Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• While I agree often with your technically insights, I think this time your comment are made too rash

There are a lot western defense technology journals where you can find information on the SU57

If you had read them you would know that the SU57 relies less on its reduced radar cross section but more on active changing the radar signal aimed at the aircraft. This active manupulation of the radar signal makes the SU57 appear on the the radar of the F22 at a total other location then where the aircraft is.

You can look at it in this way : the radar signal of the F22 is reflected in circles, like the circular waves in the water when you drop a stone in it.

At any poin on a receiving wave (And thus also at the radar reciver) the direction of the target is the normal to the wavefront.

By actively giving properly timed/phased signals on the same radar frequency back you can distort the wavefront at the reciver of the targeting radar, thereby modifying the position/direction where the receiver thinks where the target is.

And you can't do anything about this. ( I have done military research in this area)

• Agreed,

Politics, religion, philosophy, psychology are all subjects susceptible to mental manipulation of people who chose not to think for themselves.

• LDM

Rash? Fair enough, and that's interesting. I guess that explains the seeming lack of stealth principles, (surface coatings, exhausts, dodgy cowl, etc). And although you might be able to fool a radar like that, I'd hazard a guess that infra-red is a different story?

And can't the F-22 have something similar? There's clearly a lot of secret technology on it - I imagine that's why the US doesn't sell any. Surely there's some secrets that Jane's etc hasn't uncovered?

Ultimately, in the event of a clash between the two, I'd suggest the price-tag/technology level is going to decide the outcome, (as opposed to pilot skill, at least) and would seem obvious that Russia can't really compete on that basis.

Edit: It seems that by using the SU's radars to spoof it's location, it would blind itself to it's enemy's location. Perhaps dogfighting will make a come back...

Edit2: Seems they've lasers to handle the infra-red as well. You can't underestimate those crafty Russians.... (Shane! ^^). Adrian, I take that back...

• frequency hopping.

• frequency hopping.

That would indeed be a possible counter measure

However radar antenna's and/or related waveguides tend to be tuned to the radar frequency, so that limits the frequency span which you can use.

Also current processor power likely (But I don't know about recent developments) probably allows to follow the frequency hopping in real time.

But as alway, there are counter measures, counter-counter measures, ....., etc.

Developping these keeps some people of the streets

• What are you babbling on about now Adrian? Thinking an aeroplanes manoeuvrability has any bearing its capabilities, shows that you are at least 25 years behind the curve.

Babble? You don't know what you are talking about. Russia or me 25 years behind? Really? Read the whole article. https://www.lewrockwell.com/20…supremacy-publicly-ended/

It's off topic so I won't go into details, but Russian radar can now "see" stealth aircraft. You should read what aeronautical experts say about the Su 57 (1/10 the coat of the F 35 disaster.)

Why should anyone believe an anonymous babbler?

• Here in the UK many domestic oil boilers (of different makes) use burnes made by Riello...

http://www.rielloburners.co.uk

So one option for Rossi might be to design a module that replaces a common Riello burner. Minimal additional training would then allow existing service engineers to upgrade oil boilers to LENR in the field. The Riello burner on my own boiler can be removed in a few mins for maintenance.

But I'm sure he will have a reason why this isn't possible.

• That article is entirely unreferenced - and written by a man who stores food in a bunker, deep inside the earth, in preparation for doomsday.

All so that he can live for a few months longer than everyone else. And then he tells people about it, so that we all know where to head for, with explosives, when it happens. Or just smoke him out like a badger.

i.e. He's probably nuts... Secretly wishing for the end times to arrive - to prove that he was correct all along. Subconsciously biasing his article with his favourite apocalypse scenario, likely involving Russian weapons.

(And please don't try the "but, he's a doctor...", because, well... y'know...)

Well I'm not convinced you're a real person Adrian.... I mean, are people actually this ridiculous in real life?

• Babble? You don't know what you are talking about. Russia or me 25 years behind? Really? Read the whole article. https://www.lewrockwell.com/20…supremacy-publicly-ended/

It's off topic so I won't go into details, but Russian radar can now "see" stealth aircraft. You should read what aeronautical experts say about the Su 57 (1/10 the coat of the F 35 disaster.)

Adrian?

Please, can You finally stop insultin people constantly, by calling them babbler ? You do the same , all the time.

• Babble? You don't know what you are talking about. Russia or me 25 years behind? Really? Read the whole article. https://www.lewrockwell.com/20…supremacy-publicly-ended/

Adrian - the internet is a wonderful place - you can find whatever views you like there, and one risk of this is that people tend naturally to pay attention to only the viewpoints that confirm their existing feelings.

Doing an internet literature review - rating the likely accuracy of different internet comentators, it is essential to have context.

This guy, as Zeuss has pointed out, is a highly opinionated fringe ideology person with a clear case to make - in this case that doom from Russian nuclear might is scary and not properly understood by mainstream opinion.

As with all such views it can be considered, and may well be factually correct in most of its points. That however does not mean that when contextualised it is accurate, and it is almost bound (because from a specific agenda-led perspective) to be somewhat biassed.

My starting point for a sober and accurate consideration of Russian nuclear military threat would be:

https://www.tandfonline.com/do…080/00963402.2018.1462912

As well as the obvious common sense. All through the cold war Russia and the US have had, individually, the capacity to destroy the world with nuclear attack. That remains true.

This post is not quite OT for Rossi watching because there is a connection. rating information gleaned from the internet is quite a skill. And as humans we all tend to be over-convinced that things written by others that sound good are in fact true. This is especially case when we read things that are in line with our hopes, prejudices, etc.

So as good citizens it is I believe in the modern world an absolute duty to engage with opposite points of view, to seek credible opposing opinions without dismissing them, and to try to put ones own views into context.

I just got sent, out of the blue, an intelligent book that more or less espouses this idea (this is one of my biasses, and of course there will be alternate views no doubt:

Post-Truth by Evan Davis

It notes the psychology of human belief, observing the fact that so many false arguments are martialed, whilst being both positive and respectful towards the people who hold views buttressed by such.

Useful reading I'd say for anyone engaged in Rossi watching.

And your calling those with opposing views "babblers" shows that here you have no such respect for contrary views, and are stuck emotionally in a tribal mindset.

It is particularly ironic that you do this, since you have not yourself advanced many non-babble facts relating to the Rossi phenomenon, whereas those you accuse of babbling - while no doubt indulging in the typical pointless internet opinion masquerading as argument that we all do - have also advanced quite a store of pertinent facts.

• THHuxleynew

Your link was extremely long and didn't describe or analyses the new weapons. Please son't waste my time with links like that.

From yourlink. “Russia possesses significant advantages in its nuclear weapons production capacity and in non-strategic nuclear forces over the U.S. and allies."

"information gleaned from the internet is quite a skill."

Dom't be so damned insulting if you want future replies.

• Rossi says he thinks he will decide on whether to use the QX or the SK next week, following the current trials of the SK.

He state the January demo will mark the start of production. I don't expect news about a commercial system until mid 2019.

So, little over three months before we get much new information. I forecast the babblers will turn and run in 2019 probably saying they knew all along..

• Adrian, by what standard is the stuff that Rossi says considered to be “information”?

Why the hell you ask him something about Rossi says, credibilaty in it, logic or anything?

He already made clear statements here in LF and in other places.

You already know the answers, don't you ? :-)

We are just anon babblers interfering with the AA universe ...

• So, little over three months before we get much new information. I forecast the babblers will turn and run in 2019 probably saying they knew all along..

Ok Adrian,

3 months. I will save this quote and see who is "running". My real question is what will you do in 3 months? When Rossi has nothing, will you continue your babbling insults?

Here is my forecast for you and the other 1 or two remaining faithful Rossi believers.

1)Rossi will provide nothing. He will state new, important findings has made the SK obsolete. He will not have shown anything on the SK, at least nothing more than what he showed at the self proclaimed, important Stockholm event. An event that showed absolutely nothing. Remember, ask Alan Smith if you disagree.

2)Rossi will state that robotic factories are now being built (again... for the third or fourth time acutally) to make this new version of the "xxxx"Cat. They are secret and cannot be disclosed of course!

3) A major company will be now actively partnering with him on the new "xxxx" Cat. No word will ever be said of the current customer, or the 4 other previous customers he states he has had. No word will be said of the Quark, SKat, Hot Cat, or other models either. They will have evaporated.

4) And production will be said in 2019 to surely start in 2020.

5) Last but not leaset, you will still be calling others babblers and throwing insults and still "waiting to see".

My reasoning on the above... this is EXACTLY WHAT ROSSI has done continuously for the past 7 years. He has a proven track record on this.

Your facts as to why it will be different? Why "Rossi says" of course.

Yes, I will try to save your post above and revisit it in 3 months to see who is correct. ;)

• Rossi says he thinks he will decide on whether to use the QX or the SK next week, following the current trials of the SK.

He state the January demo will mark the start of production. I don't expect news about a commercial system until mid 2019.

So, little over three months before we get much new information. I forecast the babblers will turn and run in 2019 probably saying they knew all along..

I forecast the skeptics will soon be saying

Holy Cats.

Definition of holy cats

—used as an exclamation of surprise, amazement, or bewilderment

• Sam @Adrian

Keep on posting your homage for Rossi...

At least there is something good about it:

With every post you make, the former overzealous Rossi supporters, the ones who posted, twittered etc. 100 times a week in favor for Rossi and his e-cat farce, the ones who belittled sceptics of beeing “closed minded”, they should recognize themselves now as the Adrians and Sams of 2011, 2012, 2013, ... and experience how nuts they have appeared at that time in the eyes of all the ones with a shred of common sense.

• A couple of days ago I wrote a response to one of the denizens of Ecat World who had expressed some triumphalist sentiments along the lines we are currently seeing Adrian Ashley. That post was spiked by Frank Acland, the moderator/owner of site. I thank Adrian Ashfield for giving me the opportunity to refashion my rejected post for use here instead. Minor thanks also go out to sam12

Adrian thinks that Rossi skeptics are going to turn and run after Rossi's January demonstration. But I think that this tells us more about how he sees the world than what Rossi skeptics might do. It tells us that Adrian is a controversialist and polemicist. He is not really interested in what is true and how the world works, he just wants his guy to win. It's sort of a political thing. He thinks everyone is like this, hence his post. In contrast, though, I claim that many of the Rossi skeptics are constituted differently. I know I am. I just want to know what is true and what isn't. That's it. If Rossi has the goods then that is fine with me.

As proof of my claims, here is a little thought experiment to try out.

Let's suppose that tomorrow Rossi drops all the secrecy regarding his machines, tells everyone exactly how they work, and pulls off a really convincing demonstration that is replicated by an independent party. How would the skeptics react? Well I would be tickled pink! And curious! So would a lot of others I think. After all this would be convincing proof that something new and valuable has entered the scene. I might wonder why Rossi acted like a con man when he wasn't, but I certainly wouldn't run. Basically I would be happy and curious.

Now let's reverse things. Let's suppose that tomorrow Rossi announces that it has all been a scam and that he has had a wonderful time fooling everyone. How would the Rossi acolytes behave. I think it would be shock and depression. Probably some degree of nonacceptance too ('He is just lying to throw his enemies off the scent'). I don't think there would be much in the way of 'at least we now know what is the truth of the matter. This is a qualitatively different way of thinking about evidence.

I invite anyone to play this game. Imagine each scenario and try to figure out what your response would be, Could be revealing.

• My forecast is that others will make it to the LENR market place and sale items long before Rossi ever has an independent (no touch by Rossi and by no one who has worked with him) verification. And of course Rossi will stand on the side lines claiming the Russians stole his fuel and others stole his Tech but never getting his own to work.

• Popped here after longish pause and amazed that there are still people using their time on speculating on Rossi.

It is most convenient and healthiest to simply ignore his promises until he brings real hippo on stage.

Just sit on fence and look for other technologies meanwhile. If Rossi happens to have something, good for the world and we will surely hear about it without constantly hitting refresh button. if/because he does not have anything, you have not waisted your time on fairytales.

I haven't even read his latest promises after QX . 'SK' what a is that again anyway? Name changes, but story keeps evolving and always 6 months away.

• My forecast is that it may be a very long time before we get a definitive answer about the suitability of LENR for any useful power generation. It may be just as long before we get evidence good enough about the very existence of LENR that it will be accepted and examined by "main line" science. IMHO, that may never happen. My forecast is that Rossi will keep spouting nonsense, lies, contradictions, etc. until he dies or goes to prison (again) and that his enthusiasts will continue to believe him until (and probably past) the very end.

An aside, someone emailed me that the Annesser & Chaiken website ( http://aclaw-firm.com/ ) returns "suspended." Not sure what that means but this was Rossi's law firm during the Rossi vs IH case.

Adrian Ashfield

They [critics and skeptics] will turn after news of the commercial operation later in the year.

If Rossi really had the goods, the rights to develop and market the resulting products would be worth hundreds of billions of dollars. And any entrepreneur worth that label would help him protect and get the patents. Of course, the proof of concept demos would be done with a lab model and in a secret setting. It would be completely asinine to make a few kludges and use them to sell a comparatively modest amount of heat. Only a crook would minimize the value of the invention to try selling it to dummies. It's a classic part of high energy scams which has always surprised me. It can only be a part of the "Nigerian Scammer Email Strategy" which is to make the emails so idiotic that only really gullible people will believe them.