Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• Official Post

Interesting twist to that story few know about. Wish I could say more, but alas, I can not.

• I'll say more.

I think the basic design of the Quark is very simple.

Two nickel 212 or 211 electrodes (alloys that have a small percentage of Mn) that have probably been "treated" in some manner to clean the surface and remove trapped gases. From one picture that is in the Gullstrom Rossi paper, at least one of the electrodes may be hollow. Another witness observed that the electrodes were smooth and rounded on the ends.

A combination of a very small quantity of LiAlH4, LiH, or other similar metal hydride with a "hot proton" inducing element such as argon, neon, and perhaps even a small piece of strontium to be vaporized within the quartz tube. A pulsed arc discharge is established with a pulse of higher voltage. Immediately, due to the "hot hydrogen" produced and LENR reactions taking place, the voltage required to maintain the plasma can be reduced down to a very low level. A control box is required so as to control the current. If magnets are utilized on either side of the Quark to produce a magnetic mirror effect, they may have to be adjusted.

• Rossi has replied to all my comments on

his blog except one.

Curious to know if you have sent comments

to his blog.

• Yes, and this after he claims to have achieved "sigma 5"! Although he never has stated what he supposedly achieved "sigma 5" on or even what it is!

Most on ECW chimed that it was reliability. Well, if he actually did achieve "sigma 5" on reliability, why would he ever be "Terrorized" that something would go wrong?

His device would have been 99.99999% reliable!

Also, his audience was hand picked loyalist as well. No one there was going to utter one word in critique or scientific assessment of him or the demo! And they HAVE not done so have they? (As we all here know too well! ) ;)

He would be nervous because of the invited

guests.Like you had a speech down pat in

front of mirror but in front of a crowd you

get toung tied.

• My hopes rest with your efforts Russ. Please let us know when you intend to release your product to the public.

Releasing products to the public is neither necessary nor (in the real non-Rossi world) possible quickly. A real LENR reactor with associated strange radiation would need to be carefully tested and understood scientifically before anyone is going to allow it as a product.

Luckily there are many reputable organisations (particularly NASA) who have shown an interest in testing genuine novel energy production devices. Such testing can be done easily. Anything even remotely commercial (with say double power out that goes in, and lifetime > 1 week) can be black-box tested in a fool-proof way, without the additional problems of reliability, safety, etc.

The fact that this has never happened is simply because no such energy production device has ever been existed.

• You are entitled to your own opinions, of course. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

True enough Alan.

That was not a fact, it was an inference. And I'm entitled to my own inferences, just as you are. And, unlike you in the past over Rossi, I'm happy to lay out all of my reasons for this inference.

The logic is: if such a device existed it would be a big deal both scientifically and commercially, anyone even remotely self-interested (or altruistic) would exploit this one way or the other (or both).

You perhaps hope that you + others have or will have such a device: I hope that too. But I've seen no evidence of it as yet. I have a good memory for anomalous things that turn out in fact not to be that.

In this case the long history of people in your position who did in fat not have such a device means caution in inference is more likely true than revolutionary new discovery.

THH

• Official Post

In this case the long history of people in your position who did in fat not have such a device means caution in inference is more likely true than revolutionary new discovery.

That is very low-hanging fruit indeed. You could say that about almost any new idea, research outcome, wonder drug, promise of sexual favours or brand launch and be on the winning side.

• That is very low-hanging fruit indeed. You could say that about almost any new idea, research outcome, wonder drug, promise of sexual favours or brand launch and be on the winning side.

True in LENR field so far. Not in general: most people doing research with an expected outcome manage to do it. LENR research has such an expected outcome - just it has not yet materialised. Not sure why you include promise of sexual favours (seems bizaare, and anyway I don't want to go there) or brand launch (generally brand launches are successful though a few fail).

• The logic is: if such a device existed it would be a big deal both scientifically and commercially,

You simply won't accept that anomalous heat has been demonstrated on many occasions. Your mind is so set there is no point in trying to persuade you to look again.

Unfortunately we will not have further proof for months, so you can keep writing about how it will never happen. We know your opinion and d it serves no useful purpose to keep repeating it.

1. Frank Acland October 13, 2018 at 1:22 PM

Dear Andrea,

Can you give us an update on the commercialization status of the E-Cat. What should we expect to see over the coming weeks and months?

Many thanks,

Frank Acland

2. Andrea Rossi October 13, 2018 at 3:59 PM

Frank Acland:

At the end of January we will present our service based on the sale of heat made by the industrialized Ecat.

This is all I can say right now.

Thank you for your attention to our work,

Warm Regards,

A.R

In another comment Rossi sted that an LENR turbine was "close."

• His was an endorsement of sorts for Rossi. Those are far and few in between, and you have to take them when you can.

I certainly hope it is "of sorts"! Anyone who endorses Rossi certainly has questionable judgment in some areas. Areas that hopefully do not cast shadows on current work.

Simply put, unless someone has direct knowledge of eCats that has not been publicly revealed, it is clear that they do not work and Rossi is and out and out fraud.

If people have direct knowledge / data that the eCats work (not Rossi says and the hyperbole we here from AA) then why do they not discuss it? Giving Rossi the occasional "thumbs up" but refusing to discuss why, does nothing but tarnish their own reputation.

Rossi is proven a liar and complicit in multiple frauds. He has spent time in jail for at least one of these. Wishful thinking may certainly paint a hopeful picture, but the facts that are publicly known are that the eCat does not work and Rossi is a fraud. If someone has "caught" the mouse, I would certainly like a description of what the "mouse" even is! Rossi has never stated. Again, unless someone has inside information from him, to my knowledge, there has been zero public information as to what the mouse and doubtful that it even exists. In all the Doral debacle, the "mouse" was never mentioned nor displayed.

Quite astonishing!

• AA: You simply won't accept that anomalous heat has been demonstrated on many occasions.

That is completely untrue.

Back in November I wrote that Rossi was being optimistic and I estimated it would take until mid 2019 before he had enough factory built reactors to put on the market.

I don't think you realize the difficulty and time required to make reliable commercial LENR reactor.

When it happens eventually, I hope you don't write a solid page of text trying to spin away the fact that you said it was impossible.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.