Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

Let me ask; what kind of effect do you think this information will have on believers?

None. But if Rossi keeps holding himself out as a provider of what is clearly engineering work, he will be subject to sanctions including fines and very unlikely but remotely possibly prison. Of course, the things he makes do nothing except heat water electrically but even that requires permits if done on a large scale. The most probable thing is that the only part of Rossi still functioning is his mouth.

• Let me ask; what kind of effect do you think this information will have on believers?

-

Based on past experience, it's unlikely this will have much effect on the unshakable fans like AA and Sam.

BUT, I believe this disclosure will have important effects on Rossisays and "Rossidoes" . Because now he has been forced to into a smaller corner:

1. On June 28th, 2018, Rossi was served an official Cease and Desist order from the Florida Board of Professional Engineers (FBPE) requiring him to stop OFFERING or providing engineering services.
    2. Regarding the Doral E-CAT and Rossi's "last minute" alleged mezzanine "1 MW heat exchanger", the State of Florida has no record of Leonardo ever having the state-required Certificate of Authorization nor any record of a registered licensed engineer employed by Leonardo to sign off on plans for building, selling, or offering for sale the E-CAT or the alleged mezzanine 1 MW heat exchanger. In other words, Leonardo Corp. was almost certainly operating illegally in Doral.
    3. If Rossi continues to even OFFER engineering service (as defined by FL state law and FPBE, not Rossisays), he has been notified that he is subject to "citation" and "penalty of up to $5,000 for each incident".
    4. The information regarding the complaint, now available worldwide via the web, provides the opportunity, legal criteria, example template, and documents of record so that ANYONE can easily file a complaint with FBPE against Rossi.
    5. The information at E-CAT.com was used as part of the evidence used by the consultant hired by FPBE to issue the Cease and Desist order. LIkely, information provided by Rossi on JONP can be used as evidence as to whether or not Rossi has complied with the Cease and Desist order. To the extent that it is unknown whether Rossisays on JONP can be used against him, a complaint can be filed by ANYONE to find out.
    6. Any actual company that Rossi might try to scam with the E-CAT will now have these FPBE public records available to them as they do their due diligence that will help them easily focus on requirements from Rossi that he cannot currently provide without hiring an engineer, licensed in the State of Florida and willing to sign off on the plans, functionality, safety, and operation procedures of any E-CAT, SK-CAT, or CAT of any other color.
    7. He has signed an affidavit and stated that he is not an engineer, never has acted as an engineer in the State of Florida, and that he will not in the future do so without proper authorization. Now ANYONE can file a complaint with FPBE if there is evidence that he or Leonardo Corp. are in violation of Florida State law or his signed affidavit. Ironically, Rossi is fond of referring to himself as "Ing. Rossi" the title in Italy reserved for professional engineers, even though he has no engineering license or degree, and never has had either.

Is it the case that the E-CAT website, an official website of Leonardo Corp., by OFFERING the E-CAT, a device requiring a great deal of engineering planning and documentation to operate, is currently in violation of the FPBE Cease and Desist order?

This does make things more interesting, regardless of the likely minimal effects on fecklessly gullible believers.

• Let me ask; what kind of effect do you think this information will have on believers?

Many people have need for a hero, they then associate beyond normal expectations onto that person so they are almost superhuman.

Whether it be Alexander the Great and the myths about him.

Whether it be Newton or Leonardo Da Vinci and the many conspiracy theories about them.

Or in modern times Tesla and Elon Musk.

The impression I get from ECat World is that many Rossi fans have elevated their hero to this status. Either he is a singular inventor and an all round amazing person who stands alone against his many enemies; or alternatively many of his fans have allowed their hopes and dreams to weaken their judgement and have placed their trust firmly with the Maestro.

To question Rossi is to question a demi-god.

As Monti Python might say "He is not a demi-god, he's a very naughty boy". :)

Sorry, couldn't resist.

• Official Post

Rossi telling the Florida investigator he has something brewing in California, and Illinois, is in line with some of his Rossisays lately. Indicates to me he is up to something as I thought, and we will see it unfold in 2019. Hurley is from California, so that may be what California is all about. If you do not remember him, he was the third person, along with Fabiani, at the convincing Stockholm QX demo. I believe he owned some refineries?

Rossi tends to use the same cast, so do not be surprised if Hurley plays a part in this coming show. We already have James Bass playing his old role as the engineer. I do not know where Illinois fits in, although one of his sock puppets saw him (Rossi) in Chicago. Who knows. Like I said, it should be interesting to watch. It will be a nice break from saving the planet.

• We already have James Bass playing his old role as the engineer.

Rossi references Bass' previous involvement in his response to FPBE, as a sort of defense or explanation, but I do not see anything in the newly posted documents indicating that Bass is currently employed by Leonardo, or that he has any actual relevance to the complaint. Did I miss something?

Bass is a licensed engineer in FL with expert experience in electronic communications, but not in mechanical engineering or in anything related to boilers or steam. Given his acerbic response to subpoena and court-ordered deposition during Rossi vs IH, I highly doubt that he has any interest in signing off on any aspect of the E-CAT having to do with heating, steam, ventilation, etc.

Rossi cannot expect to get a Certificate of Authorization to operate, sell or even offer to sell a CAT of any kind without having a professional engineer licensed in FL signing off on plans suitable and consistent with industry standards for steam, fluid mechanics, and ventilation. Of course, no sane engineer would risk their license in doing so.

So his only option is to say that his new super-secret and ephemeral partner/customer is going to do all that. He says in his response to FPBE that he merely is involved in prototyping. But even building prototypes in Florida, including his scam 20KW pipes, pumps and electric "teapot" posing as 1MW e-cat, without proper permits leaves him legally exposed. Jed was entirely correct. Now that the FPBE is involved, Rossi can't continue to actually build anything substantial (more than a few hundred watts) in Florida, prototype or not, without risking violating the Cease and Desist. This is because anything bigger puts others at risk (his own employees, nearby tenants, etc.) if not engineered properly by an accountable engineer, as determined by FPBE.

It will become increasingly obvious to anyone trying to do business with Rossi that actually building anything will require them to take on all the liability of implementing Rossi's "design", and that Rossi cannot show them any sizable prototype without receiving actionable complaints for operating without a CoA. But who would willingly take on that liability without first understanding Rossi's technology? Since Rossi has no actual technology or functional design, his scamming options are increasingly limited. We can expect that Rossi will suddenly be exclusively focusing on small prototypes. His scamming options are rapidly diminishing.

Also, if Rossi actually tries to demonstrate (even by video) a device that he claims produces 40MW, he puts himself in legal jeopardy. If he claims that it is certified by the "partner", a complaint to FPBE should result in them requiring him to provide an affidavit stating who and where this partner resides. Any false affidavit puts him at even greater legal risk. The plot thickens...

[Queue conspiracy theories from the adoring fans]

• Rossi cannot expect to get a Certificate of Compliance to operate, sell or even offer to sell a CAT of any kind without having a professional engineer licensed in FL signing off on plans suitable and consistent with industry standards for steam, fluid mechanics, and ventilation. Of course, no sane engineer would risk their license in doing so.

All Rossi has to do is contact A.A.. A.A. will tell those pesky regulators they are babblers and to leave Rossi alone.... Adrian will tell them that Rossi needs no certifications, plans or licenses.... A.A. has all the engineering experience needed and he knows better! He will tell those pesky regulator babblers they just need to wait and see! :whistling:

• Sig,

Rossisays "We have hired a Certified Engineer, from the University of Florida (Eng. James Bass) to have consulting also on this matter". He then goes on to say he has nothing going on in Florida right now, but has clients in California, and Illinois.

Yes, I saw that. But Rossi's statement is a true statement even if Bass is not currently employed by Leonardo. (That they hired Bass in the past and that he consulted is undisputed, and Rossi's poor grammar and verb tense leaves past/present ambiguous). Who knows, maybe Rossi still has Bass working, ostensibly on his "internet-controlled [X]-Cat electronics". But also notice that FPBE has no record of a FL licensed professional engineer working with Leonardo. Maybe it's an oversight, and they didn't see Bass registered, or this information was never submitted by Leonardo. Regardless, this citation of Bass being a licensed PE in FL was just typical Rossi subterfuge. Bass is an electronics engineer.

Bass is not an HVAC, boiler, or fluid mechanics engineer. Were he to be the one submitting reasonable documents for the construction and operation of the E-Cat, he would be signing off on designs, plans and permit applications that he has no experience creating, risking malpractice, his license, and another lawsuit. Regardless, Rossi must get a Certificate of Authorization to build, operate, or even OFFER any substantial device, and he can't do that without having a licensed FL engineer submit those plans and permit requests to the proper agencies.

Let's not hold our breath on that. Despite his previous lies that he is getting the "proper certifications", we now no he has none according to FPBE and Rossi's lame response had no reference to any certifications but instead references his irrelevant US patent. So Rossi obviously has "moved on" from his "certifications" schtick. He's trying to hide this requirement-for-certification pea under his new walnut shell: his super-secret partner/customer contacts (maybe n CA and IL?). I doubt these vague references are adequate to withstand complaints filed against Rossi for violating his Cease and Desist if he claims a new [X]-Cat is operating. FPBE would require more specifics in a signed affidavit. Any other state that he claims his [X]-Cat is operating in will result in similar filed complaints in that state. Neither CA nor IL are states that are likely to treat complaints lightly.

• Rossi states in an email to FBPE on July 9 2018 he is in Italy and having complicated surgery tomorrow.

See page 20

https://files.acrobat.com/a/pr…03-4fa7-adde-3eb5d60b5c1a

"Please consider that now I am in ltaly ( I am ltalian ) for a complicate surgery that will be done tomorrow.Presumably for 10 days I will not be able to talk or read, so I will be able to read your emails or receive your phonecalls starting from July 20. In August I will be back in the USA."

There is no mention of surgery or Italy on jonp

But he still manages to answer questions every day on JONP between the 10th and the 20th July 2018. Must keep fans happy even on the day of complicated surgery

Just one more misdirection;)

• Also, since Doral is vacated, Rossi really has no incentive to try to have any sizable work space. If Bass is still employed by Rossi, where does he report for work? I think the Doral fiasco closed the door (even in Rossi's mind) of any actual work on actual physical plant of any size. Why bother? He demonstrated that he can be equally provocative in Sweden with just a box full of sprinkler parts, a power supply, a Tesla coil, and spark gap.

Who needs all the hassle, accountability and risk with FBPE and FredZ breathing down your neck?

I think Rossi is in his condo blogging away on JONP and tinkering with his next masterpiece: the video demonstration.

Like his blurry blue QX spark photo, the video might be a real howler!

• Thanks Sam,

Let me ask; what kind of effect do you think this information will have on believers?

You ask what effect this new information will have on those guys who speculated that Rossi might run endothermic chemical process plants like a SMR plant in a warehouse in Doral without any (published) permits (and called this a “brilliant idea”)?

http://e-catworld.com/2016/08/…-process-was-endothermic/

As some others said before: None!

This guys want so badly that Rossi has (at least) something, they sacrifice all their common sense for this hopes.

• Definition of presumably - used to convey that what is asserted is very likely though not known for certain.

On July 16 A.R. sends E mail to Jeanne Jones

saying he had the surgery July 11.

On July 11 A.R. posts 3 comments.

• Rossi's incessant blogging regardless of medical condition is expected. He cares enormously about his followers, and although not allowed to do engineering in Florida, and completely unqualified as an engineer, he is highly qualified as an internet blogger.

• Someone who I find usually reliable, wrote me that "James A. Bass" was not a "certified engineer" in Florida. I do not have the time to verify this claim. Maybe someone else does. It would not surprise me.

From the Bass deposition (207-48):

page 8

"

12 Q. So Mr. Bass, what is your educational

13 background?

14 A. I have almost four years in the US Navy

15 with flight control and guidance systems technician

16 on aircraft.

17 I graduated Rutgers University with

18 electrical engineering with a specialty in closed

19 loop control systems. I graduated first in my class

20 summa cum laude. I'm a member of Tau Beta Pi and Eta

21 Kappa Nu, both engineering honor societies.

22 Q. Any formal education after Rutgers?

23 A. I have been to various classes and things

24 like networking. I have a Cisco certified network25 associate. That's a training for routing systems

Page 9

1 from Cisco Corporation and about 42 years of

2 engineering experience.

3 Q. Apologies for the delay but I'm actually

4 a right-handed writer and I'm trying to do this

5 left-handed.

6 Let's talk for a second about the 42

7 years of engineering experience. What was your first

8 engineering-related job after you graduated from

9 Rutgers?

10 A. I went to work at a computer company that

11 did factory process control and I did hardware and

12 software integration.

13 We worked in nuclear plants. I designed

14 a special control system for the Westinghouse Hanford

15 nuclear reactor out in Idaho Falls, Idaho and many

16 other projects.

17 Q. Who is that employer? What was the name

18 of the employer?

19 A. My employer?

20 Q. Yes.

21 A. Modular Computer Systems.

22 Q. How long did you work for Modular

23 Computer Systems?

24 A. Ten years.

25 Q. What did you do after you ended working

"

This would indicate the Bass is an electrical engineer, with possible network engineer qualifications.

Additionally, THEDEBATEISUSELESS made this post (however the link to the qualifications are now 404)

Industrial Heat's James A. Bass: President of Reactance Engineering Inc and Engineer for JM Products

• From the Bass deposition (207-48):

This would indicate the Bass is an electrical engineeer, with possible network engineer qualifications.

Yes, thanks for taking the time to find this deposition confirming that Bass is an electrical engineer with extensive control systems experience. Whether he is currently licensed in FL or not, I do not believe that the FPBE would deem that he is qualified to sign off on documents needed to attain a Certificate of Authorization, since the documents would need to be all about steam, ventilation and the like. And I seriously doubt that Bass would try, given his bad experience with Rossi at Doral.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.