Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• So what's the present verdict on Rossi? Yes his E-cat probably works along LENR lines but it suffers from one major drawback that prevents it from being a viable fusion reactor. Isn't it ovvous to everybody? Its a CLOSED SYSTEM which consumes catalyst as it runs. A better system would have the option of being open to adding fuel/catalyst as the system runs.

Yeah,

It’s obvious,

That The Ecat has never produced

Energy Out > Energy In.

It’s obvious that the January demo will be another Rube Goldberg kluge of Home Depot parts that will not prove anything.

It’s obvious that “Clan Rossi” has already wrote their rspeeches on what a success

The demo was.

It’s obvious that Rossi cannot properly measure anything because if he does this entire charade will cease.

• Sure that's the definition of catalyst in a perfect theoretical chemical reaction-in reality catalysts usually run down over time and have to be replaced. I agree, pehaps 'consume' is the wrong term 42, but my point was these e-cat's need to be open systems to function as fusion reactors. A much better reactor design would be to copy the SAFIRE low-temperature plasma system which they think is inducing LENR and suspend all the reactants in nanoparticle form within the double layers formed by the plasma. Ionization of the nanoparticle reactants would form a dusty plasma and probably deposit a catalytic residue at the cathode, which would be the reactor containment vessel walls in such a spherical discharge tube. (a large surface area in which LENR would continue to run and heat could be extracted from). Its all non-patentable old tech which could be built from a stainless steel pressure cooker, a golfball-sized anode, a 500V DC power supply & vacuum pump. Not rocket science-but if refined could power a starship in the future (only joking!).

• Do you really believe that somebody serious is interested in your (and your follower trolls) comments?

We know that Rossi had something. But nobody knows whether he ever will be successful! I only give him a 1% chance.

May be you should once try to write a real post with real information not just repeating others (very, very old) claims.

You "know" Rossi has something!

Please provide me with ANY credible data that suppirts your claim. I can the write a "real" post about real data!

My posts have been real. I post about sworn depositions, about Rossi's PROVEN lies. I post about Rossi's OWN statements which are telling. I post about his continual history of deceit, lies and fraud.

What is YOUR data that lets you know he has a working system?

Doral?

The Stockholm event?

How about Lugano?

His Robotic factories?

His 5 sigma certification?

His various theories with Gulstrom, Cook?

What evidence do you have? Seriously.

I will be more than open and willing to engage in a "real" discussion as you desire.

I am serious on this. If you knowing is based upon the publicly known data, your knowing is unfounded indeed.

Bob

• I wonder, how many thingamajigs Rossi can (supposedly) make in a day?

He had limited time to choose the final version due to amazing improvements (20 W, 100 W, 1 kW, bigger, hotter, etc.), then he has to make enough for 40 MW, figure out how to control wire and affix the units, etc., which takes time, subtracting from the deadline time. Build and program the robot factory, or make by hand.., still posting on JoNP all the while....

Rossi certainly appears to be a whirlwind of creativity and effort! It is even more astounding, however, when you realize that much of this was accomplished when he was nowhere near his "team" and his research/factory premises in Florida. I have been analyzing Rossi's travels and find that he has spent about 1/3 of the past year in a European time zone. In particular, he seems to have been in Europe almost continuously from the beginning of June to the end of August which is a period when some of the advances and crucial tests of the new devices were said to be carried out.

I have a bit more analysis to do but when I am done I will be posting the evidence for my claims. Probably in early November.

• Official Post

Bob,

Like I said before, there are some within the European science circle that believe Rossi had something. I say "had", because most, as far as I know, without a doubt believe in the Ecat, but are uncertain about this new plasma platform technology. You are just not going to get them to talk much about it though, as understandably it is a hard viewpoint to justify with facts, Not that they are alone, as I myself think it possible Rossi had something, although not on the scale he claimed. To me he is still a crook though, even if he gets a Noble one day like he dreams of.

That brings me to the little rebellion brewing about this thread, and how moderated: There are looser standards applied on this thread, than others as has been mentioned by Alan and I before. It is a special thread in that regard. Why?...well, we need this discussion to go on, and the only way it will, is if we allow greater leeway. Rossi is either a crook, a great inventor, or a blend of the two, so the stage is set for some spirited debate, so we let it happen.

Of course, for a debate there has to be two opposing sides represented. At one time, we had quite a few Rossi fans here, and they put up a good, relatively clean fight with what they had to work with. Unfortunately, most of them were purged, and some just disappeared over time. No one else left, or willing, or able to defend the hard to defend Rossi, so we make do with who we have.

• I'm convinced that Rossi had purely powder based systems that worked and he could build them today if he so desired.

I'm also convinced that the Quark is simply an enhanced variation of the PAGD and Chernetskii tube.

However, even if he does have technology that works, it doesn't matter one way or the other. He has inventors syndrome. This means that he doesn't care one bit about proving the reality of LENR to the world. All that matters is having a monopoly on LENR. That's impossible to achieve, but he doesn't care. If he can't have the entire market he'd rather take the E-Cat to the grave with him. He is no different than Patterson.

The sad news is that unless we try to find a cure for inventors syndrome, we'll be in the same situation five years from now as we are today. Virtually NO ONE is willing to be totally open once they start seeing positive results. And it seems that the few people who are open seem to get swallowed up by larger teams or organizations which seek profit above all else. Even those who don't have technologies themselves are getting inventors syndrome.

• Hmmm.... I thought I posted this under Clearance in response to W's post. It seems I errored. Please move it as you feel appropriate.

Thanks.

• I appreciate your attempt to moderate this. However..... W an A.S. are big boys. If they are going to call me a troll without facts, I will respond. (Yes, AS has called me a troll in the past, concerning the Stockholm fiasco)

If these "European" circles are willing to say "We KNOW that Rossi has something" and then call me a troll in the same paragraph, I will challenge them every time.

"W" has shown NOTHING but wishful thinking when it comes to Rossi. I again challenge him to back up his "babble" :) about my statements about Rossi and HIS knowing Rossi has a working reactor.

If these "European" circles do not have anything but "Rossi says", they are no more balanced than AA.

Let them defend themselves or they should reconsider thier stance as far as Rossi is concerned. There are absolute Mountains of public evidence truly against everything about him and what he says. Unless they "put up", they should stop defending the fraud. They harm LENR far more than help.

By their lack of facts, they expose they have nothing to support Rossi's claims. If they have anything, let them present it! They do not because they evidently have none.

Now if one wants to support Focardi, Piantelli, Magicsound and yes, even Johnny 5, that is completely a different story. Rossi.....no.

• Oh, go on then I'll be a Rossi supporter to keep the discussion going, I'm half-Italian so can understand where the guy is coming from. I really think he is sincere in what he is trying to achieve but doesn't have the scientific training or discipline to follow one line of thinking through to any logical conclusion, consequently flitting around like a butterfly from one idea to the next. Obviously landing in trouble with his first project in Italy, ending up on a fraud charge while trying to extract fuel from rubbish. Was that such a crime against a background of the Naples Comorra dumping dioxin waste all over the countryside poisoning buffalo milk to make the cheese for pizzas? Maybe he had to take a fall at the time, nobody knows. Then he moves to the US and screws up on some thermoelectric project, and now after years and years of working on cold fusion has come up with the e-cat QX. Well all I can say is good luck to the guy, hope it all works out, he's clearly sandwiched between the FBI on one side and the Italian mob on the other-not an enviable tightrope to walk if he makes a slip. Hence the lack of transparency in his demonstrations etc he never has been free in my opinion to just get on with the job at hand without being pressurized all the time. Or maybe I'm wrong, but I feel sorry for the guy he 'aint had it easy' as they say.

• It's absolutely ridiculous how so many people cannot separate the reality that Rossi has produced powerful Ni-H reactions from his behavior. Almost as rapidly as inventors disease is spreading, so is "Rossi Derangement Syndrome." I know for a fact there are people who simply cannot accept Rossi's technology as being real because they dislike his character so badly. They lose all reason and are blinded by the anger they feel at him for all the things he has done. I'm frustrated with him as well. He's manipulated the LENR community. He has misled honest LENR researchers. He has lied about various issues. He has played games instead of providing quality evidence of his technology. He has tried to provide as little evidence as possible so as not to attract too much attention. I could go on. But I recognize that despite all of this, there is a logical progression from Piantelli and Focardi's work to his own. In fact, Focardi performed extensive testing on Rossi's first systems and reported very high COP.

• So what's the present verdict on Rossi? Yes his E-cat probably works along LENR lines but it suffers from one major drawback that prevents it from being a viable fusion reactor. Isn't it ovvous to everybody? Its a CLOSED SYSTEM which consumes catalyst as it runs. A better system would have the option of being open to adding fuel/catalyst as the system runs.

The QX and SK are disposable. After a year of use, these reactors will be recycled. The LENR reaction eats away at the structure of these reactors and they will fail in about a year of use. Thinks of these reactors as similar to light bulbs.

• That brings me to the little rebellion brewing about this thread, and how moderated: There are looser standards applied on this thread, than others as has been mentioned by Alan and I before. It is a special thread in that regard. Why?...well, we need this discussion to go on, and the only way it will, is if we allow greater leeway. Rossi is either a crook, a great inventor, or a blend of the two, so the stage is set for some spirited debate, so we let it happen.

Of course, for a debate there has to be two opposing sides represented. At one time, we had quite a few Rossi fans here, and they put up a good, relatively clean fight with what they had to work with. Unfortunately, most of them were purged, and some just disappeared over time. No one else left, or willing, or able to defend the hard to defend Rossi, so we make do with who we have.

Shane D:

Perhaps a major reason that there are fewer Rossi acolytes on this thread now is what you expressed in your first paragraph -- "You are just not going to get them to talk much about it though, as understandably it is a hard viewpoint to justify with facts, . . (emphasis added)." Yes, it is more difficult to make a convincing argument when you have few, if any, actual, real life facts to argue and when almost all, if not all, of the facts are against you argument. If the only basis for an argument is the word of a self-admitted liar and cheat, it is not hard to understand the decline in the number of acolytes.

• The QX and SK are disposable. After a year of use, these reactors will be recycled. The LENR reaction eats away at the structure of these reactors and they will fail in about a year of use. Thinks of these reactors as similar to light bulbs.

Just out of curiosity, what is the basis for your assertions here - tea leaves? Bird entrails? Spirits from the beyond?

• That, IMHO, is a load of codswallop. I won't pretend to understand the science, so I cannot and will not comment on that. But when I look at and compare Rossi to Alan Smith, I see a conman, a liar and a cheat in Rossi who constantly brags about what he has accomplished but refuses to show any evidence thereof. I look at Alan's behavior and, although I don't know if he will be successful, I have no doubt that when (if) he is, he will not suffer from "inventor's disease." I hope that Alan, or someone else, is successful. I know it won't be Rossi. I suspect that in most of the instances of so called "inventor's disease," it is used as an excuse for why that particular person never produced the anticipated and promised wonderful new widget, what ever it might be.

You claim that a certain percentage of inventors who are successful are swallowed up by larger concerns seeking profits. I don't see how you get profits if you don't develop and exploit the technology. I am 100% confident that once someone cracks the problem, they will be deluged with offers of money, assistance and publicity.

I also question your repeated analyses of how Rossi's widgets work. IIRC, you have never been directly involved in their design, manufacture, etc., you have never had access to the widgets themselves and you have not been made privy to any secret or confidential information. So you have watched a bunch of videos and read Rossi's public statements and then invested that with how you want the widgets to work. Regardless, I believe you are wrong because Rossi's widgets are a con.

• For this kWh/h issue:

From the Norwegian Wikipedia:
    kWh/h
    (Google translation link)

Also, for me here in Germany, this not uncommon. When there is talk about power plant, consumption and energy bills and such topics.

I see this term from time to time.

Maybe it's not used/common outside Europe.

• For the Rossi horsepowers and Usain Bolt topic, the Wikipedia reports:

The physical analysis of Bolts World Record Run 2009 took place in 2013 in the European Journal of Physics, Vol. 34, p. 1227. [47] After Bolts body needed an average power of 815.8 Newton, the maximum force was reached shortly after the start with 1000 Newton. Peak power was achieved at 2620 watts 0.89 s after launch. 81.6 kilojoules of energy were consumed by Bolt during this run. [48]

[47]

[48] (German)

And for those, who just want to have some fun:
    Finally: horse with 2 HP comes on the market!

:/

• Official Post

If these "European" circles do not have anything but "Rossi says", they are no more balanced than AA.

Let them defend themselves or they should reconsider thier stance as far as Rossi is concerned. There are absolute Mountains of public evidence truly against everything about him and what he says. Unless they "put up", they should stop defending the fraud. They harm LENR far more than help.

Bob,

Androcles fuel, and dry reactor are Rossi inspired, and all is performing very well so far. The "mouse" technique they learned -heat applied in a certain way, at the right time, until light off, they took from Rossi. I imagine as long as things keep going so well, they have the proof they need to defend their stance.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.