Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• Official Post

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fstartswithabang%2Ffiles%2F2015%2F11%2Fandrea_fraud_rossi-1200x661.jpg

https://www.forbes.com/sites/s…t-fake-news/#2c3810bc6f0c

I shamelessly trolled ECW and got this hot scoop. :) Frank has really been on the ball lately, and putting us to shame here. Anyway, the article says nothing about LENR, but has this old photo of Rossi with the caption:

“There are, no doubt, charlatans and frauds who would exploit the ignorance and gullibility of others for their own gain, such as convicted fraud Andrea Rossi, shown with his highly-suspect device: the e-Cat.”

This has Rossi reverting back to his old ways of striking out at his "enemies":

Italo R.:
    Yes, he surely is.
    We count only on the satisfaction of our Clients, since we do not sell plants, do not look for public funding: our profit comes only from the sales of heat.
    This fact is troubling our enemies, that lately are getting nervous and are squeezing their trolls, physicists, engineers or simply imbeciles as they might be.
    Warm Regards,
    A.R.

Throw in the "snakes,clowns,chatterers"...which probably come next, and we are transported back in time to the fall of 2011. All I can say Mr. Rossi, is that you can make the madness stop right now if you want to. All you have to do is to show something, anything, that will prove your tech, and you turn from conman, to hero. Of course, you will not do that, so I have no sympathy for you.

11 years after the heated factory in Italy with an Ecat, and still no proof it works.

• Official Post

What have these inspired people accomplished to date?

Russ and Alan have accomplished quite a bit. That can be said even after multiple, qualified visitors kicked the tires, checked their data, and witnessed the events in real time. That in is in comparison to Lion, Me356, Suhas, J5 who all flunked their first test. Parkomov is a "maybe", taking into consideration his reactor flunked BG's inspection in a visit to Moscow.

If the AE holds up to the rigorous testing to come, Rossi will have at least served some useful purpose, by shining a light on a small manger in Essex. I do not know how historians will handle that one. :)

• I think Rossi has designed and built many different variations of reactors that worked. The issue is that because he insists on keeping one hundred percent of the marketshare and not sharing his IP with anyone, he will likely - although I hope I'm wrong - be able to mass produce ANY version of his technology. The best way to proceed forward, in my opinion, would be to find a LARGE potential partner and offer EVERY LAST LITTLE BIT of his IP to them in exchange for three things: a modest advance on future sales, royalties from future sales, and a guarantee that they will openly market the technology or they owe him a payment ten times that of the advance.

Rossi may not make BILLIONS of dollars in the above case but he would obtain more money than he could ever hope to spend in his remaining years, celebrity status as being the man who brought cold fusion to the mainstream (not saying this would make him into a hero but at least one aspect of his legacy would be positive), and he would insure that SOMETHING comes of his technology to benefit the world.

On the path Rossi is going, I think there is a 80% chance or higher than NOTHING will ever come of his technology. Several million bucks, fame, and his name in the history books is better than nothing.

• Official Post

The best way to proceed forward, in my opinion, would be to find a LARGE potential partner and offer EVERY LAST LITTLE BIT of his IP to them in exchange for three things: a modest advance on future sales, royalties from future sales, and a guarantee that they will openly market the technology or they owe him a payment ten times that of the advance.

Director,

Italy's ENEL I believe, was one of the few which privately verified Rossi's Ecat in the early days. I believe they offered him $10 million for the tech, and then some other incentives like you mention, that if the Ecat were brought to market would make him rich. He turned down the offer. The court records also revealed Boeing tried to partner up with Rossi before IH, but Rossi snubbed them. National Instruments (NI) also reportedly wanted to make a deal. Then there was Carl Page who tried to arrange a meeting with Elon Muck, and he refused (Rossi later told Lewan he did not remember any such offer).

There is no mystery that if he had anything close to what he claims, he could have been filthy rich, and famous long ago. His refusing to partner up with any company with top notch engineering assets at their disposal, indicates fraudulent intent. He chose IH because they had no such expertise, and would let him run the show.

• I don't think it indicates fraudulent intent. I think that from Rossi's point of view he thinks any large company he makes a deal with would gobble up his technology, take the vast majority of the credit for themselves, and he'd receive a tiny fraction of what he deserves. Rossi doesn't want to get rich. Rossi doesn't want to have some amount of fame. Rossi doesn't even want to be a CEO. My opinion is that Rossi wants to be the Bill Gates of LENR and have his own near monopoly on LENR. Patterson was the exact same way and Jed Rothwell VERIFIED that Patterson's device worked!

Greed is a dangerous thing. It makes people throw all rationality out of the window. Patterson told Jed flat out that if he couldn't have one hundred percent of the marketshare (which would mean trillions of dollars of income) then he didn't want any share at all. I'm convinced Rossi feels the exact same way. In his opinion, he figured out how to take LENR to the next level and only he deserves the fame and riches. When you combine that with paranoia (even if some of it is honestly justified) and fear of being taken advantage of, you end up with inventors syndrome.

I'm NOT saying that Rossi has been consistently honest about every experiment and test he has performed. But I'm convinced that he has had working reactors all along. The problem is that when he comes up with an idea to make an even better system, the previous devices are WORTHLESS to him and he doesn't want to allow anyone to utilize them.

I think the ONLY reason he is finally TRYING to commercialize the QX (even though I don't think it is likely he will succeed) is because it's the most precise, powerful, controllable, and safe form of LENR around. I don't think there is another step forward except for tapping electricity from these same systems instead of allowing it to be thermalized by joule heating.

• Official Post

Director,

Maybe so. We shall see how this plays out. I hope you are right. With history as a guide, the smart bet is that he is a fraud, but there are a few nuggets here and there that leave open a glimmer of hope for the man, and his technology.

The ENEL story is almost what I remembered, but not quite. Here is a more accurate recollection from the source:

http://www.ecat-thenewfire.com…rly-refusal-towards-lenr/

Go to the comments section where Mats Lewan comments about the ENEL/Rossi flirtation. Not all bad for believers.

• Shane,

I really don't like the blanket term "a fraud." In my opinion, it's very imprecise and lumps all of his technology in with his lies, manipulations, and business practices. For a FACT we know that he has been "shady" (to put it mildly) when it comes to how he represented what was going on at Doral. Also, we know in other instances he has lied and has been FAR less than honest. But when it comes to his technology I think there's a great deal of evidence (not perhaps absolute proof beyond any doubt whatsoever) that various versions of E-Cats did indeed work. One of the strongest examples in my opinion is the 18 hour test conducted by Dr. Levi and a couple associates in an alley somewhere in Italy. He alleges that the E-Cat operated for 18 hours consuming on average only about 100 watts (what was required to operate the control box) and produced on average 10kW of thermal power and a peak of 130kW. He used water flow calorimetry measuring the temperature of water going in and out. Rossi was NOT present at the test. Interestingly, when the power was peaking up to 130kW he called Rossi to ask what to do. Rossi became fearful of a meltdown and instructed him to vent some of the hydrogen. When he did the output lowered down to around 10kW.

When it comes to the most recent systems, I cannot stress enough that the basic concept of operation is very close to a list of other devices that have been built and tested over the years. The only thing that Rossi seems to be doing differently is utilizing a different fuel mixture. Instead of pure hydrogen or pure noble gas, he is using a mix of hydrogen, lithium, aluminum, probably noble gases, nickel vapor, platinum vapor, etc. I think this helps to maximize the production of altered hydrogen in the plasma (fractional hydrogen) so that nuclear reactions can take place.

I really think that in basic concept the QX is not very different from the Suncell, the Correa device, or Chernetsky device, and a list of others. I don't know if Rossi read about these other devices before he produced the QX, but I think it is likely that he is using these previous technologies to produce pure plasma fusion just like he used Focardi's know how to produce powder based systems.

• Official Post

I wouldn’t know, but would those gentlemen actually describe themselves as inspired by Rossi?

Obviously you only read the Rossi threads. LENR-Forum is a multi-dimensional discussion area, with a number of interesting, engaging topics to explore. Limit yourself to only one, and you miss out on so many others. Your loss, not mine.

• I'm hoping that someone who is familiar with the work of Paulo Correa

I am familiar with that. It is the worst calorimetry I have ever seen, and I've seen loads of atrocious calorimetry. I pointed out some of the problems and Correa went ape shit. For months! I think you can find his attacks against me with Google. The guy has a screw loose.

The others you listed range from unproven to fruitcakes.

• I am frustrated with Rossi. I am tired of his games.

However, not matter what Rossi has ever done (even if he is secretly a thousand year old vampire that walked alongside Dracula) I fully support the commercialization of the QX if it indeed works as Rossi claims. If he can bring the QX to the market, I'll be cheering the breakthrough. I refuse to let my anger control me to the extent that I'd rather let the whole world suffer.

• There are two sides to the story of what happened at Doral.

No, there are not. The statements and the papers provided by I.H. made Rossi look guilty, and the ones provided by Rossi proved beyond any doubt he is guilty! His own testimony and his own Penon report are the best evidence that he is a criminal. You refuse to read the report, so you cannot dispute that.

You refuse to look at any docket evidence, so you have no basis for saying there are two sides.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.