Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• Official Post

Instant classic! :thumbup:

• Other LENR developers should observe the type of resistance and astroturfing that your product will eventually be subjected to from the enemies of LENR. With this obstacle in mind, make sure you have in hand an air tight theory of how your product works and can prove it without any doubt.

• Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner folks. Looking into my magic orb, I see the reason that this installation not happening is because the customer (who will remain nameless lest we sully their reputation) will fail to obtain the necessary permits, etc. for which it was responsible and, THEREFORE, Rossi alas could not proceed -- to be published in late 2018 or early 2019.

• I want to push back on the notion that LENR is nuclear. LENR produces no gamma radiation. and neutrons. The energy that LENR releases could well come from the vacuum. It is up to the regulators to duplicate Rossi's reactor and determine where the energy is coming from before they ban that energy source as having an unknown character. For all intents and purposes LENR is not harmful to life since LENR can also be produced by bacteria.

Sorry boyo, that is not how regulators/certifications/insurers work. They don't HAVE to guess and try to figure out what you are doing. If you don't, then yes, they can simply not approve what you are doing. No approval, no certification, no insurance, no operation. They don't have the burden to figure it out, the inventor has the burden to explain. The simple fact that you don't understand that explains many things, but, to borrow a page from AA, it would take too much time to explain them to you.

PS: Your argument is analogous to saying to the PTO that they need to figure out how something works and if they can't they must issue a patent. Good luck with that approach.

• The Rossi reactor is now a DISTRIBUTED reactor in that the energy that is produced comes from many 100 watt units connected together by a flow of coolant where a failure will be isolated to only one of these units. These independent units are isolated functionally and do not interact as happens in a neutron based nuclear reaction. In other words the design of the QX reactor regardless of its size is inherently safe.

Axil, who has the extraordinary ability to transform wild speculation into declaratives, also has another remarkable skill:

Other LENR developers should observe the type of resistance and astroturfing that your product will eventually be subjected to from the enemies of LENR. With this obstacle in mind, make sure you have in hand an air tight theory of how your product works and can prove it without any doubt.

Following up the ridiculous (400,000 100 W units) with prophetic warnings based on enemy conspiracy theories.

Now that's entertainment, folks!

• I think we need to create an award for creative writing. The writing must be of a consistent quality, must be fiction and must demonstrate the ability to extrapolate beyond the bounds of all known facts and established theories. I would suggest that such award, in honor of his unequaled excelling in demonstrating these principles, be named the "Axil." Other awards being considered, similar to the "Axil," are the "Sam12" and the "Adrian," the criterion for both of which are still under development and consideration by the Nobel committees.

• The Mills GUT theory that underpins how his tech works is how he intends to avoid the AstroTurfing that accompanies a tech that is not yet otherwised explained. You got to give Mills his due to come up with a theory that is non nuclear...totally based on chemistry that explains how his product produces energy. He also has a boatload of followers who support his concepts with religious intensity. Maybe Rossi should embrace the hydrino theory with a change in his patent. This new tech approach for Rossi will solve his certification problems. But is Rossi so dishonest to embrace a fraudulent theory to advance his own interests?

• Other LENR developers should observe the type of resistance and astroturfing that your product will eventually be subjected to from the enemies of LENR.

Yes. These fusty demands that cold fusion reactors should meet the standards imposed on all other equipment are unfair. Why should cold fusion have to be tested and certified, just because all other sources of energy and industrial equipment has been since 1880? * This is astroturfing by the enemies of LENR, such as me.

With this obstacle in mind, make sure you have in hand an air tight theory of how your product works and can prove it without any doubt.

Right! And of course, academic professors and the Nuclear Regulatory Commissioners will instantly believe your theory, and greenlight your 40 MW reactor, whether it has been tested or not. They will collectively slap their foreheads and say, "why didn't we think of it!" Because that's how scientists and engineers react to new ideas. They don't want to see for themselves. They take your word for it.

That's why, for example, when Boeing develops a new airplane, they don't bother with flight testing. Nobody certifies it. The first prototype off the production line flies right to a major airport, they load it up with unsuspecting passengers, and off to Wild Blue Yonder they go! Five minutes before takeoff they give the pilot a rough draft of the operator manuals, in case he has any questions. That's how it's done, according to A.A. and Axil. Regulations, schmegulations. Who needs 'em? If the engines crank up, ship it.

* 1880 was the founding date of the ASME. Their first big projects were improving the regulation and inspection of boilers. Of course boilers and other equipment was regulated long before that. There were laws regulating fires, coal use and boilers in London in 1600. I recall reading about a double burning furnace tested around that time by burning coal soaked with cat piss. The furnace was so good, the smell hardly bothered the observers. It made me wonder, "where did they get that coal?" I suppose they must have shut some cats in a coal bin for a while. Poor things!

• The Mills GUT theory that underpins how his tech works is how he intends to avoid the AstroTurfing that accompanies a tech that is not yet otherwised explained. You got to give Mills his due to come up with a theory that is non nuclear...totally based on chemistry that explains how his product produces energy. He also has a boatload of followers who support his concepts with religious intensity. Maybe Rossi should embrace the hydrino theory with a change in his patent. This new tech approach for Rossi will solve his certification problems. But is Rossi so dishonest to embrace a fraudulent theory to advance his own interests?

I will assume that is a rhetorical question. Also, and I am not a patent lawyer, but if he changes to adopt this new theory, whouldn't he have problems with the issue of pre-existing art?

• Rossi said that the QX reactor would be used to implement the low powered home unit because of its safety. The SK reactor would be used to implement the bigger industrial applications. The SK is either 10k watts per unit or 100K watts per unit. A 40 Mw application would be made up of an array of 400 SK units.

• I will assume that is a rhetorical question. Also, and I am not a patent lawyer, but if he changes to adopt this new theory, whouldn't he have problems with the issue of pre-existing art?

No person can claim ownership of a law of nature. The Mills GUT is a replacement of QM and as such is a law of nature.

• - Do you think that that document is still important in order to evaluate the Ecat story and reality?
    Yes, but the main 'proof' document only covers the 'steam' versions

- Do you still endorse the conclusions drawn in the last version
    Neither proven nor disproven : yes

- Do you think that the set of the possible fakes taken into account is complete?
    Yes / probably

- Are you going to issue a new updated version of that document?
    No -- Though I should wrap up the front page with comments similar to these

Thank you for your answers to my questions.

You started the "Proving the Rossi eCat is Real" document a few weeks after the first Ecat tests, at the beginning of 2011 (1). This document should have examined all the possible fakes that had been suggested on the web at that time to explain the incredible results of those tests. However, it completely ignores some well-documented flaws that show that the heat data were actually fake. For example, the incredible energy performances reported by the UniBo professors after demo on January 14, 2011 can be explained by 3 evident flaws, which have been described on physisìcsforum (2) at the end of March 2011.

Now, I'd have some more questions for you.

- Did you see that comment on pysiscsforum at that time?

- If you saw it, why have you not included the discussion on those 3 flaws in your document?

- In any case, don't you think now that those flaws should also be considered?

- Do you agree that those 3 flaws provide a simple explanation of how the heat output of the first public demo on the Ecat could have been faked?

(1) https://www.mail-archive.com/v…@eskimo.com/msg43313.html

(2) http://www.physicsforums.com/showpost.php?p=3219628&postcount=8

1. TOUSSAINT francois August 16, 2018 at 5:05 AM

Dear Andrea Rossi

I wish you a great success with this first 40 Mw plant, and there will be many more to come !

Is there still an important test this august with the SK E-CAT ?

Warm Regards

Toussaint françois

2. Andrea Rossi August 16, 2018 at 7:58 AM

Toussaint Francois:

Thank you for your kind wishes. Yes, an extremely important test will be made at the end of August through the first 10 days of September. After that, strategic decisions will have to be made.

Warm Regards,

A.R.

3. Frank Acland August 16, 2018 at 5:42 AM

Dear Andrea,

Do you already have all the necessary authorizations to install and operate the 40 MW plant?

Kind regards,

Frank Acland

4. Andrea Rossi August 16, 2018 at 7:56 AM

Frank Acland:

Our Customer is dealing with this issue. We have the necessary safety certification already done and all our plant’s components are certified. Locally certified engineers are dealing with specific licenses.

Warm Regards,

A.R.

As the situation now stands: this dialog tells me that Rossi must use the QX reactor in the 40 MW application because he has certification of that product. Either that or Rossi intends to wait to further develop the SK before he attempts to use the SK to manufacture the 40 MW reactor.

• Please enlighten us as to the basis for your claim that Rossi "has certification of that product." I don't remember anyone finding any public record of such a certification, an application therefor or any posting by Rossi of a copy of any such a certification. Or is this another instance of RossiSays?

• Please enlighten us as to the basis for your claim that Rossi "has certification of that product." I don't remember anyone finding any public record of such a certification, an application therefor or any posting by Rossi of a copy of any such a certification. Or is this another instance of RossiSays?

That is a fine idea. Ask Rossi in his blog to post his QX related certifications.

• That is a fine idea. Ask Rossi in his blog to post his QX related certifications.

YOU claimed that Rossi had certifications. I am asking YOU to produce copies of what Rossi has produced, if any, or give me a link to a citation where I can find them. I know, and often repeated, that I don't trust RossiSays and accord it no legitimacy. If you can't show these famous certifications, why do you believe they exist? Other than RossiSays, of course.

• I think we need to create an award for creative writing. The writing must be of a consistent quality, must be fiction and must demonstrate the ability to extrapolate beyond the bounds of all known facts and established theories. I would suggest that such award, in honor of his unequaled excelling in demonstrating these principles, be named the "Axil." Other awards being considered, similar to the "Axil," are the "Sam12" and the "Adrian," the criterion for both of which are still under development and consideration by the Nobel committees.

I like it. So then the appropriate term for the 400,000 unit device followed by the prophetic conspiracy theory would be (wait for it)...

a double Axil!

Such entertaining feats, fantasy leaps, and paranoia combined into one! The standard has been set.

And look, AA is up next and set to perform a Rossi triple kowtow!

It just gets better and better.

(Sam12, I'm sorry to say, you need to up your game).

• And a question for AA: would certifications, underwriting approvals, etc. have to be attached to or publicly posted near where the applicable piece of equipment is located? You have represented in your posts that you have a great familiarity with furnaces and boilers (IIRC). Aren't their UL or similar certificates required to be attached or posted nearby, along with their general specifications?

If such certificates/labels/etc. are not attached to Rossi's black box and there is a fire or other accident, even in the attached building, how are emergency responders supposed to react. If they don't know what is in the black box, can they safely use water to combat a fire, or must they use a specific chemical, and if so, what chemical? Does the black box represent contain hazardous materials and/or will a fire turn any materials into hazardous chemicals. No insurance company is going to insure a facility if a company can't tell the local fire/emergency departments what they might be dealing with.

You may not have dealt with these issues from an insurance perspective but surely, from your vast experience in supervising the construction of all of those plants you have mentioned, you would have had to deal with the issues of accident prevention, coordination with emergency responders and related issues. And generally, as I understand it, the local fire department has to sign off and approve before you begin construction, much less operation. In your vast experience, is the local fire department likely to approve solely because RossiSays or will they want details of what the device is, how it operates and what are the potential risks? Remember also that Rossi has publicly said that there is the possibility of his earlier devices exploding and causing damage to property and possibly lives. In light of that, wouldn't it be prudent for a fire department to insist on details. And, as I am sure you know (unlike Axil), the fire department doesn't have to prove it is not safe, it would be Rossi's (or the "independent customer's) responsibility to prove it is safe.

Looking forward to your answers as I know you would not stoop to claiming some excuse to avoid answering.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.