Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• Axil - you have a very selective memory

That Rossi-Gullstrom paper is so obviously NOT showing working results it is laughable.

The experimental inputs have two sources: one is isotopic shifts observed in the
    experiments performed in Lugano[2] and by Parkhomov[3]; the other source is
    the observation of an energy emitting charge-neutral plasma with current running
    through it observed in two different experimental setups, one with energy
    measured from the spectral maximum of the plasma and the other from a fluid
    heat exchange measuring system.

Note that isotopic shifts are not claimed in the paper. It quotes Parkhomov (not really, they were very small results within typical fractionation limites) and Lugano (Rossi provides his bought Ni62 sample, no-one ever believed it).

The only other interesting result is the output energy. Let us suppose it is measured well (the heat exchanger looks vaguely Ok, the spectrometer less).

It is no use because that experiment uses the "measure power over a 1 ohm resistor" Rossi favourite. It is very clearly wrong if you read the text in the paper. Subsequent attempts from ECW friendlies to get Rossi to clarify this just dug the hole deeper.

This is the real interesting mysetery about Rossi. He delivers technical data that is so obviously flawed, and when asked for clarification does not deliver this.

The explanation that resolved this completely for me is:

(1) Rossi is clever, and has wide knowledge, but just does not care about technical accuracy. Technical descriptions, for him, are a type of showmanship and he enjoys them as this with an audience, however he has none of the normal ability to self-criticise and detect mistakes. Nor any interest in doing that.

(2) Rossi does not work with anyone willing and capable to detect mistakes

(3) When 3rd parties (Mats,Darden, etc) note mistakes Rossi gets very angry and classifies that person as an enemy, snake, etc while still never admitting the mistake.

(4) Rossi is very good at setting up shows that maximise adulation and avoid the unpleasantness of other people pointing out his mistakes.

What remains unclear is how much Rossi knows he does this. My view is that he does know but he does not care. For Rossi, honesty in communication with others, or even with himself, is just not an interesting or relevant character trait.

He is a liar and cheat but from his point of view that is irrelevant, what matters is the "magnificence" of his plans and the adulation of fans. It allows him to remain self-convinced and charismatic regardless of how many times his deceptions are exposed.

To AA: the above character analysis is not "insult", it is diagnostic and absolutely vital to anyone trying to understand Rossi's actions.

• CW,

I saw the one comment in your reference, where someone offering their services as an engineer has to have a license, but others disputed that. I am just curious what regulation Rossi violated, that led to his being given a cease and desist order? There first has to be a complaint to the appropriate government agency that he is doing such and such, and it would state what such and such is in violation of. Then the agency checks it out.

Wonder what the complaint said?

This is the first i have heard of him actually being hit with a C&D. Where did you read that?

• Official Post

Patent trolls don't fund research work.

Yes they do, and if you read a little about how they operate you would realise that they pay researchers to investigate interesting and potentially profitable areas of research both in the laboratory and the library. When they spot a loose end they use in-house lawyers to create patents - as many as possible to tie the area up in 'tripwires' to encourage developers to pay them license fees..

• Sam,

You are referring to Rossi's frantic search of IH's emails, to find out if they gave his IP away to others in their portfolio. That is a good point you make, and something that is a head scratcher, Same goes for his multi year effort to get a patent, or why he did not retire from scamming after Doral . Brings up the often asked: "why would he bother doing that, if he had nothing?".

Only two good answers: He has something, or he is crazy. I say the latter (crazy), because he really thought IH prevented him from getting a Nobel. Maybe I should say, crazy like a fox, because of Doral.

I say he has something.The ECat QX and SK.

• https://www.theguardian.com/sc…teroid-data-pizza-science

• Official Post

Wow, 18 hours since anything about Rossi! :) It even slipped off the front page. This will go down as a LF milestone, and means we are slowly putting this embarrassing LENR chapter behind us. Personally, I think it is because the believers have had the wind knocked out of them, after he said his partner would not be introduced this Jan. Setting up to be another charade. Will still be fun to follow him though.

• Wow, 18 hours since anything about Rossi! :) It even slipped off the front page. This will go down as a LF milestone, and means we are slowly putting this embarrassing LENR chapter behind us. Personally, I think it is because the believers have had the wind knocked out of them, after he said his partner would not be introduced this Jan. Setting up to be another charade. Will still be fun to follow him though.

Shane,

The Rossi/Ecat “Bullshit-o-meter” pegged at 11 many, many years ago, the fan club is finally coming to grips with the fact that this guy is running a scam and they fell for it because they weren’t smart enough to see thru it.

• Official Post

Did Vessela’s contract expire?

Her, Lewan, E48, EnergyCatalyzer, ECN's, have all gone quiet, or disappeared. Rossi launched a cottage industry of followers, and supporters in his heyday, and now the only one still active is ECW. That does not count the army of bloggers -of which I was once a part of, who realized they were duped, and slipped away.

• Her, Lewan, E48, EnergyCatalyzer, ECN's, have all gone quiet, or disappeared. Rossi launched a cottage industry of followers, and supporters in his heyday, and now the only one still active is ECW. That does not count the army of bloggers -of which I was once a part of, who realized they were duped, and slipped away.

Did Engineer48 (E48?) disappear? He was a self professed "customer in waiting" of Rossi. Supposedly just waiting for the eCat to be "commercially" available and that he had an immediate need. He long professed his certainty that Rossi had the goods from his contact with him and experience. So has he disappeared as well?

IH Fanboy was another diehard that would ignore the mountain but pick at molehills and has disappeared. Remember the "missing window pane"! Good gosh, argued for hundreds of posts about a missing window pane that only he and a kid could see but ignored the mountains of court depositions. But now gone.

That must be quite a blow to AA! Well.... I guess not. He simply "forgets" the past, so those people never existed. Only the current one (Sam12?) matters now. ^^

• Did Engineer48 (E48?) disappear? He was a self professed "customer in waiting" of Rossi. Supposedly just waiting for the eCat to be "commercially" available and that he had an immediate need. He long professed his certainty that Rossi had the goods from his contact with him and experience. So has he disappeared as well?

IH Fanboy was another diehard that would ignore the mountain but pick at molehills and has disappeared. Remember the "missing window pane"! Good gosh, argued for hundreds of posts about a missing window pane that only he and a kid could see but ignored the mountains of court depositions. But now gone.

That must be quite a blow to AA! Well.... I guess not. He simply "forgets" the past, so those people never existed. Only the current one (Sam12?) matters now. ^^

Bob,

I have asked a few time over at ECW about Emgineer 48’s plans, customers, applications etc and all I heard was crickets.

He seemed like a sharp guy, but like most believers he wanted it so badly to be true

he could not be objective when it came to the scam.

• Did Engineer48 (E48?) disappear? He was a self professed "customer in waiting" of Rossi. Supposedly just waiting for the eCat to be "commercially" available and that he had an immediate need. He long professed his certainty that Rossi had the goods from his contact with him and experience. So has he disappeared as well?

I do not matter much but I am curious what

you Engineers think of Give Dog a Bone.

This truck driver thinks he is a smart fellow.

https://disqus.com/by/giveadogabone/?

• Official Post

I have not seen E48 for quite a while. That is not to say he won't pop up any day, and start where he left off defending Rossi. Hard to forget his conceptually building that Doral heat exchanger based on Rossisays. That was entertaining to say the least.

I think before he went silent, he was trying to line up Ecat orders for a client, like he has been trying for years. Probably one of Rossi's biggest fears, is when a fan shows up at the door and wants to buy something. Maybe it finally dawned on E48, as it has with so many others before, that he had been used by a master? We may never know why.

I hope he, and some other of the old fans like IHFB, RBI, and so many others come back. Even if they have abandoned Rossi, they could explain why they did. If still a fan, well let us hear why.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.