Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• Large electrical heaters (Rossi claims at least a megaWatt) are inherently dangerous, by virtue of the electric power alone even before you get to the heat.

True, and important. Heck, even small ones can be dangerous. As I described several times, when Jim Dunn and the people from NASA visited Rossi, one of Rossi's reactors was plugged up and on the verge of exploding. Real or fake, Rossi's gadgets are poorly designed and dangerous.

For that matter, you can burn down the house with a conventional 1.5 kW electric heater. Although they are much safer than they used to be. I have some from 50 years ago, which I do not use. They had exposed incandescent red wires. Modern one have the wires inside ceramic which you can touch without injuring yourself.

• Rossi must have known the reactor architecture was flawed, but instead of owning up to that, he creates a farce of operability and sues his benefactor IH instead.

You are absolutely correct. I now beleive that Rossi did not think that his IP could be commercialize. So when IH offered him money for his IP, he decided to convert his flawed IP into money. His reactor was able to pass the 1 day test but would fail in a short time when tested for a slightly longer time-frame. Yes, he tried to solve the maintainability and control problems, but he just couldn't do it.

Doing the Lugano demo when he saw that the fuel could operate in the plasma state. Rossi decided to run his fuel in a plasma, and to Rossi's delight, the fuel worked great in a plasma.

He then had to get his IP back to commercialize the QX, so he came up with the Doral test and he collected all the legal material both true and false to win that case. IH fell into Rossi's trap. In the end, when his money was running low, Rossi settled to get his IP back from IH so he could commercialize the QX. So he perfected the QX design that he tested for a year to make sure that the plasma architecture could be commercialized and controlled.

He posted that he would never let anybody see his plasma reactor when he worked for IH who rightly owned it, not even Fabioni until the Doral case began. This tells me that Rossi from early on had the intent to get his IP back from IH.

• AA,

You cannot possibly be that thick.

No one is trying to keep Rossi from showing anything, ever.

They are simply trying to establish how ludicrous Rossi’s show and tell has become.

He has no factory, no global food partner, no robotic partner, no investors, he has nothing, he never did.

He is a fraud and a scam artist.

It is simply inconceivable to me that you cannot see this.

• He has no factory, no global food partner, no robotic partner, no investors, he has nothing, he never did.

Not quite right. He has personal charisma and the ability to attract new internet followers (I would not say keep followers, most peel off after a few years of disappointment).

Whether he will find new "investors" is I think still an open question. Never underestimate human fallibility.

• As the will do anything to try and stop Rossi from showing something that might prove they are wrong,

As noted by Roseland67, this makes NO SENSE AT ALL. No one is trying to stop Rossi from demonstrating things. On the contrary, I and others urged him to demonstrate devices, many times, and we offered to help. (I gave up doing that years ago.)

The only thing anyone is trying to stop him from doing is building gigantic dangerous machines without professional help. They are dangerous because they are large and badly designed. They don't produce any anomalous energy, but 20 kW of ordinary electric heating is dangerous enough. Especially when it is used to heat filthy water that is being pumped around through badly made plumbing, with spills and spray.

• Rossi has stated that the insights that he gleaned from the Lugano test informed his design thinking about the QX reactor. He said that this insight was generated by his years of working in LENR design.

Since the QX is a plasma reactor, it makes sense to deduce what evidence from the Lugano test indicates that LENR reaction can exist in a plasma.

Rossi loaded the fuel into the Lugano dog bone. He saw that this fuel contained various nickel particles that ranged in size from 1 to 100 microns. When Rossi unloaded the fuel. he had to pry a huge pure nickel 62 particle from the wall of the dog bone, This transformation of many small mixed isotope nickel particles into a single huge Ni62 particle implies that there was a vaporization of the nickel and a consolidation of that vaporized nickle into a single lone pure nickel particle that was melted onto the side of the dog bone.

• Large electrical heaters (Rossi claims at least a megaWatt) are inherently dangerous, by virtue of the electric power alone even before you get to the heat.

Only an idiot would propose a scam using electricity where where one would charge 80% of the cost of gas heating.

• Rossi has stated that the insights that he gleaned from the Lugano test informed his design thinking about the QX reactor. He said that this insight was generated by his years of working in LENR design.

Since the QX is a plasma reactor, it makes sense to deduce what evidence from the Lugano test indicates that LENR reaction can exist in a plasma.

Rossi loaded the fuel into the Lugano dog bone. He saw that this fuel contained various nickel particles that ranged in size from 1 to 100 microns. When Rossi unloaded the fuel. he had to pry a huge pure nickel 62 particle from the wall of the dog bone, This transformation of many small mixed isotope nickel particles into a single huge Ni62 particle implies that there was a vaporization of the nickel and a consolidation of that vaporized nickle into a single lone pure nickel particle that was melted onto the side of the dog bone.

Rossi claims his QX is an embodiment of his Fluid Heater patent. Which describes no plasma.

It must have taken all of Rossi's strength to pry out that ~500 micron particle.

• True, and important. Heck, even small ones can be dangerous. As I described several times, when Jim Dunn and the people from NASA visited Rossi, one of Rossi's reactors was plugged up and on the verge of exploding. Real or fake, Rossi's gadgets are poorly designed and dangerous.

For that matter, you can burn down the house with a conventional 1.5 kW electric heater. Although they are much safer than they used to be. I have some from 50 years ago, which I do not use. They had exposed incandescent red wires. Modern one have the wires inside ceramic which you can touch without injuring yourself.

You might get run over by a car, (>30,000 killed per year.) so I suppose you advocate no one should ever leave their house.

• Rossi claims his QX is an embodiment of his Fluid Heater patent. Which describes no plasma.

It must have taken all of Rossi's strength to pry out that ~500 micron particle.

It was mentioned that it was a big job since the huge nickel particle was located on the inside wall in the center of the dog bone.

That patent describes a LENR fuel reaction driven water based heat exchanger for both the QX and the SK reactors. The SK turbine is another story.

• Only an idiot would propose a scam using electricity where where one would charge 80% of the cost of gas heating.

You don't understand scams. Rossi proposed something very similar to this at Doral. Then he pretended to carry it out. He wrote a fake report, which you refuse to read. He made up a pretend customer, as he himself admitted, but you refuse to read his words. In his role as the pretend customer, he pretended to pay, as he himself admitted. But you refuse to look.

In other words, the whole thing was a sham. It was obviously, blatantly, ridiculously fake. So how does he fool anyone? Look in the mirror! He fools people like you, who refuse to look at any fact, or read anything that Rossi himself submitted to the lawsuit docket. You read only his propaganda at his web site. And you believe every word, even when his own reports and his own testimony contradicts it.

He is not actually going to charge 80% of anything to anyone. There will be no customer any more than there was in Doral. He only goes through the motions and makes up fake invoices and other fake paperwork. He is scamming his investors, not a customer. There is no customer. There is no reactor. It is just large box with an electric heater and some pumps. It will not produce 40 MW, or 1 MW. It will produce a few kilowatts, not even enough to make the room uncomfortably warm, even though there will be no ventilation. You will be believe this is 40 MW of heat, because you believe anything Rossi says. No one with an ounce of sense would believe it.

• As noted by Roseland67, this makes NO SENSE AT ALL. No one is trying to stop Rossi from demonstrating things. On the contrary, I and others urged him to demonstrate devices, many times, and we offered to help. (I gave up doing that years ago.)

The only thing anyone is trying to stop him from doing is building gigantic dangerous machines without professional help. They are dangerous because they are large and badly designed. They don't produce any anomalous energy, but 20 kW of ordinary electric heating is dangerous enough. Especially when it is used to heat filthy water that is being pumped around through badly made plumbing, with spills and spray.

WHen are you planning to comp;lain to the nuclear auuthourities? You have gone on about it often enough.

What makes you think Rossi has no professional help? He is apparently working with a large industrial company.

AS I've told you already, you don't understand how industry works. Rossi could sesign the SK completely and have an enfineer stamp the drawing to get a permit.

• You don't understand scams. Rossi proposed something very similar to this at Doral. Then he pretended to carry it out. He wrote a fake report, which you refuse to read. He made up a pretend customer, as he himself admitted, but you refuse to read his words. In his role as the pretend customer, he pretended to pay, as he himself admitted. But you refuse to look.

HAve you gone completely bonkers? Tell the babblers they are wrong in saying he will just use electric pwer to probide the heat.

THe judgement of whether the heat is supplied will not come from Rossi or a referee but from the client using it.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.