Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• I can imagine there would be a flurry of letters sent to these people's employers... Look at all the hoo-ha Josephson's support generates (He basically only gets a pass due to his Nobel). Never underestimate the vitriol of a skeptic!

• Not at all. Adrian is arguing that public support for Rossi from prominent scientists gives Rossi credibility. Lack of that does not.

That logic would seem to mean if there are more scientists that do not support Rossi than those that do support him, then Rossi is less than credible than credible.

Note there are an estimated 7.5 million scientists-

http://unesdoc.unesco.org/images/0023/002354/235407e.pdf

and how many claim to publicly support Rossi - perhaps 7,

so the odds with this logic is there is a 1 in a million chance that he is credible.

• Official Post

Is he messing with us, or is he just clueless we are on to him?

Ciera Laclaire
    September 2, 2018 at 1:45 AM

Dr Rossi,

I watched the convincing and precise demonstration of the Ecat QX made in Stockholm on November 24. Sincerely: do you think the presentation you could make in January 2019 will be more important?

Then the he followed up with a new twist. Anthony wants to know where to find the video (so hard to find :) ) so he can watch it:

1. Anthony September 3, 2018 at 4:06 AM

Dr Rossi,

where can I find the report of the presentation of the Ecat QX made in Stockholm ?

Cheers

Anthony

2. Andrea Rossi September 3, 2018 at 5:44 AM

Anthony:

you can choose between:

1- go to http://www.ecat.com then choose “Press”, then choose the Stockholm complete video of the demo ( about 3 hours) or the resume ( about 6 minutes ), or the lecture of Carl-Oscar Gullstrom on the theoretical bases we are working upon ( about 1 hour )

There you will find also the important article on Aftenpost, one of the major newspapers of Scandinavia

2- google ” Ecat QX Stockholm demonstration November 24 2017

Warm Regards,

A.R.

Got to love the man. So good for business. If this next demo is a bust, maybe we can start a crowdfunding campaign to keep him around.

• The December 2017 Aftenpost article mentioned above is the one where Bo Hoistad says it is impossible to replicate Rossi. Indicating that by that time, the Professors were unable to replicate, having started attempts late in 2014 after the Lugano report was released.

• Official Post

The December 2017 Aftenpost article mentioned above is the one where Bo Hoistad says it is impossible to replicate Rossi. Indicating that by that time, the Professors were unable to replicate, having started attempts late in 2014 after the Lugano report was released.

I have commented on that Aftenpost article before as you know. Because it is behind a paywall, I could not copy. Can you paste it here?

• Rossi has done a ton of unnecessary R&D because he does not know what he is doing and he does not use close observation of experimental results to keep himself from making huge mistakes. Early on, Rossi should have understood that LENR is a highly distrutive reaction. But he still went ahead and built the Doral 1 MW plant. It fell to pieces over extended usage, and Rossi should have understood that this type of failure would surly occur. Rossi is a marginal product developer and wastes tons of money that could be saved. Any understanding of the LENR reaction would tell him that his path to a reliable produce was flawed.

• Rossi has done a ton of unnecessary R&D because he does not know what he is doing and he does not use close observation of experimental results to keep himself from making huge mistakes. Early on, Rossi should have understood that LENR is a highly distrutive reaction. But he still went ahead and built the Doral 1 MW plant. It fell to pieces over extended usage, and Rossi should have understood that this type of failure would surly occur. Rossi is a marginal product developer and wastes tons of money that could be saved. Any understanding of the LENR reaction would tell him that his path to a reliable produce was flawed.

1. Miro September 3, 2018 at 6:31 PM

Dear Dr Rossi,

How are going the tests on course in your lab?

2. Andrea Rossi September 3, 2018 at 7:03 PM

Miro:

Tomorrow will be crucial.

Working on it.

Warm Regards,

A.R.

3. Frank Acland September 3, 2018 at 2:57 PM

Dear Andrea,

You said that yourr earlier tests with the SK were done at a specialized lab. Are you doing your current tests at that same lab?

Best wishes,

Frank Acland

4. Translate Andrea Rossi September 3, 2018 at 4:27 PM

Frank Acland:

Yes.

Warm Regards,

A.R.

• You have not been able to provide the name of even one well-known scientist who currently supports Rossi

Oh yes? I sent you a link to many pages of scientists and coronations.

Apparently you can't come up with one who has backed off that

• “California requiring 100% clean energy by 2045 will cost about $350+ billion in energy storage”

What are you waiting for Andrea?

I'll tell you my thoughts on what he is waiting for.

It's my guess that Rossi knows that the roughest outline of the "know how" is already "out there" due to what Me356 shared. Moreover, the information about the spheromak connection has given out many clues. Due to this, Rossi thinks that there are already several potential competitors with what Peter Gluck called LENR+ almost ready to launch their technology. So until he is able to launch the Quark technology in a massive way -- without sharing any of his IP with partners, performing all of his own manufacturing, and keeping all of the marketshare to himself -- he isn't going to share any information that will help replicators or provide proof of the validity of his technology. Like Patterson, Andrea Rossi would rather his tech linger in the sidelines forever than push it forward in a way that could help his competitors in any way whatsoever. The sad thing is that it seems that virtually (except for perhaps Russ and Alan) all the individuals/teams that obtain really great results go dark black. Even those like me356 who made specific, repeated promises to this community to be open have went silent. I really hope though that at least one team will open source the basic mechanisms of their LENR+ technology. However, if that doesn't happen, I suspect that in 2045 we'll be stuck using marginally more efficient and significantly cheaper solar cells for energy. Sadly, they won't do anything to revolutionize energy production or transport. One hundred percent efficient solar cells won't power an average sized sedan in the middle of the day in perfect weather, unless perhaps it was pulling a trailer covered with solar panels.

Basically, due to the highly contagious and incurable inventors disease, we're pretty much screwed.

• I'll tell you my thoughts on what he is waiting for.

while I largely agree with the first part, Rossi has the difficult task of doing adequate testing with so much pressure on him to show something. I originally forecast it would be mid 2019 before he could be ready.

As for what energy will be used in the future, I'm not as pessimistic as you on LENR. Also if you follow my link on the previous page, you will see that Russia is way ahead of the US with small nuclear reactors.

• I think I understand the pressure that Rossi along with the other teams are faced with.

Once you understand the mechanisms of a more primitive (for lack of a better term) form of LENR such as plasma assisted powder based systems, the path forward is easy to see. Rossi, me356, and others can't give out the precise, clear, and step by step directions to replicate a primitive system because it will lead directly to pure plasma based systems. Do to this, I don't expect him to show anything anytime soon that has been replicated or fully one hundred percent duplicated by a partner. He won't trust anyone with his know how. So all we can hope for is that eventually he may make progress with his factory and allow a partner to perform rigorous input/output studies on a reactor. But I honestly don't know how he'll gain the trust of any potential partner after the Doral fiasco without sharing all the IP.

• Fellow old guy. I agree that there is less than a snowball's odds in hell that Rossi has anything, but I disagree with your example. Probably 99% of the scientists so identified have probably never heard of Rossi or LENR. Your sample is not representative.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.