Electron stimulated nuclear fusion

• LENR has showed to be real in experiments but it is not widely accepted science because of the absence of a reliable hypothesis about the mechanism behind the nuclear fusion. This shortcoming of LENR cannot be a surprise because there is no theoretical frame of reference in physics to understand the creating of nuclear fusion at low temperatures.

So we have to conclude that the understanding of LENR needs “new physics”. However, most people who are fascinated by “cold fusion” are not familiar with the foundations of physics so they try to find the mechanism with the help of complicated presumptions.

When someone wants to understand LENR, he/she has to understand quantum field theory. Unfortunately, quantum field theory is partly a mystery for physicists. They can calculate all kinds of interactions between elementary particles (Standard model of particle physics) but the models are awkward and counter intuitive. So there is a lot of uncertainty about “the foundations”.

I have tried to translate the mathematical mechanism behind LENR in understandable physics (see http://vixra.org/pdf/1610.0141v1.pdf).
    The conclusion is the conservation of quanta transfer in space (quantum fields) and the constant velocity of quanta transfer (speed of light).

More in detail – in relation to cold fusion – is the description at https://xzplo.blogspot.nl/2016/11/introduction.html.

However, there is not one way to get nuclear fusion. A nickel-hydrogen reactor can also be stimulated by an alternating high frequency. And probably there are chemical compounds that can adsorb hydrogen in an easy way and are a conductor for high frequency currents too. So I hope that people who want to DIY an experimental LENR reactor have some hold on the descriptions.

• /* LENR has showed to be real in experiments but it is not widely accepted science because of the absence of a reliable hypothesis about the mechanism behind the nuclear fusion. */

This is not the true reason. For example the dark matter or high temperature superconductivity also have no accepted explanation, but their research threats the research position in few other areas, so that nobody has an actual reason for to boycott it. The greater problem is, we are still lacking easily reproducible system, which could be easily prepared and demonstrated. Something like the famous - but still mysterious Crawen's spheres. Why these artifacts aren't attempted to replicate before any other research and sold at commercial basis goes over my head. I do perceive sorta masochist trait in a way, in which the human society accepts the breakthrough findings and technologies - the more apparent they are, the more it avoids them. This applies even to cold fusion community, which often avoids the replication of earlier but more successful results. Why we aren't starting the research with this, what already works?

• Official Post

This applies even to cold fusion community, which often avoids the replication of earlier but more successful results. Why we aren't starting the research with this, what already works?

Jed have numerously reported the problem of LENR scientists to reproduce exactly.
    I've also heard such problem with Paul March at NASA EW not reproducing Shawyer's Emdrive, adding dielectric.

Today I support PdD, just because it is proven working...

• @Zephir,

If you don’t mind, the subject is the LENR mechanism and not my personal opinion about the acceptance of LENR by theoretical physicists. However, nuclear fusion is not comparable with dark matter because there is an accepted and verified theory about nuclear interactions between nuclei. Unfortunately, this theory about HIGH ENERGY NUCLEAR FUSION cannot explain nuclear fusion at low temperatures. That is the main cause behind the scepticism of physicist about LENR, although it is not difficult to imagine that theoretical physicists are not so amused about this “revolution” against their theoretical framework.
    Anyway, we have to discuss about LENR in a scientific way. Personal opinions and presumptions are a spill of time.

• However, nuclear fusion is not comparable with dark matter .... Unfortunately, this theory cannot explain nuclear fusion at low temperatures.

One assumption you might revisit is the assumption that there is fusion going on. There are other ways to get nuclear levels of energy, transmutations and other observed products without needing fusion. I suggest the experiments are partly equivocal on this point, or more likely that they rule out fusion, and that certain popularizers have followed their own intuitions beyond the constraints imposed by the available evidence.

• Official Post

What appears is a reaction producing He4 + 20-30MeV without much violence, and not much else (million less tritium, neutrons, transmutations) compared to heat...

This may be a good summary
    http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/StormsEwhatisbeli.pdf

The hypothesis of a transmutations (with alpha=4He2- emission) instead of fusion does not match the modest transmutations observed in PdD, except if there is a Pd nuclear catalysis somethings like

D+D+Pd -> X -> Pd+alpha

• The hypothesis of a transmutations (with alpha=4He2- emission) instead of fusion does not match the modest transmutations observed in PdD, except if there is a Pd nuclear catalysis somethings like

Palladium may be entirely inert, and not involved. There is also platinum, which is usually used as the counter-electrode, is heavier, and hence is more amenable to breaking up under Coloumb repulsion when there is sufficient screening.

The evidence you point to suggests that there is no dd fusion occurring (or fusion of deuterium, or production of helium from deuterium, or whatever). :)

• Official Post

The reaction is many-many-many bodies, it cannot be else.
    Either it is an error, or multi-body.
    As I've been trained for microelectronics and follow science from graphene to HTSC (oops they met recently) multi-body is more than credible, especially because it is an unexplored zone where many dragons and blackswan are flying undiscovered.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.