Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• Well, OK. So how do we reconcile that story with the plethora of cold facts which demonstrate that every Rossi demonstration had deliberate major flaws and everything, especially the immense pool of information gathered by the lawyers in the depositions from Rossi vs IH, points to Rossi's devices being nothing but electrical heaters.

JedRothwell

Your thinking process evidenced in these discussions, is interesting. I haven't quite managed to formulate the explanation yet but I have a strong impression that it is why you were so readily bamboozled by Rossi. Carl Sagan's famous cite about keeping an open but not too open mind comes to mind. I think that part of it is that you are bringing the wrong concepts and methods to the investigation. You are apparently not giving enough consideration to deliberate and cleverly crafted and pre-tested deception. That speaks well for your own honesty but you are likely to miss crookedness in others until late in the game.

Even Dewey Weaver -no friend to Rossi and thus a 'hostile witness' - has reported in this forum that there was a radiation event in Lugano, and another at an earlier test in Ferrara.

Perhaps so but I have not seen it. Maybe Dewey Weaver can comment on what he knows about this and how. The only "radiation event" I heard of was in one of the original demos of the original rusty pipe steam ecats with the huge band heaters. Is that the Ferrara test you meant? I get sort of lost when Rossi's tests are referred to via cities because I have always referred to them by dates and types of device.

the radiations inside the Ecat are thermalized.

Maybe someone with a good background in particle physics can explain what that means. I can easily find thermalization of neutrons in a Google search and it seems to require a lot of shielding. Gamma shields need to be substantial as well. It must be pointed out that Rossi's early so-called reactors, in effect assemblies made of what look like rusty parts (see img below), have no room for any shielding. The space within early ecats seemed to be occupied by two large powerful heaters-- one axial and the other peripheral, surrounding the ecat. Where does this supposed thermalization take place, please? And again, what is it?

remember the "classic" ecat? there is a big heater inside and a flow channel for coolant. where does the shielding for thermalization go?

rossi-classic-ecat.jpg

• Official Post

Did Rossi put radioactive materials into early reactors to seed the reaction? That's what this appears to be suggesting...

https://www.mail-archive.com/v…eskimo.com/msg116701.html

CW,

"Seed the reaction" makes it sound like a slight of hand, but I think Beene meant to suggest some researchers (not Rossi), used the doping technique to try and boost, or multiply the nuclear signal. Is that how you read it?

On another note; somewhere buried in all the literature, is an eyewitness account of Rossi buying NI62. As our readers may recall, NI62 had significance in the Lugano ash analysis. If true...now that would be slight of hand.

• Well, OK. So how do we reconcile that story with the plethora of cold facts which demonstrate that every Rossi demonstration had deliberate major flaws and everything, especially the immense pool of information gathered by the lawyers in the depositions from Rossi vs IH, points to Rossi's devices being nothing but electrical heaters.

The two cannot be reconciled. This is an open mystery that will probably never be solved. We do not have enough information.

If that bothers you, you should avoid cold fusion, and cutting edge science and technology. There are always more questions than answers, and many answers turn out to be wrong. It is like wandering in a fog.

Even computers, which are nowadays reliable and predictable, were anything but reliable when they began. From the 1960s through the mid-1980s they often did not work the way the manuals claimed, and no one knew why. I know that because I wrote the manuals. You had to constantly invent work-arounds and substitute methods. (They were deterministic machines -- by definition -- but so complicated and flawed by poor designs in hardware and software they might as well not have been.)

Your thinking process evidenced in these discussions, is interesting. I haven't quite managed to formulate the explanation yet but I have a strong impression that it is why you were so readily bamboozled by Rossi.

I do not think you understand my thinking process. You do not even understand the difference between "credible evidence" and "it must be real." You seem unable to grasp the idea that we do not have answers, and we cannot judge whether Celani's measurement was meaningful or not.

You have grotesquely distorted my views, and over-simplified the situation to the level of an Archie and Veronica comic book. I do not think I was readily or completely bamboozled. I often expressed doubts about Rossi in public. I warned readers repeatedly that he refused to allow me, or anyone else, to use our own instruments, and he almost killed the observers from NASA. You ignore all of that, which makes your description of me highly distorted.

• So the Ecat never emitted ionizing radiation but it is dangerous?

Silly Gruber, strange radiation is obviously not ionizing, and is only dangerous if not thermalized. Home Depot did not yet stock the Glacier Bay thermalization PVC piping back then. The interesting thing about his answer is that apparently strange radiation makes one lose their voice. That might be the first useful gauge to measuring it. Perhaps there is a linear calibration which can correlate voice volume loss in dB to SR. So the unit of SR could be dB^-1

• Hopefully we have a clear ending to all this. I would hate for him to have taken us on this 7 year , and counting, roller coaster ride, and then just leave us hanging as he quietly slips away.

The worst possible outcome for Rossi would be for there to be a "clear ending to all this". To me, Rossi's most impressive skill, and I say this will all sincerity, is to spin a story of ambiguity that captures his audiences attention. He has developed the ability to surf the very edge of uncertainty for over a decade, and he has no intention of stopping now. It's literally defined his identity, the master of plausible deniability surfing. So he will do everything possible to tickle the imaginations of some enough to keep the show rolling. Almost like a Buck Rogers Serial. Rossi seems to have learned to live by the phrase, "Always keep them wanting for more" (Attributed to P. T. Barnum, though this is disupted).

If he has any say in the matter, he will not allow for a clear ending to any of this.

• Just to set the record straight. Dr. Kullander never said of any of Rossi's devices that they work as claimed. What he said was that they produced anomalous results which had to be explained with additional experiments. If he saw that a scam had been named after him, he'd roll over in his grave.

I suggested the idea to Rossi so I will be partly to blame.

But I think Rossi is going to be succesful with the SK.

• Official Post

Interesting thread from ECW with

some comments from Bob Greenyer.

Mats Lewan has posted an off topic comment.I asked him if he is attending Jan 31 SK Demo.

https://e-catworld.com/2018/11…-test-damaged-his-health/

Thanks Sam. Is this Prof. Vassalla now working with Rossi, actually Vessela Nikolova, the owner of the website: http://www.ecat-thenewfire.com…gnetic-electron-new-fire/ ?

Some good info Rossi is starting to release of late. Like a good maestro, he is slowly building the crescendo towards the rousing grand finale. Question is, what is that finale going to look like; another dud, or something real?

• Official Post
    1. Frank Acland November 15, 2018 at 9:09 AM

Dear Andrea,

When you opened up the E-Cats for their open heart surgery, did your detectors inform you that there was danger?

Best wishes,

Frank Acland

2. Translate

Andrea Rossi November 15, 2018 at 4:49 PM

Frank Acland:

Yes.

Warm Regards,

A.R.

What's up? Rossi has downplayed this radiation thing for years, and now he is raising the red flag about it's dangers. While in this comment, and yesterdays when blaming his sickness on his looking inside his reactors shielding, he is referring to his older Ecat LT's, the new version runs on the same fuel, theory supposedly. Any government regulatory authority will assume if the older model was dangerous, the SK is also.

I know if I were the new customer and read this, there is no way I would let that thing in my factory. That would make me liable for any ill effects on my workers, and expose me to all kinds of legal, and safety risk. It would be downright stupid. Plus, he is already in the Florida professional regulatory agency cross hairs, and now he is admitting publicly he is operating a dangerous device somewhere in Miami? Something does not add up. It is like he wants to be stopped.

• Radiation event in Lugano? Where did that come from?

The only radiation event in Lugano that I can confirm was one that cooled the R'ster's rental car in the parking lot.

My understanding in Miami is that the hunt is on and that is good because this can resolve that there has never been any radiation there either. No smoke = no fire. I hope they find him and get some written responses on file.

• "Something does not add up. It is like he wants to be stopped."

Indeed it seems... Rossi may prepare for excuses why this and that cannot happen (e.g. selling a "product", certification, building robotic factories, ...) because authorities did not allow it or asking him for more extensive testing....radiation is a very nice and general reason to NOT do something...

I hope he advised his invitees to wear lead aprons and helmets when participating in his in-house presentation of a working SK reactor. I am not an inspector of nuclear plants, but am sure there are rules in Florida that require him to pre-announce and apply for such a presentation where he operates nuclear devices under very strict conditions (if at all allowed..)

• Silly Gruber, strange radiation is obviously not ionizing, and is only dangerous if not thermalized. Home Depot did not yet stock the Glacier Bay thermalization PVC piping back then. The interesting thing about his answer is that apparently strange radiation makes one lose their voice. That might be the first useful gauge to measuring it. Perhaps there is a linear calibration which can correlate voice volume loss in dB to SR. So the unit of SR could be dB^-1

Strange radiation is the LENR active agent. It is the agent that generates the LENR reaction that includes fusion, fission and alpha radiation. If this agent gets inside the body, like radon or radium (alpha radiation producers), the agent will caused various alpha radiation related illness.

Rossi lost his ability to speak after the surgery. He needed speech therapy in order to talk again. This sounds like brain surgery to me. The prognosis for long term survival is not good. If so, enjoy Rossi while you can, He might well be a short timer on this earth.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broca%27s_area

1024px-Broca%E2%80%99s_area_-_BA44_and_BA45.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…e_processing_in_the_brain

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.