Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• No. It's better than that. I have independent confirmation

You can take it from me that it's true. To go further would be an invasion of somebody else's privacy.

That is one of planet Rossi biggest problems. It is always a "secret" that someone knows, but cannot tell. A shadowy rumor that

seems never to be substantiated. Always an NDA or someone "afraid" to come out of the "pro-Rossi closet".

Sworn testimony given by Rossi is swept under the rug.

His out and out lies are ignored.

His completely irrational behavior winked at and rationalized for him.

Much factual, data based reasoning regarding deception of heat exchangers, IR camera readings, resistor circuits, air movement, posting socks.... etc, etc. are ignored or "pooh - poohed". After all... he DID have a surgery!

But oh the "I have confirmation" trumps all! No it does not. Perhaps to some, but to no one else. If I said I had independent confirmation about Johnny 5's claims, would this most likely be discredited? Very likely! Yet Rossi is still given the "thumbs" up for far less facts and much more serious flaws absolutely known.

Quite amazing indeed. Even if Rossi did have some minor reaction in the past, probably more from Focardi or Piantelli than Rossi himself, how can people still defend him? It is appalling and truly calls into question one's world view..... industrial investment capitalist.... why, across the board they are evil and any action against them is warranted! A lying, deceiving individual who has stolen millions from ….. an industrial investment capitalist.... good for them!.... He deserves my "thumbs up!" but not a scientific report on a personally witnessed event that has been widely promoted as "convincing" and "impressive", etc. :/ No of course not, that would be damning and we cannot do that can we?

It calls into question reasoned judgement which can spill over into other areas. :|

Very unfortunate.

• Magician is a perfect description. All his demos are performed along the lines of a stage act. Nearly all magicians have an engineer to invent the illusion and manufacture the props. However the last demo with the plastic plumbing parts suggests his regular guy done a runner.

• [...]

Of course the Convinced are really nothing but Rossi sending congratulations to himself while posing as someone else. This is proof. Rossi was especially active on Christmas day when he sent himself 2 messages of support and congratulations. A special present! That is both manipulative and sad.

Thanks for the work, Bruce.

Please correct me someone, I've lost the source, but:

IMHO on Rossis's blog, the (non-Rossi) messages do not appear in "realtime", they are put on queue, sorted out by AR, made online (or get deleted) and then are answered.

This may lead to false correlations (time stamps).

But for Rossi (himself) and sockpuppets-posts the correlations are very interessting.

BTW: It must not always be Rossi himself as a sockpuppet, it is also possible that we read his wife Maddalena Pascucci or someone from his "italien/english speaking inner circle".

Just my two cents ....

• IMHO on Rossis's blog, the (non-Rossi) messages do not appear in "realtime", they are put on queue, sorted out by AR, made online (or get deleted) and then are answered.

I had the same thought. That is why I displayed Frank Acland's message times. We know that Frank is a real person. If you look at his posts their pattern does not shift when Rossi travels to Europe. I conclude that the timestamps of messages from real people are assigned when the system receives them and have not, so far, been under Rossi's control. Of course anything could happen in the future.

• Official Post

That is one of planet Rossi biggest problems. It is always a "secret" that someone knows, but cannot tell. A shadowy rumor that

seems never to be substantiated. Always an NDA or someone "afraid" to come out of the "pro-Rossi closet".

Bob. Who exactly visits who in hospital is hardly anybody's business but their own. for you to think otherwise calls your judgement on other areas into question.

• So you have no opinion whatsoever. Is that it?

Do you speak language? I clearly stated my opinion. Let me repeat: The Levi experiment was not replicated so we have no way of knowing if it was real or not.

That is to say, we have no scientific or technical basis for judging whether it is real. A person might judge based on Rossi's personality and his actions, in which case most people would bet the results are wrong, or fraudulent. But that is not falsifiable. It is not debatable. It is just an intuitive hunch.

• No peer reviewed papers, no independent confirmations?

I meant there are ways to sell technology while protecting intellectual property (I.P.) , with things like patents. Peer-reviewed papers and independent confirmations need not interfere with getting a patent. For example, a confirmation can be made without revealing the inner nature of the device, in a black box test. People have often pointed that out.

Granted, the confirmation would stir up interest and trigger competition, but it would also enhance the likelihood of success in various ways, such as by attracting powerful allies. I mean wealthy people who want a piece of the action, and who will pay for for a first-rate patent attorney. I.H. was an ideal example of such people. Let us assume for the sake of argument that Rossi's claims were real, and that he was capable of demonstrating the effect. In that case, he threw away a golden opportunity by refusing to demonstrate the effect, and by alienating and then filing suit against I.H. If the effect is real, the was the stupidest thing he could have done.

I am saying it is possible for some people to protect I.P. while publishing peer-reviewed papers and allowing independent confirmations. I am not saying that Rossi is capable of doing this. He isn't inclined to do it. Again, assuming for the sake of argument the effect is real, he is terribly self-destructive. He must have thrown away billions of dollars in potential income by now.

I think there is little chance his claims are true. That's my hunch, based on his behavior. Although as I said, I know of no compelling technical reasons to doubt the first Levi test. There are some reasons to doubt it, of course. I was hoping a better test would be done. I made several suggestions to Levi for a better test, all of which he ignored. The second test, at Lugano, was an abomination instead of an improvement. Again, that gives me a feeling the first test was botched. "A feeling" is not proof of anything in science, but there it is. You should not ignore your own intuition.

• Do you speak language? I clearly stated my opinion. Let me repeat: The Levi experiment was not replicated so we have no way of knowing if it was real or not.

That is to say, we have no scientific or technical basis for judging whether it is real. A person might judge based on Rossi's personality and his actions, in which case most people would bet the results are wrong, or fraudulent. But that is not falsifiable. It is not debatable. It is just an intuitive hunch.

I asked for your opinion of the reality of the Levi experiment, not the scientific analysis of it. I didn't ask if you knew whether it was real. I asked whether you thought it was real. I guess that you view yourself as a Vulcan whose thoughts and opinions are not colored by such things as emotions and other external factors. So perhaps I should not have pushed. As Adrian is fond of pointing out, if you don't take sides, you can't be on the wrong side. Of course, he is the worst example ever of not taking sides, but that's another story.

• I asked for your opinion of the reality of the Levi experiment, not the scientific analysis of it.

My opinion is that it is impossible to judge the reality of the Levi experiment by a scientific standard. If you wish to judge it by some other standard, go ahead. Feel free. In this case, you are going by your gut feeling, or intuition, and by your experience in life that untrustworthy people often lie. There is no harm in judging things by such standards but it ain't science. As I said, other people cannot falsify your hunch, or debate whether you are right or wrong. Someone else might have a different life experience that leads them to reach a different conclusion. Someone who has spent a lot of time working with academic scientists will know that they are often eccentric, and that trying to judge their claims based on their personalities may be problematic.

I described my own non-scientific hunch above:

"I think there is little chance his claims are true. That's my hunch, based on his behavior. Although as I said, I know of no compelling technical reasons to doubt the first Levi test. There are some reasons to doubt it, of course. I was hoping a better test would be done. I made several suggestions to Levi for a better test, all of which he ignored. The second test, at Lugano, was an abomination instead of an improvement. Again, that gives me a feeling the first test was botched. 'A feeling' is not proof of anything in science, but there it is. You should not ignore your own intuition."

I didn't ask if you knew whether it was real. I asked whether you thought it was real.

I think I cannot tell. Does that bother you? You seem to dislike ambiguity. I sense you feel uncomfortable in a state of not knowing, or a state of withholding or suspending judgment. In science you must often suspend judgement for years, or for a lifetime. Most questions are never answered. Many answers turn out to be wrong. The more you learn, the less you know. In my experience that's even more true when it comes to raising children.

That is true to lesser a extent with technical fields such as programming. There is never a perfectly right answer or a best method in programming. It is always a matter of degree. What were good methods in 1990 are obsolete or even impossible to implement today. It is a mixture of art and science. Art can never be definitely defined, known, or judged right or wrong.

• Since getting my PhD some 36 years ago I have had the pleasure of working and interacting with a great many scientists in many disciplines. My experience has been that very few refused to make judgments about various matters simply because they did not have access to all possibly useful data. They would still form provisional opinions. Most were equally willing to change their minds if new data was presented that refuted their previous conclusions. But apparently you know far more about how science works than I do and apparently I am simply mistaken.

I might point out that there are dozens or perhaps hundreds of free energy claims that have never been formally refuted. I would say that one can safely assume that they are all nonsense based on the fact that they quickly vanished into obscurity along with their authors. I guess you would say that one cannot have an opinion about them because that isn’t how science works. I guess you’re the expert.

• My experience has been that very few refused to make judgments about various matters simply because they did not have access to all possibly useful data.

No one can ever have access to all possible useful data. The life of the universe is not long enough for that. However, any scientific judgement of the Levi experiment must be based on some useful data. Your judgement appears to be based on your opinion of Rossi, which is not scientific data at all.

They would still form provisional opinions.

A provisional opinion is like a like verbal agreement; it isn't worth the paper it's written on (Samuel Goldwyn). Anyone can have an opinion about anything. Unless you can list specific technical reasons to doubt the Levi paper, your opinion has no technical merit and I, for one, will ignore it. Okay, I will agree that Rossi's personality casts doubt on the results. But that's not proof of anything. It is a shrug of the shoulders. It is putting the question aside, indefinitely.

I might point out that there are dozens or perhaps hundreds of free energy claims that have never been formally refuted. I would say that one can safely assume that they are all nonsense based on the fact that they quickly vanished into obscurity along with their authors.

I would not assume that at all. Lots of things vanish into obscurity along with their authors. Many good programming techniques from the 1970s have vanished, which is why some modern programs are unreliable, slow, or infuriating. I do not believe free energy claims because they violate the laws of thermodynamics. Also because some free energy experiments I looked at were wrong. Those, I am sure of.

It is possible some of the free energy claims I have not examined were right. It seems unlikely, but I cannot tell. Again, I don't mind suspending judgment. It does not bother me to admit I do not know. It seems to bother you. I do not understand your state of mind, but I know that many people share it. People don't like mysteries. They don't like to admit they don't know the answer. I suppose that is why they make up explanations for things and then cling to them despite evidence to the contrary. I have never felt an urge to do that. I couldn't care less whether I personally understand something or not. I have spent decades trying to grapple with things that I barely understand, and things like cold fusion that no one understands.

• Bob. Who exactly visits who in hospital is hardly anybody's business but their own. for you to think otherwise calls your judgement on other areas into question.

I respect your keeping health matters private and agree that Rossi's medical issues are none of my business. But that was not my point. I admit I often miss my mark when expressing my frustration.

As clearly as I can put it.... you will post what I call "thumbs up" to Rossi on a fairly regular occasion. I have never seen you state the character that he has proven to be.... a liar, a deceiver, a fraud. This is without argument. Court deposition BY Rossi himself, show that he has lied, deceived, committed fraud on many occasions. Not only to IH, but to his own fanbase. There was no customer. There was no heat exchanger. There was no real "chief engineer". There was no selling of heat to be used in an industrial operation. He provided data showing the plant ran at 75% capacity when the power was shut off! There was no working Doral 1MW reactor and he tried to scam 89 MILLION dollars for it! The list goes on and on but

this seemingly does not matter to you. THIS is the judgement I am talking about!

While not proven criminal in Doral, he did spend time for crimes before, which were the result of the same type of activities.... fraud, deceit, etc. There is no questioning this.

Yet, you will not give a scientific assessment of a demonstration that you said you would report on as accurately as possible. Because seemingly it would put Rossi in a very negative light and you refuse to do this. You have thrown shade at IH on occasion, yet I do not believe I have ever seen you hold Rossi accountable for anything. And yet you think my judgement is in question?

This was the core of my post, which I must have not gotten across well. At least "Director" recognizes what Rossi's character is, he simply puts his fantasy that Rossi has a LENR reactor as more important that the crimes. You do not even seem to recognize the flaws, yet will throw the veiled insults towards IH. A company who has done nothing but put money into LENR and credible researchers.

Hopefully that clears this up. Who judgement is logical? Calling a spade a spade or sweeping major reprobates away and supporting the individual anyway? That is what my point is. If you believe in Rossi so much, give us a scientific assessment about how good his reactor at Stockholm was! This was his shining star and latest and greatest.

Sorry for any confusion.

• Thank you Jed for not going down your usual path of insults in your response. Mysteries are great. The world is full of them and exploring any one of which can provide a career. Based on the totality of the Rossi saga, I don’t see much reason to expect his early demonstrations to be any different from his later ones. But if it turned out that the first e-cats actually worked but he then went down the road we have witnessed, that would be a true mystery to solve... but for a psychologist, not a physicist.

• This is the destiny of nameless forum trolls: They will never meet people that are friends, partners of the people they comment on. Alan or myself would certainly tell your dog but no you ...

The "anon" issue again? :/ Well, as I have said before, I use my real name, same as you I guess. What difference does it make?

If you believe Rossi and support him, then I challenge you to

A) state why you support him and what you base it upon.

B) Why you think the many proven Rossi lies and deceits should be swept under a rug and ignored? (See my reply to Alan)

You call me a troll and insult me, but it matters little. I call you and Alan out based upon sound logic and you cannot hold your position. Like Rossi supporter Adrian, you have to fall back on personal insult. Rossi is a proven liar and fraud. Do you deny this? Rossi has never publicly proven any demo to be anything other than bad measurement or out and out fraud. Do you deny this? Rossi has a history of lies, fraud and deceit. Do you deny this?

Of course, if you believe Rossi has the real goods, you can always provide evidence.... or not. There seemingly is none.

Call me a troll if you like.... I call you on your bluff. I can provide facts, evidence, history and Rossi's own sworn admissions to support my points and claims. You and Alan provide nothing.

So, my dog would yawn and fall asleep if you and Alan spoke to him as there is no meat to your words about Rossi. That is all he cares about. :)

I would imagine that if I ever had a chance to meet the vast majority of people on this blog, we would have very good discussions and enjoy company. It is only the three or four Rossi believers here that seem to think everyone else is "babblers". :rolleyes:

It is election day here in the states. Feeling very frustrated by people with little logic or aptitude about holding people accountable for their own actions!X( The end does not justify the means. (Except evidently on planet Rossi) Perhaps tomorrow will be better.

• Official Post

If you believe in Rossi so much, give us a scientific assessment about how good his reactor at Stockholm was! This was his shining star and latest and greatest.

Bob,

Th European LENR science circle believes the older Ecats worked, but are reserving judgement on the QX/SK. Clarification for the new members and guests...Stockholm was Rossi's demonstration of the QX.

• I suspect that Rossi has moved up/down/sideways from Home Depot to Lowes, or maybe he is getting his precision parts from OSH at a discount because of they closing up business. Maybe AA, Axil or Sam has some insider information re: that.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.