Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• .....he would not get invited back to Rossi demos and he desperately wants to keep that avenue op

Desperate? Moi? I think you are mistaking me for someone with a motive.

ETA- IMHO if Rossi has nothing he should have. Mentored by 2 great scientists early on, he pioneered the 'hot and dry' LENR route t create energetic systems. And I know they work. The religious fervour created by the Inquisitors that surrounds the whole saint or devil argument is of zero interest to me. As for Bob's remark about reputational damage, at least I am happy to use my real name.

• Ahi - During that timeframe, I saw an image of the read-out. The device in your picture was R's device - ours was handheld and not yellow.

With apologies for not being able to recall more details.

To all others who see the potential method in the madness - thank you. There is progress and we're going to stay after it.

• Reading his blog from time to time is quite entertaining. Even if english is not your mother tongue - after all you get used to these nice coincidences and you realize that approx. 90% of the posters over there use the same kind of italo-american-english writing, punctuation and grammar style as Rossi is using... I am wondering where his huge number of american followers is gone...or maybe they did adapt their posting style over the past years to Rossi's answers?? ^^

• Rossi's answer to the JONP question he wrote contradicts his own statements (made some years ago) about gammas from runaway reactors. I am sure that can or another member can find the references. From memory around about the time of the Ferrara adventures.

• Amazing those in attendance for the Oct 28 2012 (military customer acceptance test) did not put 2 and 2 together. It was like the proverbial elephant in the room, and somehow they ignored it. They even had trouble hearing each other over the noise. What were they thinking? I know the AP science reporter left, never to be heard from again. On ECN's it was instantly noticed, and made the whole test DOA.

To be honest, I thought the use of the 500kW generator was odd, but mostly ignored that because I was focused on the NATO Colonel. Being ex-military myself, I knew that is not how the military works. They do not send one low level Colonel to a public demonstration of a controversial technology, put on by a convicted conman, and have him sign for it there right at the test sight. And were they so stupid, they would insist he wear his military uniform! It was so corny, and unbelievable, it was funny. Still get a laugh out of it when it comes up.

The IH Validation Test (April 30 2013) is different IMO though. From Darden's deposition, he and Vaughn were well aware of Rossi's checkered past, before they first met him at his Miami condo. Leading up to the VT, they became even more suspicious when Rossi came up with 2 excuses for needing to downgrade the 1MW to <500kW, while using the same 500kW genset. Rossi, probably detecting their suspicions as any good con artist would, made it a point the day of the test to give them an early copy of Levi/Swedes Ferrara results. From the deposition, and from what DW says, that played a big part in their going on with the VT.

What is amazing is that for the October demo, the capacity of the generator is assumed to be representative of the output of the container. As far as I can tell, hot water went around in circles, probably almost never becoming steam.

• Alan claims that such an unbelievable pattern in nuclear radiation is produced by radioactive isotopes with near instant half-lives: another bold assertion that the science trolls let get through.

axil : It's time to move off. Alan claims nothing! It is all your phantasy!

If you believe that the standard model explains LENR, then go to a classic physics forum...

• Rossi's answer to the JONP question he wrote contradicts his own statements (made some years ago) about gammas from runaway reactors. I am sure that canor another member can find the references. From memory around about the time of the Ferrara adventures.

Neutron evolution

Board of Advisers
    May 6, 2010 at 10:07 PM

This insight of Dr Dufour is very interesting. It merits a deep analysis. We never found emission of neutrons outside the reactor, with exception of once, when the reactor has gone out of control because we tried to raise further the pressure. In that case we got a strong emission of neutrons, detected from the bubble neutron revelators. But in average exercise we never had an emission of neutrons. Our shield is made by 20 mm of boron, 20 mm of lead. The water flow has not shielding power towards the neutrons. We detected emission of gamma rays, which have been thermalized in the water flow, and we have strong evidence of matter -antimetter reaction

(positrons + electrons), with production of energy through the annichilation, but we didn’t get neutrons. We think it is because we don’t reach the energy level necessary to the neutrons to get out of the nucleus. Nevertheless the analysis of Dr Dufour is extremely interesting and we want to go through it.

Andrea Rossi

Andrea Rossi

May 7th, 2010 at 6:52 AM

Very interesting. After 2 hours we still have thermal emission, but still we don’t have radiations out of the reactor. Of course, the lasting of thermal emission means that readiation (gamma) continues to be thermalized. We ( Focardi and me) are convinced that neutrons don’t reach the energy to exit the nuclea, with some exception, which is thermalized in 20′,also because our shielding od boron and lead is much lower that you calculated.

Warm Regards,

Andrea Rossi

Andrea Rossi

May 1st, 2011 at 4:19 PM

Dear Mr Mauro Rossi:

1- we consume about 1 gram og hydrogen in 24 hours

2- I never saw neutrons and neutrinos, with exception of few times, when I saw neutrons, captured in bubble columns, but for a very particular experiment I made by myself, being very dangerous.

3- No, I didn’t.

Warm regards,

A.R.

Andrea Rossi

July 6th, 2012 at 10:09 AM

Dear Dr Enrico Billi:

1- yes, it is so

2- no, we have never detected neutrons outside the reactor

Lavolale, Lavolale!

A.R.

- I never saw neutrons and neutrinos

The Genius of Modena can detect neutrinos in his "factory?"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neutrino_detector

... and just for the record, Shane D. the megawatt test with the leaky machine and the Diesel generator and the NATO colonel happened in 2011, not 2012. BTW, WTF is a "NATO colonel?" Rossi made it up. NATO does not have its own military ranks. If you Google "Colonel Domenico Fioraventi" you get only a young Italian swimming champion and "colonel" is not in the Wikipedia entry. The character in Rossi's story is probably an actor he hired or an old friend of his.

At one point, Rossi claimed that all the energy produced by the ecat came from "thermalization of gammas" by a thin lead layer he supposedly surrounded them with. Nonsense!

... we have strong evidence of matter -antimetter[sic] reaction [-Rossi]

Really, Dewey? You and Darden hired this guy for millions?

• WTF is a "NATO colonel?"

You know what a colonel is, and presumably what NATO is, so why constantly ask the same dumb question?

...And in an effort to nip a tiresome 'conversation' in the bud:

He is also a real colonel who was seconded to NATO and for reasons one could only imagine is next to impossible to find on the web. Some might take that as proof he is imaginary, but I have had a first-hand account of his reality.

• In answer to a question about ITER, Rossi shows a rare display of frustration with his critics. I have some sympathy with what he wrote.

1. Andrea Rossi July 4, 2018 at 9:10 PM

Paolo:

In 1950

they said that surely within 20 years the hot fusion was going to be in regular production of energy.

In 1959: my teacher of the elementary school, during a class research about from where electricity came, told us that the hot fusion was going to be the main source before we turned twenty ( I remember this well, because it impressed me ).

In 1966

I perfectly remember that in my high school ( Liceo Scientifico Alessandro Volta ) my text book of Physics taught me that within 30 years, even if later than expected, the nuclear hot fusion was going to be the main energy source for ever. My teacher of Physics, Prof Vezzoli, who, beside a Prof of Physics in a high school of Milan was also a senior researcher of the Montedison R&D laboratory, confirmed.

In the seventies

in a physics manual I had to study for an exam during my doctorate, there was written that within the nineties hot fusion would be a sure thing.

In the eighties

I read in a book of physics that surely by the year 2000 ( a magic number ) the plant named ITER would have the first operative hot fusion plant of the world.

In the nineties

Dr Fleishmann and Dr Pons have been character assassinated because after several months their theory had not been replicated.

In 2001

I read on the scientific page of the Italian newspaper Sole 24 Ore that the ITER was ready to be started up within twenty years

After 2001

until today the ITER ( now dubbed EATER from some ) reached 50 billion dollars of actualized combined financing from the taxpayers.

As a matter of fact, all these steps had a common denominator: a Niagara falls of money time by time fallen on the pockets of a world that has not to account for the results of their expenses, with the excuse that their task is so important that any delay is ( and will remain for ever ) as unavoidable as death.

In 2018 some guy, that I deem very talented in improvising funny questions, keeps asking me why, after 8 years of work totally self-financed, the Ecat is not yet for sale in the internet and in the shelves and, to add fun to fun, warns me that this delay is feeding scepticism.

The real source of envy I feel for the hot-fusionists is that they delay always, 70 years since, the target to become operative with the plant beyond the expected term of their jobs, so whatever will happen, they will never have to respond of what they do with the money of others, while I have to respond of what I do, putting my life AND my money on the stakes, with the responsibility to do it before I die.

They say that the LENR are impossible because of the Coulombian forces, but it is nuclear Physics archeology, based on theoretical concepts of the fifties, before consolidated and replicated phenomenons of tunnel effect and before big cracks have been put in evidence about incongruences. In nuclear Physics the last revolution has been made by Enrico Fermi, in the thirties…after that has been just made particles accounting cracking down already known nuts to see what is inside, but if you look only in the nut, always the same nut, you do not see what is outside the nut, albeit you sure become a nuttologist of that specific nut. Until somebody says: ” Hey, guy, look outside the nut…there is a lot of dark things, why don’t we turn on the light, so they will be no more dark?”

Dark matter is a mental masturbation that means ‘ matter we understood nothing of because our models are limited’. I am studying my effect and I am all the more convinced that the temperature we are reaching raises waves we have not a model of and the energy we are producing comes from annihilaton of virtual waves, this explaining why we do not generate ionizing radiations that have the energy to exit the reactor during their life ( probably 10^-23 s )after which they are thermalized.

But, they say, this is “IMPOSSIBLE” , like the title of the book ” An Impossible Invention ” of my friend Mats Lewan, a scientific journalist and a chemical Engineer from one of the most important universities of Sweden; what is, then possible in the hot fusion system? What is that these Gurus of the real and sole shared science and technology deem POSSIBLE? Here are some cherrypicked highlights:

1: ” we will reach 150 million Celsius degrees, but the container ( with involuntary irony dubbed ‘ the donut ‘ ) will not boil out in fractions of seconds because of few inches of a magnetic field that will be induced by current between the 150 million degrees plasma and the ceramic insulation of the torus ( the donut ). When Prof Sergio Focardi and I finished to read this , after our laughs faded, we calculated that the probability to maintain stable such a magnetic field to protect permanently- as my friend Orsobubu, who is invited, would say- and uniformly is around 10^-23. When a shared-certification-qualified scientist tells you that this magnetic field is doable, he says a thing that he surely knows is impossible ( that for true ).

2- “The hot fusion is the most environmentally friendly energy source, because it does not use radioactive materials”. As a matter of fact, this is not just a stupidity: it is a blatant deception, taking advantage of the fact that the non students of the matter cannot know what follows: it is true that the hot fusion is made with non radioactive materials, but it is also true that it PRODUCES very radioactive materials, like tritium, a hydrogen isotope that does not exist in nature, but is produced in the nuclear fission power plants, together with plutonium. Tritium is one of the most dangerous isotopes existing, more dangerous than Uranium 235 ( the bomb grade uranium ), due to its relatively short emilife, which implies strong radiations. It plays a key role in fusion bombs.

3- ” A hot fusion power plant is not dangerous because it does not work with radioactive materials”: just read again the point 2.

Why do intelligent and educated scientists and politics say these false things? Come on…THE DONUT OF THE EATER ( PARDON, ITER )!

Warm Regards,

A.R.

• We can be against Rossi, for a lot of reason, but I'm sorry guys, these words are full of common sense ..

I will add to ITER 50 billion, those from LHC and future super LHC;

They start from the premise that the greater kinetic energy, the more will make small pieces of matter and more we will see new things .. today, they found the Higgs boson, and confirmation about standard model, nothing more , following this method..which cost us dearly ..

It reminds me a lot of blogger who mixes high hydrogen and XH pressures, very masculine like spirit all this..strength always strength ..

DF

• Tritium is toxic in the sense of carcinogenicity and induced mutations if inhaled or if tritiated substances are ingested. Obviously it can't injure organisms at a distance. It is insidious because if you are not specifically looking for it, you won't know you have been contaminated. But it certainly is not the most dangerous etc. etc.

• Talk about nonsense, I recall working in a tritium lab long ago where just outside the lab door there was a card table with chairs under a sign that read something like 'Tritium Exposure Treatment Station'. There on the card table was a deck of cards, and several 24 bottle cases of Coors beer. The instructions read, 'If exposed to tritium, sit down, drink the beer while you play cards." The wisdom of that practical and effective treatment station is that tritium will be bound as water in your body and thus flushing lots of water through your system will effectively cleanse you of the tritium.' Nothing quite makes for a lot of pissing than drinking copious amounts of 3.2 watery beer!