Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• Director,

What are you’re expectations for this next demonstration?

Do you have a list of what you would like or expect to see?

Do you have any specific areas that you must see or are your requirements all subjective?

To answer your first question, I expect that the demonstration will be moderately, though not totally, convincing. Andrea Rossi does want to get too many potential competitors interested in his technology. He will perform a demonstration that will get a few more investors and potential customers interested but will not make other companies decide to try and copy his work. For this reason the experiment will be adequate but sloppy. Cynics love to jump on any tiny less than optimal part of an experimental setup and he will intentionally leave a few in place for them to attack. He actually wants them to do so, because if any larger companies are paying attention they will listen to the cynics and pseudoskeptics and lose interest.

What I would like to see and what I expect to see are two different things. What I expect to see is a demonstration of the COP of the overall system that makes it seem likely that excess heat is being produced. What I'd like to see is an experiment conducted in a manner that leaves virtually no loop holes whatsoever. For example, I'd like to see power input, water flow, and measured with different instrumentation giving the same values. I would also like to see the input power from the wall converted to DC power first (easier to measure) before being inverted into AC and used by the setup. AC power input will only create controversy because the cynics will always claim it was not measured properly.

• Racism, homophobia, doxxing, extremist views, outright obscenity could result in posts being deleted, but that is all, and thankfully very very rare. For the record it is our usual policy to ask members to consider deleting or editing their own posts before we would even consider deletion, since it is a last resort. Otherwise it's green ink or moving to another thread -probably 'Clearance'.

Alan,

So, are religious comparisons, connotations etc fair game?

• Roseland,

I know that won't be done, because then the results would be too convincing. Andrea Rossi doesn't give a rats ass what anyone thinks of him. And he really doesn't care about his legacy after his eventually passing. All that matters to him is total domination of the energy market: nothing else matters. He wants to rake in hundreds of billions of dollars. And exactly how Patterson revealed to Jed, if he can't have all of the marketshare he'd rather have none and let the technology go to the grave with him. This is what happened to Patterson and it could very well happen to Rossi. However, there's another option that would be extremely tedious and stressful for the LENR community: he does move forward with a very few "real" customers that don't really confirm or deny his technology works -- only that they are getting the power they are paying for. Rossi would continue slowly pursuing similar arrangements with other companies in an effort to step by step build his customer base until he can afford his own mega-factory (all operated by robots so no other human being can know the details of how the QX operates) to produce millions of units on a regular basis. Except saving enough money to accomplish this would be nearly impossible. Third parties will have reproduced the QX before he is able to get more than a few small clients.

• A look at youtube videos of claimed perpetual motion devices, photo shopped pictures of fish catches or simply watching Forrest Gump will quickly show that videos are not to be trusted these days.

A video demo is worthless. What is needed is experts using their own equipment with Rossi and his minions watching from afar. – and with multiply redundant measures of all ALL inputs and outputs.

• I wouldn't say that a video demo is worthless -- especially if there are qualified scientists there taking the measurements and readings -- but it won't be truly convincing either. The sad thing is that it won't put an end to the controversy. In fact, it will simply stoke the fires of discord on LENR Forums and elsewhere. What needs to happens is for the QX to be replicated by third parties so then a thousand tests can be performed on it.

• Eventually, LENR will get to the root of physical reality which will expose the creative mechanism that sparked the existence of the universe and this forum will then have to self-ban itself as a whole to abide by the no religion rule. :)

• Official Post

All that matters to him is total domination of the energy market: nothing else matters. He wants to rake in hundreds of billions of dollars

He does have a healthy interest in real estate also. :) But yeah, other than that, he wants to dominate the energy sector. Really, all I care about is this customer. The demo will be a disappointment, even though Acland will be attending. Knowing who the customer is, will tell me much more than any Rossi controlled demo.

• pfd,

Agree 100%.

ECW censors virtually every non-friendly Rossi comment I have ever made, but allows every positive fluff piece, rainbows and unicorns, pay no attention to the naysayers comment,

It’s like reading CNBC.

Is it possible u are not reading properly? Eventhough ECW is VERY Rossi friendly u have some fact loving people in the mix:

So maybe it is not about the attitude of your posts but the quality?

• Eventually, LENR will get to the root of physical reality which will expose the creative mechanism that sparked the existence of the universe and this forum will then have to self-ban itself as a whole to abide by the no religion rule. :)

While I guess nothing can ever be ruled out , if with we suppose LENR (excess heat from nuclear reactions at relatively low temperatures) is real there plenty mechanisms - e.g surprisingly large electron shielding in a lattice - that do not require such a radical overhaul of fundamental physics.

IMHO it does LENR research no service to over-dramatise what LENR might be, if it exists, given this is not now known.

Racism, homophobia, doxxing, extremist views, outright obscenity could result in posts being deleted, but that is all, and thankfully very very rare. For the record it is our usual policy to ask members to consider deleting or editing their own posts before we would even consider deletion, since it is a last resort. Otherwise it's green ink or moving to another thread -probably 'Clearance'.

Plus any negative reference to certain tech writer/reporters and a certain professor possibly still with U of Bologna.

Andrea Rossi does want to get too many potential competitors interested in his technology.

This is a ridiculous old canard. Do you see Musk holding back and giving crummy demos because of concern about potential competitors? Did Gates, in the old Microsoft days? Does any well known inventor? Of course not. Protection doesn't come from absurd self-crippling and deceptive and insufficient demonstrations. It comes from effective patents, something Rossi can't get because he has nothing to patent except an electrical heater.

Really, all I care about is this customer.

The only real customer Rossi ever had since he cheated and lied to the DOD, was IH. And you know how that turned out. Rossi doesn't have customers. He occasionally has marks, confidence scheme victims.

• Official Post

The only real customer Rossi ever had since he cheated and lied to the DOD, was IH. And you know how that turned out. Rossi doesn't have customers.

Maybe so, but Rossisays this customer has "firepower". IH did not have that. :) Who knows what he is up too, but I believe he really has a customer. The pattern is there to where I feel comfortable saying that. Whether that partner is what he is hinting it to be, or another fake, remains to be seen. It goes without saying, that if they are legitimate, it will be big news. Not holding my breath though. It could be a long wait, and he may have a scenario in mind for us, where we never tells us who it is, and he quietly exits the stage to concentrate on his growing real estate empire.

• He does have a healthy interest in real estate also. :) But yeah, other than that, he wants to dominate the energy sector. Really, all I care about is this customer. The demo will be a disappointment, even though Acland will be attending. Knowing who the customer is, will tell me much more than any Rossi controlled demo.

Shane,

A bottle of Mac12 Double Cask says the customer is an unknown never heard of

or a Rossi sock puppet

• Shane,

A bottle of Mac12 Double Cask says the customer is an unknown never heard of

or a Rossi sock puppet

???

We will not know. Rossi will not reveal the customer according to his latest statement as far as I remember.

Have you heard differently?

He never tells who his "customers" is. :rolleyes:

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.