Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• Someone who I find usually reliable, wrote me that "James A. Bass" was not a "certified engineer" in Florida.

If he is licensed, and he stays in this racket, I predict he will not be licensed for long.

Seriously, getting mixed up with someone who crosses the FPBE is not good for your career. That is to say, your livelihood. Author and civil engineer Samuel C. Florman once pointed out that engineers seldom cross the line and seldom do unethical things because they are afraid of having their licenses yanked away. Not because they are inherently good people. They would go from having an upper-middle class job to working the night shift at MacDonald's for the next 30 years.

Who would take that risk? Rossi would have to pay millions, up front, to persuade a real engineer to falsely back up his claims.

University professors, on the other hand, can publish anything they want. They are not licensed. No one checks, and there no consequences for being wrong or saying there might be a mezzanine heater. A professor might be thrown out for plagiarism or -- these days -- for having sex with an student, but publishing nonsense is fine. As it should be. That's the price we pay for academic freedom.

University professors, on the other hand, can publish anything they want. They are not licensed. No one checks, and there no consequences for being wrong or saying there might be a mezzanine heater. A professor might be thrown out for plagiarism or -- these days -- for having sex with an student, but publishing nonsense is fine. As it should be. That's the price we pay for academic freedom.

Ок!

Нефть - это кровь планеты, надо сделать модель планеты и мы получим генератор Тарасенко, эта энергия покорит вселенную! :lenr:

• The issue was not whether or not Mr. Bass was trained in engineering but whether he was licensed to practice engineering by/in Florida.

Not that it would matter much, on a quick search, I did not find a “James A. Bass” in the list of Florida professional engineers ...

https://fbpe.org/engineering-directories/

or, direct link to the list:

https://fbpe.org/wp-content/up…censees-as-of-9.27.18.pdf

... but someone else may do a more in-depth search of this list (not very convinient to do on a tablet).

• Rossi could not look insides of the reactors until after the trial. The reactors were evidence. Rossi did work long hours bit he based himself inside a air conditioned trailer. Much of the QX design work was done in that trailer. You should read Rossi's posts to get your info straight.

Rossi et al were able to look inside often. Resistances were changed, reactors torn apart and rebuilt, wiring and plumbing repaired...

• Was Nikola Tesla a certified and registered engineer in New York? I'm honestly not sure. However, if not, I'm certain that there are individuals on this thread who wish that he'd been arrested, locked up, and allowed to starve to death in a dark cell while all of the 50,000 horsepower generators were destroyed.

• Was Nikola Tesla a certified and registered engineer in New York? I'm honestly not sure. However, if not, I'm certain that there are individuals on this thread who wish that he'd been arrested, locked up, and allowed to starve to death in a dark cell while all of the 50,000 horsepower generators were destroyed.

Nikola Tesla would have been smart enough to flee the area of a real 1MW boiler built by amateurs

• But if he wasn't a certified and registered engineer in New York, then he would by default be a rank amateur who deserved the most severe punishment for his reckless "engineering" of 50,000 horse power engines -- at least according to the thinking of some people on this thread. By the way, I'm not defending Rossi's behavior or actions. I'm simply pointing out that the risk adverseness of our society which has slowed down technological progress (in the most meaningful areas of energy and propulsion) to a crawl. I think if we want technological progress to start accelerating again, the over litigious, super regulated society we live in must change. Otherwise, even if an open and far less manipulative LENR pioneer emerges with an extremely powerful technology, it will be sequestered and locked away in some deep vault for years, trying to be totally understood by naysaying scientists who can't get over that it works, while our civilization continues on its path to self destruction.

However, if not, I'm certain that there are individuals on this thread who wish that he'd been arrested, locked up, and allowed to starve to death in a dark cell while all of the 50,000 horsepower generators were destroyed.

How do you respond to something so strange as that? Seriously? Who, exactly? Why write something like that?:P:thumbdown:

• sam12

On July 9th he said he was having surgery tomorrow. That would make it the 10th.on the 10th Rossi made 5 comments on JONP starting at 6:55 am Italy time ending at 6:03 Italy time. So which is it the 10th or the 11th

He is slipping can't keep a story about complicated surgery straight

Warm regards

• This thread (vindictiveness aside) is useful.

(1) (Most importantly) it entertains us Rossi-watchers

(2) It serves as a convenient reference for those otherwise liable to be mislead (at least initially) by the clone-like nature of the comment on ECW. Where else do you easily get hold of the public facts necessary to understand the Rossi story? Sure, they are all open on the internet, but not so easy to find...

• But if he wasn't a certified and registered engineer in New York, then he would by default be a rank amateur who deserved the most severe punishment for his reckless "engineering" of 50,000 horse power engines -- at least according to the thinking of some people on this thread. By the way, I'm not defending Rossi's behavior or actions. I'm simply pointing out that the risk adverseness of our society which has slowed down technological progress (in the most meaningful areas of energy and propulsion) to a crawl. I think if we want technological progress to start accelerating again, the over litigious, super regulated society we live in must change. Otherwise, even if an open and far less manipulative LENR pioneer emerges with an extremely powerful technology, it will be sequestered and locked away in some deep vault for years, trying to be totally understood by naysaying scientists who can't get over that it works, while our civilization continues on its path to self destruction.

Director,

Unknown if registered PE’s were in existence at the turn of the century or if/how they were policed.

I believe that Tesla was an employee of Westinghouse Electric or Edison Electric when he working on those projects.

His personal projects, though electric, were not boilers/engines/reactors etc.

Read Empires of Light by Jill Johns

• But if he [Tesla] wasn't a certified and registered engineer in New York, then he would by default be a rank amateur who deserved the most severe punishment for his reckless "engineering" of 50,000 horse power engines -- at least according to the thinking of some people on this thread.

Anyone can design anything. Rossi is free to design all the reactors he wants to. The issue is manufacturing, testing, selling or installing them. Tesla never did any of those things. He was an employee of Edison (later GE) and Westinghouse. If Rossi hires professionals to do the hands-on engineering, no one would object and no professional organization or regulator would find fault.

• I have been s skipping the babbler's comments but saw Jed or some Jed clone complained to the Soc of Engineers in Florida with the inevitable result they closed it.

They simply do not understand how industry works,

As the will do anything to try and stop Rossi from showing something that might prove they are wrong, I suppose the next step will be tp complain the the nuclear regulatory bodies, where I forecast a similar result.

Bob Greenyer reports from the Sochi Conference in Russia

https://youtu.be/JpiD3lO72p0

PS added. How the babblers can claim that the E-Cats dom't work and yet are dangerous remains an enigma.

How the babblers can claim that the E-Cats dom't work and yet are dangerous remains an enigma

Large electrical heaters (Rossi claims at least a megaWatt) are inherently dangerous, by virtue of the electric power alone even before you get to the heat.

What's so strange is the highly vindictive nature of so many users on this forum.

Rossi's con game has cost the field of LENR and the scientists who approved him uncritically much reputation. It cost IH ten million dollars (at a minimum) that they could have spent in legitimate research. Con men waste money, time and energy better spent elsewhere and this is what Rossi has done his entire mature professional life. Rubbing his nose in it is appropriate, not vindictive.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.