Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• I am getting a little excited about the "firepower" of this client.

Shane,

You have to remember two things...

1. Rossi ALWAYS disappoints! Always.

Remember, he stated IH was a "major" US company. He stated Bass was a "Chief Engineer". He stated the 1MW plant customer was very satisfied!

Just go back and look at ALL of Rossi's demo's, statements and claims. His "Certification" was actually a meaningless, non-production review of the electrical box controls. ALL of his dealings disappoint greatly and have always been far from what his statements would "lead" someone to believe.

2. I really doubt that ANY "major" company would touch Rossi with the proverbial "ten foot pole" after Doral. At least not without very clear and independent verification of Rossi claims. We know Rossi will never allow that. So therefore, no "major" company. He may have charmed another angel investor into some type of "Deal" without due diligence, but it will not be a "major" company that has significant engineering experience at their disposal.

No, this will simply be another Rossi disappointment.... I would not get too excited.

• Interesting Adrian's view that skeptics would be running away. What I've noticed is that he does not want to engage with reasoned criticism of his views, and therefore now posts on a thread here where the only posts allowed are those with an ECW-like Rossiphilic slant. Rather like a little corner of ECW here. Not sure why he does not just post on ECW? Anyway, that surely counts as Adrian running away, perhaps because it is clear the much awaited latest demo will be even more fake than the previous one?

The fact is that there are individuals on this forum who find it fun and exciting to interrupt all conversations that are in the least, smallest way positive about Andrea Rossi's E-Cat technology. That's why I requested that such individuals stay out of the thread I created. Repeatedly, they would have simply interjected, "Why are you supporting such a criminal fraud? I can't believe there are such gullible people on this forum!" Apparently, they don't care one bit about allowing threads to remain on topic, common courtesy, or allowing others to express their opinions. I don't care if others on this forum have opinions different than mine. However, I have the same right to express my opinions as they do.

• The fact is that there are individuals on this forum who find it fun and exciting to interrupt all conversations that are in the least, smallest way positive about Andrea Rossi's E-Cat technology. That's why I requested that such individuals stay out of the thread I created. Repeatedly, they would have simply interjected, "Why are you supporting such a criminal fraud? I can't believe there are such gullible people on this forum!" Apparently, they don't care one bit about allowing threads to remain on topic, common courtesy, or allowing others to express their opinions. I don't care if others on this forum have opinions different than mine. However, I have the same right to express my opinions as they do.

IMHO, you are conflating the right to express your opinion with your perceived right to be immune from criticism. I completely support your, Sam, AA's, etc. right to express your respective opinions. But that doesn't mean I have to refrain from mocking those opinions based on the facts as I see them. After all, you choose to draw your own conclusions but that doesn't mean you have a monopoly on the conversation.

• I think it is a major mistake to censor opinions on specific threads. That is what Frank does on ECW and why it has become more and more a joke. This kind of censorship could kill LF. Are we going to cater to every crackpot thread suggestion and censor them all for only believers? Casual readers only reading one side of a story with no one allowed to call out BS or factual errors is not science, or good policy in general. Big thumbs down for the censored threads.

• Rossi will not be the driver in the success of the SK and additional follow on products. The partner will take over from Rossi and will become the primary mover in the LENR marketplace. The partner will gently set Rossi aside and relegate him to tinkering around in his last years with trying to become an industrialist much in the same why that Edison spent the last years of his life losing out to big capital and industrialists.

• I think it is a major mistake to censor opinions on specific threads. That is what Frank does on ECW and why it has become more and more a joke. This kind of censorship could kill LF. Are we going to cater to every crackpot thread suggestion and censor them all for only believers? Casual readers only reading one side of a story with no one allowed to call out BS or factual errors is not science, or good policy in general. Big thumbs down for the censored threads.

You make a good point on censorship.But ECat World is

not a joke.It is an interesting and

informative blog.

• PFD's,

That was my idea, and after some input I changed my mind. All is back to normal, so Rossi is fair game again. Only semi-exception is Director's QX thread, where we will provide limited protection, so that he and others can talk Rossi tech without too much hassle.

I would like to see the Rossi skeptics

follow Directors QX thread.

There would be no harm in them

having some positive input.

• The fact is that there are individuals on this forum who find it fun and exciting to interrupt all conversations that are in the least, smallest way positive about Andrea Rossi's E-Cat technology. That's why I requested that such individuals stay out of the thread I created. Repeatedly, they would have simply interjected, "Why are you supporting such a criminal fraud? I can't believe there are such gullible people on this forum!" Apparently, they don't care one bit about allowing threads to remain on topic, common courtesy, or allowing others to express their opinions. I don't care if others on this forum have opinions different than mine. However, I have the same right to express my opinions as they do.

Director,

What are you’re expectations for this next demonstration?

Do you have a list of what you would like or expect to see?

Do you have any specific areas that you must see or are your requirements all subjective?

• Rossi will not be the driver in the success of the SK and additional follow on products. The partner will take over from Rossi and will become the primary mover in the LENR marketplace. The partner will gently set Rossi aside and relegate him to tinkering around in his last years with trying to become an industrialist much in the same why that Edison spent the last years of his life losing out to big capital and industrialists.

axil,

You can’t believe what you just wrote, I know you want to believe it, but deep in your heart, you know, you just know that nothing will come out of this demo that remotely proves that Rossi has developed anything

Energy Out > Energy In.

pfd,

Agree 100%.

ECW censors virtually every non-friendly Rossi comment I have ever made, but allows every positive fluff piece, rainbows and unicorns, pay no attention to the naysayers comment,

It’s like reading CNBC.

• I think it is a major mistake to censor opinions on specific threads.

The Director explained why it was necessary on a thread that aimed at discussing the possibility that the QS and SK reactors worked.

You are not being censored and can comment about his thread here if you want to. To have that thread interrupted by the babble found on this thread would spoil it. You may enjoy babble but others don't.

• I think it is a major mistake to censor opinions on specific threads.

It is not censoring. It is just a polite request. Just ignore that thread. If the discussion there centered around claims such as "there is no reason to distrust Rossi" that would be annoying, but as long as they are discussing the imaginary physics of his imaginary claims, it is harmless. Pointless, but harmless.

I do think it would be a good idea for the pro-Rossi crowd such as Axil and A.A. to read the Penon report, because it is the one and only technical report that Rossi published. I doubt he will ever publish another. It would help them understand him. However, they are allergic to facts so they will not read it. For those who want to know what Rossi actually claimed, rather than a version that you yourself invent out of whole cloth, the report is here:

http://coldfusioncommunity.net…/01/0197.03_Exhibit_3.pdf

• Reading the comments of Rossi fans is pretty much pointless. Whatever opinions they express are either based strictly upon what Rossi says (long proven to be utter nonsense) or based on whispers from alleged secret sources (the only response to which is "oh, give me a break!") But as Jed implies, giving them their own playpen in which to have wet dreams is utterly harmless.

• Reading the comments of Rossi fans is pretty much pointless. Whatever opinions they express are either based strictly upon what Rossi says . . .

Actually, as I said above, their opinions are not based strictly on what Rossi says. The only technical claim he ever made is in the Penon report, and it is nothing like what A.A. or Axil imagine. What Rossi says on his webpage has no technical content, from what I have seen. There are no numbers or details.

(I haven't watched the video of his demo. Perhaps he makes falsifiable assertions there.)

Other people have written technical reports about his work that can be evaluated. As I have often said, this one appears to have merit, but at this late date, I don't know what to make of it:

http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/LeviGindication.pdf

There is nothing in this report that reveals anything about the internals of the devices. I gather the "protected" thread will be about how to replicate, or about how the gadgets work. I don't see how anyone could guess that, even assuming the gadgets do work. There is zero information about them, even including the patents. This Levi report and the Penon report do tell us about the calorimetry, and also about Rossi's technical skills, judgement, and overall believability.

• The Director explained why it was necessary on a thread that aimed at discussing the possibility that the QS and SK reactors worked.

You are not being censored and can comment about his thread here if you want to. To have that thread interrupted by the babble found on this thread would spoil it. You may enjoy babble but others don't.

So he is not being censored but he is not allowed to post critical posts there -- but he is not being censored. So if AS and the other moderators deleted all of your posts and didn't allow you to post here, that would not be censorship because you can post elsewhere. Is that correct?

And please note that I am not making any First Amendment arguments because the First Amendment doesn't apply to any of this.

• Official Post

So if AS and the other moderators deleted all of your posts

Racism, homophobia, doxxing, extremist views, outright obscenity could result in posts being deleted, but that is all, and thankfully very very rare. For the record it is our usual policy to ask members to consider deleting or editing their own posts before we would even consider deletion, since it is a last resort. Otherwise it's green ink or moving to another thread -probably 'Clearance'.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.