POWERING THE ROBOTS - UK 100% FUNDING OPPORTUNITY

• Official Post

https://www.gov.uk/government/…-for-new-power-generation

Organisations can apply for a share of £750,000 to investigate new technologies that generate power for robotic and autonomous systems.

The Centre for Defence Enterprise (CDE) has up to £750,000 to invest in projects that investigate small and lightweight power generation that can be integrated into robotic systems and carried by a person. Projects with promising ideas could also be eligible to share a further £750,000 to improve them in a second phase. The CDE is particularly interested in technologies that:

Improve endurance – stretching to days rather than minutes.
    Are lightweight and man-portable.
    Have high energy density – greater than 1,000 watt hours per kg.

The military is increasingly looking to robotic and autonomous systems for many functions, including resupply, logistics and other military uses. Use of autonomous systems is, however, limited by a lack of lightweight power systems. This competition is looking for innovative power systems that could last around 48 hours.

The competition is open, and the deadline for applications is 1 February 2017, the competition is open to any organisation and is for fully funded development contracts. Phase 1 projects are expected to be worth between £40,000 and £80,000 and to last up to 9 months. A briefing event for potential applicants will be held on 1 December 2016

• Alan,

My name is Dominick Protomastro and I work on corporate innovation programs at Greentown Labs, the largest climatetech incubator in North America. I’m following up on a prior message I sent you about Go Make 2022. More details below:

Currently, we are partnering with Mitsubishi Corporation (Americas) and the M-Lab Companies, a consortium of large top-tier Japanese organizations based in Silicon Valley, to run a partnership accelerator program called Greentown Go Make 2022. As a refresher, we are looking for innovative startups to partner with MCA that decarbonize supply chains across four categories:

• Supply Chain Management
    • Packaging Products and Materials
    • Alternative Foods and Ingredients
    • Green Fleet / Battery Management.

I’m reaching back out to offer any assistance as you navigate your application. See below for additional information on the timeline and where to apply.

Important Dates:

We hosted an informational webinar about the program with MCA and the M-Lab Companies on 6/23/22 - you can follow this link to check it out: Go Make 2022 Webinar

Let me know if you have any questions. If you’d like to discuss the program, grab 30 min on my calendar https://cal.mixmax.com/michelagrunebaum/gomake2022 at your convenience.

All the best,
    Greentown Go Team

• the deadline for applications is 1 February 2017

I am interested in the results of the 2017 competition.

Organisations can apply for a share of £750,000 to investigate new technologies that generate power for robotic and autonomous systems.

Also

Alan,

My name is Dominick Protomastro and I work on corporate innovation programs at Greentown Labs, the largest climatetech incubator in North America.

Personally

I will be confused and disappointed if Dominick does not attend ICCF-24 in person, for at least the closing day.

He would be remiss in doing so, considering his mission.

• Dominick Protomastro only funds projects in Houston and Boston - so vested interests in S-SAFE located in Silicon Valley may not be of interest to him. Again location, location, location..........not the project is the deciding factor for funding opportunities.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.