Brillouin: Interview in RT "A Century of War"

• Official Post

The Brillouin Energy Corporation was part of a film made by russian RT news site:

https://www.rt.com/shows/watch…ming-purposes-technology/

On this episode of Watching the Hawks, Sean Stone presents Part 3 of his new documentary, A Century of War.
    Interviews with Michael McKubre, Ramez Naam, and William Gough delve
    into whether we will use future technology for life-affirming purposes
    or life-taking ends.

Robert Godes, Carl Page, and Peter Hagelstein were also interviewed.

• Brillouin is irrelevant until they demonstrate far higher outputs than one watt per gram of fuel. The report that was published not that long ago was downright silly -- they didn't even have their "Q-Pulse" activated. I'd really like to see them perform an open test of their "hot tube" technology with just a tiny touch of lithium to maximize energy production.

• Official Post

I think Brillouin is very significative if confirmed.

They great point is control. I don't understand the claim that they did not use Q-Wave as it is their key mechanism, key claim.

They don't talk of lithium.
    Even if power density is low, the energetic density of LENR is structurally huge.

Moreover I consider that the key problem is theory which will allow improvement and solve the efficiency/density/COP question.
    Having control is an engineering key factor, but also a key evidence for theory.

Seeing debate on theory, I am concerned however. Scientist today are unable to even agree on basics, and until they behave like adults I'm afraid nothing will advance.

• In the recent paper it is specifically stated they did not use the Q-Wave. Apparently, it would had somehow interfered with measurement (do not remember the details). The result was a power density of around a watt per gram if I remember correctly. I've read statements from them alleging higher power densities from their "hot tube" system. I expect it is possible due to the fact Focardi, Me356, and others have been able to achieve decent results with just nickel and hydrogen (no lithium). But they need to go ahead and publish test results of the hot tube with their Q-Wave activated, if they wait I expect they will miss a window of opportunity.

• Official Post

Sorry, you are right, rereading Halem's presentation to ICCF20
    page 18 of

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=bGVuci1pbnZlc3QuY298bGVuci1pbnZlc3QtZG93bmxvYWRzfGd4OjI5NTljNTc1ZTAzOWQz
    NO Q-Pulse RF power signal delivered to core (because measuring Q-Pulse
    power to the core accurately is not possible with 2015 HHT experimental
    setup)

They deactivated Qwave, which is abandoning their main feature... :(
    Since long Brillouin says their advantage is control. :huh:
    I was thinking based on less detailed reports around ICCF 18 and 19 with 4x gain (powerOut/QwavePower)...

Their justification that RF cannot be measured, seems to mean that consumed power is much higher than RF power, making it looking uninteresting. This maybe explains why it is still not commercial. Or it is only a question of insufficient precision?

They say at the end :

Brillouin, the author, and third party designing and validating a QPulse power calibration so that future runs using Q-Pulse can be incorporated.

Absence of q-wave can also explains the low power density... Anyway power density is not a problem in home applications, since 20kg of boiler's core for 20kW (my boiler is about that power) is OK.

I'm sad that this test is simply a gas permeation experiment... however it is third party and calibrated. to be continued.

• Official Post

Interesting comment by Robert George (BE CEO) at 26.32. Recounts Godes answering the often asked question: "If LENR is real, why is it not seen in nature". Godes say's it is, and gives the example of "massive heat excursions", seen in Russian oil fields. Never heard that one before.

Along with that, we also have LENR suspected in smelting operations in India as reported at ICCF20, and also in fuel/water mixtures in Chile...or is that Peru? recently reported on by Curbina.

Recounts Godes answering the often asked question: "If LENR is real, why is it not seen in nature". Godes say's it is, and gives the example of "massive heat excursions", seen in Russian oil fields. Never heard that one before.

Godes is FOS. I suspect Brillouin will turn out just like Defkalion, Rossi, Steorn and BLP. They've been going how many years now? Without doing a single independent test or valid-appearing demonstration. They should STFU and actually perform something other than jaw flapping.

• Official Post

Interesting comment by Robert George (BE CEO) at 26.32. Recounts Godes answering the often asked question: "If LENR is real, why is it not seen in nature". Godes say's it is, and gives the example of "massive heat excursions", seen in Russian oil fields.…

Shane, It was in Chile, but the effect was actually found in the Brazilian branch y of the Chilean Company.

• Official Post

Shane, It was in Chile, but the effect was actually found in the Brazilian branch y of the Chilean Company.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

Curbina,

Thanks. Hopefully we are kept informed of developments...or lack thereof, and this does not just disappear off the radar, as so often happens in LENR? Very interesting stuff. If you hear anything more on this, please pass it on.

Hopefully we are kept informed of developments...or lack thereof, and this does not just disappear off the radar, as so often happens in LENR?

Shane, did you ever ask yourself while LENR developments so often just disappear from the radar? Could it be that the proponents of the disappearing items are either scammers or self-deceivers? If one really could get appreciable amounts of energy from LENR, it would not disappear. It would be sought after ardently and developed vigorously but that just doesn't happen does it? And then you and those who think like you get busy inventing excuses for it and/or lamenting it.

• Official Post

"If LENR is real, why is it not seen in nature"

Yes, there was a report about exchanges of Brillouin with Norvegian Statoil who observed anomalies in their activity.
    I thought it was refinery anomalies, but maybe is it oil field anomaly as said. or maybe both.

I know another such family of anomalies, during nanopowder treatment when reducing metal surface oxydes with H2 in some conditions.

Another is the Didier Grass family of incidents, with nano-powder sputtering-plated with metal and electrolysed.

Electrochemist like Fleischmann report also that in the 50s there was unclear knowledge of anomalies in PdD electrolysis, that pushed them to make their experiments with a probably wrong theory (hydrides as highly pressurized D2 plasma in Pd).

You also have maybe the Sternglass experiment (I'm not convinced it is LENR but...).

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.