Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• In answer to a question about ITER, Rossi shows a rare display of frustration with his critics. I have some sympathy with what he wrote.

1. Andrea Rossi July 4, 2018 at 9:10 PM

Paolo:

In 1950

they said that surely within 20 years the hot fusion was going to be in regular production of energy.

In 1959: my teacher of the elementary school, during a class research about from where electricity came, told us that the hot fusion was going to be the main source before we turned twenty ( I remember this well, because it impressed me ).

In 1966

I perfectly remember that in my high school ( Liceo Scientifico Alessandro Volta ) my text book of Physics taught me that within 30 years, even if later than expected, the nuclear hot fusion was going to be the main energy source for ever. My teacher of Physics, Prof Vezzoli, who, beside a Prof of Physics in a high school of Milan was also a senior researcher of the Montedison R&D laboratory, confirmed.

In the seventies

in a physics manual I had to study for an exam during my doctorate, there was written that within the nineties hot fusion would be a sure thing.

In the eighties

I read in a book of physics that surely by the year 2000 ( a magic number ) the plant named ITER would have the first operative hot fusion plant of the world.

In the nineties

Dr Fleishmann and Dr Pons have been character assassinated because after several months their theory had not been replicated.

In 2001

I read on the scientific page of the Italian newspaper Sole 24 Ore that the ITER was ready to be started up within twenty years

After 2001

until today the ITER ( now dubbed EATER from some ) reached 50 billion dollars of actualized combined financing from the taxpayers.

As a matter of fact, all these steps had a common denominator: a Niagara falls of money time by time fallen on the pockets of a world that has not to account for the results of their expenses, with the excuse that their task is so important that any delay is ( and will remain for ever ) as unavoidable as death.

In 2018 some guy, that I deem very talented in improvising funny questions, keeps asking me why, after 8 years of work totally self-financed, the Ecat is not yet for sale in the internet and in the shelves and, to add fun to fun, warns me that this delay is feeding scepticism.

The real source of envy I feel for the hot-fusionists is that they delay always, 70 years since, the target to become operative with the plant beyond the expected term of their jobs, so whatever will happen, they will never have to respond of what they do with the money of others, while I have to respond of what I do, putting my life AND my money on the stakes, with the responsibility to do it before I die.

They say that the LENR are impossible because of the Coulombian forces, but it is nuclear Physics archeology, based on theoretical concepts of the fifties, before consolidated and replicated phenomenons of tunnel effect and before big cracks have been put in evidence about incongruences. In nuclear Physics the last revolution has been made by Enrico Fermi, in the thirties…after that has been just made particles accounting cracking down already known nuts to see what is inside, but if you look only in the nut, always the same nut, you do not see what is outside the nut, albeit you sure become a nuttologist of that specific nut. Until somebody says: ” Hey, guy, look outside the nut…there is a lot of dark things, why don’t we turn on the light, so they will be no more dark?”

Dark matter is a mental masturbation that means ‘ matter we understood nothing of because our models are limited’. I am studying my effect and I am all the more convinced that the temperature we are reaching raises waves we have not a model of and the energy we are producing comes from annihilaton of virtual waves, this explaining why we do not generate ionizing radiations that have the energy to exit the reactor during their life ( probably 10^-23 s )after which they are thermalized.

But, they say, this is “IMPOSSIBLE” , like the title of the book ” An Impossible Invention ” of my friend Mats Lewan, a scientific journalist and a chemical Engineer from one of the most important universities of Sweden; what is, then possible in the hot fusion system? What is that these Gurus of the real and sole shared science and technology deem POSSIBLE? Here are some cherrypicked highlights:

1: ” we will reach 150 million Celsius degrees, but the container ( with involuntary irony dubbed ‘ the donut ‘ ) will not boil out in fractions of seconds because of few inches of a magnetic field that will be induced by current between the 150 million degrees plasma and the ceramic insulation of the torus ( the donut ). When Prof Sergio Focardi and I finished to read this , after our laughs faded, we calculated that the probability to maintain stable such a magnetic field to protect permanently- as my friend Orsobubu, who is invited, would say- and uniformly is around 10^-23. When a shared-certification-qualified scientist tells you that this magnetic field is doable, he says a thing that he surely knows is impossible ( that for true ).

2- “The hot fusion is the most environmentally friendly energy source, because it does not use radioactive materials”. As a matter of fact, this is not just a stupidity: it is a blatant deception, taking advantage of the fact that the non students of the matter cannot know what follows: it is true that the hot fusion is made with non radioactive materials, but it is also true that it PRODUCES very radioactive materials, like tritium, a hydrogen isotope that does not exist in nature, but is produced in the nuclear fission power plants, together with plutonium. Tritium is one of the most dangerous isotopes existing, more dangerous than Uranium 235 ( the bomb grade uranium ), due to its relatively short emilife, which implies strong radiations. It plays a key role in fusion bombs.

3- ” A hot fusion power plant is not dangerous because it does not work with radioactive materials”: just read again the point 2.

Why do intelligent and educated scientists and politics say these false things? Come on…THE DONUT OF THE EATER ( PARDON, ITER )!

Warm Regards,

A.R.

• We can be against Rossi, for a lot of reason, but I'm sorry guys, these words are full of common sense ..

I will add to ITER 50 billion, those from LHC and future super LHC;

They start from the premise that the greater kinetic energy, the more will make small pieces of matter and more we will see new things .. today, they found the Higgs boson, and confirmation about standard model, nothing more , following this method..which cost us dearly ..

It reminds me a lot of blogger who mixes high hydrogen and XH pressures, very masculine like spirit all this..strength always strength ..

DF

• Tritium is toxic in the sense of carcinogenicity and induced mutations if inhaled or if tritiated substances are ingested. Obviously it can't injure organisms at a distance. It is insidious because if you are not specifically looking for it, you won't know you have been contaminated. But it certainly is not the most dangerous etc. etc.

• How is a weak beta emitter like Tritium "one of the most dangerous radioactive isotopes existing"?

It is the critical material for small, efficient nuclear weapons and the hardest to make.

A hot fusion plants likeITER would have pints of the stiff sitting around.

• Talk about nonsense, I recall working in a tritium lab long ago where just outside the lab door there was a card table with chairs under a sign that read something like 'Tritium Exposure Treatment Station'. There on the card table was a deck of cards, and several 24 bottle cases of Coors beer. The instructions read, 'If exposed to tritium, sit down, drink the beer while you play cards." The wisdom of that practical and effective treatment station is that tritium will be bound as water in your body and thus flushing lots of water through your system will effectively cleanse you of the tritium.' Nothing quite makes for a lot of pissing than drinking copious amounts of 3.2 watery beer!

• Tritium is toxic in the sense of carcinogenicity and induced mutations if inhaled or if tritiated substances are ingested. Obviously it can't injure organisms at a distance. It is insidious because if you are not specifically looking for it, you won't know you have been contaminated. But it certainly is not the most dangerous etc. etc.

Any water soluble radioactive source is dangerous because contaminated water is an easy and pervasive gateway into the body.

• Talk about nonsense, I recall working in a tritium lab long ago where just outside the lab door there was a card table with chairs under a sign that read something like 'Tritium Exposure Treatment Station'. There on the card table was a deck of cards, and several 24 bottle cases of Coors beer. The instructions read, 'If exposed to tritium, sit down, drink the beer while you play cards." The wisdom of that practical and effective treatment station is that tritium will be bound as water in your body and thus flushing lots of water through your system will effectively cleanse you of the tritium.' Nothing quite makes for a lot of pissing than drinking copious amounts of 3.2 watery beer!

The issue is that you might not know that you have ingested radioactive water.

• It seems Rossi is reading comments here and there on potential approval from local authorities for his "dangerous" live product presentation, and is starting to prepare his believers and followers for a "video demonstration" instead showing his final product in action. So no one needs to wear special eye protection to avoid potential blindness...

He will be of course more flexible with a nicely tweaked/edited video presentation from his lab...:)

• It seems Rossi is reading comments here and there on potential approval from local authorities for his "dangerous" live product presentation, and is starting to prepare his believers and followers for a "video demonstration" instead showing his final product in action. So no one needs to wear special eye protection to avoid potential blindness...

He will be of course more flexible with a nicely tweaked/edited video presentation from his lab...:)

...obviously there is nothing else to expect...

At least with a video the presentation of the

product will not be delayed.

• I am looking forward to this presentation, just for curiosity. The question will be how convincing this will be for the invited visitors. I hope Rossi will not only show a noce video, but maybe also pictures from his team and the robotic production line. This would finally leave no doubt, that he has what he says he has, but I think you won't need to be convinced anyway, will you?

• I am looking forward to this presentation, just for curiosity. The question will be how convincing this will be for the invited visitors. I hope Rossi will not only show a noce video, but maybe also pictures from his team and the robotic production line. This would finally leave no doubt, that he has what he says he has, but I think you won't need to be convinced anyway, will you?

Are You new to this topic ?

• It doesn't matter what Rossi shows in January, the babblers will not believe it until commercial units are in operation.

There is a good chance he will demonstrate the QX live as he now has a commercial unit.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.