Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• while I largely agree with the first part, Rossi has the difficult task of doing adequate testing with so much pressure on him to show something. I originally forecast it would be mid 2019 before he could be ready.

As for what energy will be used in the future, I'm not as pessimistic as you on LENR. Also if you follow my link on the previous page, you will see that Russia is way ahead of the US with small nuclear reactors.

I read the link and, without going into politics on this board, anyone who predicts that nuclear power is going to be the winning power solution going forward is smoking and not sharing. Look at what the market is doing and tell me that US energy companies believe in nuclear, in the either the near, short, medium or long term (I am talking about conventional nuclear, whether small reactors or large, not LENR or fusion). The only way nuclear is anywhere close to be economically feasible is with huuuuge government subsidies (direct or indirect). Your reference to that article tells me all I need to know about your engineering acumen going forward. Perhaps we should ask the author about his views on coal.

One other "very strong argument" I found interesting is that the Russian alleged 5th generation jet fighter is also "aesthetically pleasing," which somehow makes it more lethal. Strange, but I have never heard that a major criteria for a jet, or any other, fighter's or weapon's usefulness is how pretty it is. One might look at the A-10 Warthog, nicknamed such because it is an ugly beast. But for ground support lethality, which is its major role, there is nothing better. You take a pilot, seat him in a titanium bathtub, surround him with armor plating, give him an airframe that is difficult as hell to shoot down and arm with an electrically powered Gatling gun shooting out shells carrying depleted uranium and that is an extremely lethal machine. But, as it is ugly as all get out and aesthetically pleasing is the new criterion, I guess we should trash all the wart-hogs.

And yes, the US military design and acquisition process is full of corruption and waste, but you put up the Russian 5th generation fighter against an F-22 and the F-22 will be back in its hangar having a silhouette of a Russian jet painted on to its airframe while the Russians are still trying to figure out what happened to their plane.

• It seems that Rossi needs to remember himself every other day on his fabulous event, to keep his crowd of believers since there is no news other than Rossisays on his JONP blog since last November...

Waiting for the result of his important SK test this week. Let's bet: facing problems?delay? more tests to be conducted?, certification problems? Sigma 4,5?...^^

1. Jason Voyle September 4, 2018 at 9:17 PM

Dear Dr Andrea Rossi:

More congratulations for the very convincing demonstration of the Ecat QX you made in Stockholm on November 24 2017. A masterpiece.

Jason

2. Andrea Rossi September 4, 2018 at 10:34 PM

Jason Voyle:

Thank you for your attention to our work,

Warm regards,

A.R.

• It seems that Rossi needs to remember himself every other day on his fabulous event, to keep his crowd of believers since there is no news other than Rossisays on his JONP blog since last November...

Waiting for the result of his important SK test this week. Let's bet: facing problems?delay? more tests to be conducted?, certification problems? Sigma 4,

1. Frank Acland September 4, 2018 at 10:48 PM

Dear Andrea,

How did the first day of SK testing go?

Best wishes,

Frank Acland

2. Andrea Rossi September 5, 2018 at 7:43 AM

Frank Acland:

Yesterday we made a very good job, with excellent output.

Warm Regards,

A.R.

• while I largely agree with the first part, Rossi has the difficult task of doing adequate testing with so much pressure on him to show something. I originally forecast it would be mid 2019 before he could be ready.

As for what energy will be used in the future, I'm not as pessimistic as you on LENR. Also if you follow my link on the previous page, you will see that Russia is way ahead of the US with small nuclear reactors.

Adrian,

What possible pressure could Andrea Rossi have on him?

He has 0 investors or stockholders,

he reports to no board of directors,

he has no contracts to adhere to.

Maybe his Home Depot credit card is maxed out, but that’s it.

• Sam,

Don’t you get he least suspicious that virtually everything that “Rossi says” is subjective nonsense.

All of his comments are carefully measured and seasoned so his believers can draw the proper conclusion.

There are 0 facts, figures, data that anyone can objectively analyze.

• Fellow old guy. I agree that there is less than a snowball's odds in hell that Rossi has anything, but I disagree with your example. Probably 99% of the scientists so identified have probably never heard of Rossi or LENR. Your sample is not representative.

Just tying to show his (Adrian's) fallacy saying that because a few people think Rossi is credible, then it must be so. Just hoping he could see that is logic is flawed.

20 bucks on "facing problems" ....

• @Adrian Ashfield

I originally forecast it would be mid 2019 before he could be ready

Really? When was that? What did you forecast in 2011? What will you forecast in mid 2019 when Rossi produces nothing but idiotic fluff?

(Roseland67 to Sam:12) Don’t you get he least suspicious that virtually everything that “Rossi says” is subjective nonsense.

That's the thing. He doesn't. Nothing will make him suspicious, absolutely nothing. Unfortunately, this sort of blind belief and complete lack of attention to facts extends to many areas of human endeavors. Politics is not exempt!

oldguy

Just tying to show his (Adrian's) fallacy saying that because a few people think Rossi is credible, then it must be so. Just hoping he could see that is logic is flawed.

No he won't. He simply can't. The brain can do strange things and we see them most strikingly when we encounter extremes. But there are plenty of every day examples of logic-tight compartments in human brains. I won't say more on this because it's OT.

• Of course, there are all sorts of logic-tight compartments in our brains, one of which leads to us endlessly arguing with Adrian and Sam even though we know very well that there is nothing we could say that would derail them from the delusion train. As the late Art Linkletter said, people are funny.

• Look at what the market is doing and tell me that US energy companies believe in nuclear, in the either the near, short, medium or long term

It would take too long to explain it to you and it is off topics, but you are wrong that nuclear power can't be competitive. Even the Chinese moving pebble bed reactor will probably be, once they start mass production of them.

but you put up the Russian 5th generation fighter against an F-22 and the F-22 will be back in its hangar......

It would be rash to make that bet. The Su 57 is far more manouverable with supercruise ability, has more modern electronics & carries four air to air missiles with >20 ,ile operating range.

You should stick to law & leave engineering to others.

• Sam,

Don’t you get he least suspicious that virtually everything that “Rossi says” is subjective nonsense.

All of his comments are carefully measured and seasoned so his believers can draw the proper conclusion.

There are 0 facts, figures, data that anyone can objectively analyze.

Rossi is testing my intuition skills.

• Thanks, sam: Is this different from "Rossisays"?

Edit: It is different, sorry. It is "Frank Acland says, Rossi said"

Frank is usually cautious about what he says about Rossi and his technology.

A couple of days ago he had a couple of interesting reply’s to comments.

pg

Hi Frank

I have not commented for a long time but still

following, as I have been since early 2011, although with less enthusiasm. I don't mean to be negative, but Rossi has put us through the

same process at least three times in the last seven years, only to start from scratch every time it looked like he was about to start with Industrial production. I really hope I am wrong, but the pattern seems to be the same each time..
    Anyway, thank you for your great work, and hopefully one day we will celebrate a better world thanks to Rossi.

Frank Acland

Thanks, pg, nice to hear from you. I don't have any predictions, but hope that E-Cat commercialization happens in the not-too-distant future. I think the E-Cat works very well, but we have to see if the business plan works out.

Physics for dummies

" I think the E-Cat works very well". Frank, i don't think you are telling the truth with that statement. You see what is going on with Rossi but feel you can't admit it as the proprietor of this site.

Frank Acland

With respect, you have not read my mind correctly.

• The issue here is whether Frank is deliberately sugar-coating the pill for his commercial advantage (clicks on site) or whether he suffers logic-tight compartmentalitus.

Many here have thought the latter, because his "caution" sounds like a fake attempt to appear balanced, while he gives summary comments like the above that are contrary to the evidence - as even ECW readers point out, but I view this as equally compatible with the former.

• The Su 57 is far more manouverable with supercruise ability, has more modern electronics & carries four air to air missiles with >20 ,ile operating range.

You should stick to law & leave engineering to others.

What are you babbling on about now Adrian? Thinking an aeroplanes manoeuvrability has any bearing its capabilities, shows that you are at least 25 years behind the curve.

And where did you hear about the specifications of the SU57s sensor and stealth technologies?* Off Putin? Or one of those strange low-brow right-wing near-conspiracy websites you keep posting links to?

And look at the big exhausts sticking out the back of the SU. Ever heard of radar cross-section? What a joke. It’s probably one stinger missile away from an embarrassment.

I’d stick to furnace design (and Rossi worshipping) if I were you pal.

* Or the F-22’s, for that matter.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.