs IH vs Rossi? Just from the volume of depositions and motions and jury selection maybe? What do you think a three week jury trial, which never happened, might have added? I mean Zeus46 is right when he presumes I was simply speculating without any knowledge of what JD might have charged. I read somewhere they are pretty expensive.

• Official Post

Is that tongue in cheek or were people being banned simply for being pro-Rossi "in a civil manner?" And if so, why?

Moderation issues are not the topic of this thread, and will not be discussed in any detail, but as you and others can testify uncivil forum members who are anti-Rossi have been banned too. Civility is key. No bullying, no doxxing, and only the mildest forms of abuse are likely to escape sanction of some kind.

• If I was retrofitting a turbine to work with technology invented by me or if I was building a factory with robots I would be proud and happy to share some pictures and updates on the progress. Like Alan did while ago when he moved to a new lab. Wondering why we dont see anything from Rossi on these topics. Can one of the frequent commenters on ecat-world or on Rossi's blog ask him to post some photos? Pics or it didnt happen . . .

• Official Post

Complete guess, but $1mil should (more than) cover it? 6 lawyers, 6 months full time ? $1000 a day?

Zeus,

Dewey, or WW could better answer, but I can tell you from my experience, that is way off. On a big case, they will put several or more lawyers on it full time, at $4-500/hour. Throw in a paralegal, or two or three, travel (hotel/airfare/per diem), depositions, experts, court reporter fees, and well, you have some serious money being spent. Could easily be in the millions, or even more.

• I never seen that a fan needs to be set on (hidden, behind the scene) when the active demo is over from a long time.

Did you drink Rossi’s fabula?

If you heard Fabiani sentences, how do you explain?

• What kind of competition should that be? Who makes the best snake oil? Who is doing the best science magic show? Who does it best that adult people talk, argue endless about him and his nonsense?
    To be brief:
    No product - No competition

Well, LENR is an established phenomenon as far as I know. So, I see no reason why Rossi doesn't say what he has. Sure, the man has some deep character flaws, but, I wish that wouldn't detract from the science of LENR and the product he says he has. For the matter, I hope someone else can step up the game and actually start selling some LENR modules and such instead of the Rossi/says thing going on for ages.

Just my two cents.

• Glad to hear that Allan. I haven't seen Walker around here for a while.

I fear it may be too late though. Soon you will be reduced to just Sam.

A forum on LENR should be discussing that, nit just going on about how results could have been faked and Rossi is a fraud. Should Rossi come up with a working reactor it seems few will have anything useful to add and the forum may well die. Those interested in the subject have been driven away.

I have wondered how Lenr Forum will adjust

if Rossi is succesful with the Ecat.

Or how Ecat world will if he is not.

Frank can change gears pretty fast but I am

not sure about Lenr Forum.

I hope you don’t leave Lenr Forum Adrian.

• Probably that it was to switch on more cooling for the power pack, until proven otherwise.

I can't be sure: Rossi's setup is so bankrupt that no "switch the power mode" is needed to deliver high power to the circuit when it is active: nonlinear load conditions can ensure that.

But...

You are designing a large power supply (itself weird for something needing a miniscule input power). Why on earth make the necessary (mechanical) fans to cool it switchable. PSUs commonly have fans - like every PC. For robustness, and this application, what is the point of having a switchable fan switched off, so that you have to switch it on in the middle of the test, and people can point out that this invalidates the input power measurement you claim to have done?

Mats' position here is weird. Even if you give Rossi credit for being totally incompetent and not realising this - well that also removes the argument from (people) fans that he knows what he is doing well enough to measure input power properly.

For me, the switch here joins a large number of suspicious circumstances - and two blatant cheats (the ash samples of bought Ni62 at Lugano, and (natural) Ni/Cu in an earlier sample provided for isotopic testing at a time when Rossi was claiming his device transmuted Ni into Cu.

Adrian no doubt will consider it probable that all these strange things happen by chance, rather than from Rossi deliberately cheating.

The only rational pro-Rossi argument is that he has consistently tried to seem a fraud to discourage competition. I've heard this argued by fans. The idea is he stages all the obvious rubbish demos, and lies repeatedly on his blog, to decrease serious interest in his invention, while secretly continuing development. Although this works it has an obvious problem: everything about Rossi is then indistinguishable from a fraud, so why believe he has anything?

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.