Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• Certifications again... *sigh*

Last image, BOLD = Rossi Replies (BV = Bureau Veritas)

Thank you, Para, I am no SOOOOOOOOOO relieved. I was seriously concerned that Rossi might have some sort of BS certification, but these provide me with an overwhelming sense of confidence. AND WE REALLY NEED A SARCASM BUTTON.

"Our Customer is dealing with this issue. We have the necessary safety certification already done and all our plant’s components are certified. Locally certified engineers are dealing with specific licenses."

But question for the engineers here (although I suspect I know the answer - NO): if I take a piece of 4 inch OD Schedule 40 PVC, and an assortment of similar fittings and connectors, etc., all of which have been tested and certified and have their own magic sticker, and construct a "rube goldberg" contraption of a boiler, is that a "certified boiler" suitable for use as such? As I said above, I suspect NOT. And yet Rossi seems to believe that because all of his components are "certified" the combination thereof must be. I would appreciate the engineers, including AA, weighing in.

• That was in response to Abe (whoever he might be) pointing out how impressive it would be to fit 4000 reactors in 8 cubic meters. Rossi can never spot sarcasm. Sorry I can't work out how to cut and paste quotes from his forum using this tablet.

• Thank you, Para, I am no SOOOOOOOOOO relieved. I was seriously concerned that Rossi might have some sort of BS certification, but these provide me with an overwhelming sense of confidence. AND WE REALLY NEED A SARCASM BUTTON.

"Our Customer is dealing with this issue. We have the necessary safety certification already done and all our plant’s components are certified. Locally certified engineers are dealing with specific licenses."

But question for the engineers here (although I suspect I know the answer - NO): if I take a piece of 4 inch OD Schedule 40 PVC, and an assortment of similar fittings and connectors, etc., all of which have been tested and certified and have their own magic sticker, and construct a "rube goldberg" contraption of a boiler, is that a "certified boiler" suitable for use as such? As I said above, I suspect NOT. And yet Rossi seems to believe that because all of his components are "certified" the combination thereof must be. I would appreciate the engineers, including AA, weighing in.

I'm mostly familiar with the rules on electronic equipment not boilers and it's been awhile....

It's not clear what certification Rossi needs as he's not actually selling his heaters anymore, they will remain his property. The rules on prototypes are also minimal. I've shipped batches of say 20 prototype hardware units to the USA for others to use for software development or testing and no certification is needed for that.

To get full product ertification our kit was tested to FCC standards for radio emissions by ourselves and by an independent test house. We also needed UL and CSA approval (for Canada). To get UL approval there is/was more to it than just using approved parts. In my day several prototypes had to be tested and production line itself certified to make sure there was QA proceedures in place so that production units would perform the same as the prototypes. I don't think it's changed.

• I agree with Stefan.

I'm not surprised. See my answer to his post.

Of course a glass furnace has an exhaust for the products of combustion and the gas and particulates emitted by melting the batch. What you fail to realize is that most of the heat from the exhaust is recovered by the regenerators, that are an integral part of the furnace, and recycled. Without that you couldn't reach those temperatures. Th chimney is generally outside the building.

I only mentioned glass furnaces to point out Jed's mistake. I'm trying to ignore the later mistakes as pointing them out only leads to pages of off topic babble.

• I want to push back on the notion that LENR is nuclear. LENR produces no gamma radiation. and neutrons. The energy that LENR releases could well come from the vacuum. It is up to the regulators to duplicate Rossi's reactor and determine where the energy is coming from before they ban that energy source as having an unknown character. For all intents and purposes LENR is not harmful to life since LENR can also be produced by bacteria.

impossible. No vakuum energy harvesting is possible. Maybe You should stop taking LSD THAT OFTEN.

• I'm not surprised. See my answer to his post.

Of course a glass furnace has an exhaust for the products of combustion and the gas and particulates emitted by melting the batch. What you fail to realize is that most of the heat from the exhaust is recovered by the regenerators, that are an integral part of the furnace, and recycled. Without that you couldn't reach those temperatures. Th chimney is generally outside the building.

I only mentioned glass furnaces to point out Jed's mistake. I'm trying to ignore the later mistakes as pointing them out only leads to pages of off topic babble.

Adrian: What Did You exaclty produce in those glace furnaces ?

• Other than being completely credulous with regard to Rossi, Adrian, Axil and Sam have nothing in common. Why anyone would lobby to sanction the three of them is inexplicable. Sam is always cheerful and positive. Axil lives in an entirely imaginary world where word salad is the language. It is true that Adrian is angry, irrational and belligerent at all times, but that is his skill set. So if you don’t find it entertaining, just ignore him. As Alan said, without the Three Amigos, there’d be little more than the choir to preach to.

• So boiling this down;

Statement 1; Rossisays the customer will sort out the authorizations and/or insurance for the plant.

Statement 2; But Rossisays the customer is not allowed to know any details of what is in Rossi’s big black box.

So how can the customer possibly submit for authorizations and/or insurance for something that they have no information on?

How does that work?

Seems like this is a very basic logical fallacy or am I missing something?

• Adrian: What Did You exaclty produce in those glace furnaces ?

That particular furnace was a large side port that replaced two smaller, inefficient furnaces. It made soda lime flint (colorless) glass for containers.

• Seems like this is a very basic logical fallacy or am I missing something?

You are missing something.

Rossi supplies the safety certification for his plant.

The customer gets permission to have it on his premises and for the connection of it.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.