• Back in March I predicted that Rossi would not release the ERV report, but I did not know how he could refuse.

Much to his credit, he filed a law suit to give him several more years mischief.

He has attracted a loyal following of hopefuls who ignore every clue to Rossi's criminal behavior.

• Regardless if he has been up to mischief or not, he has the only high powered (1000 watts per gram of fuel) LENR technology that has been publicly disclosed and replicated. No other LENR technology comes close unless you count the occasional, unexplained, transient runaway in deuterium-palladium systems, the work of Unified Gravity Corporation with lithium proton fusion which is probably no where close to a workable product, or Black Light Power's "Rube Goldberg" device. Rossi's no saint and there's a chance (albeit a very slim one) that the whole test in Doral was a giant scam with no manufacturing equipment ever present in the building to produce a single gram of chemical product, no intention to ever produce a single watt of power, the hiring of James A. Bass as an actor to participate in a scam by lying about manufacturing operations that were not taking place, no connection whatsoever to Johnson Matthey, and Rossi pretending to monitor reactors when in reality he had no interest in them because they were all "dummies." But even if every last one of these accusations are proven true (with a scenario in the middle somewhere including both some excess heat with a significant dose of deceit being a thousand times more likely), the E-Cat technology remains the dominant publicly disclosed LENR technology.

For this reason, unless IH's central assertions are proven true beyond any doubt, Andrea Rossi's work to advance and further develop the E-Cat technology will have my support. But what I support with even more vigor is the effort to crack the critical parameters that allow for high powered nickel-hydrogen (enhanced with lithium) LENR reactors to be built and repeatedly tested with a high success rate. From what I've been told and have read about Me356, he has already achieved this through an obsessive-compulsive series of daily testing. Sadly, for whatever reasons, he now has decided to keep the information to himself -- breaking his promise to the community. But if he can figure out the critical parameters then others can do so as well!

Once we can figure out how to boost the success rate of E-Cat replications from perhaps 1% to 90% or higher, everything will change as a flood of replication videos are posted on YouTube. Only then will the entire world have access to unlimited energy. Every super power, every small struggling third world country, every dictatorship, every native American reservation, every community, and every individual with the skills to replicate will have access to the contents of Pandora's Box for better or worse.

A critical test for our civilization will begin.

• Official Post

he has the only high powered (1000 watts per gram of fuel) LENR technology that has been publicly disclosed and replicated.

The problem with Rossi is exactly this!
    We don't know whether he has something.

He never showed it clearly. Each time there were some flaws.
    And the "replications"...yes there were some. But they too are often either questionable (Parkhomov) or there was not enough data to draw a conclusion.

And the more proper calorimetry and bulletproof measurement techniques were used, the smaller to not existent was the excess heat (see MFMP).

• Regardless if he has been up to mischief or not, he has the only high powered (1000 watts per gram of fuel) LENR technology that has been publicly disclosed and replicated.

That is what he says, and what you say. There is a dispute here because other people say he is lying about that, and he has not shown any experimental evidence for his claims. His 1-year test was clearly fake. It produced no excess heat.

I do not understand why you are convinced his claims are real. As far as I know, you have no technical basis for that. You cannot point to temperature data, or flow rates or anything like that. The only thing you have to go on is what Rossi said on his blog. He has not said much. He makes assertions without a shred of experimental data. I.H., on the other hand, published Exhibit 5, which has a lot of data, all of it damning. It proves his claims are false. This data came from Rossi himself. He refused to publish it or to show it to any of his followers. In passing he denied it is his. But it is his data, and it proves beyond question that he is lying and you are wrong.

How can you deny any of that? What basis do you have for any of your claims? I don't mean your gut feelings, or you impression from political machinations. I mean what calorimetric data do you have? And how can you believe there was 1 MW of heat being produced in a warehouse with no ventilation capable of removing that much heat?

• /* His 1-year test was clearly fake. It produced no excess heat.*/

After then the IH shouldn't want to keep its license so eagerly, don't you think? On the contrary - it's just A. Rossi, who wants to remove the license from IH under evasion, that IH didn't pay in time. And which factual evidence do you have for the above claim? As a proponent of academic research you should realize, that A. Rossi is doing private research. He can still utilize the public research freely (which could make the academicians upset) - but he isn't obliged to publish anything about it. These are the rules - you may like it or not, but that's all.

This doesn't say, I'm somehow impressed from secretive nature of private cold fusion research. IMO such an attitude just delays the progress, which is harming all of us.

• Jed,

Let me make one issue crystal clear.

My understanding of the power density of his technology has ZERO to do with the performance of the plant in Doral, Florida. If it in reality produced the full output he claims or a far lower degree of heat, it has no bearing on the performance of his technology. I base my opinion on what I know about the private tests he performed that he did not discuss publicly (most of these were early on from 2008 to 2011), the long series of tests he performed after the opening of the JONP (almost a couple a month at one point), the statements of Cures who worked with him testing hundreds of reactors, the published results of multiple replicators including the Russian teams that almost no one discusses, and unpublished replication results I'm aware of. All together they convince me that although the technology can be finiky as heck for replicators, when the excess heat event takes place the power output is phenomenal.

I don't give a hoot at this time about Exhibit 5. And I'm not going to give a hoot about it until we get answers from Andrea Rossi and others, hopefully under oath in court or a sworn affidavit. I'm not going to come to any conclusion about the meaning of that the questions/statements in that document until we have both sides of the story. And even if Rossi's eventual answers indicate that the whole Doral test was a scam, it has no bearing on my opinion of his technology AS A WHOLE. I'm under no illusion that Rossi is a totally upright man who has paralleled integrity. But the overall sum of evidence from his early tests with Focardi to the latest replications indicates the technology is real.

You disagree. I accept that. And I understand why Andrea Rossi has you very irritated. I'm not happy with him either. But I'm differentiating the technology from Andrea Rossi the person. That's the only way that I can keep following this field without fuming at my laptop until I go into a heart attack.

The problem with Rossi is exactly this!We don't know whether he has something. He never showed it clearly. Each time there were some flaws.

It is only a problem with Rossi if you reckon extraordinary claims from an unconvincing character without evidence are likely to be real. Otherwise its a problem for Rossi.

• After then the IH shouldn't want to keep its license so eagerly, don't you think?

They do not seem eager to me. They paid $10 million for the license. Are you saying they should give it up for nothing? It might be worth something -- we cannot be absolutely sure it is valueless. So of course they should keep it. If Rossi wants it back, he should offer a $10 million refund, and he should drop the lawsuit.

I think he claimed that he did offer a refund, but I have heard he as lying about that. He often lies.

• I don't give a hoot at this time about Exhibit 5. And I'm not going to give a hoot about it until we get answers from Andrea Rossi and others,

Rossi and others had a contractual obligation to answer it before they filed suit. They did not answer. That should tell you they have no answers. What else could it mean? If Rossi had answers, he would have been paid $89 million. (Plus he would have to transfer the technology.) Why would anyone withhold answers and file a lawsuit to get the money, when all he has to do is answer?

More to the point, what do you mean when you say you don't give a hoot? Do you mean you do not believe the claims in Exhibit 5? In that case I agree you should not give a hoot. However, if you mean the claims are true but Rossi might have some reasonable response to them, then I think you do not understand how instruments work and calorimetry works.

• They do not seem eager to me. They paid $10 million for the license. Are you saying they should give it up for nothing? It might be worth something -- we cannot be absolutely sure it is valueless. So of course they should keep it. If Rossi wants it back, he should offer a $10 million refund, and he should drop the lawsuit.

I think he claimed that he did offer a refund, but I have heard he as lying about that. He often lies.

Right. If nothing else, it is valuable as leverage while the suit is going on. It also has the value of serving the purpose of limiting the territories where he can play his games.

• I think he claimed that he did offer a refund, but I have heard he as lying about that

IMO Rossi is very motivated on keeping the exclusive ECat license for the whole world himself. Without it he wouldn't attack the IH just the same day, when IH delayed its payment. IMO Rossi behaves like person, who is apparently aware the value of the ECat technology and the IH behaves similarly. Without it the IH wouldn't issue another patent applications bound to ECat technology in an effort to extent and embrace license of A.Rossi. Which is one of the reasons, why Rossi did attack the IH so eagerly.

In addition, we have another independent confirmations of ECat technology validity, at least at the principal level : Lugano and Parkhomov reports and few others, less conclusive ones. So that under accounting all these external circumstances my neural network still adheres on validity of one-year test, despite I realize and openly admit, I've no explicit support for it. I can only guess its results by behavior of people involved in it.

In addition, we have another independent confirmations of ECat technology validity, at least at the principal level : Lugano and Parkhomov reports and few others, less conclusive ones.

How does the Lugano data provide any sort of validation of Rossi technology?

Its like the meme that Apollo moon landings were faked. Ideas, however unsound, stay in the internet undergrowth to bring forth loathsome fruiting bodies at some future date when the climate is right.

Without it he wouldn't attack the IH just the same day, when IH delayed its payment.

We now have ample evidence that relations between IH and Rossi had deteriorated long before then, so that does not run. Rossi would have known what IH thought of his "test".

• Zephir- " when IH delayed its payment."
    remember Rossi filed suit before the deadline for the payment.
    Also the true issue is not if the device works, it is if Rossi actually transferred the technology so that IH could use it.

• In addition, we have another independent confirmations of ECat technology validity, at least at the principal level : Lugano and Parkhomov reports and few others

I do not think these were confirmations. Both were failures. Both were sloppy. The only careful attempts to replicate Rossi have failed, as far as I know.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.