Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• Official Post

Am I correct in understanding that Rossi no longer expects to have the industrial version of the ecat for sale this year? Ive lost track of the different versions. Does he mean no ecats of any flavour this year?

CW,

Who knows? Like you, after Doral, I follow his followers, not him. That said, his one "successful" product...the LT Ecats bundled into 1MW, within a shipping container, which obtained an average COP 83 over a 1 year period, is no longer on the market. Understandably, his customers no longer wanted it, opting instead to wait years more for the QX.

• Yeah, here's me hoping Nissan and others come out with something. I've lost hope in anyone on the North American continent being able to circumvent government national security issues or being lured by private investors (read DARPA and others) to come out with anything. Although I did have high hopes for Brillouin Energy...

• About the periodic Rossi’s fakes says claiming the “robotized factory” under construction each year from 2012, where is?

On Mars?

• Official Post

Filing her

Would you recommend to a potential investor they invest with Rossi? If so, what should they demand for a due diligence

Due diligence would be simple, in fact I am staggered that previous investors with an interest in cold fusion (they know who they are) never obtained a gamma spectrum from Rossi's reactors, failure to do that is inexplicable. Or maybe they did but don't want to talk about it? Getting a clear GS is an especially relevant thing to do, since Rossi often mentioned gammas early in his own writings - and produced reactors wrapped in lead. Such spectra are very revealing, in the hands of an expert they expose the nature of the fuel precisely. And they are very difficult (let's say impossible) to fake- simply salting the fuel with radionucleides will not work as they have clearly identifiable signatures, and a GS looking at a working LENR reactor will reveal the presence of transient reaction products with very short half-lives.

• Am I correct in understanding that Rossi no longer expects to have the industrial version of the ecat for sale this year?

When Rossi first started wring about the date when he expected to start mass production, he said to hoped to start before the end of 2018. Having built factories, at the time I said I thought that was too optimistic and mid 2019 more likely.

Of course the babblers leave out the "hoped" and some have even leapt to the conclusion that is some deadline for me.

Apart from that, Rossi said he would be making a presentation/demo in Dec or Jan. He has since added it would not be December. He has also offered invitations to some readers of JONP to attend.

• Alan S-

I would not think that business types would be more interested in gammas than heat. You can't sale gammas. They will want something that produces heat with reduced input and will work "unattended" for a length of time.

• Filing her

Due diligence would be simple, in fact I am staggered that previous investors with an interest in cold fusion (they know who they are) never obtained a gamma spectrum from Rossi's reactors, failure to do that is inexplicable.

Rossi himself explains why, answering to Celani:

https://youtu.be/ejhkG-wYWY4?t=594

"Lei con quello strumento [gamma spectrometer] era in grado di vedere dentro il reattore"

• It still remains that he said he had factories and many employees and that he was producing units...... many years ago.

Rossi calls any workshop that was producing earlier E-Cats "factories."

I would have to seehjis actual quotation, in context, before I would believe anything you say

• Rossi himself explains why, answering to Celani:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejhkG-wYWY4&t=594

I couldn't help transcribing of the indicated excerpt for personal reference and sharing it here. Google Translate appears to perform reasonably well.

[Celani] [9:57] [...] C'è un leggero aumento della radiazione Gamma generale ambientale, localmente circa il 50%, "lira più, lira meno" [?]... instabile, e quindi questo è molto importante, vuol dire che apparentemente non c'è imbroglio: perché se era stabile poteva esserci una "sorgentina" nascosta—tanto per parlare in maniera chiara—e…

[Rossi] [10:17] Mah, guardi, ormai è da un anno che lavoriamo.

[Celani] Ho chiesto… un ambiente… l'ambiente, Lei conosce come è fatto, per cui uno deve pensarle tutte, non per offesa. Il sistema era instabile. Ottimo segno, dal mio punto di vista. Ho chiesto di poter fare le misure…

[Rossi] [10:38] La ringrazio.

[Celani] …prego. Però, ho chiesto di poter fare le misure anche come spettro, capire qual era l'energia dei Gamma emessi, e Lei ha detto che in questo modo avrei capito tutto, quindi me lo ha impedito. A me come scienziato dispiace molto. Capisco, però mi dispiace.

[Rossi] Sì, perché… beh, Professore: Lei è troppo preparato. È troppo intelligente per non capire che Lei con quello strumento era in grado di leggere l'interno del reattore.

[Celani] Lo so. Però, quando uno invita gli scienziati [ride] …è chiaro che uno deve stare al gioco, anche… capisco la parte economica…

[Rossi] Capisco. Quando gli scienziati accettano gli inviti degli industriali…

[Celani] [11:26] Va bene, insomma. Comunque sia, c'è un altro punto che forse potrebbe essere… non so quanto sia poi riproducibile.

[Rossi] La sento poco, può alzare?

[Celani] È sparito [il microfono] Pronto? Allora: io ho osservato due cose. Primo, che c'è stato una specie di piccolo flash Gamma appena Lei ha acceso—l'ho detto anche ai miei colleghi—E un altro quando Lei ha spento. Ora, è difficile pensare che un disturbo elettrico, magnetico, sia in grado di far partire due strumenti a batteria indipendenti. Per cui questo diciamo, è intrigante, interessante. Quello che non capisco come mai le misure [..?] dei Beta+, la coppia è + e -, apparentemente ha dato valori quasi nulli. E qui forse il collega Levi potrebbe darmi una qualche risposta. Io ho finito.

[Rossi] [12:32] La ringrazio. Io su quel fatto non sono in grado di risponderLe, perché il mio obiettivo è di tipo energetico, cioè io immetto 400W, prendo 12 kW; basta.

[Celani] No, ma capisco, però anche una firma nucleare sarebbe stata molto bella, ecco.

[Rossi] No, ha ragione. Ma potrebbe anche essere un problema di… il reattore internamente è fatto in modo estremamente complesso nonostante le apparenze, quindi potrebbe anche essere che il sistema geometrico interno del reattore nasconda, mascheri il…

[Celani] No no, ma se i Gamma ci stanno escono fuori. Non ci sono? [Ride] Non c'è geometria che tenga. Ok, grazie.

[Rossi] Grazie a Lei.

• This is related too:

https://youtu.be/xRry6a3U0Cw?t=1212

[20:14] [Celani] Before the experiment began, without others realizing it, I ran some checks to make sure, in the first place, that there were no radioactive sources hidden somewhere in the reactor; secondly, that there were no generators of powerful electromagnetic interference capable of jamming electronic instruments; thirdly that there were no massive power cables around, capable of simulating a power excess with nothing but a 10 kW water boiler. I ran these checks without Rossi's knowledge and everything seemed OK.

At a certain point Rossi said he was about to begin the experiment. I then decided to use the gamma-spectrometer (which is battery-operated as well) without the power cable, because if there is any electromagnetic interference, this may be carried through the ground wire, and can alter the measurement.

Everything was working: a battery powered mini-Geiger, a microwave detector, also battery powered, and an ELF detector, battery powered as well. Therefore, four independent instruments, all battery powered.

After various vicissitudes, because the reactor was having major problems, some inner resistors had broken down, Mr. Rossi came out of the room delighted: "The reactor has started". Before he came out, a few minutes, before, I had independently measured that both the gamma detector and the mini Geiger had hit the top of the scale, whereas the two detectors of electromagnetic interference were not showing anything. This meant that a short but intense emission of gamma radiation had taken place.

Afterwards, everything went back to normal, and we stayed in the hall to see what was happening. After about an hour, I don't recall the time exactly, I was allowed to go and take a look at the working reactor with my portable detector set for gamma count, and I began to perform a check. I noticed that there was an increase of total gamma radiation compared to the amount recorded before the beginning of the experiment, not a dangerous increase, around 50%. And, most important, it wasn't a stable increase, rather a very, very unstable one. This means that there was something live inside, changing the emission, the feeble emission, of gammas.

• Rossi calls any workshop that was producing earlier E-Cats "factories."

I would have to seehjis actual quotation, in context, before I would believe anything you say

so he had and has robotized workshops since at least 2012,where he produced his Ecat products? :)

No wonder that you deny such Rossi claims, when you are reluctant to read even his own writing and claiming on his blog, or try to use a search function. Everything before you appeared on the scene is not existent, it seems. At least you don‘t give up ignoring the past...

DYOR, but to support your efforts: e.g goto http://www.rossilivecat.com/all, search for e.g. “robotized” and you will end up with almost 100 hits, going far back in time.

• Celani and other Rossi contemporaries in his early days seem to have failed to require him to run blank calibrations, and never carefully inspected either the power input to his reactor nor the placement of heaters and thermocouples inside the reactor. Nor did they ever do correct calorimetry. Considering the collective qualifications and credentials of these scientists and observers, I always found this very hard to understand. It was and still is weird!

Rossi always resisted independent detailed measurements using the excuse that this would reveal proprietary information. In fact, black box measurements, with the possible exception of gamma spectroscopy, don't do that. Simple calorimetry and electrical measurement and examination of internal thermocouples without opening the fuel portion of the reactor could have revealed nothing other than errors or fraud on the part of the inventor. Yet such tests were not even mentioned by any of the early well known people who approved Rossi's testing and no accurate tests were ever done until Tom Darden's fateful but serendipitous empty reactor test. Well, actually the Swedish Science Foundation or whatever also did accurate tests but IIRC, Rossi discounted those, saying they he scuttled the reactors to get rid of Hydrofusion as a distributor so he could switch to IH. Nice guy.

One exception again was JedRothwell who with others tried hard to persuade Rossi to agree to let them do correct testing of his reactors back in 2011. He was roundly rebuffed by Rossi as was anyone wanting to test accurately. That of course, is true to today. Yet another strange thing about this whole story is Rossi's brazenness in taking millions from IH and actually giving them equipment to test. Rossi had to know the reactors did not work. What did he think would happen when Darden tested them or had them tested by other companies and labs with almost $100 million in the balance?

• By the way, I've just found out that the videos from which I transcribed (several months ago) the English subtitles I previously posted have been deleted or set to private. The company Phizero and the author(s) also removed all references to the E-Cat on their channels. Backups/copies exist here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhKhGe6ztuc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kl6FOVnnIro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V79rAMI1ACw

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.