Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• Roseland,

That may be the case, but Rossi usually does carry through on these things, when he commits the way he has done recently. Both Adrian and I agree with that. Where I and AA disagree, is that I think Rossi always disappoints. In other words; what he leads us to expect, never materializes. We are always left disappointed, and confused.

experiences, experiments and observations,

(The scientific method really), about anything Andrea Rossi and Eact variants

Have led me to expect nothing, this I am no longer disappointed.

• The good news is that it now looks like Rossi will start with a smaller unit than the 40 MW. I hope he standardizes on a small 1 or 5 MW unit and adds them as they are produced.

The bad news is that it will now be a long time before learning who the customer is. I have no idea what he will show in January.

I don't think in megawatts and so did some rough conversions to understand the situation better. I have difficulty reading numbers now so there are probably mistakes.

With these assumptions (high COP) it looks difficult to get a good ROI competing against natural gas. Certainly for small units and they will have to be built very cheaply. Making electricity seems a much more profitable route - and this will take time.

Average commercial natural gas $8.45 /1000 cu ft (Mcf)

https://www.eia.gov/dnav/ng/ng_pri_sum_dcu_nus_m.htm

Average electricity price in US ~$0.12/kW (huge local variations)

One thousand cubic feet (Mcf) of natural gas equals 1.037 million Btu (MBtu)

1 MW = 3,4 MBtu/h, so=~ 3.4 Mcf = $28.73/hour.

Rossi's cost/MW is $120/COP 25 = $4.8/hr

80% customers cost = $23, so Rossi makes $18/hr

or $16,000/MW/yr. For 40 MW $640,000/yr.

An electric car uses say 100hp = 74.57 kW

Add another 25% for heating,cooling & misc, say 1ookW

A small gas turbine say ~ 30% efficient, so needs 333 kW

So would require 333QX or 33+ 10 kW SK reactors.

(A large turbine is now ~60% efficient.)

edited mistake in electric car

• The good news is that it now looks like Rossi will start with a smaller unit than the 40 MW. I hope he standardizes on a small 1 or 5 MW unit and adds them as they are produced.

The bad news is that it will now be a long time before learning who the customer is. I have no idea what he will show in January.

I don't think in megawatts and so did some rough conversions to understand the situation better. I have difficulty reading numbers now so there are probably mistakes.

With these assumptions (high COP) it looks difficult to get a good ROI competing against natural gas. Certainly for small units and they will have to be built very cheaply. Making electricity seems a much more profitable route - and this will take time.

Adrian, for months here you have been telling us to wait and see, and that you, unlike us, are a truly unbiased commentator. Sam has been clear that he will wait till April 2019 and if no goods then will disappear. Are you saying that come next year, when what we have always told you happens (more excuses for no evidence of working e-cat) you will swallow these and stay faithful?

• Ascoli: Anyway, self-delusion can't excuse the arrogance of professors to refuse any public confrontation on the data that they chose to divulge directly through internet, thus contravening to the normal academic procedure of submitting a scientific publication and coping with the examination of their peers. They called the public as judges of their measurements, and when some of them asked further clarifications, they tried to intimidate them by threatening legal actions.

Ok, I take the point it is the academics here you criticise.

I criticise them too, but I think the most likely reasons for silence have a lot to do with fear of cans of worms having been opened, and little to do with arrogance. There are many reasons for making mistakes, arrogance is only one. I'm not going to make judgements on little information. I have enough information, from Mats' reporting, to judge only Levi, and him only partially. In this matter, if honest, he has certainly the arrogance of someone who persists in mistakes because he does not not listen to others.

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Oh well, the Rossi clone army once again.

At least now all the clones have learned how to spell Stockholm...

• Adrian, for months here you have been telling us to wait and see, and that you, unlike us, are a truly unbiased commentator.

We still have to wait and see what Rossi comes up with in January. Neither of us knows although you think you do. I am not forecasting anything.

• Oh well, the Rossi clone army once again.

At least now all the clones have learned how to spell Stockholm...

And 99% of these sockpuppets posts say: convincing!

And indeed, the demo was very convincing for me too.

I'm now convinced that, after the Doral charade, Rossi still hasn't got a working reactor with Power out > Power in.

Doesn't matter what it's named now, QX or SK.

It was a big surprise for me, seeing this 3 slides of the demo presentation, presented by Mats Lewan, showing the schematic of the circuit and some basic calculation.

I expected the worth and was not disappointed from the rest of the show. With the highlight of Rossi fiddling hidden switches.

So, yes! Very convincing!

• Rossi has given more information about the January news affair.

He says it will mark the start of industrial production. The timing is more in line with what I forecast, that working units would not be ready by then.

"Complete the industrialization. We are not ready, yet. The meaning of the presentation is to say ” we started the industrial production”, which we are not yet doing."

From what I wrote earlier, LENR loooks like having a hard time competing with natural gas for heating, so I suppose widespread use will have to wait until a LENR gas turbine is produced.

• It was a big surprise for me, seeing this 3 slides of the demo presentation, presented by Mats Lewan, showing the schematic of the circuit and some basic calculation.

I expected the worth and was not disappointed from the rest of the show. With the highlight of Rossi fiddling hidden switches.

So, what is your point, apart from not being disappointed?

• Hello Adrian,

if you were used to work with electric shematics you would not ask that question.

Now, I'm not sure if this may sound offensive. I'm not a native English speaker. It's not ment offensive!

Question:

Are you used to work with shematics/diagramms for electric circuits?

Have you ever made a setup with electric components and made a documatation of the setup.

For the archives? For replication? For certification purposes?

My problem is: This is an improper setup, compared to the "measurement" and the calcalation.

Is the QX 800 Ohms? Or is it approx. 0 Ohms.

There are resistances in series with 1 Ohm, which Rossis uses as a shunt.

I for my self has never seen a power source setup, where somebody had to notice "about 60 W active cooling".

Do you?

BTW:

Monday, 4:58 pm, Adrian Ashfield wrote

"I don't know what the resistance is, which is why I said further measurements are required to confirm it.

But I think it likely the resistance of a plasma inside a container only 8 mm long is likely to be < 1 ohm, as Rossi states.

I've read about your problem with your eyes and I'm really sorry for that.

If you use a modern browser version like Firefox, Edge, Chrome or Opera, you can easily

"scope/magnify" the pages with holding down either left or right "CTRL" and using the scroll wheel of the mouse.

• If you use a modern browser version like Firefox, Edge, Chrome or Opera, you can easily

"scope/magnify" the pages with holding down either left or right "CTRL" and using the scroll wheel of the mouse.

I use Firefox and zoom the page to one step before the orange button to go to the top of the page spreads out as abroad orange band right across it. (Which is a real pain for me Alan)

At that size when I look at say (100) I see nothing with my right eye and (1 0) in light grey wth my left. I can't read the colored fonts on thediagrams anymore.

Edit added. It's not as bad as it sounds. General vision is OK but lower resilution. The brain fills in the blind spot like the bllind spts everyone has. So it is just a problem when looking for detail in the center of vision. The size of the blind spot gradually increases.

If you would answer the question about what you see wrong with the diagrams, beyond needing the assumption of the resistance of the QX, (which we all know aobut already) it would be apreciated.

• We get that part Ascoli.

Yes, I know, but let me say you got the wrong part. Not the first time it happened, I'd say :)

Blaming Rossi for all the LENR misadventures can be entertaining, I understand, but it doesn't provide any explanation for the CF/LENR phenomenon, which - since 1989, after being rejected by the mainstream science – is no longer a scientific issue, but sociopsychological and philosophical.

The two articles by Huw Price on his concept of "reputation trap" are enlightening whit this respect. He is a guru of the present time. He teaches Philosophy of Science at one of most famous university, so he knows for sure the History of Science, and necessarily he should have a vast scientific background. He could be a member– and probably is – of the world's most important think tanks that now are planning the future of humankind. Despite all his knowledge, he celebrated the scientific geniality and the achievements of a man like Rossi. Ask yourself why. What is the real reason of this absurd and inconceivable accident? Was it Rossi?

THH concluded a previous post (1) saying: "… science flourishes from opennness and the willingness of academics to publish ideas, accept criticism, and reply to it, all in the open so that anyone can judge who is right." Do you agree with him? I do!

Does it comply with the way the academics - who in 2011 published their astonishingly measurements and results of the Ecat tests – behaved? Is it a responsibility of Rossi if they misrepresented the data and refused to provide any explanations to the common people, or even to reputable scientists, who were asking further information about the results they have proclaimed?

Please, tell me, who are to blame for what has happened since then around the Ecat affair? And in the entire CF/LENR field since 1989?

(1) Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• If you would answer the question about what you see wrong with the diagrams, beyond needing the assumption of the resistance of the QX, (which we all know aobut already) it would be apreciated.

"beyond needing the assumption of the resistance of the QX, (which we all know aobut already) it would be apreciated."

Please tell me, what is the resistance of the QX "(which what you say, we all know aobut already)" ?

From the slides, provided by Mats Lewan! Presented in front of the "high level" audiance.

What is the resistance of the QX?

Is it nearly zero Ohms or is it about 800 Ohms. All in serial with the 1 Ohms shunt.

Tell me please, what is the base of the calculation done in the demo?

Again, to make my point really clear:

Is the QX 800 Ohms or is it about approx. 0 Ohms. What result do you get from the published/presented slides by Mats Lewan, the host of this demo?

Doing calculation with eiter about zero ohme or in the other case 800 Ohms. (It matters!)

There is a big difference in calc -> Shunt 1 Ohm and QX = about zero Ohms vs. Shunt 1 Ohm and QX about 800 Ohms.

Maybe I'm only just the electric guy on technical/practical level, without acedemic level in advanced electric engineering, but Ohm's law and Kirchoff's law, yes, I know them, understand them. Used them for about 20 years in practice. Now, I'm a Team Manager, advicing other team members to USE COMMON PHYSIC LAWS, to realize real world products, eg. engergy distibutions systems for automotive purposes, aka harnesses or cabling, wires with fuse breakers and ground set up. Really real world devices. Working devices. Out there at the customer. SAFE, Not burning up! Really. Do you get my point?

Rossi/Lewan and the invited "high level audiance" does not seem not to be botherred with the provided slides.

BUT, I am!

Cheers, warm regards!

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.